July 29, 2014 | 2001 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by sandydavis999

as someone who doesnt wear much makeup i really like this blush as it just adds a tiny bit of subtle colour to my face. perfect for the natural look, it is abit expensive for what it is but it lasts such a long time and has managed to survive being dropped several times so i think it works out to be much cheaper in the long run. I will definatly repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used up my final 500 sephora points to get this, with the primer and mascara. I use BE clear radiance and am phasing out BE because of the ridiculous mess it makes. I love this color! Granted I'm very fair and have pinky skin to begin with. It's too light to use as stand alone blush when I'm doing a full on face with foundation, but it's great when I'm doing a tinted moisturizer and really light makeup, gives me a nice rosy cheek and brightens my face. It's comparable on me to a light application of posietint if I build it up, and with a light hand it's comparable to a less shiny clear radiance. It isn't overtly shimmery, it brightens more by color than sparkle. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The brush is just too stiff and linear, it leaves a line and I prefer a more blended application, and the flip top is obnoxious, it takes up too much space. I'd prefer a compact. Still, for color and quality, five lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by bemyanchor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm extremely pale and I don't really like a ton of color on my cheeks since I have some pink in my skin anyway, so this very subtle wash of pink is perfect. It doesn't pack the punch of pigment that most blush does, so if you're looking for intensity, look elsewhere.

For those more interested in just a hint of color, I think this is great. I like that I can just slap some on without worrying about looking like a clown. It blends easily, looks natural and isn't loaded with sparkle. It can also be used as a very subtle highlighter, because it does have the slightest bit of iridescence to it.

I swatched this and put photos in my pictures album, so you can see just how barely-there this is, especially in direct sunlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Niamhburns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It's easy to use & apply and it produces a great finished look subtly. Most rosť blushers are quite heavy and thick but not this one. The only problem is the price tag, £27 but you pay for quality. I love the packaging, very cute and the brush is brilliant.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Nikkers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this colour but it just doesn't produce. I could add ten layers and it wouldn't show up on my skin. It's just too transparent. I tried day in and day out but there is simply no payoff ... and my skin is quite light.

Also hate the BeneFit cardboard packaging. Naturally the corners will get beat up if you throw it in a bag. For that price, it should stay nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycupcake123

Such a lovely little packaging, and when Benefit said it was 'Ballerina-pink' i couldn't resist such a cute blush! I know its meant to be an 'all-over' face powder to be duster over the face, but seriously? Not for me anyway? Its far too shimmery (for a blush its fine, but not the whole face, eep!) I find that its not very pigmented, say as Coralista or Bella Bamba, but that means that you can build it up. For me, i really have to build up quite a lot to get the blush colour i like. Its adorable and smells great and a benefit classic. Definitely get the MUA tio show you how to use it. Once you know, its well worth the money.

If you have the time to blend it, it works out well. If you're after a straight blush that's stronger with only one application, use Coralista or Bella Bamba. Not a fan of the new flip lids, but the package is quite cute. Overall, a very cute product and teh perfect light-pink shade for a blush!

In love! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this blush :) This retails for US$28 for a 7g box :) I was actually disappointed that Benefit downsized their products (but still had the same pricing) around last month. I had an older version of this blush, which holds 10g of product. They downsized about 1/3 of the amount of their products, which is quite a lot. The website reads, "This classic ballerina pink finishing powder takes your complexion from dull to radiant in an instant... a celeb fave! Complete with soft, natural bristle-brush. To perk up throughout the day, dust on cheeks or all over complexion." I can see why this product gets so many raves. This shows up well on my fair skin, and even for beginners, its okay even if applied on with a heavy hand. Actually most of the time, I tend to overapply but it still looks natural. It also lasts very long too. I applied this on at 11.30 am for work and after a long day and a dinner with friends, its still looks decent 12 hours later. I haven't actually tried the brush that comes in the box as I use my own brush. Even though its pricey, especially after the product became smaller, its one of the very few blushes that highlights my cheekbones well with a pretty baby pink colour. I can normally see the difference in my blushes after application. I read that there were complaints about the shimmers in this blush, but I actually liked it. I had this for about 2 years and even when using it every other day, it still has 40% of product left. I will recommend this blush to all fair-skinned ladies, as this will not show up on dark complexions. I will repurchase this if I run out :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

I find this color beautiful on my pale skin, however, I think the price is completely ridiculous. I got it in a box set with Dallas and Hoola which made for a better value, but I would never spend $28 on a single blush. The color is great, but I also feel that it's nothing special enough to justify that price. I'm sure you can find a similar blush for much less elsewhere. It's a beautiful light pink blush with a slight sheen. It makes my skin really glowy and natural. It's literally impossible to overdo it with this blush, because it looks so natural! That said, I will enjoy it while I have it, but I won't be repurchasing. It comes with quite a bit of product. I've had mine for about 2 years and there is no sign of getting near the pan even though I use it about once a week at least.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by yuigi

This pale pink is a beautiful colour, although a light hand is needed when applying. If too much it looks like barbie.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by callire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blush. I am extremely pale, like paper-white pale in the winter and this shade brings me back to life! I love it because it literally goes with any look and just enhances my natural skin. Secondly, I love it because I can apply it half asleep and it still looks good!

My 1st dandelion lasted me about 2.5 years and I just swapped for my second! It's a staple in my makeup collection.

Cons:

I would give this product 4.5 stars if I could, but since I can't, my only main complaints with this blush are the price and packaging. $28 for a blush is pretty expensive, especially since there are so many more cost-effective alternatives out there. It's not so high quality and amazing that I readily shell out the dough. Since it's just the perfect shade for me, so I just scowl in the checkout line.

Secondly, the packaging, while pretty, isn't made for the long haul. My box got crushed, beat up, and destroyed until only the pan remained. Considering how much product there is (2.5 yrs worth), the box WILL NOT last that long with my normal usage and traveling.