Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 10/20/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

3.5, rounding up because it was so cheap :). Lashes look thicker, but can be quite spidery, lumpy, and clumpy compared to my precious plushlash or hypnose. It did however cost just over 5 bucks so while I wont purchase this regularly, if I come to a point where the budget is REALLY tight, I will definitely turn to this. Formula is a little too dry and lumpy but they ALMOST have it right. I love the brush......not too big, not too small.

I love it!! I really didn't think I would like this at all but its my number one mascara! even compared to HE brands. The brush is a little on the small side to my liking but it works great! I put on maybe 2 to 3 coats and it doesn't clump my lashes or flake. It give incredible volume and length. (Maybe other reviewers who have had problems with flaking had dried out old ones...?? who knows.) But its wonderful, my lashes aren't short but they're not super long either and it really looks like I'm wearing falsies!! I looove how I can apply just a little for the day time or i can layer a few coats and I'm ready for a night out. Its very versatile for me. I'm someone who likes to curl my lashes AFTER I put on my mascara because no matter what mascara I put on after i curl my bare lashes they uncurl and with this the curl is beautiful and natural and stays all day.

on 10/9/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this mascara so much. It gives amazing volume just how i like and it doesnt smudge down to bellow your eyes to give you raccoon eyes. all over this is the best mascara better than benefit bad gal

on 10/6/2010 3:21:00 PM

I used Max Factor's 2000 Calorie mascara for the last 6 years because it was truly the best mascara. Then they stopped making it and I was totally lost. I know a lot of people used this so I dont know why they did that. Cover Girl's online chat recommended this Super Thick Lash mascara to me and let me tell you it is pretty much identical to the 2000 Cal!!!!! I am soooo happy! Doesn't smudge. Doesn't wear off. Doesn't flake off. Doesn't leave black on your eyelids where your eyelashes touch because yes they do touch because this mascara works that well!! :)

LOVE IT and I will totally buy it for as long as they keep making it.

YAY!!!!!!

on 10/5/2010 3:02:00 PM

This product is awesome! It goes on easily (use the wiggle method to get more product on your lashes), it DOES NOT smudge or wear off all day, but it is more of a natural look, not that "falsie" look that a lot of people want. So this is my HG (for now, mascara junkies like me are always on the prowl!) for a natural looking mascara, simply perfect for the daytime look. And did I mention its CHEAP?! I have the waterproof and the super thick lash, both are great!

on 9/25/2010 9:11:00 PM

I love this mascara! I've been looking for a volumizing mascara that provides separation (doesn't clump), and this is it! The tube design is also nice--I like to tightly close my mascara tubes and the handle is shaped like hexagon with multiple angles making it easy to twist open. I got it for $5 along with an eyeliner at a BOGO sale at CVS.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Although I rate this highly, and loved it, I won't buy it again because I am going to try others in the CG line.
That being said, this is a really nice mascara that gives a natural look but with more oomph! Thick lashes that are clump free and separated nicely. Its great, and I highly recommend it.

on 9/21/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Despite the rather boring tube design, I can see why this mascara is considered a classic. It has very buildable volume and length (it won't give you an extreme amount of either though), doesn't smudge or flake WITHOUT being waterproof, and washes off easily at the end of the day. It's not all that great at holding a curl, but it's not horrible at it so I don't have any real complaints. Overall, a very reliable mascara, especially for such a cheap price! Finally, a mascara that won't rip off my eyelashes but doesn't need to be waterproof to hold all day!

Notes: This mascara does feels dry, so it's not as easy to put on as I would prefer. The product likes to stick to the brush instead of your lashes, so you have to apply it with even, patient strokes before you're good to go. Also, I agree with the other reviewers; you really don't need more than one good coat of this, because adding more coats don't seem to do anything else. It's only good for a normal, natural look, it won't give you anything beyond that.

on 9/21/2010 2:49:00 PM

I wanted to wait before I reviewed this to make sure I was reviewing properly. :) This is a great mascara. WAYYY better than any mascara I have bought in the last year. I'm a mascara junkie, and I always fall for the hype. I have been trying alot of Maybelline's, L'Oreal's, and some other CoverGirl's, but they just don't compare to this lovely red tube of wonderfulness! My lashes are dark, look thicker, and separated without clumps.

Now I'm scared they will discontinue! Probably will go out and get a few more. I mean for $5? Yeahh....go buy it!

This is my holy grail. product does better than HE mascaras and wont put a dent in your wallet. I like most cg mascaras but this one is really a gem.