October 25, 2014 | 1630 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Frizzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The powder is great, it is very light, but works for me. I wish I could depot this into a prettier case, but hey, it's cheap and great :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LisaIsabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at 0,99$ CDN. What a joke for such a great product! It get rid of shine and oilyness for hours. It's the best thing since slice bread.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by curlyleo

This is fantastic stuff and extremely cheap! I use it to set foundation or sunscreen and concealer, and it blends into my PPP skin very well and controls oil for several hours. You will have to get a different puff or use a brush to apply it, but that's no big deal for me. The only thing I don't like about it is the very hideous packaging but I never take it around with me anyway. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2005 2:15:00 AM More reviews by dreamer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my winter skintone (c3/nc30), this "translucent" powder was extremely WHITE and does not blend out properly. I couldn't find a single method of using this w/o looking like i dusted baby powder on my nose. Would probably be very effective for PPPs and LLL's. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 1:24:00 PM More reviews by KarynBlaine310

I love this stuff! It is a very low price, very fine pressed powder that blends easily and works on my pale skin tone. . . .great for blotting oily noses and chins!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't let the shade fool you, this isn't translucent...it's WHITE. Even when I was a PPP, this stuff was too white. Very chalky. Even CG pressed powder is better than this. I threw it away the day after I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 2:04:00 PM More reviews by cherrypiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I usually don't post reviews unless I've found something that makes it into my HG catagory- so it surprised me when something that cost me under $2 would have such an impact on me. I have fair skin; and the tint of this translucent powder isn't orangey when applied like many other powders I've tried. It gives the matte look without the unnecessary color (since I've already found Revlon Colorstay makeup that works like a charm for me.) I love this powder- it's cheap and perfect. I can guaruntee NYC has found a lifetime customer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 10:36:00 PM More reviews by catalina23

I didn't find this product to be anything special. For one, the color is way off (I bought translucent). It is rather pink & chalky looking. Even if I had a good color though, I don't think I would repurchase. Just an average product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVED this product for about a week, it worked soooooo good, I have never seen my skin look so good before, it was like a make-up artist did my makeup,the coverage was unbelievable, but after a week i broke out sooo bad, as soon as I stopped using it the breakouts went away. I wanted to cry when I had to stop using it. :-( oh well!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2005 1:00:00 AM More reviews by stacylib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this powder because of the rave reviews on MUA. It did go on well on my PPP skin, but. . .

This did nothing for my oily skin. Ten minutes after putting it on I was shining again. And this didn't happen once, but several times. Worthless.

I guess this would be a good powder for dry or combo skin, but not oily skin.