Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 5/16/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this product!! My friend gave me one because she had one extra and I love it! It is so fresh to spray on my face, very good at summer! I use it as a toner and to set my make up. I spray it before I put my foundation and after finishing the entire make up, and my make up lasts very long! It lasts much longer than without spraying it. And when I finish washing my face with cleanser, I also like to spray it on my face as a toner to moisturize.

on 4/26/2011 6:54:00 AM

I got this as a sample, and thought - water, in a can? what is that going to do for me? And although it doesnt change my skin, it definitely helps my redness and irritation. i use it on just red irritated spots when they DO come up on my face, and lately ive had some problems with skin on my body and everything is irritating me, but ive been spraying the Avene and i get instant calming releif (which water doesnt give me) SO, its obviously doing something! Its SO expensive here in Australia though!

on 4/19/2011 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was an impulse buy. I live in a humid climate, so the idea of using this was appealing. It's not cheap, but I wouldn't say it was expensive either.
This was worth every penny though. I love the fresh feelings it gives me. I spray this onto my face whenever I feel like my skin is dehydrated. And it has become my skincare routine to spray this onto my face after cleansing and toning. I spray this to my face and then apply moisturizer while the face is still damp. It feels wonderful, and the skin is really moisturized.
I do want to try other brands such as Vichy and especially La Roche Posay as I am big fan of LRP. But right now I am loving this.

on 4/13/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I moved to Canada, in the middle of the -20ºC winter, my imperfections-prone skin got very dehydrated. That's when I both an Avéne cream for dry skin and the store had a promotion so they gave me a full kit, including a small box of thermal water.
I've never tried thermal water before, although I heard about it. It calmed down my redness and my sensitive cheeks. Also makes my complexion brighter (maybe because it decreases redness) and more luminous.
It's doesn't make a huge difference, but I would say it is a very nice extra to my skincare routine. Now that the sample bottle is almost done I'm thinking of buying the big one.

on 4/5/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Spraying mineral water on one's face is a beauty ritual for European ladies. Aside from that, I loved this particular water.

It's a very light and fresh product - I do realize it's "just water" but it's thermal water and it doesn't smell funny (like so many others do) and it's really very soothing and refreshing for dry and sensitive skins.

Particularly, I find it to be just perfect for when your skin is red and irritated but it's too hot to put on a soothing cream.

It's part of my beauty essentials :)

on 3/27/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Its water. In a can. I could pretty much leave my review at that for all the good this product did me. I tried it for 2 months and I saw NO difference whatsoever in my skin. I could have got the same effect by just shooting the shower head at my face or simply washing my face. I'm sorry I think this product is a huge rip off :(

on 3/20/2011 1:23:00 AM

I can't believe how this leaves my skin so soft and healthy looking. After I wash my face I spritz this on and let it dry then moisturize as usual. Very nice light scent too.

on 3/19/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

high recommend to sensitive skin and who will feel uncomfortable as well such guys easily to break out. It made me skin so stable and comfortable. I often used it as a hydrating mask when I at home or take out as a emergency product when my skin tells me I need to use this stuff,lol. It is so natural and must be suitable to everyone!

Honestly, I don't know if this is better than any other mineral water because I've never bought a spray water before; I thought it was total nonsense. If I want to use water on my face, I'd go and have a shower.

That's what I used to think anyway. Now this Avene spray is becoming pretty much indispensable. I've taken to spraying it heavily on my face when I get home from work, because the first time I did it I couldn't believe it; I sprayed it on, rubbed it in, wiped it off with a white tissue, looked at the tissue and nearly fainted. I don't wear makeup to work, on a day to day basis, and yet the tissue was coming off filthy: dirt and dust from the day that was just hanging out on my face, waiting to give me acne. So now I'm religious about it; it's the first thing I do when I get home. it means I don't have to wash my face three times a day too, which helps my skin.

does it work better than normal water? no idea. all i know is avene feels nice, it seems to remove dirt and grease, it leaves my skin soft and calm and it feels good. expensive, yes, but i'll pay for all of those things. :)

definitely encorporated into my cleaning routine. (I have the teeny bottle, but my best friend carries around the full on massive one in her handbag. that's how much she likes it.)

on 3/6/2011 10:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was one of those people who never understood how these "pschitt" waters were supposed to be used, or if they did any good. I decided to tackle the issue, and started to incorporate it into my routine when I found "designer" Evian sprays on sale for a euro.
It didn't seem to do much, and on impulse, after trying and liking Eluage cream, to buy a mini Avene thermal water spray. And that's when I saw the difference.
I didn't actually realize that my skin was so sensitive, until I started using products (like Avene) that calmed it down. I've always had imperfection-prone skin- always have a pimple or two, if not more, and they take forever to heal (if I fiddle with them, forget it) and they leave scars that take years to fade. If they ever do. As I'm now over 40, I'm starting to get wrinkles, and I live in a place where the winter is harsh and for the first time, my skin is dehydrated.

I remove my makeup with micellaire water first, and you're supposed to not leave it on your face (even though it always says "don't rinse" on the bottle). And regular tap water is often too harsh (and it definitely is where I live, extremely hard water- when I first moved here my hair and skin went haywire) so you're supposed to use this to re-balance your skin/ph level, and all that, after any product/face washing. And Avene thermal spray really REALLY makes a difference on my skin. I go from splotchy, with any imperfections feeling and looking worse, to having a clear face in just a few minutes, it's absolutely amazing! I mean, I never thought it was possible, first of all, and it's so ridiculously basic.
Method: (mine, anyway, and what I've been told by "experts" (French women with perfect skin :)) You need to spritz your whole face until your face is almost dripping. Then you DON'T TOUCH IT. Just let it sit there and sink in and dry. Then proceed to do whatever you normally do- in my case, serum, moisturizer, makeup.

This gives my face a smooth, clear, poreless tautness that is just wonderful for starting skin care and makeup routines. It's really like blank canvas rather than damage control!

Sometimes, after finishing my makeup I will do the lightest pschitt to "naturalize" my face, if I feel that maybe it's just a bit too stiff, which happens if I'm cold or tired or I've used too heavy a hand for some reason. For this I find it's best to hold it the can a distance from your face, press just for a nano-second, and walk into the light mist for the best result, and just once is fine. (Too much or too heavy or too direct a mist and it can spot or wash your makeup.)

I'll use it on my eyes first thing in the morning, too, it's extremely refreshing, and cleans and clears the whole area.

It's also the first thing I reach for in my locker after a work out, and especially after the sauna.
It has really saved my skin. I don't know if other waters work as well- I've only tried Evian, and I don't get the impression it's AS good- and Avene is cheaper than Roche Posay (in the class of thermal waters) so I've had no reason to switch for the moment.
This was the missing link, and now that I've found it, everything works, so obviously will repurchase again and again :)

Popular Face Skincare Products