TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 6/15/2011 5:39:00 AM

I had been wanting to try a dry shampoo for a while after watching a bunch of youtube videos about hair care and hair products. I had never heard of a product that would give me fresh clean hair without taking a shower. Since this was so cheap, I decided to try it. I believe I paid around $5 for this at Target. The scent is very pleasant, sort of citrusy clean. It comes out of an aerosol can like a hairspray and it releases a fine white powdery liquid. I section my hair off in 2 inch intervals and do a light spray. Then I flip my head over and rub it it. While it does provide an instant lift and volume, it only lasts about 3 hours before my hair falls flat and oily again. So I must say that it is too much trouble to apply a product that would make my hair look more greasy than it did in the first place. While this did not work for me as a dry shampoo, I did find an alternative use for it. I use it as a hair-texturizer. I have very silky, flat asian hair that doesnt really have much volume or shape. My freshly washed hair tends to be very hard to style, so I spray this in my roots to "dirty" up my hair in order to have an easier time with styling. It works, but it also means that I have to wash my hair that same day or my hair will be a greasy mess in the next day. I will continue to use this up in this method, but I will not repurchase. I heard great things about the Batiste and Psssst dry shampoos, I will try those next.

on 6/14/2011 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is disgusting..the spray nozzle broke and it smells disgusting, made me cough and gag. It did nothing to absorb oil. I brushed it out about 50 times and it was still white and felt disgusting. Complete waste of money!

on 6/2/2011 11:34:00 PM

this product really does suck. i was hoping that this could help me so i wouldn't have to wash my hair everyday since it gets very oily . but it didn't help at all it just seemed to make it worse. it makes my hair even more oily. and it i don't like how it leaves my hair white and then you have to brush it out. it does make my hair smell nice tho.

on 5/26/2011 2:40:00 PM

This sucks!!! It doesnt absorb oil at all! It feels like spraying my roots with hairspray as it has some kind of a weird hold/texture. Don't waste your money - go buy Batiste.

on 5/25/2011 11:32:00 PM

It didn't do anything to my hair. I have long hair so I don't like washing my hair every day or every other day... I try washing once every 2 days. My hair gets a little oily by the 3rd day so I need something to give me a fresher look. I didn't feel like this product helped with anything. It smelled nice, but really it felt like I was spraying powder onto my hair, I felt like I was in a cloud of smoke, made me cough and gag at the same time. I love the Tresemme shampoo, but the dry shampoo didn't do anything.

on 5/23/2011 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was the worst hair product I have ever used in my entire life, period. It was like standing in an ash cloud while applying. While the scent could have been nice, it was overwhelming. And did nothing for my hair. In fact, Bare Escentuals Mineral Powder, while more expensive, works like magic, so does pure cornstarch baby powder.

The most offensive 'side effect', was the breaking out. My scalp, my neck, my face, my shoulders, and my chest! Anywhere this product landed, I broke out. I have been fortunate in my lifetime to never have any issues with acne/breakouts, and I have always felt blessed to not have had to deal with it. I look like a teenager with an acne issue. Dozens of blemishes! Painful blemishes. I am peeved to say the least. I have graduation ceremonies, and celebrations coming up for my child, and I can only hope my face clears up by then!

on 5/19/2011 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

To start off, I have dark, thick, coarse, hair (I'm half asian) that I can get by without washing for 3-4 days. I LOVE this product, and the low price makes it even better.

I just put a few spritzes when I notice my hair gets oily near my part, brush, I leave the house with clean looking hair (it even gives it a little bit of volume). It certainly doesn't feel like that "just washed" hair, but only you know how many days it's been since your last wash...

I can see how this product wouldn't work for everyone, but it works wonders with my hair. My only complaint is that the top of the bottle has gotten clogged a few times. Other than that, I couldn't live without it!

on 5/17/2011 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have dark brown hair with bright red highlights. This product left my hair dull and ashy looking. It also did nothing for the oil near my scalp.

The scent is okay, though it is very strong. I don't imagine it would eliminate odor as much as it would (possibly) cover it up.

Will not be repurchasing.

on 5/7/2011 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tresemme products never fail to disappoint me, incredibly. If Tresemme really did start in salons, then its no wonder why it isn't in salons anymore: the products are terrible. And yet, the commercial for this one got me. It sounded great for me, because my hair gets greasy and yucky feeling pretty fast, and I can't wash it as often as it gets oily because that wouldnt be good for my hair. So I purchased a bottle of this stuff not expecting any miracles, but hoping it would help me out a bit.

I used it, as directed, in my kitchen before heading out one day... I didn't end up going out. After brushing it out, My hair was just as greasy, and looked even worse. It was oily, stuck together and impossible to style. The scent is a little overbearing for me, but i'll admit it will add some freshness to an unwashed mane. Another thing unrelated to its effect on my hair, is that it made my kitchen floor (where I had sprayed it on my hair) into a skating rink. Everyone in my house kept wiping out on the same spot, and it only took me a second to remember that that particular spot was where I used the stuff. It was a mission to get the floor clean too. So as a side note, I'd recommend not using this over laminate flooring haha.

I personally won't buy this product again, will not use any more on my hair & wouldn't recommend it.

on 5/6/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Why does this have such a low rating!! I LOVE IT! It's an awesome quick fix for oily hair when you don't have the time to wash and style your hair. The effect only lasts for about 6 hours, and that's just enough for me to go to a class or two then return for a shower. Has saved my always late butt on several occasions. Can't live without it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials