October 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by tamsynnz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've got one of these in crème brûlée and I love it! It's really soft on my lips, quite moisturising, and a really nice subtle colour. The packaging is gorgeous, i love the coloured, quilted tube. the only negative to these, and the only reason I don't have more is the price. In New Zealand, they cost more than twenty dollars each! However, I do recommend them, particularly for you lucky ladies who live in the United States and the UK ( I am so jealous of your cosmetics prices!)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with these, they are nothing special in my opinion. Yes they r kindof moisturising but the amount of product you get in these is awful. I paid £5 for one of these at boots (they are usually £7-£8) and I would not pay full price for one of these EVER!! The colour is very sheer but pretty, nothing amazingl though, (I have Sugar Frosting.) overall I think these are a complete rip off for the amount of product you get, (about 1 and a half-2 inches) I can't believe no one has mentioned that! I think the only good thing i have to say about these is the quality of the packaging, its very good quality. Yeah so don't buy one, despite what people say about them, they really are nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by rocketbabydoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'd heard great things about this lip butter and I wanted a my-lips-but-better colour with a berryish tinge, so I got Sugar Plum. It's my first venture into the world of lipstick and I really adore the colour. It's not as purple as it looks in the tube, more of a deep berry-pink. The formula is good, sort of like a tinted lip balm but more pigmented and not as balmy. You can build up as much colour as you want and it has a decent amount of staying power. It gradually fades over a couple of hours but leaves a nice light stain once the product has worn off. It's nice and creamy and not drying, so there's no need to wear a balm underneath. The packaging is cute, I love the coloured cap with the quilted pattern. Unfortunately, the price here is ridiculously expensive -- $24 - $29NZD depending on where you buy it, but I bought mine online for about $15NZD. The real robbery is the amount of product you get for that price, less than an inch. I'll be using it sparingly.
Despite the expensive price and small amount of product, I would still repurchase, just because I love the colour and formula so much.

Edit: I have since purchased the shades Tutti Frutti, Pink Truffle and Wild Watermelon, and I love them all just as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kuur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale at Longs, and I am amazed! I bought this in Strawberry Shortcake and it is the perfect nice pink shade. After one application, my lips were SO soft! its amazing! the only down side of this is how little product there is.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product!

These little things are amazing, I have at least one in my purse at all times. They are super moisturizing, and they actually have some lasting power compared to the other brands of "lip butter" type products (such as Baby Lips). I wear these almost every day, I like that it's light and gives some sheer color without feeling super heavy like some lipsticks.

My favorite color is Cherry Tart which is a nice red, I also have Cotton Candy which is a pink shimmery color and Strawberry Shortcake which is a little too bright pink for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by rahaf7727

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing you should do when you get this product is twist it all the way to the top and see how little product it has, then decide if you would repurchase it. in my opinion this is just fancy lip balm like lip smackers or nivea. i do enjoy it for a quick and natural looking lip, but i could achieve the same tint of color and moisture with a labello cherry chapstick, oh and they smell better!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I really, really wanted to like these, because I heard such great things about them. I bought them in two colors, Candy Apple and Berry Smoothie. I think the color range is great, and they have some really pretty shades. However, I didn't have a great experience with them.
I don't know if it's just me or if I got a bad couple of tubes, but these did not work well for me at all. They did not feel like a lip balm AT ALL when I put them on, which is really weird for a lip butter. I had to apply balm on my lips first to get a really smooth application.
The color payoff is pretty good. The color doesn't stay for very long, but I didn't expect that. The main problem I had is that this butter doesn't keep my lips moisturized at all. Like, I had dead flaky skin come up a few hours later, which doesn't happen with any of my other Revlon lip products.
I'm disappointed with these, because of all the rave reviews I've seen. I'll probably pick up one more in a different store just to be sure I didn't get a bad batch, but if I have the same experience, I'll just give them away to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula of this kind of reminds me of a less moisturizing EOS balm. It is a waxy lip balm with a little color. It doesn't moisturize the lips well and doesn't sink into your lips. The only thing I can really see this product being good for is using it as a foundation for some other lip product like lipstick. It doesn't have a good color payoff (I know that is not the intention with this) but it doesn't moisturize well enough. If I wanted a tinted balm that moisturizes well, I usually go with Fresh Lip Treatments. Those ones actually moisturize and have a nice color payoff.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

they are pretty pigmented for lip butters that arnt lip sticks. they are extremely smooth to apply, my only con would be that they are so soft that they move around in the lip stick holder so sometimes it will rub against the holder and smudge onto the applicator. you do need to reapply this quite often.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by devildiva77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a set at myer which contained three Revlon lip butters and compact mirror. It was $30 at the names of the lip butters were sugar plum, lollipop and peach parfait.Each of them were fantastic colors and soft.