September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by radar626

I stared out using primers from the big name companies like Laura Geller, Lorac and Smashbox. I was excited when Avon finally came out with their own. I finally purchased it when I was almost out of my current Lorac supply, and I am so happy I did. I love LOVE this product. It goes on so smooth and my face feels fantastic. I don't have to reapply products during the day, even after getting into the muggy heat and sweating, though I had to do so with the higher priced products. I can't wait to try the tinted compact. For the price, you can't go wrong. I have skin that really breaks out if a product is too heavy or comedogenic, but my skin is clear with Magix. I also love the fact that it is SPF 20!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My mom raved about this product one afternoon and, of course, I ran straight to her vanity to try some out. I instantly loved the smooth matte finish. I ordered a tube and fell in love.

I have combo skin that can become very oily in the summer heat and humidity. What I love about this product is that it gives me a great matte palette on which to apply my makeup. I have tried soooo many primers, and this one does the trick for me at a decent price.

This does not keep the shine away all day, but it seems to make it more manageable (ie. I don't have to apply powder as often). It does on smooth and feels light. It doesn't settle into my pores and gives me smooth skin.

I have found that it works best with a lighter foundation on my skin. I tried it with my MUFE Matte Velvet foundation to horrifying results... everything clumped and looked just nasty. I lalalalove to use my tinted moisturizer over this with a light dusting of powder for a fresh look that stays.

My mom uses this religiously and it seems to work even better on her skin than mine (she's 50 with some deeper set wrinkles). So I can say I'll love this forever for making my mom feel pretty and happy. ;]

I will buy this again b/c it is a good product for the $$ and I'm not the kind of woman that expects miracles in a $20 tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say that I really like this primer. It makes my face matte (but not dry) and smooth, and keeps my makeup on all day. I am normally dry, but the summer humidity wreaks havoc on my skin/makeup. This works well and a little bit goes a long way. Not to share too much info, but my nose is smooth and shiney. I have a heckofa time getting foundation to stick and not settle into my pores. This does an outstanding job there! The best of the primers I have tried including Monistat and Smashbox. I use Laura Geller Spackle on my face when it's not humid, but will continue to use this on my nose throughout the year. The price is more than the Monistat, way less than Smashbox, but very reasonable with the many sales Avon has.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by xbowie

I don't know why people rave over this product. I tried out a demo of this and basically it scared me a little from what came out. This product has a horrible gel texture that is a bit thick and hard to work with. It was possibly the one I got, but I really did not like this product. I was expecting a more smooth and powder finish, but it felt more like glops to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Best quality primer made for the price. I have been using this constantly this Summer. I have combination skin, but the humidity makes my t-zone oily fast. I hate having to apply powder all the time, and let's face it this season is awful on makeup. Makeup smears, it runs, and it disappears. It reduces pores by filling them in and softens fine lines. I am saying this by wearing it, and not by reading about it. My oil is reduced by at least 50 percent, and foundation stays on. I have used mineral makeup, Revlon Colorstay, and a tinted moisture with it. They all work, but of course a more long lasting base is the best. This and long wearing bases are literally locked in place. It's light, unscented, and a small amount covers my whole face. (About a dime size). Rep's do have samples, and I used a sample to see how it covers. A sample size is enough for my whole face, so you might want to try it. I have the tinted version on order.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by danalee61

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Every time I went to buy Smashbox primer I literally cringed...love the product but ridiculously overpriced!!!! Sooo...after reading the avon magix reviews I decided to give it a shot...it's so cheap if I hated it-no big loss...well this stuff is amazing...completely different from smashbox primer...it gives your face the most amazing matte pallate to put your makeup on...not at all greasy (which I found the smashbox to be sometimes)...and the makeup stays on all day...and...it has SPF...and it's usually under $10...it has totally different ingredients than smashbox so it might take you a few days to get used to if you are currently using smashbox.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hum for the most part i'm really feeling it as far as how it make my make up stay. i don't wear nothing but powder and since i'm still serach for the perfect powder ,the one i have makes my skin look ok for a few hours but with the primer it stays smooth and nice lookng all day long and no shine in my t zones! how can i complain. I also have the tinted one and it a fav of mines (check my review for it)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I think that this is a decent primer--it minimizes my pores, helps my make-up to go on smoother, and doesn't break me out. There is a noticeable difference between what my makeup looks like when I don't use it, and what it looks like when I do (and it's much better when I do). I also like that it's affordable compared to most of the other primers that I've considered buying. However, it does nothing to control the shine on my face (although I haven't found anything that does, yet), and it wears off within a few hours. I've tried another primer and have found that there are products out there with more staying power and that can help my make-up to go on even smoother and stay on longer, so I wouldn't buy this again. That being said, I think that this is probably worth trying for people who don't have super oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by xomeggiepoo

I actually like this a lot (especially for the price). It didn't clog my pores or make my break out. It definitely made my face appear smoother. I also agree that it would be nice if it came bigger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first tried this when my rep gave me a couple of samples.
I was really turned off by the smell but gave it a go.
I am so glad I did this is fantastic primer and does everything Avon claims.
I even did the one half of my face to see the difference.
My skin was definitely softer, smoother, lines diminished, even skintone and a healthy glow.
My mineral powder stayed put all day and looked just as fresh at the end of the day.
It didn't clog my pores or give me spots like some primers.
I think its kind of expensive if you pay full price but a little goes a long way and Avon always have such great specials so that's when you stock up.