The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

on 1/3/2007 11:38:00 PM

I've used TBS Coconut cream before there was Body Butter and I still adore the smell and the way it makes my skin so insanely soft. A little bit goes a long way. Some people might feel that the price ($17) is a bit much for body moisturizer, but it lasts so long that it's really a bargain!

EDIT:
Well after using my butter for a little while I'm realizing that it doesn't smell as good on me as in the tub...I tried a friend's as well to make sure it wasn't just mine and sadly coconut and I are not to be...I gave it away...

on 1/1/2007 7:21:00 AM

god.. can't get that enough... after i bought this i shower 3 times a day... use this just to make sure the scent doesn't fade...

on 12/28/2006 7:18:00 PM

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter-I just got this for Christmas, in a gift set, along with the Coconut Body Scrub, Coconut shower cream, exfoliating gloves (white) and Coconut soap.

I am normally not a coconut kind of person, but the smell is actually light on me and smells a little bit sweet but also makes me think of a nice warm summer day. I don't LOVE the smell, but I do like it.

I was not expecting much from this product, mainly because most TBS products don't do much for me, but this was amazing! My skin drank this up and was silky smooth all day and into the night. I had very dry skin, scaly on the back of my arms and elbows and it just seems to be moisturized and soft and touchable now. I have tried MANY products and all have failed what this product did! I am in total shock and will be changing body butters ASAP. If they ever stop making this stuff I will cry!

The price is a bit much, but A LITTLE goes A LONG way. I will definitely purchase this on my own!

on 12/28/2006 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have repurchased this body butter many times and it among my favorite of the TBS butters. It has a lovely clean coconut scent with a hint of sweetness (but not cloying) that is nice and subtle and compatible with many fragrances. It moisturizes beautifully; my skin just drinks it up. I can't say enough good things about this. I hope they never stop making this scent.

on 12/23/2006 11:43:00 PM

I'd like to fill up a swimming pool with this and live in it.
It's an addiction. If you like the smell of coconut then buy it and you will be happy.

on 12/23/2006 6:50:00 AM

Every time I use this someone compliments me on how good I smell. Some guy even told me I smell irresistible lol. This seems to match well with my body chemistry. It isn't as moisturizing as the Cocoa Butter (which I love as well), but great to use during warmer months. UPDATE 02/28/2007: Is it just me or did they reformulate this? I bought a new tub yesterday and the consistency is different. The butter is harder and less moist. Also, I can barely smell any coconut now, it used to be so yummy and noticeable. Why oh why do they always have to do this with their best products (TBS Vanilla perfume oil anyone?) It still moisturizes very well but the wonderful scent is what made this special to me. Now it's barely there. Now I'm not sure I will buy this again since it's so expensive. So disappointed!

on 12/20/2006 9:35:00 PM

I have two of these. One lives next to my bed, the other in the living room next to the couch. I reach for it almost every time I sit down. I love, love, love putting it on my feet after showering. Iím not a coconut fan, but I think it smells the best out of the scents they have for their body butter (my mom has the grape seed and I think it smells nasty). I wish they made a vanilla! I could probably find something that works better but it gets the job done.

on 12/9/2006 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ooh Lala! REAL coconut scent with unbeatable moisture...actually think this is great for winter blues! It has the goods to get your skin through the dry, cold months, and the evocative uplifting scent is 100% blue skies and sunny weather!

on 12/6/2006 7:18:00 AM

love it. moisturizes without being greasy. smells wonderful. best moisturizer ever.

on 11/25/2006 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love what this body butter does for my skin. I have dreadfully dry skin and I can't believe how well this butter traps moisture and lasts at least 24 hours. It is the only cream that soothes the itch and burn of eczema on my hands AND, it heals it. It's my favorite TBS body butter of all time. The fragrance is delicious without being sweet and I always receive compliments about my soft skin and how great I smell! Creams in tubs are not "unhygienic", using them without washing your hands first, is unhygienic.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products