January 30, 2015 | 969 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2006 6:50:00 AM More reviews by gleam

Every time I use this someone compliments me on how good I smell. Some guy even told me I smell irresistible lol. This seems to match well with my body chemistry. It isn't as moisturizing as the Cocoa Butter (which I love as well), but great to use during warmer months. UPDATE 02/28/2007: Is it just me or did they reformulate this? I bought a new tub yesterday and the consistency is different. The butter is harder and less moist. Also, I can barely smell any coconut now, it used to be so yummy and noticeable. Why oh why do they always have to do this with their best products (TBS Vanilla perfume oil anyone?) It still moisturizes very well but the wonderful scent is what made this special to me. Now it's barely there. Now I'm not sure I will buy this again since it's so expensive. So disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2006 9:35:00 PM More reviews by xx13

I have two of these. One lives next to my bed, the other in the living room next to the couch. I reach for it almost every time I sit down. I love, love, love putting it on my feet after showering. Iím not a coconut fan, but I think it smells the best out of the scents they have for their body butter (my mom has the grape seed and I think it smells nasty). I wish they made a vanilla! I could probably find something that works better but it gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lilliebet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ooh Lala! REAL coconut scent with unbeatable moisture...actually think this is great for winter blues! It has the goods to get your skin through the dry, cold months, and the evocative uplifting scent is 100% blue skies and sunny weather!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 7:18:00 AM More reviews by stripteased

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

love it. moisturizes without being greasy. smells wonderful. best moisturizer ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love what this body butter does for my skin. I have dreadfully dry skin and I can't believe how well this butter traps moisture and lasts at least 24 hours. It is the only cream that soothes the itch and burn of eczema on my hands AND, it heals it. It's my favorite TBS body butter of all time. The fragrance is delicious without being sweet and I always receive compliments about my soft skin and how great I smell! Creams in tubs are not "unhygienic", using them without washing your hands first, is unhygienic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

This is one of my all time fave body butters. Love the way it glides on my skin before going to bed. It makes my skin so silky smooth... I love the scent. My DH uses it now, even more often then I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite body butter for the winter! Whenever I get the winter blues, I pair this up with a beachy spray and I feel like I'm at a beach resort in Cancun. All I need is a pina colada and a magazine. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

mmm I love this! The smell.. its so good! its a very 'true' coconut, which is unlike a lot of products I have used in the past. Also the formula really is like a butter, unlike some of the others that are just thick creams. It sinks in well and leaves my skin silky, and its great that you actualy SMELL of coconut after application, it doesn't just disappear. It is quite expensive but you do get a reasonably large tub, the ingredients are fairtrade and they don't test on animals. Mind you, £12 is still pretty crazy pricing to me. However, I love this product, I will definatley repurchase! After using this, this is now a HG for me- my skin is sooo soft, and it goes with the other products in my coconut obsession! If you are a coconut freak like me, then you will love this. Oh yeah, I meant to say- the moisturizing properties! They are really good. My skin is crazily dry and tight, and this stuff is like miracle cream. YUM!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by sistahmaryisis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells soooo good and moisturizes soooo well. I don't particularly like the price, but I do love, love, love how it makes my skin feel (soft and smooth). I usually use this right after I jump out of the shower and dry off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like the price, but omigosh I have to buy this item. I received a couple of packets as throw-ins from swappers. I decided to bring 1 while visiting my boyfriend's family recently. I remember trying it after my shower, and I thought it wasn't very nice (not horrid but not my idea of yummy), but then my boyfriend and his sister both asked "What is that smell? Something smells so good! Omigosh Kami(me) what are you wearing?" and they were talking about the coconut butter from The Body Shop I was wearing. I have to admit I am a sucker for compliments, namely using products that get a lot of positive attention. I tried it again, and I realized it does smell pretty good, but no question the response definitely helps. I cannot wait to try the Cocoa Butter version, but my luck, it won't be as popular with everyone's noses as this one.
By the way, the moisturizing is nice, left my skin very soft, not a miracle, but a decent moisturizer. It isn't greasy at all in my opinion, rather light.