October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by polupuakenikeni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reference: I am an NC42. I used Honey Beige for this brand. I also have combo skin.

This is a great foundation, but almost all the claims indicated on the bottle are over exaggerated.

Pros: This is probably one of the best performing foundations out there in the market. Paired up with it's concealer counterpart (Superstay Concealer. I use Medium Beige), it covers my face up very well. I'd say the coverage is medium with a touch of heavy. As my skin having a yellow undertone, Honey Beige was a good match for my skin. It doesn't oxidize on me. It's really long-lasting, too. I'm not too sure if it will survive 24 hours since I can't last that long, but it stays on very well from sunup to sundown. It doesn't break me out, either! It's pretty comfortable to wear; it doesn't dry out my skin or feel too heavy. Blends easily on my skin. No funny smell, either.

Cons: Not transfer-proof. Not that the product will rub-off completely -- it stays on for the most part -- but don't expect the look that you started out with after completing your morning makeup routine to stay on completely. If you don't touch your face, you may periodically need to swipe your t-zone with a blotting tissue. If you touched your face, I just needed a touch-up with a bit of powder (I like their shine-free oil control powder). I'm not too sure if it'll "withstand heat, sweat, and humidity," but I have worn this while working out and my face still looked great with an understandable amount of transfer on my towel. Oh, and it needs a pump badly.

Overall, I like it. With any makeup brand, it has really exaggerated claims. This is not the perfect foundation. Well, there is no such thing. But this can come close to being the most wearable foundation out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Calicokatie

Bought this just to try it after reading reviews on here. Just had to try it for myself. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I have normal, but occasionally combination skin and this was very blendable and smooth. The wear was pretty long. I find that if you build this up for coverage you can look a little matte to the point of strange.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by delirious

I LOVE this product! It helped me cover my acne scars really well! It doesn't go well with dry skin though because it seems to make it more apparent. Maybe it's just me who applies a little too much but this product seems to transfer over onto anything that made contact with it. But overall, this is one of the greatest foundation I've tried for heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by nemequittepas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hesitated to buy this product for several months after reading reviews on here. I was looking for a replacement for my everyday foundation and I'm happy to say I've found it. I'm a journalist (we aren't paid very well), so I can't afford a nice foundation for every day.

I bought sand beige on a whim and I was so impressed! The color match was right on for me. I use a foundation brush to apply and then blend a bit with a makeup sponge. I was happy with how easily it went on, how natural it looked (I received several compliments on my skin - even the boyfriend noticed) and how long it lasted. I don't know if it truly has a 24-hour stay, but it certainly looks better at the end of the day than my previous Covergirl Clean.

However, I don't like the packaging. I wish it were a pump for hygenic reasons. I have to pour some into my hand or onto the sponge. I also did notice midday, the foundation slightly built up in certain areas. As I have oily skin, I blot with an oil-absorbing sheet at lunch time and it seems to take care of the problem. I don't think it's entirely fair to say the foundation was only to blame.

All in all, this will be my staple foundation. It provides good coverage without looking cakey. Woohoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hi8us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this, very true to the color on the bottle and it stays well in heat. However not in sweat, unless you never blot off sweat during workouts.(gross) It can be applied with fingers and I love that. This was quite build-able and matched me perfectly with a nice matte finish. I really wish this came in a pump because I feel like its a waste to put in my hands or a clean sponge every time, because you don't want to tamper with any of the product in the jar for sanitary reasons. As always, I buy honey beige with this brand and it always matches. I will be buying again unless they come out with a cheaper, greater vision.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I might consider buying this again - so I didn't put "no". However, I wish this was better wearing on oily skin, and had a pump. The color is a spot-on match. I am NC20 in MAC, and am wearing Sand Beige. I do like the buildable coverage with this foundation. I have been using my EDM Tapered Sculpting Face Brush to apply this. If you mixed this with a moisturizer, it could be as sheer as a TM, or you can apply a few coats with a brush for a fuller coverage. I didn't detect any weird scent, and this hasn't broken me out, yet.
I believe I paid around $6-7 for this at Walmart. Prices can vary - maybe the best bet is to watch for a BOGO deal at a drugstore.
UPDATE! I would maybe compare this to MAC SFF - but just slightly lighter.
Another UPDATE! I've been using this for maybe a few months and I'm really liking it. It is very buildable in terms of coverage, and is not breaking out my sensitive acne-prone skin! Also - NC20s - this is perfection in terms of a match - I can't say that enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by JazMinnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this today in the colour: True Beige.
I came back and used it. and it was EPIC. it blended in soo well and covered up my dark circles very well. what i don't like is when you open it it's like BAM and it's hard to take out because what if you tip it upside down and all of it comes out? it's extremely tiny. like 30ml for $36 hmm... :/ and maybelline tests on animals which i hate. because i am totally against it....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by marigold00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product due to the fact it is a.not heavy or cakey like the original color stay by Revlon b.the shade selection is decent (I usually take medium which is right below honey depending on which brand)

If you're expecting to run a 6k marathon while wearing this product then you're expecting way too much.However,it lasted through out the day and didn't slide down my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by aTayles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was a hit and miss for me. I really loved how it applied, it was super easy to blend in and i loved the coverage of it. However i bought the second lightest color and it was quite orange looking, but it got toned down after i applied some concelar. The worst part about this is that after i applied it it set to this weird powdery finish and was completely matte, leaving my face looking dull and it was SOOO hard to blend concelar into becuase it felt so powdery and dry. It took my about 10 minutes to try and fix my concelar after i put it on cause it just would not blend in. I wanted to love this but sadly i just cant get over the finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by coffeecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only problem that I have with this product would be the packaging - I really don't like twist open bottles, it's not very hygienic and I find it really hard to take with me everywhere without opening the bottle and finding it's all clogged up in the lid.

But other than that, I was really pleasantly surprised! Classic Beige worked like a dream on my skin, it didn't feel really heavy like Revlon Color Stay and had nice coverage. I always use a primer but sometimes skip concealer and this foundation still managed to make my skin look really even! And the price is awesome, as much as I love my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, it really is expensive! The staying power is really good for my oily skin - but I wouldn't say 24hrs.