MAC Frost - Angel

on 1/29/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite lipstick. It is long wearing and a beautiful color. By the way this is also Kim Kardashian's favorite MAC lipstick and she often uses it to create that signature pale pink lip of hers... she applies Nars turkish delight over it. I, however really like Sephora lip gloss in baby pink which I layer over it. It is a cheaper dupe for Turkish Delight it has the same texture and is one of the longer-wearing of the lip glosses that I own. So, needless to say if you are trying to copy that Kimmy K, smoky eye, pink lip thing then you need Angel.

on 1/29/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This lipstick fulfils all the (high) expectations I had for it! But from looking at the photos above seems it's a lipstick whose colour depends a lot on the natural colour of your lips. I have dark purple lips (yes I always look like I'm freezing to death!) and on me Angel looks like the photo of the bright pink smooth smiling lips in the photo with the signature. It can't quite cancel out all that natural purple lol! It's so versatile, you can wear it for a casual look, with neutral eyes or strong eyes, it looks polished for work and it's also fun to go out with friends. Because I have sort of tanned skin and dark purple lips I'd never tried the nude, neutral look before, thinking I wouldn't be able to pull it off. But with Angel I can do that look too.

on 1/26/2011 4:12:00 PM

I suppose I'm alone in this but I don't get the hype over mac products. They have disappointed me every single time, and this lipstick was no exception. Ok, there are a lot of drying lipsticks out there, but when you're buying something that is supposed to be high end it is REALLY frustrating to me. The quality is awful. Drying, chalky...
Also, the color isn't very flattering on me, but that I could live with. What I can't live with is calling MAC a high end brand and paying high end prices for it when every single product seems to be such low quality when compared with other (really) high end brands. It's a shame though, I wanted to like it.

on 1/25/2011 11:45:00 AM

HG lipstick, its the only thing i wear on my face, day to day.. looks beautiful however my sister has brown hair and pale skin and it made her look very pale wahaha but i love it :)

on 1/23/2011 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have never bought Angel but I have tried it out on the back of my hand and on my lips. It's a very sheer light pink that doesn't leave any whitish, ashy cast on you, strangely enough. And even though MAC says Angel's a Frost, I can barely see frost or shimmer in it at all. I mean where?

Because Angel's so sheer and light, it should suit a plethora of skin tones, or so I think. It looks, pale, intimidating, and extra-'Mod' in the tube but it isn't at all on the skin or the mouth. If I did have it, I'd wear it with Cork or Hodgepodge lip pencil by MAC. I'm an NC45.

on 1/19/2011 12:20:00 PM

I was so excited when I bought this because it looks amazing on almost everyone I see it on. It looks okay on me...it looks slightly light purple on me though. I was looking for a nudish pink/natural color, this looks more "mod" on me. Gorgeous in the tube and on everyone else though! Try it before you buy it :)

on 1/13/2011 4:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Angel is a very wearable shade of pink and I interchange between this and Estee Lauder's Crystal Baby to complete my everyday look. As its a neutral pink, it goes well with almost all of my make up - be it cool- or warm-toned, so I can slap it on without much thought. have paired this with MAC's Floralbundance lipgloss and/or a skin-toned lipliner for a paler look. On occasion, I find it a little unforgiving if I have particularly chapped lips. It also doesn't wear off as nicely as I hope. That's why I'm giving this a 4 instead of 5 rating.

on 1/11/2011 9:22:00 PM

I love this lipstick! It is the perfect shade for my yellowish, fair skin. It is a great everyday color. A beautiful shade of pink. If you have fair skin you have to try this out! It looks very nice with Babysparks Dazzleglass.

on 1/10/2011 6:57:00 AM

Wish I loved this. I really do. But it just doesn't suit me. I'm not going to give the product a 1/5 because it is a lovely colour lipstick - just not on me! I have friends that it looks great on, but the shade of pink mixed with the frosty sheen just doesn't look good with my colouring.
For reference, I am NC20, medium to dark hair, green eyes. Such a shame, I'll be giving this one to a friend.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this colour, I bought it after watching people on you tube rave about how great and versatile it is. At first I thought it was going to be a bit too pale for my liking as some pictures show and soft pinks look disastrous with my pale skin but on me it came out as a really beautiful mid-toned pink and I love how it looks! It lasts for a few hours and even if I'm drinking through a straw it still manages to stay on nicely. This is my favourite lipstick, I will always re-purchase until it either gets discontinued or I come across something nicer. In all, this is the best lipstick ever.

Recommended for Medium Skin