Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 2/17/2011 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Ugh, what a disaster. This is one of the worst products I've ever encountered. It's packaged in a pen form, with a felt-tip maker-style applicator. Mine felt like a DRIED OUT felt tip-marker, and like a dried out marker, it could barely form a line (At the time, I thought I might have just had one from a bad batch, but based on the other reviews, the product as a whole is terrible). This was a flat-out waste of $8, and being someone who almost never returns makeup, it says a lot that I returned this for a refund.

on 2/7/2011 5:59:00 PM

Got this in a package with another eyeliner. It was my first liquid eyeliner. Not only does it wash off super easy, it is hard (literally), and difficult to manage. Looks great if you've taken your time and the color didn't bleed. During the first uses, the color barely came off. Works better now that I've been using it. I do have to praise the thin shape of the tip. It's easier to make a thinner line around the inner corners. I just wish I didn't have to do several coats to get this to look right.

**Make sure you snap the cap on all the way.

on 1/29/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Buy this if you love paying 7 dollars for a disaster waiting to happen. The reason I bought it is because I've always been satisfied with the ColorStay line.. the foundation is awesome, the pencil/liquid liners are fantastic.. why would this be any different? The pen itself is great, the tip makes for precise and smooth application.. but the formula? WHY! I bought it in blackest black.. unfortunatly it seems dried out and when you do get the color flowing it is a streaky NON-OPAQUE mess! I gave it the benefit of the doubt and assumed I bought an old one or something, but checked in with MUA and found that my experience with this is consistent with tons of others here. Save your money, ladies. There are great d/s liquid liners out there but this one is awful.

on 1/27/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Thought I would give this a try because it is cheap.
When will I learn my lesson?!
Liner smudges all over the place and has really WEAK color! Grosse liner:(.
Should have known better to stray from my Geisha Ink Liner. Nothing has been as amazing...My HG...should not keep trying new products but I can't help it!

on 1/21/2011 9:02:00 AM

I bought this today and got really excited about it. I was actually planning to buy the MAC Blacktrack Fluid Line or the Stila Smudge Pot but when I was walking around at a drugstore and found out that it was on sale, I totally didn't hesitate to purchase this! I tried this on right away when I got home and I was really disappointed when I found out that it SMUDGES VERY EASILY! It smudges all over after like 2-3 hours and I REALLY HATE IT!!! The color that I bought was blackest black and sad to say that it is not that really pigmented! It turns out to be gray after a couple of hours and again it SMUDGES ALL OVER! I totally love the other revlon color stay products but this one?? Basically your average crappy liquid liner! I regret buying this! Waste of money! It costs $12 here in the philippines and t'was really pricey for a drugstore product! Totally won't repurchase again and will just purchase the MAC blacktrack fluid line instead in the future :l

on 1/8/2011 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a free gift from Sephora and that's about the only positive I have regarding this product. I have used ELF liquid eyeliner pens in the past and I liked them, but this was horrible. I am absolutely awful at apply regular old liquid eyeliner and I was no better with this pen. I don't know what it was but whenever I tried to apply it, it bled all into my eye and made a huge mess. Whatever it was, this was just a godawful eyeliner. Do not recommend it at all.

on 12/31/2010 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

pro: staying power, it doesn't smear
con: it is hard to apply it, the color doesn't show at all.

on 12/31/2010 2:04:00 AM

I'm really suprised everyone dislikes this so much. The only bad thing i could really say about it is that you do have to go over it a few times to get it as black as i like it. I really enjoyed how much control I had over the "pen" and it didn't smudge or fade at all.

on 12/31/2010 1:50:00 AM

This product was alright. It requires multiple applications in order to appear black. The staying power wasn't good but it wasn't bad. It's expensive for what it is, in my opinion, but if you can score it on sale it will probably be worth the money. Overall, just meh.

on 12/31/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Picked this up on a whim because Revlon is a pretty reliable brand in my opinion. It's definitely NOT something I would purchase again. I bought Black, and for me, it was one of those liners where you have to go over the line a couple of times before getting that solid black. So to make things short:

Pros:
-easy to remove yet doesn't smudge otherwise
-pen tip makes for really thin lines

Cons:
-colour is a bit weak (I bought Black)
-found it actually sort of painful applying the first time because the pen tip was really hard &sharp
-quite hard to achieve that cat eye/wing effect because:
-the pen tip is rock hard (not at all like brush in your typical liquid eye liner; basically, no flexibility whatsoever)

It's a decent eyeliner for someone who doesn't like to apply it bold and thick?