Maybelline Super Stay Makeup

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin ( /- May Contain: CI77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI77499, CI77492, CI77491/Iron Oxides)

on 3/22/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought this foundation because i liked the fact that it was claimed to stay put. I do have quite oily skin and find that most foundations slide around on my face after a few hours. This foundation however, kept to its claim and stayed put, better than others. The only issue is that it has no SPF and i usually like to protect my skin from damage from the sun. I decided to solve this issue buy wearing a thin layer of Neutrogena Face sun lotion. Doing so effected the foundations ability to stay fresh looking a little and made me look a bit greasy. Otherwise, had i not chosen to wear the sunscreen underneath, i would have a nice, healthy dewy look instead of an oil vat. SO, to sum all of this up, this is a great foundation for those who are not to big on wearing sunscreen underneath make up.

on 3/16/2011 5:24:00 PM

This is like a cheaper version of ELDW. I used to use mix of nude and classic beige. It stayed all day and covered acne/hyperpigmentation very well. I no longer use this as I got rid of acne/scarring issues and no longer need heavy coverage.

on 3/16/2011 4:35:00 PM

First and foremost, I do not have any allergies or sensitivity to products. I have not had any reaction in 53 years to any cosmetic.

Purchased this product and within 2 days skin started to itch. On day 3 skin turned bright red over entire cheek area and started to seep clear amber fluid from what became two large 'wounds' covering both cheeks. Forehead turned red but did not ooze, peel and blister like cheeks.

Saw dermatologist this morning who says it is a chemical burn, 2nd degree through the top two layers of skin. I have prescription cortisone ointment to put on it. He says he does not know yet if I will lose all the pigment from my skin on my cheeks or how it will heal for scar tissue. He has definately linked the burn to the Super Stay foundation.

Have contacted Maybelline, offered to send them pictures of the burn. They took a ton of information and said someone will be in contact, but no one has called back. I guess it's not important to them.

Please be careful when using this product, because if you react, it really does stay on your skin and is very difficult to thoroughly remove. After over 30 years of being a Maybelline customer, I will see what they do to prevent this from happeining to someone else.

In the mean time, I have to go out in public looking like someone applied a hot iron to both sides of my face.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

LOVE this foundation! It has great staying power and when used with a primer will stay on through almost anything! The price isn't that bad either, I paid around 9 dollars for it. The only thing it is lacking is better packaging. I wish it came with a pump to prevent waste and messes. Other than that, I will always have a back up in my collection! I also think that this foundation will do great in these upcoming summer months of heat and humidity!

on 3/16/2011 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I was so excited to try this product! I have heard from several gurus on YT that this foundation was awesome. It has great staying power and the price is not bad at all. I think I paid about 9 dollars for it. The texture is good, and it goes on very smooth. It blends well and has amazing coverage. I have extremely oily skin, and when I used this foundation with my face primer, it stayed on my face ALL day without slipping off or melting away!The only downfall to this product is the packaging. i wish that this bottle had some sort of pump to prevent waste and mess. All in all though, this is a really good product. Will be buying again! I think it will do great for the summer months ahead!

on 3/14/2011 12:48:00 AM

This foundation gives coverage like anyother foundation but what I liked about this foundation was that it gave my skin a really nice tone (since my face is a mixture of white, brown, and red) it makes your face look dewy, but not oily or sweaty, i didnt notice any cakyness and it matched my skin tone well, not to yellow, not to pink.

I have used Lancome and Estee Lauder for years. There is no way I was going to be swayed, that is until I was at CVS and had a moment of frugalness. I normally spend around $40.00 for a foundation and at just $10, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I have broken capillaries in my cheeks (thank you genetics and dad) and they are nearly impossible to cover. Couple that with the fact that I waffle between combination to oily skin and it's a recipe for consistent bad makeup days. I was tired of my EL melting off by the end of the day and having to drop $100.00+ for basics of foundation, concealer and powder. I've used it all. Nothing has ever pleased me.

Until now.

I'm thoroughly impressed with this product! It goes on silky and smooth, and COVERS my capillaries. I also tend to have fair skin, so most of the time cheaper makeups do NOT match my tone. The color Sand matched perfectly whereas I always have to get the lightest available in EL or Lancome. It stays on ALL DAY. It doesn't rub off. It comes off cleanly with a little cleanser. It doesn't settle into my fine lines and I'm just thrilled. I am finally able to save money AND look nice.

All the girls at my office have also commented and I've directed them right to this product!

on 3/1/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

my overall rating is 2, price is a 4, packaging is a 3, and i will not purchase. i dont bother about the staying power but i think its way to orange, in thevl lightest shade, as far as i know i wear nc15 in mac. i sampled a little onto my palmand walked out of the store with it being too tan for my skin. the texture of it is stickyish and dries fast. i am aiming for the fit me one which i find better in color.

on 2/13/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have VERY dry skin, and it's hard for me to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin look cakey or just plain gross. I was using colorstay before, but because I live in Alaska, my skin is worst than it was before. So I found this at my local Walmart for $8ishh and i'm glad that I purchased this! The shade it perfect for me, I wear this foundation over my hard candy primer, and you can barely see my pores! I love this foundation! For me it gives off a satin finish rather than dewy or matte. I top is off with Fitme pressed powder! I will be repurchasing this again!

on 2/13/2011 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in classic ivory and it turned my face orange and instantly make my face look powdery. It made the dry spots on my face look super noticeable and cakey it just looked BAD!!