Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 2/2/2012 4:56:00 PM

Seems to be excellent! Bought it because I was really broke at the moment, and didn't want to pay for my Clinique gel, so I found this. I'm especially dehydrated from acne meds, so I use A TON of this before foundation, but it really makes your skin GLOW, and soaks in fairly quickly leaving no residue despite the insane amount I apply. Not the most hydrating at all, but it hydrates somewhat. I will say one turnoff - something i strongly dislike is that this contains ALCOHOL like the second or third ingredient... blagh. But oh well, if it alleviates my dehydration somewhat then it's all good. Hasn't broken me out, and I break out at almost everything. Will update if things takes a turn for the worst.

on 1/19/2012 11:31:00 PM

I love this product! I've been using it for a month now after trying to find a gel moisturizer and so far I think it's the best moisturizer I've tried. Upon apply to my face, it felt really cool and refreshing. I thought that it was going to leave me kind of greasy but it absorbs into your skin quickly. It left my face feeling supple and moisturized. Will probably buy again until I find something better! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This moisturizer is wonderful, and I love that it is a gel rather than a lotion or cream because it doesn't make my skin look greasy. It is light, cool, and refreshing; very nice for summertime. However, this stuff has denat. alcohol, which is known for drying out skin. Why on earth they'd put that in a MOISTURIZER I'll never know. So I can't use this when my skin has it's dry spells from my acne meds/creams. Other than that, it's very nice stuff, and it's oil-free (yay! unlike the UV lotion of the same product line as the last person mentioned). Very affordable, too.

on 1/12/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

My favorite moisturizer to date. I really enjoy the cooling cucumber effect and the gel formula. It absorbs super quickly and moisturizes and quenches my dry skin. I don't mind the jar, it actually feels very high end. However, it's not very travel-friendly. Once I run out of this, I most likely will purchase the whole line.

on 1/10/2012 1:35:00 AM

Great product. Doesn't feel heavy on your face or without any residue. 24 hr hydrating gel feels refreshing on skin and leaves iit soft. I don't mind the packaging, which comes in a jar form, you just have to make sure that you wash your hands before you stick your fingers in there. Would purchase again.

on 1/5/2012 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like the pot. It's just not a good hygienic idea. But I do like the way it moisturizes without breaking me out, a miracle on my dry oily acne-prone skin! I do have to use it twice sometimes but not usually, and it absorbs super fast, which is lovely. A little expensive but I literally only have to touch my fingertip to it and spread for a moisturized face, sometimes once or twice but not usually.

on 1/1/2012 6:58:00 PM

Phenomnal product. I swear its shrinking my pores more and more everyday. I have to add a little extra moisturizer on my dry spots(which is why I only gave it a 4/5) but for the most part this is a perfect daily moisturizer. Since I only use it on myself the jar doesn't bother me for sanitation.

Can't wait to see what this does for me the summer to keep my skin in balance!

Overall is a wonderful product that you should try if you have normal to oily skin

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I use this during the summer when my skin isn't that quenched for moisture. But in winter, this product doesn't do much justice on drier areas like my forehead and chin. Recently, I discovered that its great to mix a little bit of this with liquid foundation for a translucent gel tint :) (Though I honestly can't say for the fair skin tones, it might give the foundation a green tint, but I'm not sure).

on 12/26/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product. I used to have really oily skin in my 20's and the start of my early 30's and now at 34, my skin isn't as oily or breakout prone and I find this moisturizer really keeps it in balance. It works great to cool down my red cheeks (which I have developed in the place of acne for some reason) and as a base for my foundation. I wish they made this in a container other than a jar but other than that, I have no complaint about this product and would purchase again.

on 12/26/2011 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As someone with extremely oily skin, I thought this moisturizer would be perfect for me. I'm sorry to report that it isn't; far from it, in fact. I like that it's nice and light, which is great for those of us with oily skin, especially during the warmer months. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything at all as a moisturizer. In fact, it dried my skin out (due to the alcohol content, I assume) and made it even more oily. I can't speak for everyone with oily skin, but if my face doesn't get some moisture, I've found that it will become exponentially more oily. Considering this and the price (a little steep for a drugstore brand), it's unlikely that I'll ever recommend this to anyone.

Popular Moisturizers