Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

What a horrible experience. The worst liner ever. I bought this liner about 2 years a go, and it was a total waste of money.
I bougt it in what was suppose to be black, but actually was a very pale gray-ish color. The formula was very dry. When I tries to put a second coat, it just smudged and erased the first one.
The tip was very stiff and hard to handle.
It was also suppose to be ColorStay, but it lasted only for about 2 hours, and then I had grey circles around my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this one thinking it would be as good in lasting power as my Canmake or Dollywink eyeliner marker pens. Or even as good in staying power as MAC/Revlon's regular felt tip liquid eyeliners. But no! I was so disappointed when it smeared with just regular WATER! Thats right folks. all it took for this to smudge on my eyes/hands was a drop of water. at the end of the day and a bit of drizzle I looked like a wannabe emo chick. Save your money and get the japanese ones for the same price!

Also note: the blackest Black color comes on me a dark grey. I have fair skin currently with normal eyelids, so this didnt smear on me due to oil for sure.

If I could give this eyeliner a 0 I would. There is just so much better out there for the same price or less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This eyeliner pen is garbage. It cost $13.55 at Shoppers with tax included. I was excited to put it on thinking that application would be great since it was like applying eyeliner with a marker. I also expected to get bold, black color considering I bought the shade "Blackest Black". I was really disappointed with this. First of all, application is not easy. I am not new at applying eyeliner and can do a really good job with both regular pencil eyeliners and liquid liners that have a brush. But this just made my lines look really uneven. It was hard to get a nice, straight line and especially hard to get right by the lash line for some reason. Also, considering that this shade was called "Blackest Black" it is unacceptable for it to come out a very soft black/dark grey colour. I can't stand soft black eyeliners. If it says Blackest Black, I expect it really to be like that! I honestly rarely return make-up products, but I had to return this right away. I am so happy I was able to get my money back as this crappy product is NOT worth almost $15.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It has taken me a while to warm up to this one. I bought it in Dark Brown, and at first I was extremely unhappy about how light it went on. However, further experimentation led me to understand that 1) it works more like a pencil than a pen, and 2) multiple coats are necessary to get the intensity/longevity I need. I also like the way it applies under my eyes; I lightly buff it with my finger before it dries for more of a smokey look. Now I can live with it. However, if you are expecting big, doe eyed application in one swipe, you will be disappointed. It does wears well. If you tend to be in a hurry with your eyeliner, or want a super intense line, look elsewhere.

I bought this after I had a lot of problems with the Smashbox pen liner. It dried out really quickly.

This one I have few problems with. I tend to have to wet the tip a bit to make sure it glides on smoothly, which is not a huge deal to me. I do have to go over it a couple of times to get it as black as I want, but that doesn't really take up a lot of time.

I'm a fan of the pen kind of liquid liner. The ones that have the small pot tend to be harder to control with their longer handle and the inability to hold it right near the applicator to get good control. I always do my liner in dashes or draw the top of the line and fill in diagonally to ensure it gets in the lash line.

I have fairly oily eyelids, which is kind of a weird problem to have. I do end up with some smudging in my crease by the end of the day, but it's easy to wipe off if I'm out somewhere, and it's not extremely noticeable.

I may try something else, but my options are limited with my pen applicator preference, price limitations and a lack of stores in which to buy makeup.

I really love this product. I was really surprised at how many people hate it. i think i must have gotten a good one.It has awsome control, only one swipe across the lid and its really black and it lasted a long time. I always use a primer and base so maybe that has something to do with it but I really love this product along with the rest of the colorstay line.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This eyeliner was one of the worst I had bought of my life! I had bought this in last december for christmas because I would have an eyeliner with more lasting and I though this was perfect. BIG MISTAKE! Immediately I beginning to apply this on my led, I had to spend 3 times for the color was black not grey.

I don't recommend this product especially when he costs 10$ and more. In Canada, he cost 11$ approximately. Mine, he was on sale at 7.50$ I think.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Ugh, what a disaster. This is one of the worst products I've ever encountered. It's packaged in a pen form, with a felt-tip maker-style applicator. Mine felt like a DRIED OUT felt tip-marker, and like a dried out marker, it could barely form a line (At the time, I thought I might have just had one from a bad batch, but based on the other reviews, the product as a whole is terrible). This was a flat-out waste of $8, and being someone who almost never returns makeup, it says a lot that I returned this for a refund.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this in a package with another eyeliner. It was my first liquid eyeliner. Not only does it wash off super easy, it is hard (literally), and difficult to manage. Looks great if you've taken your time and the color didn't bleed. During the first uses, the color barely came off. Works better now that I've been using it. I do have to praise the thin shape of the tip. It's easier to make a thinner line around the inner corners. I just wish I didn't have to do several coats to get this to look right.

**Make sure you snap the cap on all the way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Buy this if you love paying 7 dollars for a disaster waiting to happen. The reason I bought it is because I've always been satisfied with the ColorStay line.. the foundation is awesome, the pencil/liquid liners are fantastic.. why would this be any different? The pen itself is great, the tip makes for precise and smooth application.. but the formula? WHY! I bought it in blackest black.. unfortunatly it seems dried out and when you do get the color flowing it is a streaky NON-OPAQUE mess! I gave it the benefit of the doubt and assumed I bought an old one or something, but checked in with MUA and found that my experience with this is consistent with tons of others here. Save your money, ladies. There are great d/s liquid liners out there but this one is awful.