April 20, 2014 | 943 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best quality primer made for the price. I have been using this constantly this Summer. I have combination skin, but the humidity makes my t-zone oily fast. I hate having to apply powder all the time, and let's face it this season is awful on makeup. Makeup smears, it runs, and it disappears. It reduces pores by filling them in and softens fine lines. I am saying this by wearing it, and not by reading about it. My oil is reduced by at least 50 percent, and foundation stays on. I have used mineral makeup, Revlon Colorstay, and a tinted moisture with it. They all work, but of course a more long lasting base is the best. This and long wearing bases are literally locked in place. It's light, unscented, and a small amount covers my whole face. (About a dime size). Rep's do have samples, and I used a sample to see how it covers. A sample size is enough for my whole face, so you might want to try it. I have the tinted version on order.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by danalee61

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Every time I went to buy Smashbox primer I literally cringed...love the product but ridiculously overpriced!!!! Sooo...after reading the avon magix reviews I decided to give it a shot...it's so cheap if I hated it-no big loss...well this stuff is amazing...completely different from smashbox primer...it gives your face the most amazing matte pallate to put your makeup on...not at all greasy (which I found the smashbox to be sometimes)...and the makeup stays on all day...and...it has SPF...and it's usually under $10...it has totally different ingredients than smashbox so it might take you a few days to get used to if you are currently using smashbox.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hum for the most part i'm really feeling it as far as how it make my make up stay. i don't wear nothing but powder and since i'm still serach for the perfect powder ,the one i have makes my skin look ok for a few hours but with the primer it stays smooth and nice lookng all day long and no shine in my t zones! how can i complain. I also have the tinted one and it a fav of mines (check my review for it)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I think that this is a decent primer--it minimizes my pores, helps my make-up to go on smoother, and doesn't break me out. There is a noticeable difference between what my makeup looks like when I don't use it, and what it looks like when I do (and it's much better when I do). I also like that it's affordable compared to most of the other primers that I've considered buying. However, it does nothing to control the shine on my face (although I haven't found anything that does, yet), and it wears off within a few hours. I've tried another primer and have found that there are products out there with more staying power and that can help my make-up to go on even smoother and stay on longer, so I wouldn't buy this again. That being said, I think that this is probably worth trying for people who don't have super oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by xomeggiepoo

I actually like this a lot (especially for the price). It didn't clog my pores or make my break out. It definitely made my face appear smoother. I also agree that it would be nice if it came bigger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first tried this when my rep gave me a couple of samples.
I was really turned off by the smell but gave it a go.
I am so glad I did this is fantastic primer and does everything Avon claims.
I even did the one half of my face to see the difference.
My skin was definitely softer, smoother, lines diminished, even skintone and a healthy glow.
My mineral powder stayed put all day and looked just as fresh at the end of the day.
It didn't clog my pores or give me spots like some primers.
I think its kind of expensive if you pay full price but a little goes a long way and Avon always have such great specials so that's when you stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by realcrazyacres

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product because of the reviews here and how can I thank you! No use clogging my pores during this wet, humid summer! I like it because it keeps my face smooth, matte, and does not clog. I may put a slight bit of blush or powder on top but no more than that. I wish it came in a bigger bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahanne1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product, but only as a primer under my mineral foundation. Does absolutely nothing in the way of coverage or evening out skin tone. But it keeps my makeup in place all day and makes my skin really smooth. Works even better than the more expensive Prime Time by BE.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

I am really on the fence with this one. I have used it a few times and have not noticed in a difference in anything. It was still oily, pores still looked the same, foundation went on the same. Maybe I need to use this more but for now I won't purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I think this stuff is pretty equal to smashbox, maybe a little better. I love smashbox, but....this stuff hides more wrinkles and leaves a smooth canvas, plus it has sun block. I am older so I do not have a breaking out problem as some have said. I will be buying more of this, as it is going to be on sale in Campaign 15 I think I noticed. I mean shucks, I can buy like 4 tubes of this (or more if Avon has a buy one get one for $1.99 again!), for the price of 1 smashbox. I do like saving money when I can, especially if the product is as good, or in this case, maybe better.
Up Date:
I still love this product! I have it in both kinds now. The tinted compact and the invisible tube. I really love them both. I use this more often than I do my Smashbox. Unsure why, maybe because this one gives me more options. I can use the invisible one when I want to use my cream or liquid foundation, and I can use the tinted one when I just want to go for a lighter look. I have re-ordered a backup of both of these. I have a lighter tint color for the winter months and a darker tint for my tanned face for this summer. I also got a backup of the invisible tube. With Avon, if you like it, buy more than one. We never know when Avon will discontinue a product line, improve it ;-) or just change the formula without notice seems to be more like it. This product is a keeper just the way it is and I really hope Avon reads the posts here and does nothing more to it!