April 19, 2014 | 1756 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by yumi_nono

This body butter is definitely not for everyone.

I have dry skin on my legs, and this butter moisturizes very well. I don't find body shop's other products very satisfying, but I would rebuy their body butters over and over again.

If you love this tropics and coconut, then this body butter is ultra-yummy smelling! It melts into your skin, and gives it a nice shine and glow. If your skin is not dry, then this butter might be too oily for you, but I live in Canada, so this works great!

The packaging can be alittle unhygenic, but its very thick, so I guess they wouldn't be able to make this in a pump form.

The price is not too bad if you get it on the Two for $30 promos, and it lasts a long time ( about half a year for me). I don't like to use any other moisturizers except this one, and my bf loves how I smell after I slather this on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 4:42:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

This is even worse than the grapeseed body butter.. on top of that it smells worse! So oily.... gosh....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by DillyDilly

I love this stuff! I never used Body Butters until a couple of years ago and they have really transformed my skin. I love the Coconut smell, it warms up on my skin and has become a signature scent of mine. A little goes a loooong way - use too much and you will feel like a greaseball. After three weeks I noticed a marked difference in my elbows and other rough places. One tub should last several weeks if you apply the right amount, so the price is pretty great as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Shavwi

I LOVE this coconut scented body butter. It is super moisturizing and smells amazing - it has become my signature scent I love it so much. It is a little greasy at first, but that soon goes away and it moisturizes very well. I ahve purchased again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by i_like_exfoliants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love TBS body butters. I have yet to find another product that moisturizes as well, and leaves my skin feeling as soft/smooth... and they all smell delicious. Coconut is my favorite because I love the scent, but the mango and nut are also great. I usually buy 2 tubs every year, and I use it every day... after showers, on my feet at night, etc. And when I don't use it (either because I'm lazy or don't have it with me) I miss it. Definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by nicole88s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy cow, this stuff is AWESOME!! This is the most moistuizing lotion/cream I have ever used. My skin feels like silk after I use this. It comes in a good size tub and is a thick, yellowish cream. Someone else said this has a "yoghurty coconut smell" and I agree with that. Not the BEST coconut smell, but definitely not synthetic. I use this at night on my feet and it keeps them soft and callus free. When I use this on my arms and legs after a shower they keep a pretty sheen all day. LOVE this stuff and will continue to repurchase. It is a little expensive, but you don't need to use that much to get amazing moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by joellarose

i bought the mini-tub of this yummy body butter today and it's wonderful,tropical and delicious smelling=perfect for the beach and it smells even better with TBS vanilla perfume oil! it's ULTRA MOISTURIZING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by bubblezzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first TBS Body Butter & I like it very much, smells nice like REAL Coconut & moisturizes REALLY well! I love to pair this up with my Asquith & Sommerset Foot Cream in Creamy Coconut, because together they make me smell sooo good. Wonderful Warm weather scent, however I like wearing it in the winter too because it reminds me of summer !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 9:46:00 PM More reviews by priya2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a more affordable version of lancome body cream which made my skin glow, but was way too expensive and did not last long. Anyways back to coconut BB, I think everyone smells it differently (Depends if you are smoker etc.). I was brought up on a tropical island and I can confirm that this is a yoghurty coconut smell. This is the one and only moisturiser aside from the lancome one that makes my skin GLOW! I am naturally tan and I feel like a golden-bronze goddess with this product. The yogurty-coconut smell in it makes feel, and I hope I am not forward here, like a sex goddess (my fiancee loves the smell). It definitely does not smell like cheap tan lotion or whatever.
Once again, this is my opinion.
My big complaint is definitely the packaging. I tend to have sweaty hands and it gets very hard to open the tub and I always have to scrape off some of the body butter from my long fingernails. But at least, you get everything out of the tub, I do wish they would come with a tub-pump combo, for the best of both worlds! The price is a tad high but compared to Lancome and for the performance I get, it is more than worth it and I always get the once-a-year two for $15 cdn each.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by LadyInsane

I'm a sucker for the smell of coconuts, so this is more of a product I continually pick up and sniff as opposed to actually using it. I love the scent, but the moisturiser is too heavy for me; I can't even use a tiny dab.