April 19, 2014 | 1546 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

This is okay as far as foundations goes. I'm not into foundations, and I don't think it's necessary for most people unless you have uneven tone (redness). I mean, with even acne scars, MUFE's concealer covers just fine. All I can say is that I definitely do not want to wear this all day on my face in the summer. You can feel it on, and if you apply too much, it can look cakey. From about three feet away or in photos, you have this beautiful glow though. It really is for models and for people that have uneven skin, like I said. It's just not a good everyday product, so it's not a practical purchase.

VERDICT: Good for photos, parties, events. Not good for work, Sunday church or errands or barbecues, picnics. Basically, not good for me. Not a practical purchase, but far better than most foundations. I'm not a foundation person. I'd rather fix the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jerseyfly131

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is AHHHHHMAZING!!!!! The longer you have it on the better it looks. Another thing I LOVE about it, is that a little goes a long way. I suffer from break-outs and I noticed that while using this I had little to no breakouts and my skin was not as dry as it usually is in some areas. Also, it looks great in pictures.This is a must try!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by bossofallgloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, so many negative reviews. I love this foundation; it's not cheap but I have paid similar and more for Chanel and others, so I didn't find it shocking.

I had a very important interview and knew that my casual bb cream routine was not going to cut it. I did my research prior to visiting Sephora; I narrowed down my choices to Bobbi Brown Skin, Too Faced Amazing Face O/F Close-Up Coverage, Nars Sheer Matte and this - MUFE HD. The makeup artist assisting me was extremely knowledgeable, and after trying the different brands, this gave far and away the best result for me. I had her apply it as I'd normally do, set it with the MUFE HD powder and then walked around the mall for a couple hours. It held up beautifully and gave great coverage (I have a couple of brown spots from sun damage and they were undetectable.) It continued to look good into the evening. I was super-impressed and am very happy that I purchased this foundation. I've used all kinds of foundations in my admittedly long history of makeup obsession, and this ranks within the top 5. I'm no makeup snob either - I had a long and happy relationship with L'Oreal Visable Lift Foundation prior to the advent of the bb creme craze.

I have aging, fairly well-maintained combination skin with some fine lines and sun damage. I don't have dry flaky patches, but tend to get a little oily over the course of the day. I use LaRoche-Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging primer under my makeup. I hope my review will be helpful to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by zooeyfranny

I shouldn't have bought this foundation. It's definitely not for very oily skin. But, I bought it anyway and I don't regret it.

This foundation doesn't last long on me, and I do tend to get a bit shiny very easily with it on, but WOW. It photographs amazingly well. I always wear this when I have to go to an event. I just make sure to bring blot papers and a good matte powder with me.

The colour selection is pretty wide, and I managed to find a shade that is near perfect for me.

It's not an everyday foundation as I find it to be kind of on the heavy side, but it's perfect for those special events or nights out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by BXsenorita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loveee this foundation, it's my top favorite. My skin doesn't get any bad reactions from it (allergic or acne). It stays on pretty well, I wouldn't say it makes you completely flawless I still use a little concealer to perfect my face. The consistency is good, fluid but not watery. Easy to apply and blends in wonderfully. I use 153 it works perfectly on my skin tone, I hate the price though so expensive but I believe a little goes a long way so it's not too bad. The packaging is decent nothing special but easy to dispense product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

For such a hyped up product, I expected more out of this foundation. I could find an equally nice product in the drugstore...in fact, the Neutrogena healthy skin foundation is just as good, if not better than this. The only real good thing going for this foundation is the color range but even then, nothing matches me exactly.

Coverage is sheer-medium, however, I found that trying to build this up to medium gives a more obvious "wearing makeup" look, no matter how much blending I do. I've tried application with brushes, sponges, and fingers and found that the sponge works best for me. That way I can sheer it out a little more to keep it more natural looking, and also, it doesn't make the drier parts of my face look worse.

Also, this does not go well over fine lines in my opinion. I'm not exactly young anymore (30) but the small, fine lines I have around my mouth (smile lines, and some around my chin area) are accentuated with this foundation. Once powder goes on top, it looks even worse. I also think a setting spray would be needed because this foundation can move after awhile when skin gets a little more oily.

With too many downsides, I stopped using it on my face. It's really expensive, so I keep using it under my eyes, over my correcter. It does brighten up that area and makes me look more awake. Although, I do have to remember to clean up the creases with a q-tip before I leave the house 'cause it does sink in.

Overall, would not by again. Waste of money for the performance of the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Marrleniii

Best foundation ever, doesn't feel like your wearing anything, and it doesn't look like your wearing anything it is so natural looking!! I'm in love with it. it is so worth the $42 I can't believe it's so good ! I hate the dewy look and feeling. So I love this one because it literally look like your own skin ! But my skin is dry and a tiny tinny bit oily in the nose area so idk how it will be for others , OH BUT NOT GOOD FOR SUMMER !!!! * it will melt right off your face in the sun !!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by AkiraMakena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received the Makeup For Ever HD Foundation in the "starter kit", that included a sample primer and setting powder with a small kabuki brush for application, for my birthday. For its high price, I expected a lot more from this foundation. I have tried every type of application - fingers, brushes, and Sephora sponges. I found that out of the three evils, fingers have actually worked best for me, despite this being a pretty thin liquid. There is practically no coverage - any redness shows proudly through, so a concealer is necessary - and two large squirts are needed to properly cover the face for the makeup to look remotely nice, which uses up the bottle pretty quickly. Any less, and you'll look like you bought dollar store makeup, a mistake I learned not to make.And yes, it looks good - for about three hours, tops. I have used three different setting techniques and all three combined (their setting powder, setting spray, which normally works wonders, and a matte layer of foundation) but it isn't the fault of the setting products (they've worked fine before), it's the foundation itself.
Perhaps it is my difficult skin type that makes this product hate me, but I have tried everything to make this foundation work and it will only look nice enough to take pictures in when you first put it on. After a few hours, my face will either grow super oily (if I haven't layered it with a matte setter) or just disappear. I do not touch my face, or rub it off on any surfaces. Its as if my skin soaks it up and it's gone forever!
Currently, I still use this foundation (I don't want to waste something someone paid forty dollars for) and it's in its last squirts. My current routine is to apply a primer, concealer, then the foundation, bronzers, blushes, setting powder, then setting spray. I will look good long enough for a brief outing with a friend, but I have to admit that $7 drugstore makeup has worked for me far better than this.
Again, it may be because of my individual skin, because I hear raves about it from others, but it doesn't work for me and I will not be buying it again. I would proceed with caution, but from others I have seen, if it "works" with you, it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by megnstahler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's really nice. I think it has a natural finish... the coverage is just right... and when I wear it, I photograph amazingly. I've used foundations that look horrifying through flash photography, this one makes you glow for the camera. I am fair skinned with cool undertones, though, and I have to say it's really hard to find my shade. I usually need to balance the color out with other products, as it's either too pink or too yellow for me most of the time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Expensive for a product that's unremarkable.