October 22, 2014 | 1950 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by 84trillion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been using MUF HD powder for over a year when I discovered this for, what, 1/5 of the price? Fantastic product, just as good as MUF in my experience, and I am so glad I found this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is simply amazing! Cannot believe the price...Better than Make Up Forever and Smashbox HD powders put together. Goes on like a dream and lasts throughout the day setting makeup invisibly. Please keep making this one E.L.F. !!!

I only wish they would package it in a different container that has some sort of twist closure so you could travel with it or put it in your purse without it going everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Seriously? $6 for this powder? One that rivals Mac and all other fancy brands? Yes, I'll take it. I have been using this powder for a long time, I've gone through many, many containers of it and I sincerely hope it's never discontinued. This is the perfect setting powder. It's finely milled, it blends into the skin perfectly, and provides a great satiny finish. Bronzer and blush look nicely blended, the effect is very soft. The packaging is bulky and not purse-friendly but I don't mind because it lasts all day so no reapplying is necessary. I don't take off the entire sticker from the sifter - I just poke a few holes in order to avoid getting a ton of product, since only a tiny bit is needed. Love this powder, it's quite terrific.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by lindseymhelms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this powder as a setting/touch up powder. I have oily skin, so setting/touch up is a must! I don't reach for it everyday (as I have yet to find an extremely convenient method for application, with the packaging) but I am not complaining- and will always have it in my collection! The best method I have found is to pat it on with the puff, and then blend with a large powder blush. Don't use too much, because it can lighten your face (obviously!) However, I do not find that to be a problem, as I continue my makeup routine with contour, bronzer, blush- so it never ends up looking pale, or "whited" out on my face...For $6, it is definitely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic primer and setting powder! I can't stand the container though; hopefully they'll come out with a compact soon! Don't use this with flash photography. You'll look like a vampire.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by dreamonnnnnn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Im NW20/22 in MAC SFF and i use this as my finishing powder. I use the puff that comes with it and use barely any product and gently press the powder into my skin.....love the finished look....makes me look uber smooth

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this a try because I ran out of MUF HD finishing powder and this got such high reviews for such a low price. For the price, which I think was around $6 or something ridiculously cheap for a ton of product, this stuff is ok as a back up but MUF it is not. I'm used to using 100% finely milled silica. This is also finely milled silica mixed with some kind of cones and fillers. I'm not a fan of the cones but they do give this powder a smooth feel going on. I think the added ingredients also create heavier coverage making it hard to apply this without looking white and ghostly. I have to apply this really sparingly with a fiber optic brush or it washes me out and makes me look like death. Unless you are super pale I wouldn't use this on days you might be in photos and add your blush or bronzer after using this. I don't like the fillers in this product or the white cast but it's an ok back up for $6 and keeps shine to a minimum for a while.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by sandi9422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good setting powder for those who have large pores and oily skin like me. It's 40 celsius here and humid has hell but my skin still feels soft, matte and not oily at all after 4 hours witout reapplying any makeup. Once again my skin is uber oily and I couldn't find any makeup that helped to tame the oilyness as much as this one did!

As far as the packaging goes, I have not problem with it. My advice is when you buy the product DO NOT remove the sticker that covers the holes. You just have to puncture a few holes on the sticker using a needle and there will be no more spills and mess with the powder and you'll control the amount you put on your brush a lot better :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this powder! I bought the HD Powder and the one in shimmer.

HD Powder-

My make up looks amazing with it dusted over the top. You do need to use a light hand to avoid the 'white cast' look, so be careful! It makes my pores vanish and controls my oil. I have clogged pores, acne scars (red marks and indented) and wearing this gives me so much confidence. It seems to blur my scars a bit and really does make my skin look more flawless. It doesn't look cakey like other powders and it feels so lightweight on your skin. It doesn't break me out or cause any allergic reactions (my skin is very sensitive and frequently reacts to powders) It hands down beats every loose and pressed powder I've ever tried. I immediately ordered another, really hope they never stop making this!

Shimmer-

I really don't like this, it's way too sparkly. Just looks wrong all over your face imo! It does the same as the HD powder but with a ton of unnecessary glitter. I may use it to dust over my cheeks but I would never use it all over my face again. If you're going to try one, try the HD Powder :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

This is my favourite setting powder!

PROS:
- It is very finely milled, doesn't look powdery on the skin.
- It is the most mattifying powder I have ever tried, keeps me matte for a good couple of hourse before I have to touch up.
- You get a lot of product for a really affordable price.
- It is translucent, so I don't have to worry about colour matches.

CONS:
- The packaging is sleek, which I like, but it is very bulky. Also, I can't see how much is left inside. I would love this in a pressed form.
- It can look a bit white on the skin, but only if you apply too much, so be careful.

VERDICT:
This is my favourite setting powder. I would prefer it if it was pressed, but until that happens I will continue to repurchase this :-)