July 25, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by odonnelllauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite body butter of the whooollle collection. It moisturises for an extremely long time (over 6 hrs) and really feels like butter. The packaging is nice as well. It comes in a discrete little thin, shallow, circular tub so you can see exactly how much you've used. It is not expensive either.. The Body Shop body butters are the best body butters on the market, and they use fair trade ingredients, which is always good to know. I love it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2006 2:02:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

I love the tropical scent of this body butter! I'm recently obsessed with all things coconut-scented (especially my new Paul Mitchell mousse.. *best* coconut scent ever!).. so I have been using a sample that a lovely SA from TBS gave me. I use it on my feet because it is too humid to warrant using a body butter anywhere else, and I *love* the soft scent it leaves. I can't wait to use this on my legs, elbows, and hands in the winter! The consistency is quite thick, but creamy too. It melts into the skin nicely and leaves a glowing sheen. Yes, it is oily, but it's great for dry heels from wearing sandals during the summer, and I'm sure the rest of my body will love it in the winter, too!
UPDATE 1/24/07: Since moving from CA to AZ, I can use this all over and it keeps my skin moisturized nicely in this dry weather. Plus, the scent seems to get me some good compliments. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

summed up in one word: divine! there are some coconut scents that are too perfumey, but this smells genuine, not fake smelling at all. its a heavy cream, but you dont need a lot, and it soaks in better than any body butter Ive used. Right now there is a sale at the body shop (buy one get one half off), so I think I got a good deal. Ive used sephora products that werent this good and cost double this. I'll surely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by CloudsInMyCoffee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this product! Every year I ponder buying it, but they've never had a small size, and I don't like letting so much product sit since I don't use it up that fast.

Anyway, this has an amazing moisturizing texture, without leaving me too greasy, and smells deliciously like TRUE coconut! I love taking a shower after swimming or a day at the beach and slathering this on before bed. The smell is so relaxing and amazing, and my skin is left so soft! I know the nut body butter is raved about, but this is definitely my favorite, I think it will become a staple for me, especially in the summer!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by yumi_nono

This body butter is definitely not for everyone.

I have dry skin on my legs, and this butter moisturizes very well. I don't find body shop's other products very satisfying, but I would rebuy their body butters over and over again.

If you love this tropics and coconut, then this body butter is ultra-yummy smelling! It melts into your skin, and gives it a nice shine and glow. If your skin is not dry, then this butter might be too oily for you, but I live in Canada, so this works great!

The packaging can be alittle unhygenic, but its very thick, so I guess they wouldn't be able to make this in a pump form.

The price is not too bad if you get it on the Two for $30 promos, and it lasts a long time ( about half a year for me). I don't like to use any other moisturizers except this one, and my bf loves how I smell after I slather this on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 4:42:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

This is even worse than the grapeseed body butter.. on top of that it smells worse! So oily.... gosh....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by DillyDilly

I love this stuff! I never used Body Butters until a couple of years ago and they have really transformed my skin. I love the Coconut smell, it warms up on my skin and has become a signature scent of mine. A little goes a loooong way - use too much and you will feel like a greaseball. After three weeks I noticed a marked difference in my elbows and other rough places. One tub should last several weeks if you apply the right amount, so the price is pretty great as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Shavwi

I LOVE this coconut scented body butter. It is super moisturizing and smells amazing - it has become my signature scent I love it so much. It is a little greasy at first, but that soon goes away and it moisturizes very well. I ahve purchased again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by i_like_exfoliants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love TBS body butters. I have yet to find another product that moisturizes as well, and leaves my skin feeling as soft/smooth... and they all smell delicious. Coconut is my favorite because I love the scent, but the mango and nut are also great. I usually buy 2 tubs every year, and I use it every day... after showers, on my feet at night, etc. And when I don't use it (either because I'm lazy or don't have it with me) I miss it. Definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by nicole88s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy cow, this stuff is AWESOME!! This is the most moistuizing lotion/cream I have ever used. My skin feels like silk after I use this. It comes in a good size tub and is a thick, yellowish cream. Someone else said this has a "yoghurty coconut smell" and I agree with that. Not the BEST coconut smell, but definitely not synthetic. I use this at night on my feet and it keeps them soft and callus free. When I use this on my arms and legs after a shower they keep a pretty sheen all day. LOVE this stuff and will continue to repurchase. It is a little expensive, but you don't need to use that much to get amazing moisture.