December 18, 2014 | 906 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are pretty good for what they are, but I am not attracted to this type of formula.
The GOOD: decent range of shades, lasts pretty well, moisturising,
The BAD: for some reason these do not look true to colour on me at all, as with all Revlon, too expensive in Australia.

Overal I give them an ok. If you like sheer colours, then you'll love them, but I prefer something more solid and longer lasting

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

I have written a review for Candy Apple, in which I adore the color but can't give a squat about the texture of the lip butter itself. I now have amassed most of them, with the exception of the pale cool-toned pinks which does not look good on my NC 25 warm Asian skin and the nudies which are too sheer for my pigmented lips. I love the MLBB like Fig Jam (a tad brown), Pink Truffles, Sugar Plum (a teensy bit more plum than Pink Truffles) and of course Raspberry Pie. Pigmentation is fabulous for lip butters and the color range is beyond what I normally expected from a DS brand. You are bound to find something you love from this line. However, like Candy Apple, these lip butters ain't moisturizing on my lips at all whatsoever. They are kinda waxy and just sit on top of my lips. After a while the lip butter dries off and white lines appear around the inner corners of my lips. Bad bad bad lip butters. I won't purchase any of them again, because I ain't finish them in my life time. However if I used up my Pink Truffle, I would re-purchase the ColorBurst Lipstick in Rosy Nude or Soft Rose instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by livetolovexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought the Revlon lip butter in Sugar Frosting, and I HATED it!
Suprise, my first try at it was horrible, it was un pigmented and I didnt like the look it gave my lips.

Recently, I gave the lip butters another chance and i got Candy Apple, and guess what? I love it! The red is very wearable. Its a bright red colour and is pretty decently pigmented for a lip butter, I would definietly repurchase this shade.

Overall, I think that it depends which shades you purchase, There are alot of hit and misses to certain shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by klgbeatnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I definitely seem to be in the minority here but I hate these. They make my lips look HELLLUHHHHH dry (coming from someone who gravitates towards matte lip products) and accentuates any little flake you have on your lips. Doesn't seem to moisturize at all, just kind of sits there. This product was such a disappointment for me because I love tinted balm type lip products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I gave this 3 stars only because I thought these would be more glossy and more moisterizing. Maybe its just the color I got? But as a lipstick, its not bad, I guess I just was hoping for a more glossy texture, as the one I have is dry, and I have to use lipgloss over it alot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since these have been released, I've accumulated 7 of them. They are my favorite lip products. They moisturize my lips like a lip balm but apply on my lips like a lipstick/gloss in one. I usually can get these for around $7 at the drugstore, and I have to say I'd probably pay a lot more for them. i kind of wish they had the color selection of the super lustrous line but I'm satisfied with the colors I did purchase. I will be purchasing more colors and repurchasing peach parfait, which is my favorite shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by tamsynnz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've got one of these in crème brûlée and I love it! It's really soft on my lips, quite moisturising, and a really nice subtle colour. The packaging is gorgeous, i love the coloured, quilted tube. the only negative to these, and the only reason I don't have more is the price. In New Zealand, they cost more than twenty dollars each! However, I do recommend them, particularly for you lucky ladies who live in the United States and the UK ( I am so jealous of your cosmetics prices!)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with these, they are nothing special in my opinion. Yes they r kindof moisturising but the amount of product you get in these is awful. I paid £5 for one of these at boots (they are usually £7-£8) and I would not pay full price for one of these EVER!! The colour is very sheer but pretty, nothing amazingl though, (I have Sugar Frosting.) overall I think these are a complete rip off for the amount of product you get, (about 1 and a half-2 inches) I can't believe no one has mentioned that! I think the only good thing i have to say about these is the quality of the packaging, its very good quality. Yeah so don't buy one, despite what people say about them, they really are nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by rocketbabydoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'd heard great things about this lip butter and I wanted a my-lips-but-better colour with a berryish tinge, so I got Sugar Plum. It's my first venture into the world of lipstick and I really adore the colour. It's not as purple as it looks in the tube, more of a deep berry-pink. The formula is good, sort of like a tinted lip balm but more pigmented and not as balmy. You can build up as much colour as you want and it has a decent amount of staying power. It gradually fades over a couple of hours but leaves a nice light stain once the product has worn off. It's nice and creamy and not drying, so there's no need to wear a balm underneath. The packaging is cute, I love the coloured cap with the quilted pattern. Unfortunately, the price here is ridiculously expensive -- $24 - $29NZD depending on where you buy it, but I bought mine online for about $15NZD. The real robbery is the amount of product you get for that price, less than an inch. I'll be using it sparingly.
Despite the expensive price and small amount of product, I would still repurchase, just because I love the colour and formula so much.

Edit: I have since purchased the shades Tutti Frutti, Pink Truffle and Wild Watermelon, and I love them all just as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kuur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale at Longs, and I am amazed! I bought this in Strawberry Shortcake and it is the perfect nice pink shade. After one application, my lips were SO soft! its amazing! the only down side of this is how little product there is.