November 26, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love what this body butter does for my skin. I have dreadfully dry skin and I can't believe how well this butter traps moisture and lasts at least 24 hours. It is the only cream that soothes the itch and burn of eczema on my hands AND, it heals it. It's my favorite TBS body butter of all time. The fragrance is delicious without being sweet and I always receive compliments about my soft skin and how great I smell! Creams in tubs are not "unhygienic", using them without washing your hands first, is unhygienic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

This is one of my all time fave body butters. Love the way it glides on my skin before going to bed. It makes my skin so silky smooth... I love the scent. My DH uses it now, even more often then I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite body butter for the winter! Whenever I get the winter blues, I pair this up with a beachy spray and I feel like I'm at a beach resort in Cancun. All I need is a pina colada and a magazine. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

mmm I love this! The smell.. its so good! its a very 'true' coconut, which is unlike a lot of products I have used in the past. Also the formula really is like a butter, unlike some of the others that are just thick creams. It sinks in well and leaves my skin silky, and its great that you actualy SMELL of coconut after application, it doesn't just disappear. It is quite expensive but you do get a reasonably large tub, the ingredients are fairtrade and they don't test on animals. Mind you, 12 is still pretty crazy pricing to me. However, I love this product, I will definatley repurchase! After using this, this is now a HG for me- my skin is sooo soft, and it goes with the other products in my coconut obsession! If you are a coconut freak like me, then you will love this. Oh yeah, I meant to say- the moisturizing properties! They are really good. My skin is crazily dry and tight, and this stuff is like miracle cream. YUM!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by sistahmaryisis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells soooo good and moisturizes soooo well. I don't particularly like the price, but I do love, love, love how it makes my skin feel (soft and smooth). I usually use this right after I jump out of the shower and dry off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like the price, but omigosh I have to buy this item. I received a couple of packets as throw-ins from swappers. I decided to bring 1 while visiting my boyfriend's family recently. I remember trying it after my shower, and I thought it wasn't very nice (not horrid but not my idea of yummy), but then my boyfriend and his sister both asked "What is that smell? Something smells so good! Omigosh Kami(me) what are you wearing?" and they were talking about the coconut butter from The Body Shop I was wearing. I have to admit I am a sucker for compliments, namely using products that get a lot of positive attention. I tried it again, and I realized it does smell pretty good, but no question the response definitely helps. I cannot wait to try the Cocoa Butter version, but my luck, it won't be as popular with everyone's noses as this one.
By the way, the moisturizing is nice, left my skin very soft, not a miracle, but a decent moisturizer. It isn't greasy at all in my opinion, rather light.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by odonnelllauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite body butter of the whooollle collection. It moisturises for an extremely long time (over 6 hrs) and really feels like butter. The packaging is nice as well. It comes in a discrete little thin, shallow, circular tub so you can see exactly how much you've used. It is not expensive either.. The Body Shop body butters are the best body butters on the market, and they use fair trade ingredients, which is always good to know. I love it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2006 2:02:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

I love the tropical scent of this body butter! I'm recently obsessed with all things coconut-scented (especially my new Paul Mitchell mousse.. *best* coconut scent ever!).. so I have been using a sample that a lovely SA from TBS gave me. I use it on my feet because it is too humid to warrant using a body butter anywhere else, and I *love* the soft scent it leaves. I can't wait to use this on my legs, elbows, and hands in the winter! The consistency is quite thick, but creamy too. It melts into the skin nicely and leaves a glowing sheen. Yes, it is oily, but it's great for dry heels from wearing sandals during the summer, and I'm sure the rest of my body will love it in the winter, too!
UPDATE 1/24/07: Since moving from CA to AZ, I can use this all over and it keeps my skin moisturized nicely in this dry weather. Plus, the scent seems to get me some good compliments. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

summed up in one word: divine! there are some coconut scents that are too perfumey, but this smells genuine, not fake smelling at all. its a heavy cream, but you dont need a lot, and it soaks in better than any body butter Ive used. Right now there is a sale at the body shop (buy one get one half off), so I think I got a good deal. Ive used sephora products that werent this good and cost double this. I'll surely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by CloudsInMyCoffee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this product! Every year I ponder buying it, but they've never had a small size, and I don't like letting so much product sit since I don't use it up that fast.

Anyway, this has an amazing moisturizing texture, without leaving me too greasy, and smells deliciously like TRUE coconut! I love taking a shower after swimming or a day at the beach and slathering this on before bed. The smell is so relaxing and amazing, and my skin is left so soft! I know the nut body butter is raved about, but this is definitely my favorite, I think it will become a staple for me, especially in the summer!!!