Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 6/20/2013 5:16:00 PM

This seems to have a lot of bad reviews, and even though I will admit I'm not too well-versed in the world of BB creams, I've been quite happy with it so far. I gave up on foundation all-over powders for awhile because I started to hate the feel, but recently started feeling like I could use a little something extra. It definitely would have been a bit slick for my hormones-gone-bonkers teenage skin, but now it leaves kind of a nice dewy, silky finish. I'm very pale so the light shade is "borderline" but seems to blend in just fine if I'm careful. It's a bit pricy for drugstore fare but it fulfills my needs at this time so I'll keep buying!

on 6/18/2013 11:29:00 AM

I really don't like this product, it's feels thick on the skin, and it looks really cakey. It also looks orange.
I have tried alot to get this bb-Cream to work but no matter what i do, i just hate it. I have tried mixing it with Foundation, moisturizer, primer, i have tried with a primer underneath and a primer on top of it, but it does not seem to make any difference.

on 6/18/2013 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What it promises:
1. Even your skin tone & boost its glow
2. Blur imperfections
3. Smooth fine lines
4. Offer 24 hour hydration
5. Protect your skin with SPF15 UV protection.
What I got: good price, sun protection, hydration
What I did not notice: even skin tone, blur imperfections, smooth fine lines.
The "boosts skin glow" became a rather oily shine.
Coverage is a bit better than Maybelline BB cream, but it feels a bit "heavier", also the color "Light" is bit too dark for me.

on 6/15/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I grabbed this on a whim when it first game out and sadly it was one of those impulse purchases that just didn't work out. It made my skin feel extremely oily, as if I had rubbed a stick of butter over my face. Thankfully it didn't cause me to break out, but it was heavy, clay-like, greasy and overall not a good look for me.

on 6/13/2013 12:15:00 AM

Really greasy, I have dry skin made my face oily and then after a few hours my face started to burn. I washed it off and my cheeks are all red and broken out :( I really wanted to like this!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really good product as it doesnt clog my pores or cause any break outs, and it's coverage is great! I use this as a part of my everyday makeup along with a little concealer and my skin looks great. Its matte and lasts around 10 hours, which is all I expect from my everyday makeup. The only downside is that my one I purchased is very liquidy and thin in consistency, I left it without the cap on for ten minutes and it spilled everywhere, and my friend also has the same one but hers is much thicker in consistency. Nevertheless I love this bb cream, I highly recommend it!

on 6/10/2013 8:58:00 AM

I have to admit that because it was inexpensive I decided I would give it a go.

The colour match to my skin was pretty good but I noticed that after a few minutes there was a noticable shine. I fixed that by putting some pressed powder on my face, but would really prefer it if I didn't have to do that. However, seeing that I had it in my bathroom I decided to continue using it.

After using it a few more times I noticed that I broke out a fair bit. To be fair it could have been hormonal acne that decided to clear up the same time I stopped using the product. However, with the mediocre performance and it being the possible cause of the break out I stopped using it. Would not recommend.

on 6/10/2013 8:36:00 AM

I always love Garnier skin products as it is one of the few brands from the drugstore that consistently works for my sensitive skin. (plus I love the classic "lemon" smell that its products have!) So naturally being a BB cream enthusiast and a garnier fan, I had to jump at the chance to try this product. For a western BB cream it is not too bad! Light and fresh, great for a easy natural look all over. It has light to medium coverage (this may be not so appealing to those who expect more coverage, [definitely has averagely a lower coverage than compared to the Asian BB creams] and doesnt feel tacky on the skin which is a major plus point. It last a decent amount of time on my skin without melting off (and I live in Singapore which is hot and humid all year round) (about 4-6 hours before it really starts to wear down). Also, it does offer some form of Sun protection (another plus point). Plus it also has that slight classic Garnier lemon scent which I love all so much lol. Also, being in a squeeze tube is a major plus point when it comes to the sanitary factor! I would repurchase if I ever finish this tube! Decent job Garnier!

Wont repurchase. Too oily, too heavy feeling. Didnt break me out because I didnt wear it enough since I refused to wear it after the first few days.....i dont like giving bad reviews, but woah.

on 6/9/2013 7:32:00 AM

I got a sample of this in the current Glamour issue. I have normal to oily skin, and this product was a disaster for me. It's super greasy. The product never seemed to absorb, it just sat on my face making it horribly shiny. It's hilarious the term "skin-perfecting" is in the title - my skin looked SO MUCH worse with this product on. It seemed to like magnify every imperfection on my face. Horrible. I tried it two day in a row to be fair, with the same results both times.