December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by amybabygrrl06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absoloutly lovely. I have very oily skin and this makes me look matte but healthy and glowing! Gives a nice coverage and covers freckles and spots. I got the palest shade they do and it blends to my skin flawlesly. My only problems are that the pump top seems to have got a little blocked but an orange stick unblocked it very effectively. If I press the pump all the way down I only need half the ammount to get a good, full coverage but as it goes off after a year its not too bad. Overall an amazing product that I will definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. It's the only one i've found thats fair enough for my pale skandivian skin(NC15-NC25). The formula is very light, and soo easy to apply. I use a foundation brush, and apply from a dab on my hand. The result is perfect-looking, dewy skin, and the result lasts all day, even when not wearing powder on top. (Partly thanks to my primer of course.) Thanks to its yellow tone, it's perfect for covering spots as well. It is very expensive, but it is also the best. I am on my 2nd bottle now. It is very longlasting, and I had my first bottle for nearly two years. I know you're not supposed to have it that long, but it's in a pump-bottle, and fingers doesn't ever come close. (I store it in a drawer, so no sunlight hits it.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation works like a dream for my skin. I used BB skin before this one and it was too matte & made my skin break out. I used, and liked, chanel TI in 20 claire before that and thought i'd try it again, but the shade was too dark and the lighter shades weren't available. So i ended up getting the vitalumiere in 10 limpide and WOW i am in love. It is extremely hydrating and glides on smoothly. There's more coverage than TI or BB skin but still goes on fairly sheer. You can build the coverage to light-medium easily. It had withstood 40degrees heat and managed to stay lookimg fresh and dewy, not oily. And it hasn't made me break out. It was pricey but definitely worth it. a little bit goes a long way, so it'll last me.

UPDATE: I have become too pale for this shade and unfortunately can't use it anymore. I have moved onto other foundations but if there were lighter shades available in Australia I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by bcoolnchil

This was the best liquid foundation I have ever tried. Revlon Colorstay was too heavy and makeup-ish, making me feel like my pores were clogged. This gives the perfect amount of coverage for me, just a nice, even tone and for the spots that need concealer, I just unscrew the bottle and take some of the slightly dried residue on the mouth of the bottle that is a bit thicker. The formula feels very moisturizing and spreads easily with my fingers, no damp sponge needed, and a little covers my whole face but I usually use it just where I need it. It does not seem to clog my pores and it looks exactly like beautiful light-from-within skin, not obvious-foundation matte or greasy. I set it with translucent powder for a matte look and so it looks natural later in the day when I get oilier and it just settles with the foundation. I have gotten compliments on how smooth my skin looks with this foundation on which makes me want to laugh because in reality, I have bad skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample of this product and I absolutely hated it: wrong colour, strange smell and no staying power (my original review was very negative).
I decided to give it another go and this time I have been matched to a better colour (Limpide 10). I "fix" this foundation with Laura Mercier Translucent powder and it stays on all day (I do not use a primer), it is not cakey at all and gives a nice and natural glow. I apply it with my fingers and it goes on like a dream. It looks like I am not wearing any foundation, it evens out my skin and conceals imperfections (it is sheer to medium coverage so if you need a lot of coverage you would need a concealer).
The colour selection is very poor and the shade oxidise and turns brownish and the smell is quite plasticky. Therefore the poor rating (the colour is just wrong for PPP).

** EDIT: I have tried tons of foundations and abandoned the Vitalumiere due to the colour being too brownish for my complexion (yes, even 10 Limpide is too dark). As I could not find anything that works in terms of glow and moisurising effect I got back to it and tried to find a solution for the bad selection of colours. I bought Face & Body foundation by MAC in white. I add a bit to Vitalumiere. It lightenes the shade without changing the consistency/texture. And the result, in terms of colour, is satisfactory. A little bit messy as it requires a lot of work to get the right shade. The problem is that this mix broke me out so in the end did not work.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love how light this foundation is. My skin looks radiant and even toned. Walked on a plane the other day and the women in front of me turned to tell me how beautiful my skin was. Would have given it a 5 if it had spf20 in it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am the target consumer for this foundation, but after extensively sampling it I am left with the conclusion that Chanel has not hit the bullseye.

Vitalumiere foundation is intended to leave a dewy, moist finish, and on this point it delivers. It has a sheer (but somewhat buildable) coverage that was its first drawback: It did not cover minor skin imperfections (slight discoloration, uneveness of tone). I built up two layers of it and had to use more concealer than I normally would.

My second gripe was the sticky/tacky finish. I really felt as if I were wearing foundation--or something--on my face. My face looked damp/dewy and yet felt adhesive. My forehead felt both adhesive and greasy.

The third issue was lasting power. I had some suspicion that Vitalumiere had worn off after a couple of hours and I proved myself right by "washing" my face with water and a light-colored washcloth.
There was not a trace of foundation on the washcloth. Nor was there a trace of my blush, which had slipped off hours earlier.

I need to point out that I was using a primer that usually performs brilliantly for me. I was surprised at the fragility of Vitalumiere and suspect it would perform best on someone with extremely dry skin, on whom other foundations cake. It was a disappointment on me and hardly worth the money when a far cheaper foundation is doing the job without harming the wallet.

Not for me, and the stickiness alone was enough to make me avoid this product. The color matched well and I do like Chanel shadows and blushes, but this experience would not lead me to seek out other Chanel foundation solutions. continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by weelaura

Well I'll start off with the positives:
1) The coverage was perfect for me, not too heavy and it left me glowing
2) The packaging was good, although it was a little tricky to see how much was left in the bottle
3) I love the smell! It reminds me of being a little girl and playing around with my mum's make-up bag!

Negatives:
1) The price: I know it's Chanel but really I think they're ripping it a bit. This foundation went up in price about £8 in the year that I used it, I wouldn't say that this product is any better than similar ones by MAC or Bobbi Brown yet by the time I stopped using it it cost quite a bit more, sort it out Chanel!
2) Colour range, basically just rubbish!

Overall, not a bad product but like I said MAC and BB have similar at a cheaper price and more shades to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by BellamyBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my biggest makeup disappointment in a long time. Not because it's terrible (it's not), but because I did my research, decided it was perfect for me, and was lemming it for months before I purchased. I built my expectations up so high...I shouldn't do that :(

First, let me affirm what other reviewers are saying. The finish is absolutely beautiful. The bottle is beautiful. I even love the name. I love the idea of wearing Chanel makeup, because I'm never going to spend thousands on their clothes and bags.

Problem # 1:
The colour selection is craptastic. I would not take lippies off because I bought the wrong shade. But I didn't. The lightest, Limpide, IS the shade closest to my skintone but it's still way off. Why are there only 6 options? Chanel should be able to stretch to 10 shades at least - it's not as if they're short of resources. Limpide is light, but a shade too dark for me (NW15). It's also extremely yellow, and makes me look jaundiced. Cool / porcelain skintones take note - there is nothing for you in this foundation; take your £40 elsewhere.

The texture of this is so light and luxurious that I would go around looking slightly jaundiced and still feel good about myself, if it wasn't for Problem #2:
THE FRAGRANCE. I'm amazed that more reviews don't mention this. Vitalumiere has an extremely strong, floral fragrance that makes my eyes water and my nose itch. Admittedly, I hate most floral fragrances, I don't like perfume in my cosmetics (though I can tolerate it normally) and I have sensitive eyes. But it's not as if I have real allergies, and this felt just like hayfever. This is the strongest fragrance I have come across in a cosmetic, apart from maybe YSL Faux Cils. It's just so unnecessary! I was dismayed when I first smelled this, but I hoped the fragrance would dissipate when the foundation "set". It didn't! And after 10 minutes I had to wash it off my face and start again with my trusty Bobbi Brown Skin foundation.

I've swapped this away. If your skintone fits with one of the available shades, and you can tolerate - or even love - the fragrance, you're onto a winner and I am jealous. continued >>

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by dderosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the subtle glow this foundation gives my skin while providing good coverage. My color is 0.8 Gentle Ivory. It's not really all that light. I find Chanel foundations don't go as light as other brands. I'm not crazy about the scent but I like the way it looks and feels. And it lasts all day without changing.