November 22, 2014 | 1435 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I have tried so far. It covers very well, and is long lasting. I like to use a small concealer brush to spot cover and do several light layers at a time, depending on how much coverage I need. It can look dry and cakey if you use too much around the eye area so I use something lighter (GA High Precision Retouch) all over the under eye area, then go over with the full cover using the concealer brush very lightly over darkness that still show through. I have repurchased many times and will continue to buy this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Um...who wrote these reviews and for whom exactly does this product work? The MA at Sephora tried this on my dark under eye circles when I asked for a good concealer [I'm not even super crazy dark or baggy, but NOTHING works to conceal and brighten up that area. It looks okay if I walk around with my chin tilted to the sky, otherwise the lower I tilt, the more light reflects weirdly and emphasizes my less than stellar coloring. Any advice?]

After the first layer, I squinted into the mirror and asked for more - it wasn't doing what I wanted it to - and it looked kind of cakey and powdery. The second layer covered more, but it also looked cakey. Does nothing look smooth anymore? I took a sample home and my experience with it just gets worse and worse.

A lippie for the amazing pigmentation. You need literally the smallest amount you can pick up - that's becoming an expectation for MUFE. This product, however, deserves to be chucked. It is way too thick and sticky - if I try to pat it onto my skin, it quickly becomes so tacky that touching the already sensitive area becomes painful. Brushes and sponges won't give enough coverage. And like I mentioned, it doesn't do the covering job I'm looking for. I do NOT want to see the two layers of my bags showing through and being accentuated by expensive concealer. Even set with powder, it settles into fine lines.

Less than impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by arayesh

Hi every body,i am makeup artist and i have to use all products,so this one is amasing for people have very dark circle eye.It is long lasting concealer and after hours it doesnt make braeks out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by aldrinmoore

I got this in ivory as im quite pale but it is very yellow.Also this did cover my sun spots that is at least untill i put my foundation on over the top of it, and i let it set and dry first.As soon as i put my make up over the top of it it just wiped away? very strange considering its suppose to be a water proof concealer..if you are pale like whitish in colour then the ivory will still be too yellow.you really need to apply this in natural daylight and not inside as you won' t detect how this really looks.? very expensive for what it actually does

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a really bad hormonal breakout which left some dark spots around my chin. I am a nc44, Matchmaster 6, NARS Syracuse. I tried both 10 and 12 and 10 seemed to look a little ashy on me so I opted for 12. It covers my acne scars perfectly but seemed too dark for under my eyes. Overall the coverage and the staying power were great. It is a little expensive but you really just need a dab.

Edit: It ended up being too dark (you can tell it's there in normal daylight. Had to return :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the lightest shade, 01, which is sadly not as light as I'd hoped. My skin is naturally NW5-10, and this looks a wee bit dark atop my foundation. I have cystic acne scarring (the worst kind) and this covers it all without any issues. Definitely full coverage; I made the mistake of using this under my eyes once, and what a mess that turned out to be! It looked like I had cracks in the concrete when I smiled. Blends well, doesn't dry too quickly and is heavy but looks natural (a must). Overall a very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

So far, this is the best coverage product I discovered. I appreciate the matching tone, the staying power, the fact that with the tiniest amount, you can get a perfect cover. It's not shiny at all, which is the point, that you don't want to draw any attention to what you're covering up. Main disadvantage it's that it becomes cakey if you use more amount than you should, or if it's mixed up with other powdery products you might have on your face (like the foundation).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by kjmakeupaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ohmygod, I love this stuff so much! I have extremely dark, purplish under eye circles due to genetics. I tried every single concealer and always end up buying super thick pigmented ones that cake like no other! Normal concealers such as Maybelline's don't do a single thing for me btw... So here comes this baby: I discovered whilst being in Sephora and was shocked at how well it covered. So I took it home. I have never looked back since!! It covers SO well!!! I still have to touch up once a day but that's such an improvement from approx. 5 times a day!! Looks natural and blends really nicely (just be quick!). For a super bright look I put the lightest shade of the HD Concealer on top! GREAT stuff for dark circles!!! Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has officially replaced my cle de peau concealer. It has such good coverage, it will stay on until you wash your face! I've been using it for 5 months now and it hasn't caused any breakouts or anything. After using it consistently everyday for 5 months, I still have 75% left! Which makes the $30 price tag so worth it! This tube will easily last me for a good year. It has 0.5 oz which is more than other concealers. I absolutely love this concealer and I hope MUFE never ever stops making it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by spatularific

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My super oily skin defies most long lasting concealers - I've stuck with Mac Pro Longwear concealer for a long time as it would last 3-4 hours before caking, the longest I've ever got out of a concealer. This stuff lasts much longer! Woo! It does have its share of cons but it's the best concealer I've used.

Cons:
- Doesn't last as long in creased areas - so not so good for under eye, sides of the nose and under the bottom lip
- The lightest shade 'pink porcelain' is a bit rubbish - it's darker than Mac ProLongwear in NW15 and MUCH darker than MUFE's Mat Velvet in the same shade. If you're darker than NW15 I'd try something else (if you can find anything else... hurr!)
- It highlights texture, so isn't really great for dry, flaky skin, really scabby spots, scarred or under-eye areas

Pros
- The most long-lasting concealer for really oily skin. I still get an oil slick after a few hours, but this stuff doesn't cake and stays on even when I'm blotting.
- Covers big spots really well - I'm prone to big, red swollen cystic acne and little red marks from old acne, and this stuff covers both awesomely
- Very similar to the Mac Prolongwear concealer, but thicker and more pigmented, so you don't need as much to cover up a spot

Despite it being much darker than anticipated, I'd still buy again. I only just get away with it because my face is a bit darker than my wrist/hands. Let's hope MUFE does a lighter version for the ultra-pale peeps!