Maybelline Super Stay Makeup

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin ( /- May Contain: CI77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI77499, CI77492, CI77491/Iron Oxides)

on 3/16/2011 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I was so excited to try this product! I have heard from several gurus on YT that this foundation was awesome. It has great staying power and the price is not bad at all. I think I paid about 9 dollars for it. The texture is good, and it goes on very smooth. It blends well and has amazing coverage. I have extremely oily skin, and when I used this foundation with my face primer, it stayed on my face ALL day without slipping off or melting away!The only downfall to this product is the packaging. i wish that this bottle had some sort of pump to prevent waste and mess. All in all though, this is a really good product. Will be buying again! I think it will do great for the summer months ahead!

on 3/14/2011 12:48:00 AM

This foundation gives coverage like anyother foundation but what I liked about this foundation was that it gave my skin a really nice tone (since my face is a mixture of white, brown, and red) it makes your face look dewy, but not oily or sweaty, i didnt notice any cakyness and it matched my skin tone well, not to yellow, not to pink.

I have used Lancome and Estee Lauder for years. There is no way I was going to be swayed, that is until I was at CVS and had a moment of frugalness. I normally spend around $40.00 for a foundation and at just $10, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I have broken capillaries in my cheeks (thank you genetics and dad) and they are nearly impossible to cover. Couple that with the fact that I waffle between combination to oily skin and it's a recipe for consistent bad makeup days. I was tired of my EL melting off by the end of the day and having to drop $100.00+ for basics of foundation, concealer and powder. I've used it all. Nothing has ever pleased me.

Until now.

I'm thoroughly impressed with this product! It goes on silky and smooth, and COVERS my capillaries. I also tend to have fair skin, so most of the time cheaper makeups do NOT match my tone. The color Sand matched perfectly whereas I always have to get the lightest available in EL or Lancome. It stays on ALL DAY. It doesn't rub off. It comes off cleanly with a little cleanser. It doesn't settle into my fine lines and I'm just thrilled. I am finally able to save money AND look nice.

All the girls at my office have also commented and I've directed them right to this product!

on 3/1/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

my overall rating is 2, price is a 4, packaging is a 3, and i will not purchase. i dont bother about the staying power but i think its way to orange, in thevl lightest shade, as far as i know i wear nc15 in mac. i sampled a little onto my palmand walked out of the store with it being too tan for my skin. the texture of it is stickyish and dries fast. i am aiming for the fit me one which i find better in color.

on 2/13/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have VERY dry skin, and it's hard for me to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin look cakey or just plain gross. I was using colorstay before, but because I live in Alaska, my skin is worst than it was before. So I found this at my local Walmart for $8ishh and i'm glad that I purchased this! The shade it perfect for me, I wear this foundation over my hard candy primer, and you can barely see my pores! I love this foundation! For me it gives off a satin finish rather than dewy or matte. I top is off with Fitme pressed powder! I will be repurchasing this again!

on 2/13/2011 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in classic ivory and it turned my face orange and instantly make my face look powdery. It made the dry spots on my face look super noticeable and cakey it just looked BAD!!

on 2/11/2011 8:37:00 PM

So, i just bought this foundation yesterday....Just what I needed. I have acne scars so this gives me the perfect coverage and litteraly lasts the entire day no matter how much i rub against it.

Only thing is that it does not come in many different shades but it really does provide a lot of coverage for the entire day.

I would def. recommend this product, it doesnt make me brake out and is very affordable. :)

on 2/8/2011 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Use Classic Beige. A wonderful, healthy, golden color. No pink, orange, or ashy look. Covers blemishes very well. Stays on a long time without slipping around on your face. Even if your face is super oily after five hours, this makeup just mingles with the oil but stays put - it becomes part of your skin and the coverage remains and remains put even with an oil slick on your nose. It washes off easily and does not contribute to skin problems. There are only a few foundations that become part of your skin instead of just lying on top of it. This, to me, is beautiful makeup. It glides on, feels so soft, and blends very well, stays put and does make my acne-prone skin worse.

on 2/3/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not really a fan of this product. It does NOT last all day. I definitely not purchase this item again.

on 1/20/2011 3:28:00 PM

I work for Sephora, so I am under bright lights and my face under constant scrutiny all day long. My job also gives me the opportunity to test out all sorts of products before I buy them, so I have a really good grasp of what's out there in the higher end market.

With very few occasional exceptions, I ALWAYS come back to this makeup! I find the coverage and feel better than anything else I use. Even if I use a super heavy duty concealer (like Cover FX), I always use this on top. I find it can be used sparingly to just "even things out", or built up for UBER coverage.

I have combination skin, so I use a good mattifying moisturizer and primer first, and also Benefit's Dr. Feel Good (despite the directions, I use it under makeup as opposed to on top of and it helps to absorb excess oil all day). Before applying my powder, I also set it with Fix + or MUFE Mist & Fix.

I get compliments on my skin EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. - and trust me, my skin without makeup is nothing compliment worthy. I have uneven skin tone, dark circles, and freckles. Not the cute "across the nose", "look how adorable I am freckles", but the blotchy ones that just make your skin look uneven, but by the time I finish my makeup, it's impossible to tell. I get the "porcelain doll" compliments all day long, and I'd say half of my clients ask what my secret is. This is the one product that I would default to drug store to every single time.

Highly recommend it!