Milani Liquif'eye Metallic eye liner pencil -black

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon 12, C20 40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Carmine (CI 75470), Copper Powder CI 77400, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77492), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850), Zinc Oxide (CI 77491)

on 4/19/2011 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I am quite surprised by some of the negativity with this product. I wasn't planning on getting it because of all the comments in regards to sharpening this pencil and how useless it becomes after the first time. But I decided the only way I would know for sure is to test it out myself. I purchased this at CVS for about $6 retail. My favorite black pencil is smolder by MAC because of how smooth it goes on and how soft it is. The only gripe I have with smolder is that it doesn't really line my top lash line as dark as it tends to get very smudgy when I want a precise line but don't want to use liquid or gel. Also smolder tends to wear off and migrate on my lower lash line. I usually set it with carbon eyeshadow by MAC to get a long lasting product.

Milani's liquif'eye metallic eye liner in black comes in a very traditional package, it's a pencil with a high sheen when you see it in the packaging. Application was extremely smooth and buttery. I was very impressed. I use it on my waterline. What I liked was it didn't migrate and create a racoon eye, but it did fade away to almost a light gray color. It doesn't stay black UNLESS I set it with eyeshadow. but not a big deal. In pencil form, I wasn't expecting it to stay. On my upper lash line, it did stay & I was able to create a very black thin line. I was thoroughly impressed because it did not drag across my skin or hurt my lid. I didn't really get the metallic look with this once applied, but I am kind of glad I didn't. As the tip wore down, I needed to sharpen this. I was kind of nervous about sharpening it. As others have reported, I expected this to be crumbly and have a dull point. To my surprise, using NYX's dual pencil sharpener, the pencil retained its shape and didn't not smudge or sharpen and I was able to get a precise point. I recommend throwing this in the freezer or fridge to firm up the pencil if you have this issue. I tried that method as well, it sharpened just fine. I do live in a very hot and humid climate, so maybe I just got lucky or maybe it was my particular pencil sharpener. Either way, I can't wait to collect all of the shades and would definitely repurchase this. It was easily removed using makeup wipes and I got a full day wear without smudging or migration. For the waterline, I would set it with powder. Good job Milani!

on 4/18/2011 8:02:00 PM

This is a very smooth applying eyeliner and does feel like it goes on as a liquid or a gel liner. Because of this the tip wears down really fast and I have to sharpen after I do each eye.

It is also acceptably smudgeable after application so I get a really good smoky eye. Although by comparison to department store brands this is very affordable, I wasn't expecting this to cost more than $5 to be honest.

But it is great and I will definitely buy it again. This liner has put my MAC graphblack on the back-burner.

on 4/18/2011 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

When I first tried this, I was really impressed with the intense black color and slight sheen. It is very soft, goes on creamy and does last quite a couple of hours on my waterline. Under the waterline, it lasts all days. I was so impressed after 2 days of wearing it, I went back to buy two more as back up. But after a week into this, I start to realise that my eye gets very irritated whenever I use this on my waterline. My eyes go red and start to tear alot, like it is trying to wash off the eyeliner from the waterline. I know that waterline area is very sensitive, but I can use Rimmel, Maybelline and Urban Decay with no problems. So now I can not use this on my waterline anymore.

on 4/18/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After reading the RAVES for this product as as great to use on the waterline, I went on the search for it for about 3 weeks. Found the LAST one @ Target. I was so excited to use it.

Well.... I am so disappointed. In less than 30 mins it seeps into a puddle into my outer corners and I look like someone punched me. I tried priming, powdering, putting shadow on top.... all the tricks to make it stay, but this e/l REFUSES to stay put.
I like the deep color and smooth application, but nothing else.

I'm back on my hunt for a good Black e/l.

on 4/13/2011 8:57:00 PM

I've tried UD's 24/7 Zero and Mac's Technokohl in Graphblack. Both smudge/drip off my waterline within an hour despite using primer/letting it set/setting it with black eyeshadow! I decided to give Milani a try and wow it is SUPER pigmented. One swipe and I get an intense black, unlike the other two. It's super creamy, goes on like a dream, and doesn't smudge from my eyelid. However, it doesn't stay on my waterline...so nothing does I suppose.

on 4/13/2011 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Okay, so after reading all the great reviews about this, i finally got my mom to buy me one. I had really high hopes for this, since people have been comparing it to UD and MUFE, but it dissapointed me. Although the color is great, and i can get a deep black line with one swipe, it didnt last at all on my waterline, and thats the only part of my eye which i like to line. with an hour or so, the liner smudged onto my lower lid and looks disgusting, and the black color fades to a gray. You might be thinking that i have oily, watery eyes. but no, i have dry eyes. if your looking for an eyeliner to last on the waterline, i strongly reccomend maybleeline gel liner

on 4/13/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Background: I generally avoid black eyeliner, even for a night out. I find it looks too harsh on me.

That being said, this is a really good eyeliner. It's intensely pigemented and long lasting for the price. But not HG status.

on 4/10/2011 11:57:00 PM

I used to use MAC's Technakohl liner in Graphblack on my waterline, but it would always smudge after a few hours. Now, I use Milani's liner and it definitely lasts way better than MAC's. It's so pigmented and it goes on smoothly. It does smudge by the end of the day, but it definitely lasts longer than any other pencil I've used on my waterline. Plus, it's only about $5 or $6 bucks!

on 4/10/2011 2:57:00 PM

Cheap and it lasts all day.. I didnt have any problem with it creasing.. very pigmented.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a pretty good eyeliner. Its very dark, very smooth/creamy, easy to smudge/blend (if you like that), very inexpensive. Staying power on waterline isnt all that great, but its very difficult to find a eyeliner that does last long so thats defininetly not a con. I would say a dupe for UD 24/7 Zero liner. I think i will be repurchasing this product in the future. :)

Top Rated Milani Products