April 20, 2014 | 909 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't let the shade fool you, this isn't translucent...it's WHITE. Even when I was a PPP, this stuff was too white. Very chalky. Even CG pressed powder is better than this. I threw it away the day after I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 2:04:00 PM More reviews by cherrypiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I usually don't post reviews unless I've found something that makes it into my HG catagory- so it surprised me when something that cost me under $2 would have such an impact on me. I have fair skin; and the tint of this translucent powder isn't orangey when applied like many other powders I've tried. It gives the matte look without the unnecessary color (since I've already found Revlon Colorstay makeup that works like a charm for me.) I love this powder- it's cheap and perfect. I can guaruntee NYC has found a lifetime customer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 10:36:00 PM More reviews by catalina23

I didn't find this product to be anything special. For one, the color is way off (I bought translucent). It is rather pink & chalky looking. Even if I had a good color though, I don't think I would repurchase. Just an average product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVED this product for about a week, it worked soooooo good, I have never seen my skin look so good before, it was like a make-up artist did my makeup,the coverage was unbelievable, but after a week i broke out sooo bad, as soon as I stopped using it the breakouts went away. I wanted to cry when I had to stop using it. :-( oh well!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2005 1:00:00 AM More reviews by stacylib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this powder because of the rave reviews on MUA. It did go on well on my PPP skin, but. . .

This did nothing for my oily skin. Ten minutes after putting it on I was shining again. And this didn't happen once, but several times. Worthless.

I guess this would be a good powder for dry or combo skin, but not oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2004 7:46:00 AM More reviews by hotpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVES IT!!! This stuff is Bonne Bells former No Shine powder (in the black compact) reinvented! I'm an NC35 and this definitely works for me. Even though it is light, it blends well. My skin is oily though and usually darkens any powder I use. This powder really mattifies and lasts a long time. I usually reapply after about 5 hours but my skin is very oily. The compact...yuck...but at least it's slim =)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 8:07:00 AM More reviews by pure_grace

After my CG powder that I used to powder my face with BROKE (the powder itself broke into little bits and pieces that are hard to carry around...makes dust go everywhere.), I finally decided to buy this. Translucent doesn't make me look like insanely porcelain, but blends into my skin naturally. Controls oil well too. I keep one in my jacket pocket to apply in class and for lip gloss. Packaging seems fragile, though, but it hasn't broke quite yet. :) Me like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 10:44:00 AM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice product, but flimsy packaging. The powder isn't chalky, doesn't make me break out, and looks completely natural against my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2004 2:04:00 PM More reviews by havanadaydreamin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a decent enough powder, especially for the price. I have found that it really is translucent and doesn't cake up on my skin. It does seem to soak up some oil, but all powders do at first. However, it made me break out horribly. I haven't had my face look like this since I was a teenager. So, I have trashed this. Too bad, b/c I liked just paying $2 for a powder instead of $17 for my MAC Blot!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 4:11:00 AM More reviews by honeybearkitty

This is a pretty good pressed powder if you can get past the hideous packaging. I'm almost embarrased to take it out of my purse in front of people. But if you can get past that, it is a nice powder. I will try the Jane pressed powder next. But if I don't like it as much I would definitely buy this again because it works to help me control shine throughout the day, and it is so cheap!