Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty nice cleanser. I have very oily skin, and though this didn't do much to keep that at bay, it did help diminish the amount of blemishes I got. I love the fact that it's only .5% Salycylic Acid, which is very gentle on my skin, cause apparently I have fairly sensitive skin as well (Who knew?). My only complaint about the packaging is that after you've used it for a bit, you have to push the little pump back up because the suction inside the bottle is too strong...and this makes getting enough cleanser a little troublesome.

I used to use this cleanser with another one, and recently started using this soap alone. It's really great and clears everything up. It's not too strong which is great. It's easy to lose the little top that comes on the bottle,but if you keep it sitting up nothing leaks.

on 2/11/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked how it's not very intense(?). And it works well with oily skin.

on 2/6/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I wanted to try this out to prevent my usual time of the blemishes, and it really didn't do much for me the first week I tried this. But by the second week, every time I would finish washing my face with this, my skin would tighten up and I began to develop random dry spots on parts of my face that were not normally dry. And as for the clearing of my blemishes, it didn't prevent much, and actually made me break out when I normally don't. Overall, this is really overdrying and does nothing for blemishes.

on 2/5/2009 2:05:00 PM

I'm surprised to read reviews that people broke out after using this cleanser. I can't even remember how many bottles I've used so far and I have nothing but good things to say about this cleanser! I guess everyone is different and how their skin reacts to certain things. I am acne prone so I have to be careful what I put on my face. I gave this a try after my friend who has similar problems recommended it to me. It is very gentle and after you wash it off with warm water, it gave me soft and clean skin without drying. But it doesn't remove make up and I would recommend it for morning washes. It does run out rather fast and I'm guessing it's because the bottle shoots out foams (my clinique self-foaming wash did that too. it ran out in like... a month). Other than that I am really happy with this product!

on 1/25/2009 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I liked this product because it was very gentle and I guess cleansed my face. I didn't think it was worth it though because I've used the product for a while now and I did not see a difference in my complexion.

on 1/22/2009 11:08:00 PM

HORRIBLEEE! I was so disappointed... The first two days, I was so surprised how it made my skin look "clear-er & more paler(in a good way)" and then BAM. break out nation. I never broke out like that in such a long time... The smell was okay and packaging okay. the product? absolutely preposterous! Never never never again. I chose 4 for price cause it aint worth the money. NO bang for the Buck.

on 1/12/2009 9:52:00 AM

I really wanted to like this cleanser. I've been using the Clear Complexion moisturizer for about a month, so I thought I'd give this a try. The first day was fine, it made my skin smoother and it looked more even. From then on, my skin just broke out really bad. I tried to struggle through it, but it wasn't improving at all, so I switched back to my old face wash and I cleared up in a couple of days. Even though it made me break out, my skin tone looked the best it had ever looked during a break out :)

itsz very soft to the touch, but it didn't clear my blemishesz.

on 12/31/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great product if you have acne-prone skin. It was great for me until my skin changed. Now I have very dry cheeks and this cleanser is too drying for my skin. I've switched to Aveeno's ultra-calming cleanser which has been great. Highly recommend for those with acne-prone skin.