August 1, 2014 | 1282 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

After looking around the web for several weeks on facial contouring w/ makeup, I began my hunt for a matte bronzer that wouldn't look uber dark on my NW15 skin. My only other benefit item in the past was dandelion, which is a bubblegum pink blusher with light shimmer. It looks great on pale skin tones.
The way I got my hoola bronzer was in benefit's "Legally Bronze" kit. This kit is still for sale at Sephora, and it's $38 for a full size hoola, high beam, BADgal brown mascara, and gilded highlighter pencil. That's a huge bargain for 4 full size benefit products.
Hoola is a nice matte bronzer that is quite concentrated, so if you have fair skin like I do, you really need to be careful not to get too heavy handed with it. It does run slightly orangey on me, but like I said, I am super pale. I know many people dislike the box packaging benefit uses for their bronzers and blushers, and I am one of them. However, paper is more environmentally friendly than plastic, so the box isn't a huge deal to me.
When I first applied hoola to contour my cheekbones, I didn't like it much. It looked muddy and obvious. But! I learned that was definitely user error. I purchased e.l.f.'s studio angled blush brush, and it works like a dream. I now have perfectly contoured cheekbones. So tools matter, and practice is needed as well.
Now, since I've said such good things about this bronzer, it may seem puzzling why I took off a lippie and said I would not repurchase. That's because I couldn't see myself spending $28 on a bronzer. Even this one. I know there are many other bronzers that would work just as well for my purposes, but for a lot less money. The only reason I have this bronzer, even though it is wonderful, is because it came in a kit that was such a bargain.
If you don't care to spend the money, this is a great contouring bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I like this bronzer, but for me it is a little more high maintenance than my HG, Tarte Park Avenue Princess. It goes on my skin looking harsh and I have to blend it in alot more, rather than layer it up. I tend to put it on with a very fluffy brush for lighter application and then blend it out with a powder brush. But it works on my very fair skin, just takes some extra elbow grease.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by DeeDeena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this bronzer. Looks natural and beautiful on. The packaging is cute, but tbh there's no point of the little brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the best make up purchases I ever made! I use this daily for contouring and warming up my face. I'm roughly NC15 and while NYx Taupe e.g. just looks dirty on me, Benefit Hoola is my absolute HG!! It lasts all day,too. Loves this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by karen360

LOVE this bronzer. It's got a little bit of shimmer in it, but barely noticeable.
Love the packaging as well and the price is fairly decent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Sarah0608

I was excited to try this bronzer due to all of the great reviews, but it just didn't work on my skin. No matter how I tried to apply it (light hand, heavier hand, for contouring, or as an all over bronzer) it just looked blah. It gave me a dirty, almost unhealthy look to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by randomchik98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this bronzer for christmas. I love it! Its a beautiful shade for my fair-medium skin. I don't use this all over my face, I use it for conturing and its pure bliss to work with! I think this works great with the real techniques contour brush. As far as packaging goes I can't really comment as I got this in the double the powder set and it has the old packaging. I don't mind the packaging at all. Just buying this! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for a very natural, completely matte bronzer then the best two out there are Benefit Hoola & Bobbi Brown.

I use both of these on a daily basis as I use Bobbi Brown (a red-toned bronzer) to very lightly put colour on my face and then I use Benefit Hoola (a grey-toned bronzer) to contour as it creates a natural-looking shadow under the cheekbones and around the nose/jaw.
This bronzer looks very natural even on my NW20 skin and feels very luxurious on. Very finely milled and smooth when applied.
I would recommend this bronzer as it looks great on and is an ideal contouring product but the pricetag is hefty. 20+ for 8g of product isn't enough for me, I wouldn't mind finding a similar product for a better price.

The packaging is ok. It's a tiny, flipbox with an even tinier mirror but I do actually get use out of the brush that comes with it. Like most people do, I usually throw out the brush that comes with some products but this one works really well for contouring and none of the bristles have fallen out... Yet.

I would continue to repurchase if I couldn't find a better priced dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What can I say that hasn't already been said before-this is THE bronzer to get-absolutely no shimmer or glitter. It is a good, build-able shade that works for me and I'm very pale. Works well as a contour shade as well. My only complain is the box-I hate it. The one I have has the lid that comes completely off and I find it hard to stick my giant fluffy bronzing brush in it. The little brush it came with is worthless as well. But that's just the packaging. The powder inside is gold :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lukeyb

Adore this product! Contouring holy grail for me. I'm fair skinned and yes if you use too much it can look dirty but with the right amount is just perfect for contouring. The packaging stinks and I typically don't pay a lot for make up. However this is worth the price ($28 at Ulta) for me.