April 18, 2014 | 930 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first matte bronzer I ever bought and I really do love it. But beware, this stuff is super pigmented, in the winter when im basically porcelain, a little goes a looong way. I like this more for contouring, I feel like a light shimmer bronzer looks better on me in the summer time so I save Hoola for the winter months when I want a more sculpted look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynmarieexoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is nice. I find myself only using it on my chest and neck though because the color is so dark and can turn muddy on your face verrrry quickly. It just never looks natural on my face. But i love using it on my body. I won't repurchase it though just because I can find a similar bronzer for much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been obsessed with this for 11 years.. Because it was the best matte bronzer I could find and I used to really be into benefit products. But I'm so fair that this ended up looking ruddy if I didn't work with it n apply it correctly. If you're warm toned, get on this. If not, you'll look like an oompa loompa

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by honeybb

I like it. With a light application, it is the perfect matte bronzer. BUT the packaging drives me nutso. Why is it square? with such high sides? in a PAPER box? don't even get me started on that cruddy excuse for a brush.
NYC bronzer in Sunny is nearly identical in color, and under $3. Buy that instead. Learned that from another mua-er --thank you!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by xoxoCK

Love the shade of this bronzer and the fact that it is matte. Perfect for everyday, or to naturally bronze up your face for the evening. I took off one lippie because I hate the packaging, hard to swirl a brush inside the square, high edged, cardboard container.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by annielynnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this bronzer. I was not a fan of bronzers before trying Hoola because the ones I tried were all shimmery which looks unnatural or they were way too dark for me. I am fair skinned and while Hoola looks pretty dark to me in the pan, it actually looks really good on my skin. I feel that I only need a little but can build it up, it applies really evenly for me and blends well. It is matte and therefore looks very natural for bronzer OR contouring. I got this in the Legally Bronze kit at Sephora for $38. It comes with 4 full size items and is an exceptional deal that I highly recommend. With that in mind and despite how much I like this bronzer, I would not pay full price for it ($28). Also, the brush it comes with is a joke and should be immediately thrown out. Would I buy this again? Absolutely, but only in a kit or on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by justinabrooks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so confused on how I feel about this bronzer. Some days when I apply it lightly all over, it gives my face that beautiful matte tan look, but when I try to contour, it looks very patchy and muddy. I don't know if I'm applying wrong or what. The price was good for a "high end" bronzer. I've tried to apply to contour with every brush. Maybe it's just my brushes, I don't know. Oddly, I love the way it smells! And the packaging just makes me happy :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I am fair skinned (nc/nw 07-10) and I really like this as a bronzer color. If I apply it with a light hand I can kind of make it work for even my fair skin. A little goes a long way for me. It adds a nice warmth to my skin, especially when I am wearing medium to full coverage foundation. But BEWARE FAIR SKIN people, if you cannot apply this super lightly it will make you just look dirty.

It has a good pigment level, applies smoothly to my skin, and blends easily enough. I love that it is a matte shade. I don't have to worry about too much shimmer all over my face. My skin reflects the light enough, I honestly don't need more. Ha.

::edit:: in the end I got rid of this, I don't think it worked as well as I would like. Too warm for my skin tone. It made me look dirty in photos. I use nyx taupe for contouring, but I haven't found a bronzer yet.

I like the packaging. Sanitary, secure magnetic closure. I like the brush a lot too. I washed it as soon as I got it, it shed little during that wash, and has been wonderful since. I see why this is a cult classic.

But, as much as I do like it, I think I may only use it in the hight of summer. I am as dark as I can get and if I barely apply this it can be too dark it I am not super super super careful. I do wish benefit had another matte bronzer in a lighter skin tone. I think sugarbomb is actually much closer to what my skin actually looks like when I have been in the sun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by frckls

To start with, I'm right now somewhere in between NC30-NC35/Lucy Minerals 50-50 Creamy Bisque-Golden Medium/MAC F&B C3/Tarte TM "Agent 010". However, after I got tanned to NC35-NC40 in summer, I switched to MAC Espresso.

This, for me, is the PERFECT contouring colour for only under cheekbones, jaws, and temples. The color is yellowy-beige, which at first I thought is not cool enough to be a contouring color. It proved to be the one, giving me the muted contour that I like. With this on, my face looks contoured but very subtly. Most of my friends and my sisters don't realize I've done contouring until I told them, although they did notice something different.
However, on me this does not work well for nose and crease contouring. I use more chocolate MAC Wedge to do the job.

The product itself is lovely. I only need to tap my brush lightly on the surface. The product is not chalky and too powdery, very easy to blend. A little goes a long way. The surface does not harden as well from the moisture from my face that stuck on my brush like MAC's eyeshadows.

I'm not a fan of Benefit Box o Powder cardboard packaging, although I have to admit it's cute. I can imagine myself destroying it really easily. Luckily, I depot every powder product and put them in a palette, so the packaging can't bother me much.
But I don't appreciate Benefit keeping up the price and cutting down the amount of product. They thought they could compensate it with flip-top and mirror? That is called f*****g your loyal consumers.

I'm definitely looking to find a dupe from a more respectable brand. It's probably going to be hard as this is the most perfect contouring shade that I've tried. In the meantime, I have no choice but to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by beeps81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. I use it all year round. It looks so natural. I swipe a little under my check bone and onto my temples then I apply my blush over the apples of my cheeks. It gives great definition and doesn't look to bronze. LOVE IT!!