April 20, 2014 | 1471 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Scoithniamh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Left disgusting white flakes in my hair, and still looked greasy. Back to Ojon.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My fav dry shampoo is only sold at ulta, and it dont always enjoy going in there. I was excited to see a drugstore dry shampoo that I can find anywear. So I bought this dry shampoo, and its an epic fail. I doesnt soak up oil instead leaves white flakes in my hair which is a huge pain to get out. Everytime i used this product to save time from washing my hair, I ended up just taking a shower because the flakes made me cringe. Only thing I liked is that it smelled good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I bought two of these when they first came out and I had coupons. I didn't like it from the start. If you follow the directions to the letter you still get white streaks, or gray ones, not good on dark brown hair. Hair is matte wherever this is sprayed, and again, following directions, even if you let it sit for two minutes then brush it out, there isn't any difference to simply brushing it right away, or not brushing at all. No matter what you actually think of the product, it stinks to high heaven! If you want to smell like permanent markers all the live long day, this stuff is for you.

Sure sprayed only on some underside roots this will absorb oils a bit and hair feels fresher. The problem is with such dark hair, if you move at all you can see the stuff, even when brushed out, and there is quite a strong scent to this as well. I didn't find it took away scents that might linger in hair as much as add a new, very unbecoming one. Hating to waste money I gave this a shot time after time when I was crunched for time. The first bottle stopped working shortly after using it, the spray part clogged, never worked again even after rinsing.
So determined to use this up and after hearing some youtube gurus claim it as a holy grail product for them, used this a few times this past week. No matter how I applied this, or what I did to my hair after, the fact remains I don't like it. I have to use a lot of shine spray after using this to have any life to my hair and by then it looks greasy from all that spray, defeating the point of this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed. I'm a brunette and this turned my hair white at the top. I wasn't holding the bottle close and I hardly used any.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this a while ago, hoping I can use it on days when I don't wash my hair or after the gym. I never really used a dry shampoo, but after using this I feel like it does not do what I expected a dry shampoo to do. I have thin, brown hair, and after using this, I feel like my hair looks worse than it did before. I tried using it different ways and it just leaves my hair sticky, and dirty looking. Very disappointed with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by kacie24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will never buy this product again. Absolutely the worst! It left my hair greasy and white. The way my hair felt was so disgusting, it felt so dirty! I have extremely thick hair so for something to make it feel so greasy is not an easy feat. Beware! Never put in your hair before a date or any other important event!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ElleLeigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever used. Ever. And not only that, it's the worst product I've ever put in my hair. Please please don't spend your money on this product. There are cheaper ones that are a million times better. Try Batiste or Klorane if you want one that works better that's cheaper.
Basically, this dry shampoo went on wet, took a while to dry, and turned white. I know that whiteness is normal in a dry shampoo but this was such a trek to get out! I brushed and brushed and it ended up looking greasier than before. And the white just ended up looking like flakes of dandruff through my hair.
I am sitting here after using it for the first (and only) time (I followed all the instructions) and my hair feels so horrible- it's never felt this disgusting before. Sticky and greasy and weirdly solid.
This has never happened to me before using a dry shampoo and I'm very annoyed about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Kazelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at the negatives on this one. I've found this to be really helpful when I'm caught out and don't have time for hairwash. You only need to spray a small amount to feel and see the difference immediately. It does dull hair a little but Ive found all dry shampoos do that. I feel that it's certainly worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tropicalbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cause i was looking for something that would help with the oilyness and since day one i hated it! I shook the can "vigorously" as stated on the can and once it dried, my hair looked white!! Im a brunette so you can imagine how upset and frustrating this was. i thought that maybe after blow drying it-that the whiteness would go away but it didnt. My mom asked if i had gotten a bad hair dye :( Will not re-purchase EVER.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Tesco518

Loved that this dry shampoo didn't have a nozzle and was a spray mist. Only problem is that is smells heavily of baby powder to me and leaves my hair with flakes. I do like that it plumps up my oily hair with a bit of volume but overall, my hair did not look clean and the flakes just made it worse.