E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

I love the product it is a all seasons product for winter and fall I just apply it with a lighter hand and with summer and spring I apply with a bit more of a heavy hand. I loathe the packaging it is bulky and if you don't keep that powder puff in it then when you open it the product leaks all over the place and gets all over everything I also find if the puff is not in there and you are traveling with it product can leak out even when closed properly. I have a bare minerals compact for loose powder and when I buy this product now I don't even remove the sticker inside I just lift out the clear sifter and pour some into the compact then store it till I need to add more I find much much less is wasted. But for a price of six dollars it is really a good product I tend to find this with elf good products bad packaging but its worth it you just need to think of ways around the packaging problems.

It took me awhile to jump on the hype of this product. I was initially put off by the potential of a white cast HD powders could bring, but purchased it on a whim after seeing a discount :D

This offers a smooth airbrushed finish which I absolutely adore. Seriously?! My pores appear photoshopped after using this. Regardless of what base products I've used, this offers a smooth finish when I use it as a setting powder. The oil control is average though, hence I tend to top it up with some Maybelline Dream Matte powder. It is gleeful to find out that there's no white cast on my NC20 skin(:

For this price it is definitely worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is great to mattify and is better than normal powders but still not dry skin friendly.

This is a very very fine powder.. it has no scent... It does set on my skin nicely.. it also makes my skin look brighter... not as sheer as other setting powders I've tried.. I can see the powder set on my nose.. my skin has no oil after this setting powder,, the packaging is a huge bulky cube,, which takes up so much space,, make it more compact!!! I wouldnt buy it again because there are other products out there that I like better..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely sensative skin and this powder doesnt upset it at all which I wasnt expecting for a cheap 6$ product. It sets beautifully and feels silky to the touch and stays that way! It doesnt last any longer than 4 hours for me but I do have oily skin. I would definitely buy this product again but one must be very careful in the ammount of product you actually apply. It tends to look cakey if you dont buff and tap your brush first. Its e.l.f. and for 6$ this powder really does the job well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think the best way to use this is to mix it with any other powders that you want to throw away but feel pity about doing so. I got sample packets of everyday mineral's powders and mix them with this ELF translucent powder. actually I dont like the feeling when there's a layer of colorless powder on my skin. the package is spacious that you can mix whatever you want.
You don't really have to spend $$ on a kabuki brush, I think the puff that comes along with this powder is great. its soft on my skin.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I used this powder for awhile, but ended up throwing it away. If you're not careful about how you apply it, it can leave a whitish cast to the skin. The powder also has a strange, plastic-like texture--I really can't describe it. It also does nothing to absorb oil. The package is also bulky and awkward. Now that I think back on it, I'm not sure why I used it as long as I did!

I want to start off by saying I gave this a four instead of a five because of its acne causing capacity. It's minor acne, but I tested it enough to come to the conclusion that this was the cause. I digress, this powder performs wonderfully. It has a pretty smooth application, and it DOES seem to contain little bits that may not have been milled enough, not a bit deal, I just brush them away with a kabuki brush. This does set foundation nicely , and keeps the oil at bay for a few hours longer than normal loose powder. Initially it seems to give my face a whitened porcelain doll look, but that soon disappears as it is absorbed by my skin.

I really don't know how I feel about this product, if I'm honest. I like that it is translucent, but it's semi-difficult to put on. It makes my skin feel weird. I think I like Maybelline's mineral veil better.

I get compliments on looking good every time I use this powder. I use this powder at night only - its my special evening powder - not everyday work wear. I have never used a translucent powder before bc I did not understand the purpose of it. I always thought I needed coverage and pigmented powders. This translucent powder illuminates my face and brightens me up. It def is a matte finish, so I dont get a dewey look with this. I prefer dewey bc it looks less "made up," but I cant seem to pull off a dewey look due to my acne scars. So I will accept with the fact that I have to settle with matte if I want to look decent. But with the help of this powder, atleast I can pull off the bright and light face look. Additionally, it sets my makeup really well - even on hot/muggy evenings, it minimizes making sliding and melting off. I suppose the only area they need to work on is the packaging - packaging needs an upgrade, product gets everywhere.

Video Reviews & Tutorials