Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 5/16/2008 6:59:00 AM

Mademoiselle is a classy, pale pink that people rave about when I wear it. It does suit my skin tone but I think it could make some people look un-dead. I found it easy to apply, no streaks, no brush strokes which is always good for a pale polish.

on 4/27/2008 2:26:00 AM

I'm a fairly pale skinned brunette who leans cool-toned. This color gives me something VERY close to the dreaded corpse fingers...a dead sheer pink that doesn't have a SHRED of lavender in it but somehow does the same thing and sheer lavenders do..dead, cloudy corpse-eye tip.

Two coats looks very unnatural...shiny and milky, which I dig, but somehow wrong on my cool toned skin. For the record, I'm a huge fan of dark colors and I'm more forgiving with them...for pale sheers, sheesh, I'm demanding. OPI's bubble bath was too peachy & warm; OPI's Sweet Memories was too lavender; Mademoiselle is too fakey pink (all three of these are major sheers...told ya, I'm picky). Perfection for my skin tone is OPI's Sweet Heart (milky pink but not as "dead" as Mademoiselle). continued >>

on 4/14/2008 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This polish is nothing special. I don't get all the hype. If you're looking for a nail polish that makes your nails look shiny and groomed, sure, Essie's Mademoiselle does the trick but personally, I rather use a more nude color than waste my time with Mademoiselle. One coat makes my nails look shiny with the tiniest hint of pink. In fact, it actually looks like I have clear nail polish on. Two coats gives my nails a pinkish-white color. Anymore than two coats washes me out and looks horrible. FYI, I have light to medium-colored skin.

Oh, lastly, the feel of the polish is really smooth once it's dry. I compared it to my Chanel polishes that feel sticky after they dry, and hands down, Essie is better.

on 4/14/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this polish! It's very light pink without being too white or too bubblegum. It goes on nicely and lasts for days. I'm planning on wearing it on my wedding day.

on 4/4/2008 11:46:00 AM

A very good color. The polish lasts. Essie has a wide selection of nail polishes and fair prices. Most nail salons carry them also. A very good hue.

on 3/24/2008 1:05:00 PM

I'm on to my third bottle of this, it is the perfect sheer pink for my nails. I usually do a french manicure with this teamed with Essie's marshmallow on the tips which looks gorgeous. If i'm short on time one coat of mademoiselle makes my hands look pretty, clean and manicured.
Essie polishes are my favourites as they just seem to last ages on me, I have tred OPI and although I like them and the colour choice they just don't last as long.
Mademoiselle is my HG colour for nails and french mani's I couldn't live without it!

on 3/22/2008 10:20:00 PM

Essie's Mademoiselle nail polish has officially replaced my former favorite pale pink neutral, OPI Bubble Bath. I like the color better - not as milky as Bubble Bath but a pink with more clarity - very classic look and perfect for manicures. It doesn't chip as easily as Bubble Bath and isn't as streaky. What more can you ask for?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dear Essie Mademoiselle,
This is why beauty editors rave about you: First, you're a very subtle color that just exudes subtle prettiness. Second, you don't chip easily. Thirdly, you dry quickly. And fourth, you're versatile. You work as a mani or pedi and is flattering on most skin tones. I see you as the Audrey Hepburn of the polishes: graceful, simple, classy, and reliable.
Sincerely,
me

on 3/19/2008 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Thought it was overhyped-- saw it in a magazine awhile ago and decided to try it~ It seems to wash me out (asian light-med skintone) and was very sheer, I actually prefer Ballet Slippers over this one!

on 3/1/2008 5:17:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite nail polish!! I love this color soooo much! It is sooo pretty. It is a really light pastel pink that is so pretty on my nails. I think this would look good on paler skinned gals because it is a whitish pink color. Only need to apply 2 coats to achieve the color of the bottle but when I want a more natural color, even one coat is enough. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and DEFINITELY A HG!!

Popular Polishes