December 21, 2014 | 1698 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lilgraci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Thought it was overhyped-- saw it in a magazine awhile ago and decided to try it~ It seems to wash me out (asian light-med skintone) and was very sheer, I actually prefer Ballet Slippers over this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 5:17:00 AM More reviews by saexhee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite nail polish!! I love this color soooo much! It is sooo pretty. It is a really light pastel pink that is so pretty on my nails. I think this would look good on paler skinned gals because it is a whitish pink color. Only need to apply 2 coats to achieve the color of the bottle but when I want a more natural color, even one coat is enough. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and DEFINITELY A HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by bstyle

I was using this polish all the time on my hands i wear my nails as an american manicure. This i put on the back off the nail and off white on the tips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by missweetp

Essie is my favorite brand of nail polish and Mademoiselle is my favorite shade. I have fair skin that tans and Mademoiselle is the most flattering shade of polish I've tried. It's opaque enough that it gives my nails a creamy, pale pink color, but translucent enough that the whites show through. When I'm wearing it, it looks like I have a very subtle French manicure. Actually, people often think I've had a French manicure when I'm wearing it. I often get it applied at a salon, but I find it easy to apply myself without creating streaks too. I've tried Ballet Slippers. I like it, but much prefer Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle is a creamy, semi-opaque pink, whereas Ballet Slippers is almost white (I barely detect pink in it when I have it on) and much more opaque. Even though I love the way this polish looks, I only gave it a four out of five (and will probably not repurchase) as I prefer to use Priti polish (Priti Organic Spa) as I know it doesn't contain formaldehyde, toluene or phthalates.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by funnygirl131

A sheer pinkish white color. I use about 2 coats to achieve the bottle color. its a very pretty and soft manicured look especially on my short nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by MizLiz211

In general, I prefer OPI for bright or dark nail polishes and Essie for neutral ones. I'm on my third bottle of Mademoiselle. It's the perfect light pink that makes my nails look neat and quietly elegant. Three coats give me good color coverage, and it lasts well. I prefer lighter shades like this one for work because red nails tend to leave red marks when they accidentally rub against paper - very annoying if you have to turn in something important.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

I finally bought a bottle after constantly hearing reviews about this as a perfect pink. I'm quite disappointed though. The consistency is similar to my other Essie colors and fairly chip resistant, but it is SO sheer! I have found that it takes a lot of coats before the color resembles anywhere close to the bottle color. With Mademoiselle, it is so sheer on me that it goes on clear practically. It takes at least 4 coats to get any sort of color build-up. I was a bit disappointed since I was looking for a nice natural pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by jrpagv

I hate Essie nailpolishes. IMO, Essie is the worst polish I've ever tried. Much worse than OPI and drugstore brands! It chips so easily and looks awful on my nails after only a day or two. Mademoiselle would be pretty if it wasn't so streaky and difficult to apply nicely. I really hate that I've had no luck with Essie polishes. I'll be sticking with OPI from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kmajewski

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my faves in polish. I have very fair skin - at first i though this polish would get lost next to my fair skin. I have very short nails and short nail beds. One coat of this polish keeps my nails looking very clean and natural. In the summer, when i do tan - this polish is great on my toes - 2 coats.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yet another over-hyped product. I swapped for this after years of seeing it mentioned in magazines as one the best neutral colored nail polishes on the market. I've tried other Essie nail colors, and while I appreciate that they all go on streak free and have great shine, I don't like the sheerness of them - particularly Mademoiselle. I applied two heavy handed coats of Mademoiselle, and it still looks very blah on me. Maybe this looks better on someone with a warmer skin tone - I'm extremely fair and this color just gets lost next to my skin.