December 29, 2014 | 1688 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by cinderelka90

I def. think this powder surpasses the MUFE hd powder since I for one actually like the packaging (I know, I"m like the only one!) You really only need the tiniest bit otherwise it will cause a "ghost" face in flash photography (like most hd powders will) but when used correctly it gives a great long lasting finish. Would def repurchase if I ever run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Melmichelle29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the best setting powders ever! I'm a makeup artist and have used every expensive brand out there. This powder is the one I always go back to and for $6! A must have if you like the soft porcelain matte look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by theauralynn

a great way to set my powder. it almost has a softening effect to my face in how it makes my skin look so even and matte

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product as a setting powder as it seems to reduce look of fine lines and pores. It also gives a soft focused look when used as finishing powder. Warning: A little goes a long way and overuse could come out a bit powdery or ashy but it has never gone cakey on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Avanti414

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

1. Price: For $6.00, you get a product that rivals the most expensive ones out there and even surpasses their quality.

2. Packaging: Let's face it, no product comes without at least one flaw and the packaging is this product's only flaw. The bulky jar is not travel friendly. I just slapped some gorilla glue on each hole in the sifter with the exception of a few in order to avoid spillage. I like the look of the jar, all they should do is add a sifter with a snapping lid that closes.

3. Quality: This powder is finely milled. If you dab some between your fingers it feels sooooo soft. When applied to the skin it makes everything smoother. It is way better than MUFE HD POWDER....WAY BETTER!!!!!!!

-SIDENOTE-

Today I was at my sister's house and my 12yr old niece asked me: "What happened to the little holes in your face?" She was referring to my enlarged pores. I told her: "What about them?" And explained to her that the enlarged pores were partially caused to the toll that cancer treatments took on my skin. She then told me: "No, I mean they're not there anymore, I don't see them." Oh my God, this reinforced my love for this powder.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kittyandtito

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with what shimmerlove said about this powder. I have very oily skin with big pores and acne scars. I even have dry patches on my cheeks because of the benzoyl peroxide that I put on to treat my acne. This powder blurs all of that and makes me look magical...haha. I feel much more confident knowing that this is on my face. I set my foundation with this and it keeps me oil free for at least 8 hours. If I see oil coming through I just pat a bit of this and BAM! No more shine. I will repurchase this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by 84trillion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been using MUF HD powder for over a year when I discovered this for, what, 1/5 of the price? Fantastic product, just as good as MUF in my experience, and I am so glad I found this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is simply amazing! Cannot believe the price...Better than Make Up Forever and Smashbox HD powders put together. Goes on like a dream and lasts throughout the day setting makeup invisibly. Please keep making this one E.L.F. !!!

I only wish they would package it in a different container that has some sort of twist closure so you could travel with it or put it in your purse without it going everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Seriously? $6 for this powder? One that rivals Mac and all other fancy brands? Yes, I'll take it. I have been using this powder for a long time, I've gone through many, many containers of it and I sincerely hope it's never discontinued. This is the perfect setting powder. It's finely milled, it blends into the skin perfectly, and provides a great satiny finish. Bronzer and blush look nicely blended, the effect is very soft. The packaging is bulky and not purse-friendly but I don't mind because it lasts all day so no reapplying is necessary. I don't take off the entire sticker from the sifter - I just poke a few holes in order to avoid getting a ton of product, since only a tiny bit is needed. Love this powder, it's quite terrific.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by lindseymhelms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this powder as a setting/touch up powder. I have oily skin, so setting/touch up is a must! I don't reach for it everyday (as I have yet to find an extremely convenient method for application, with the packaging) but I am not complaining- and will always have it in my collection! The best method I have found is to pat it on with the puff, and then blend with a large powder blush. Don't use too much, because it can lighten your face (obviously!) However, I do not find that to be a problem, as I continue my makeup routine with contour, bronzer, blush- so it never ends up looking pale, or "whited" out on my face...For $6, it is definitely worth it!