November 27, 2014 | 1424 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Melisstarr

I'm not really a fan of this product. It does NOT last all day. I definitely not purchase this item again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by zsupernova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I work for Sephora, so I am under bright lights and my face under constant scrutiny all day long. My job also gives me the opportunity to test out all sorts of products before I buy them, so I have a really good grasp of what's out there in the higher end market.

With very few occasional exceptions, I ALWAYS come back to this makeup! I find the coverage and feel better than anything else I use. Even if I use a super heavy duty concealer (like Cover FX), I always use this on top. I find it can be used sparingly to just "even things out", or built up for UBER coverage.

I have combination skin, so I use a good mattifying moisturizer and primer first, and also Benefit's Dr. Feel Good (despite the directions, I use it under makeup as opposed to on top of and it helps to absorb excess oil all day). Before applying my powder, I also set it with Fix + or MUFE Mist & Fix.

I get compliments on my skin EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. - and trust me, my skin without makeup is nothing compliment worthy. I have uneven skin tone, dark circles, and freckles. Not the cute "across the nose", "look how adorable I am freckles", but the blotchy ones that just make your skin look uneven, but by the time I finish my makeup, it's impossible to tell. I get the "porcelain doll" compliments all day long, and I'd say half of my clients ask what my secret is. This is the one product that I would default to drug store to every single time.

Highly recommend it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by yvettelovesmakeup

pros: It matches my skin color pretty good. (doesn't look pink)
Doesn't make me oily! Not super expensive. Easy to blend.
Cons: DOES NOT stay on for over 4 hours. ( i wear mine to school and i have to re powder my face or else it looks like im not wearing makeup at all!) (and yes i wear primer)

But hey if it matches my face,doesnt make me look cackey,and i only have to re apply powder once a day..i think its pretty darn good! =D
so yes i would buy it again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by polupuakenikeni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reference: I am an NC42. I used Honey Beige for this brand. I also have combo skin.

This is a great foundation, but almost all the claims indicated on the bottle are over exaggerated.

Pros: This is probably one of the best performing foundations out there in the market. Paired up with it's concealer counterpart (Superstay Concealer. I use Medium Beige), it covers my face up very well. I'd say the coverage is medium with a touch of heavy. As my skin having a yellow undertone, Honey Beige was a good match for my skin. It doesn't oxidize on me. It's really long-lasting, too. I'm not too sure if it will survive 24 hours since I can't last that long, but it stays on very well from sunup to sundown. It doesn't break me out, either! It's pretty comfortable to wear; it doesn't dry out my skin or feel too heavy. Blends easily on my skin. No funny smell, either.

Cons: Not transfer-proof. Not that the product will rub-off completely -- it stays on for the most part -- but don't expect the look that you started out with after completing your morning makeup routine to stay on completely. If you don't touch your face, you may periodically need to swipe your t-zone with a blotting tissue. If you touched your face, I just needed a touch-up with a bit of powder (I like their shine-free oil control powder). I'm not too sure if it'll "withstand heat, sweat, and humidity," but I have worn this while working out and my face still looked great with an understandable amount of transfer on my towel. Oh, and it needs a pump badly.

Overall, I like it. With any makeup brand, it has really exaggerated claims. This is not the perfect foundation. Well, there is no such thing. But this can come close to being the most wearable foundation out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Calicokatie

Bought this just to try it after reading reviews on here. Just had to try it for myself. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I have normal, but occasionally combination skin and this was very blendable and smooth. The wear was pretty long. I find that if you build this up for coverage you can look a little matte to the point of strange.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by delirious

I LOVE this product! It helped me cover my acne scars really well! It doesn't go well with dry skin though because it seems to make it more apparent. Maybe it's just me who applies a little too much but this product seems to transfer over onto anything that made contact with it. But overall, this is one of the greatest foundation I've tried for heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by nemequittepas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hesitated to buy this product for several months after reading reviews on here. I was looking for a replacement for my everyday foundation and I'm happy to say I've found it. I'm a journalist (we aren't paid very well), so I can't afford a nice foundation for every day.

I bought sand beige on a whim and I was so impressed! The color match was right on for me. I use a foundation brush to apply and then blend a bit with a makeup sponge. I was happy with how easily it went on, how natural it looked (I received several compliments on my skin - even the boyfriend noticed) and how long it lasted. I don't know if it truly has a 24-hour stay, but it certainly looks better at the end of the day than my previous Covergirl Clean.

However, I don't like the packaging. I wish it were a pump for hygenic reasons. I have to pour some into my hand or onto the sponge. I also did notice midday, the foundation slightly built up in certain areas. As I have oily skin, I blot with an oil-absorbing sheet at lunch time and it seems to take care of the problem. I don't think it's entirely fair to say the foundation was only to blame.

All in all, this will be my staple foundation. It provides good coverage without looking cakey. Woohoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hi8us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this, very true to the color on the bottle and it stays well in heat. However not in sweat, unless you never blot off sweat during workouts.(gross) It can be applied with fingers and I love that. This was quite build-able and matched me perfectly with a nice matte finish. I really wish this came in a pump because I feel like its a waste to put in my hands or a clean sponge every time, because you don't want to tamper with any of the product in the jar for sanitary reasons. As always, I buy honey beige with this brand and it always matches. I will be buying again unless they come out with a cheaper, greater vision.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I might consider buying this again - so I didn't put "no". However, I wish this was better wearing on oily skin, and had a pump. The color is a spot-on match. I am NC20 in MAC, and am wearing Sand Beige. I do like the buildable coverage with this foundation. I have been using my EDM Tapered Sculpting Face Brush to apply this. If you mixed this with a moisturizer, it could be as sheer as a TM, or you can apply a few coats with a brush for a fuller coverage. I didn't detect any weird scent, and this hasn't broken me out, yet.
I believe I paid around $6-7 for this at Walmart. Prices can vary - maybe the best bet is to watch for a BOGO deal at a drugstore.
UPDATE! I would maybe compare this to MAC SFF - but just slightly lighter.
Another UPDATE! I've been using this for maybe a few months and I'm really liking it. It is very buildable in terms of coverage, and is not breaking out my sensitive acne-prone skin! Also - NC20s - this is perfection in terms of a match - I can't say that enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by JazMinnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this today in the colour: True Beige.
I came back and used it. and it was EPIC. it blended in soo well and covered up my dark circles very well. what i don't like is when you open it it's like BAM and it's hard to take out because what if you tip it upside down and all of it comes out? it's extremely tiny. like 30ml for $36 hmm... :/ and maybelline tests on animals which i hate. because i am totally against it....