April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Ntuitive1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I don't get the bad reviews of this product. I'm 52 years old, have used EVERYTHING many times over and know a good product when I see one. That said, I think that if you are a novice with using pen eyeliners you're going to have difficulty with this until you get the feel of it. I did not have a problem getting it to draw a very thin, black, totally unbroken opaque line, but then again I have been using liners like this for decades longer than many reviewers on this site have been alive ('nuff said). Also, I think a lot of people have been using products that either were old and dried out or settled to the other end of the tube (two things you would not know were an issue if you had just started using the product). Fortunately the pen I have been using has not had this issue. I would recommend shaking it before use or storing it at an angle that would allow the product to settle toward the tip end if you find that it's not writing very well (just like you would with any pen, really). I also have a feeling that some users are wearing very heavy eyeshadow which is interfering with getting a decent dark line or else they are not using enough pressure in putting it on.

What's more is that it's great for contact lens wearers. It doesn't bleed nor smudge one bit nor cause any sensitivity. And I have very oily skin and usually have trouble with liners smudging and bleeding all over the place, too. I will admit that before I go to bed after a full day (a very long full day) I do notice that it has thinned out somewhat and looks a bit transparent but that's not a problem because it lasts the entire day I'm out wearing it in public anyway. I got this as a gift with a purchase and honestly, I would never have tried this product on my own because I've had sensitivity issues with other Revlon liners in the past, but none with this one.

Anyway, I think this is an excellent product and I have often been skeptical about Revlon, so that says a lot right there.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this as a gwp, so i wont complain. I think its a good basic liquid eyeliner. I have to get the line in the first time, because i cant seem to get over it because it smudges my first attempt. I have to be really quick with the eyeliner too. However, it stays all day and worth finishing the product. thanks revlon for the gwp.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by adOrk_aBLe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Turns gray and smudges quickly..Love the idea of the pen though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SexiXLex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow it's funny how there's a lot of bad reviews on this product because i love it !
I was never a fan of liquid liners when i was younger but when i tried this i loved it and it stays on for a long time even if you sleep with it on it's still there in the morning! for a bold line you'll probably have to go over it twice but i like this product because it's not too liquidy and black like liquid liners, and amazingly, it washes off very easy. I would definately buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this pen. The point is so skinny and awesome, prefect for pinpoint precision. The liquid sometimes runs out when your applying it, but I just wet the tip and I'm good again. It's lasted me about a month so far and I use it a few times a week. It also doesn't dry or crackle once you actually apply it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by beautybum

I generally love colorstay products but this eyeliner is terrible! i don't know if it was just the one i bought, but the colour (i bought the black one) shows up light and faded, an almost sheer browny grey colour. I wanted to try a felt tip liquid liner but this one was far to big and bulky and didn't distribute the product well, I had to go over it MANY times to even get a solid line. It would be alright for a smudgy black look but I could get a $2 kohl pencil for that instead of paying $11CAD, what a rip off. The only pro to this product is that i didn't even have to use makeup remover to get rid of it, just rubbed it off completely with my finger- no staying power whatsoever. I will not repurchase.
p.s-it smells a bit light sour milk

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the 03 Blackened Brown on a whim. Overall, this eyeliner isn't worth its price.
The felt-tip on the pen is relatively large and the liquid doesn't come out easily, so the very tip is always completely dry. It is impossible to draw a thin line with just the tip, one has to draw with the side of the pen, resulting in a thick and uneven line.
The liquid itself also has a tendency to flake, so the liner doesn't last very long.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by SweetTartx3

Piece of crap. no pigment. hard to apply. HATE ITTT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I bought this awhile ago, used a handful of times and then it sat...until recently! I started using the gel liners, but found they smudged horribly on me so I grabbed this. I can't believe I didn't use it before! I love it! I'm surprised about the reviews regarding the opaqueness. My goes on perfectly and dark. No issues with color payoff. I find the "marker" is easy to control and gives the perfect "winged" look. Just takes a little practice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by bikinipeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this eyeliner pen extremely easy to use. When I am trying to achieve a 60s winged eye look, it does the job nicely. I do have to retrace my line once or twice to get that bold, dark line, but it has staying power. For $10CAD, it's a bargain.