Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 8/18/2008 12:27:00 AM

I abolsutely love this product. Due to the price its not cheap and I've tried to use cheaper products to replace it but I just cant! The color perfectly matches my skin, doesnt give me break outs and its great it if I want to switch from light to heavy coverage without looking obvious. It is definitely worth every penny and I will never go back to buying cheaper foundations. This product and the powder foundation - photogenic is great as well!

on 8/13/2008 2:55:00 AM

This is seriously the one makeup product I cannot live without if they ever discontinued it I would be very sad. I have used this since high school, and I go through one about every three months (I use a brush and that's why it goes so fast, but it last longer if you use the sponge) so it can get pretty pricey. I sponge on a thin layer of liquid foundation and then brush this on with a powder brush. I understand that this is also a foundation and that maybe for some people it feels ''heavy'' on their skin, but I sponge a small amount of liquid foundation on just to ensure that my skin tone is even and the end result is flawless. It goes on so evenly, and it never fails to work for me. Also, to anyone who has ivory skin that is hard to match, this is a product I would highly recommend. This has never ever made me look orange. I think everyone should try this but especially fair people who have a very hard time finding a product that doesn't make them look like an oopma loopa.

on 8/12/2008 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Iam so in love with this product. All you need is to wear moisturizer and either sponge on or brush on the powder for an all day flawless look.Price isnt that bad if you consider the size of the product at 19 grams versus 12 grams of my old clinique powder(perfectly real compact). This one also has last me eight months so far and I stil have enough product for another month or so. I will keep buying this product my coworkers are also inlove with it and stock up incase we run out....or leave one at home and carry one with us at all time. Dont know what i would do without this amazing product. btw I have combination skin.

on 7/30/2008 3:34:00 PM

This is the only makeup I use for coverage on my face. I don't wear foundation but this seems to do the job. First, i add moisturizer, followed by DHC velvet skin coat primer and then I use the dry sponge to powder my face. It gives a light to medium coverage. However, I am disappointed that it does not come with SPF.

on 7/19/2008 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

when i went to macys to buy this, it seems pretty good when the lady put it on me. but when i went home and put it on with the sponge (2 included), it looked soooo powdery and so noticeable.also the omg old lady smell, it didnt smell when the lady put it on!!?? but i applied with a make up brush the next day,lightly,and patted my face because of the powdery look and it didnt last. i applied it around 1pm and probably 1 hour later it was oily and powdery in areas and you could see it was a little cakey. the lady at the counter said it would last all day, but NO not for me

on 6/16/2008 6:14:00 PM

I had to get this in the fragranced version because they didn't have my color in fragrance free, so the first thing is that I really don't like the old lady scent. And it lasts too, unfortunately. Also, this didn't stay on very well (I had to constantly reapply during the day) and I think it really made my break-outs worse. So, back to the store it goes, even though it is the perfect color match.

on 6/4/2008 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite! I've used this product off and on for years. I use it dry on bare skin, and it provides good coverage. I've tried to wet the sponge and apply it that way, but it seems "streaky" to me. I've read some of the other reviews that say it is too "heavy" when applied over foundation...that's because this IS foundation! It's not meant to be worn over anything else. There is a frangrance to it however, so it might not be best for sensitive skin.

on 5/28/2008 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. It covers the dark marks and redness that I need to hide while still looking like my skin. It works well over a light moisturizer or a foundation, and it looks great applied with a brush (MAC 109 or 182 for full coverage, 187 for light coverage) or a damp sponge. The best thing is that it keeps my skin looking matte for hours. I have very oily acne prone skin and I was a little worried because one of the first ingredients listed was mineral oil, but I've been using this for a couple of weeks and it hasn't given me a single pimple. I just wish that it was less expensive and refillable.

on 5/27/2008 1:31:00 PM

I love this powder it gives a reat coverage( covers natural rosey cheeks and uneven tone!) and I can hardly feel it when am usually one of those people who wears something in their face and start sweating.

My only cons are:
The price and no refils. This package is very strong and it sadness me that for the price ( I paid $29.50 a splurge for a grad student pocket and I will never do it again unless am working) I can not even reuse the package that contains the powder. Is very good and sturdly, yet light . Is sad that Lancome does not offer powder refills to a great compact one of the strongest that I've seen.

on 5/15/2008 2:05:00 PM

So cakey! I needed a powder to set my foundation, but this was almost like putting foundation on top of foundation, it was so very heavy...if you like a lot of makeup and coverage, this will do the trick...but if I already have foundation on, I don't want more makeup, I just want something to set it..i now use MAC mineralize powder which is absolutely wonderful, it's very light and luminous & sets my foundation perfectly