April 18, 2014 | 1957 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by mjuarez4683

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Colors are really pigmented and vibrant. Soo mnay looks that can be done with this palette!! I will order another as soon as I am out of this one, which almost seems impossible since there are soo many colors! I can't even recall how many compliments I have gotten on my makeup looks when using this palette, I have turned my sister-in-law and mom onto these palettes! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by momogul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mayb i would hab used this first, if i ddnt start on MACí
MAYb I hab Expensive taste hehehehe.....

I had this over mths, used once or twice only.
I sold to my teenager sis.

i wont buy this gain

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Kastilia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this along with the shimmer palette and lemme start with FAST SHIPPING, this thing has shipped and gotten here faster than any other product I have ordered online the the 7 years I've lived overseas.
The price is great and the colors are beautiful and pigmented. The packaging is very pretty and simple.
Not much more I could ask for.
I would definatly purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by badgirl780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

jhcchewy I couldn't have said it better myself and jessicastwin I agree 100%. I was so excited when it arrived but quickly disappointed after opening the box. One of the lipstick jar tops was scuffed, palette & lip cases looked worn, and the eyelash brush was rusted...leading me to believe they'd been used or recycled! That's repulsive to a germaphobe like me. The colors are cheap looking, small in quantity, low in quality, and come off just as quickly as you apply them. And they're definitely NOT made for black people or anybody else for that matter. In summary, this product blows and they will NEVER get my business again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this palette. Especially that it's so easy to travel with. I would not use the sponge applicators that it comes with but everything else about it is wonderful. The colors are super pigmented and you get so many colors without spending a lot of money. I will definitely buy again once I start hitting pan on more of the colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this palette along with the neutral palette and I must say I favor this palette more. There are just sooooo many colors on there and the quality is good since they are all quite pigmented so the color pay off is good :D Like many reviewers previously mention, this palette is a definite MUST if you are a starter and you just want to "play" with colors without breaking the bank. This is especially true if you watch youtube gurus and want to try their different looks, this palette pretty much allows you to do most of the looks without having to go buy 3-4 different (MAC/whatever brand) eyeshadows each time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by adidav9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered this a few months ago, used it a few times a week, and was generally happy with it because it meant I could play around with colors and not feel bad about wasting more expensive eyeshadows. The shadows in this palette have decent pigmentation and and pretty good lasting power over a primer. Of course, they can't rival higher end formulas and textures, but I would say they are about on par with most drugstore eyeshadows, and at a significantly lower price.

However, one day I dropped my palette and the entire top cover broke off. Moreover, most of the eyeshadows broke, resulting in a chalky mess that was a hassle to clean up.

I've dropped plenty of palettes before from that height, including drugstore and ELF products, and none of them have ever broken apart like that. I guess that's why this palette is so cheap - the plastic casing couldn't have cost more than 10 cents to produce, IMO. The sponge-tip applicators are worthless, and the mirror, though helpful, looks kind of tacky, just glued to the middle of the pan. I wish they had gotten rid of the applicators and used all that palette space for a larger mirror.

So while the eyeshadows themselves are nice to have, I feel like the cruddy packaging is a deterrent for me from repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by MichelleMorphine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely an amazing product. It has almost every color you could want. It blends semi-well. It is very cheap for all the colors it comes with although they are only a dime size each. It arrived in perfect condition, and it was fast to get to me. I would buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by shoreline02

I absolutely love this product! I have the original palette and there are some colors that are shimmer even though this is supposed to be the matte/satin finish or original palette. The color is payoff is amazing. I did not find them to be chalky at all which was my #1 concern. There are so many colors to pick from that I have now stopped paying $14.50 for one MAC eyeshadow. And I have actually compared several of my MAC shadows and found dups within this palette. I am now planning on getting the shimmer and warm palette to complete my set. I would most certainly recommend this to anyone, especially those who are on a budget. The quality is there and it is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

only negative comment i can make about this product is that the bloody hinge on one side of the palette broke so now its essenitally unhhinged and i have to be careful to put it away properly as it no longer has any hinge at all.

aside from that...go buy this now! i really should just copy paste my reviews on coastal scents palettes.

-pigmented pigmented pigmented
-dirt freakin cheap for what you get
-has some great staying power
-beautiful BRIGHT colours
this palette is seriosuly about putting some focus on your eyes so if youre not into bright, beware. bright pinks, teal, green,purple await! but there is also many subtle colours too, but if youre lookin primarily for subtle check out my upcomign review on the 88 warm palette.