August 1, 2014 | 1643 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love how light this foundation is. My skin looks radiant and even toned. Walked on a plane the other day and the women in front of me turned to tell me how beautiful my skin was. Would have given it a 5 if it had spf20 in it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am the target consumer for this foundation, but after extensively sampling it I am left with the conclusion that Chanel has not hit the bullseye.

Vitalumiere foundation is intended to leave a dewy, moist finish, and on this point it delivers. It has a sheer (but somewhat buildable) coverage that was its first drawback: It did not cover minor skin imperfections (slight discoloration, uneveness of tone). I built up two layers of it and had to use more concealer than I normally would.

My second gripe was the sticky/tacky finish. I really felt as if I were wearing foundation--or something--on my face. My face looked damp/dewy and yet felt adhesive. My forehead felt both adhesive and greasy.

The third issue was lasting power. I had some suspicion that Vitalumiere had worn off after a couple of hours and I proved myself right by "washing" my face with water and a light-colored washcloth.
There was not a trace of foundation on the washcloth. Nor was there a trace of my blush, which had slipped off hours earlier.

I need to point out that I was using a primer that usually performs brilliantly for me. I was surprised at the fragility of Vitalumiere and suspect it would perform best on someone with extremely dry skin, on whom other foundations cake. It was a disappointment on me and hardly worth the money when a far cheaper foundation is doing the job without harming the wallet.

Not for me, and the stickiness alone was enough to make me avoid this product. The color matched well and I do like Chanel shadows and blushes, but this experience would not lead me to seek out other Chanel foundation solutions. continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by weelaura

Well I'll start off with the positives:
1) The coverage was perfect for me, not too heavy and it left me glowing
2) The packaging was good, although it was a little tricky to see how much was left in the bottle
3) I love the smell! It reminds me of being a little girl and playing around with my mum's make-up bag!

Negatives:
1) The price: I know it's Chanel but really I think they're ripping it a bit. This foundation went up in price about £8 in the year that I used it, I wouldn't say that this product is any better than similar ones by MAC or Bobbi Brown yet by the time I stopped using it it cost quite a bit more, sort it out Chanel!
2) Colour range, basically just rubbish!

Overall, not a bad product but like I said MAC and BB have similar at a cheaper price and more shades to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by BellamyBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my biggest makeup disappointment in a long time. Not because it's terrible (it's not), but because I did my research, decided it was perfect for me, and was lemming it for months before I purchased. I built my expectations up so high...I shouldn't do that :(

First, let me affirm what other reviewers are saying. The finish is absolutely beautiful. The bottle is beautiful. I even love the name. I love the idea of wearing Chanel makeup, because I'm never going to spend thousands on their clothes and bags.

Problem # 1:
The colour selection is craptastic. I would not take lippies off because I bought the wrong shade. But I didn't. The lightest, Limpide, IS the shade closest to my skintone but it's still way off. Why are there only 6 options? Chanel should be able to stretch to 10 shades at least - it's not as if they're short of resources. Limpide is light, but a shade too dark for me (NW15). It's also extremely yellow, and makes me look jaundiced. Cool / porcelain skintones take note - there is nothing for you in this foundation; take your £40 elsewhere.

The texture of this is so light and luxurious that I would go around looking slightly jaundiced and still feel good about myself, if it wasn't for Problem #2:
THE FRAGRANCE. I'm amazed that more reviews don't mention this. Vitalumiere has an extremely strong, floral fragrance that makes my eyes water and my nose itch. Admittedly, I hate most floral fragrances, I don't like perfume in my cosmetics (though I can tolerate it normally) and I have sensitive eyes. But it's not as if I have real allergies, and this felt just like hayfever. This is the strongest fragrance I have come across in a cosmetic, apart from maybe YSL Faux Cils. It's just so unnecessary! I was dismayed when I first smelled this, but I hoped the fragrance would dissipate when the foundation "set". It didn't! And after 10 minutes I had to wash it off my face and start again with my trusty Bobbi Brown Skin foundation.

I've swapped this away. If your skintone fits with one of the available shades, and you can tolerate - or even love - the fragrance, you're onto a winner and I am jealous. continued >>

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by dderosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the subtle glow this foundation gives my skin while providing good coverage. My color is 0.8 Gentle Ivory. It's not really all that light. I find Chanel foundations don't go as light as other brands. I'm not crazy about the scent but I like the way it looks and feels. And it lasts all day without changing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

I have clear normal to dry skin and have been wearing this for 1 year.

The colour range is good so there was no problem finding a perfect match for my yellow undertoned skin.

It provides a light to medium coverage and dewy finish and leaves my skin with an even and radiant complexion.

The formula can be built up and is best applied with a foundation brush or sponge.

Unlike the Revlon Colorstay foundations, it is easy to wash off with make up remover and cleanser.

I like the packaging as it has a hygienic pump dispenser which prevents you from applying too much product.

I will not repurchase this again for the following reasons:
* expensive
* it broke me out (given I’ve hardly ever broken out in my life)
* not hydrating enough, only slightly moisturising
* feels sticky on the skin.
* not long lasting and has the tendency to slide off or disappear a few hours after application
* it won’t cover dark scars or spots and dark under eye circles so a concealer will definitely need to be purchased.

I would recommend this to those with normal skin that’s reasonably clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by milenacka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I bought it in Limpide-Nude intensity 0.5, which is quite light. I've used NARS Balanced Foundation in Deauville in the past, and I find that these two shades are a very close match, and they both perfectly match my skin. I can use this foundation in the summer and winter. I have dry-ish skin, and this is has a lovely dewy finish (which I am a big fan of). The colour stays true. This product doesn't dry out over the day, and my skin always feels good with it on. The coverage is sheer/medium... I use it to even out my skin tone in places. It blends beautifully. I highly recommend this foundation, and I will definitely re-purchase.

Also, the packaging leaves nothing to be desired, it's perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this the other day. This is possibly the worst foundation I've tried. I just hate it. It feels like plastic on my skin, like my skin can't breathe underneath it, despite the fact that I only applied a thin layer with a sponge. The lightest color, Limpide I believe, turned orange in a matter of minutes. It was sticky and shiny and didn't cover anything. I stuck it out for 20 minutes, then I just had to wash it off. I remember trying the creamy version in the pot a few years ago and I hated that one too.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely foundation if it's the right one for your skin type, which for me, it is. It's a lovely dewy foundation, light as feather however for me, the colours are horrendous, very dark and very orange. That said, I have been mixing it with my favourite cream foundation (Givenchy in Exact Dragee) which has gotten too light because we're hitting up summer in Aus and I've been outside for upwards of 4 hours a day. Anyway, been squirting a bit in a an empty pot and squashing it around with my foundation which in my opinion has made an hybrid foundation, so sheer but covering my spots and with a dusting of powder, staying put for 12 hours through high heat and humidity. Will continue to buy this to play with but will only give 4 stars because I would be even happier if they went a hell of a lot paler.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by BeautifyYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is very good - gives a great finish, smoothes skin quite good over mild scarring, best for drier types or could get a bit of an oil slick. It gives great colour and medium coverage. I find im getting a few spots and i think the foundation may be responsible so it's going to be a no no for every daywear (even though i'm still wearing it as it makes your skin gorge!) Otherwise it's fantastic for special occasions.