April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a big fan of this product. On my skin tone (currently roughly NW20), Dandelion shows up as a glowy, delicate pink. I don't have the same trouble as others have in terms of this colour not showing up - I find it to be relatively pigmented but also beautifully subtle. It's also very buildable, in my experience. I don't usually go for dramatic blushes, anyway, so this is the ideal colour for me. I don't bother with the included brush, but use an angled blush brush to apply. I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out at all, which is great (my skin is temperamental and easily agitated!). I don't find it to be chalky, and it blends very naturally. The light smell is precious, too! Finally, my little box has lasted me well over a year now, with no sign of hitting pan soon.

The packaging is adorable but, of course, it doesn't travel well. MAC pinch 'o peach is quite similar, in my opinion, so that's my travel blush - Dandelion is my sit-there-and-look-pretty blush. ;)

I would happily repurchase this product and will eventually have to do so, as it's my every day cheek colour. Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by kohud

I was really disappointed with this product, I had seen it at the counter various times but never tried it. I went to a make up party and decided to purchase it there. Admittedly I was drawn in by the packaging, I love all of BeneFits packaging; its young and vibrant and really fits the style of the brand. However, when I got home and tried it, it didn't show up on my skin. I was initially hopeful about this product as my skin is very fair and I thought I could maybe use it as a light blush or to illuminate my skin, however, it just sat on top of my skin and didn't look natural at all. It didn't give me a 'dewy' look or brighten up my complexion it just looked like I'd thrown it on my skin.
If you are not sure what it will look like on your type of skin, make sure you try before you buy..but I definately won't be buying Dandelion again. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Necromancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful colour to my cheeks and highlight to my face.

Definitely a favourite if it didn't broke me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kaaatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I was really disappointed with Dandelion, which I had heard lots of positive things about, and received as a gift. First of all I'm not a huge fan of the card box packaging and the little square brush they give you... the box has travelled in my makeup bag and now looks battered. A snap-shut plastic case would be so much better, but I know Benefit put all their effort into the packaging so... I also don't see much point in the flat, square brush that comes with it.

The blush itself looks very pretty in the pan - a girly pink. However as soon as my put my finger in there to try it, it looks pale and chalky on my skin. Applying it is even worse - I just can't get it to show up on my NC20 skin! This seems odd as I'm relatively fair... But it takes a few forceful attempts to get my brush to pick up colour, and to get it to show up on my cheeks. When it does, it's lighter than in the pan and looks chalky. I don't understand all the positive reviews this blush gets - maybe there's a variation in quality in the individual blushes, or possibly the blush works better to give a 'lift' to darker skins and shows up on really pale skin...? Either way, it does nothing for my medium-fair, warm-toned skin.

The best way I have found for using it (kind of forcing myself to, so it's not wasted) is sweeping it all over the cheek area with a big powder brush to give myself a 'fresh' look. I'm laughing at myself writing this, I tried really hard to make it work and really it makes a marginal difference... this product is pretty much useless to me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jesstorious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very pretty, natural color. Long lasting. The package is really cute & looks good on my make up table. Lasts forever, I've had mine for 3 years.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:11:00 AM More reviews by pembrokebabe123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a new blusher for my makeup bag and saw that this blusher had been highly recommended.I have quite a light skin tone so when i use this is does stand out,however this blusher is long lasting and doesnt fade during the day.The pacakeing is very inconvinient and take up alot of uneeded space in my makeup bag.This product came up to strong for me and the packaging was unessecarry so i would have to rate this product low.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by hazyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC 25 and this is my HG pink blush. it's a ballerina pink with gold sheen. I initially thought it would be too light on me or too cool but I was wrong, because it gave me such a beautiful, glowy pink flush, and the color is just perfect. I think the gold sheen gave it warmth to make it suitable for my Asian skintone. I can pair it with a variety of lip colors and it would show up pink or even a bit peachy on me. I do a couple of swipes though but it's not an issue because the color is sheer, buildable and impossible to overdo. Also, with 10g of product it's still gonna last me a while! I'm so glad Benefit is not discontinuing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by daisymango123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Dandelion is expensive, as far as blushes go.. but it lasts a long time! The packaging is cute, but takes up a bit of room in my cosmetics bag. Dandelion is light, but gives my fair skin a nice glow. If I feel like I need a little more colour, I usually add another blush on top, such as Nars Orgasm, but Dandelion is great for when you feel like a fresh-faced look, but your skin needs a little more oomph! :) I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My go to, fool proof, hands down favorite blush! I'm so pale that I look dead without blush, but it's also super hard to find a blush that doesn't look artificial or clowny. This blush is so sheer, I can put it on without a mirror if I have to. The price is ridiculous and the package is of course annoying, not to mention the useless "brush" that it comes with, but the color is so good that I'm willing to overlook those things and still give it 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by kpxbabii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally love Benefit products, but this one is just "ehh" to me. I have a neutral undertone and a medium skin tone (on a scale of 1-10, probably a 4), but this product does not show up on me. I don't understand how it is marketed as a blush, it has very little pigmentation. That being said, I do like the smell of it and wish I could've made this product work.