July 28, 2014 | 2046 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by doublee1990

I purchased this powder in the unscented option. I use it to set my Teint Idol foundation, also by Lancome. I like the matte finish and it makes my foundation last through the majority of the day. I find this powder very comparable to the Chanel powder I was using that was unfortunately discontinued:( Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It works for my oily skin. It has matte effect which is what I just need.It lasts the whole day. It doesn't go cakey on me. It looks very natural if you have the exact right shade. The shade is just ok for me. I'm not feeling it for 100 %. It doesn't have SPF. That's why I gave only 4 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ConcertoGrosso

I've been using this for a couple of years and am very happy with it. I've tried other powder foundations like Chanel, MAC, MUFE, but like this one more because it provides a smooth and matte finish without looking thick or emphazing pores.

A lot of people complained that this is expensive. It has 19 grams of powder and lasted me more than a year (I use it daily with powder brush and use the sponge when I travel). If you look at $$$ per gram, this is slightly more expensive than MAC, but a lot cheaper than Chanel, MUFE, LM.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by smash007

I can't believe people don't love the smell of this. Hmmmmm, anyway, this is a great foundation that can be used two different ways. In the summer, I tend to just use the puff and apply it as a sheer powder for touch-ups, but in the drier months, I wet the sponge a bit and apply it as a thicker foundation over my moisturizer. Love it. Sometimes your skin needs a little change so I will use Chanel Double Perfection, but it tends to get dry and cakey. So, I definitely recomment the Dual Finish from Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh I hate it when I am wrong! I wrote a review talking about how I dislike this. I have retried this, and it looks beautiful on. The color matches my skin and melts into my skin. I make sure my skin is well moisturized, and it doesn't accentuate any dry areas. I don't like the fragrance, but I can get the FF next time. I changed to will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kerry12

I have been using this for 20 years as a powder over my foundation. I realize it is supposed to be a foundation itself, but I use it as a pressed powder. I have strayed to other high end powders (even Cle De Peau) and still go back to this one. It makes my skin look so much better than any other powder I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by db001990

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my good ole stand buys, I first discovered it when I was 25 years old, I'm now 43. I'm going to Sephora tomorrow and will be picking up "Matt Buff". Can't go wrong. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by jhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This love pressed powder. I have been using this one for SO many years! It works beautifully, both wet and dry. It doesn't look cakey on the skin. I have tried many other pressed powders, because I want to look at a new case (!), but I always return to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Cherilu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered this in my late teens--early 20's. Now I am 52. The best idea and product for my combo skin with flaws--ever. My HG.

It covers the large pores in my t-zone, broken capillaries and discoloration. Gives me a flawless face to paint as I like, as a foundation should. I don't worry about touch up and it never changes color.

I use the sponge and apply dry. Sometimes the compact doesn't close with the sponge. In 30 years, I've had one hinge break.

I pretty much consider this foundation, my face!

If I ever become unhappy with it, I will try to changing moisturizers or application because there isn't a foundation that ever will work better.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not the best face powder but I really like it. It is supposed to be a face powder/powder foundation. Of all the powders Ive used I like Erno Laszlo duo phase face powder and this one the best, probably duophase is even better.

It is a nice big compact with a big mirror in it. I actually use the puff inside to smooth it on top of foundation (teint idole ultra) although I know a lot of people dont like the puff (its not really useful if you're trying to apply this as a foundation).

I like dual finish because it masks my pores , like Teint idole, but in powder form. It doesnt make my skin oily and it doesnt change color on my skin, which is great. I wish it stayed on longer (I usually have to touch up after about three or four hours, but that is the average with any powder I have tried even mattifying powders). That said, it doesnt make me look fake or overly mattified. The ultimate redeeming quality of this powder is its versatility: it can be used to add more coverage, for a light sheer layer over foundation, or for touch ups.

Also, it is hella expensive in my opinion...its as expensive as a liquid foundation which a powder fndtn shud never be even if it claims to be superior to liquid. Liquid fndtns just last me a lot longer, even though I use powder less, so shelling out like 36 bucks or whatever for this is pretty gruesome.