October 22, 2014 | 1879 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Llorelei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this for $4.50 (free shipping with Prime) from Amazon due to the huge number of positive reviews, and wow! It's all true. My skin feels softer and I think my legs especially have never been smoother. The texture is very invigorating, wakes me right up in my morning shower and makes my skin tingle! I made my husband try it and now I have to purchase a second one for him.

Just a word of warning if you purchase this through the Amazon marketplace, make sure you use a reputable retailer. I purchased mine from Emma's Cosmetics & Skincare to be certain that I got the correct product. Some of the retailers will tell you they are selling the Salux product, but actually send you a Chinese knockoff brand that doesn't work nearly as well.

I will probably purchase through the saluxcloth.com website next time, since they are less expensive and offer free shipping.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by indiana2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thanks to a MUAer tip, I was able to purchase this at Sanko Trading here in Toronto. At $4.78, it didn't come cheap but after using it only twice, I can readily tell that my skin is already thanking me especially during the winters. It wasn't as rough as I imagined, based on some of the reviews, as I grew up knowing how to use a pumice stone. My husband said it reminded him of a gugo bark that his mother used to rubbed her skin with when she bathed, to which she attributed her smooth and glowing skin. I was pleased that it uses less soap, shocked at the amount of suds it produced. And even more pleased that it rinses so quickly. Its so much easier to clean your backside and that an after shower moisturizer adheres so well. If this last longer than a regular nylon bath puff with everyday use, I will surely purchase this for years to come despite the price tag.

Edit-12/02/11 You can actually purchase this, too at PAT Central Market in Koreatown, Toronto. They even have Korean versions of it that are equally good!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Much thanks to MUA for this little gem of a product. I've never had a problem reaching my back while showering, but my husband most definitely does. Previous reviewers have described these towels in great detail so I won't go into that. Simple concept, but soooo helpful and great at exfoliating. My husband has said it all with his comment, "Where has this been all my life?" :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* History - I ordered this online from Joie at saluxshop.com (not affiliated) and the whole order process was smooth and worry-free from beginning to end. The international shipment arrived to me promptly, without delay and it also included a personalized note which was nice.
* Before using Salux - My skin was dry, flaky and generally unloved :(
* After using Salux - My skin now feels soft, pampered and so much more well cared for! The last time my skin felt this invigorated and clean was at the famous Turkish baths (hammam) in Turkey. Oh what an incredible experience a hammam is! In my opinion, using this Salux is the next best thing to having a Turkish bath at home :)
* Verdict - Many thanks to MUA for this awesome gem of a discovery! I love the Salux towel!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by HistoryLady71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these. I bought them because of the many recommendations on MUA and also Amazon. I bought them online from www.saluxshop.com and they came very quickly and were packaged nicely with a little note from the lady who runs the site. I love the exfoliation I get from them and do enjoy using them everyday. I also bought one for my husband and will probably give some of these as presents when appropriate to friends and family. I used to spend time and money buying scrubs or making my own, but since I've purchased these I have not really need any scrub. I think that some might find these a little too "scrubby" the first few days but they're worth getting used for the excellent results you get--you're skin will be absolutely smooth and glowing and your moisturizers will work better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Acl0208

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine recommended these and now I can't live without them. Washing with anything else just doesn't feel as good! They are a great value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Last month my MIL included two of these cloths in a lovely gift basket of goodies. I was beyond excited as I had read so many great things about them. Well, gone is the strange discolored elbow dryness no amount of lotion was fixing. Gone are my random bacnes- it's so easy to scrub your back with these! My legs are so smooth, I didn't even realize that my legs weren't smooth until I started buffing my skin with this in the shower. I feel baby soft all over. These rinse so much easier than my old poofs and I need less soap to get tons of lather with any body wash I've tried this with (Tone, various Lushs, Neutrogena Body Clear, Dove- I've got too much body wash!). The only thing I will say that might be slightly negative is that in the first few uses, the texture of this was a bit, well, shocking. It does not hurt me, but it's a feeling that I'm being exfoliated well. I find the texture very invigorating now and I feel it gives my skin a glow it's not had in a while. Will surely purchase and ask the MIL for more the next time she visits Hawaii.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kittymadam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was browsing reviews and stumbled upon someone giving the Salux towel a review. After reading it, I went looking for it online and found it from the original seller at a little over $5 each.
I must say these are wonderful. The texture is not too rough and not too soft.
It's soft in the way that makes it excellent for you to bunch up in your hands, pour some body soap and lather up.
It's a little rough so it actually exfoliates your skin, but not so much so that it wears your skin down.
I have been using this around 2-3 times a week and one of the biggest improvements for me is my Keratosis Pilaris on my upper arms. (aka Chicken Skin.) My BF use to ask me if I was cold cause he could feel the bumps on my arms. But now that I use this a few times a week, followed up by Dermasil Dry Skin Treatment, you can't feel the bumps any more!
I have also found that regular use of this on my NON-shaving days eliminates in-grown hairs on my legs.
Lastly, the length is great too. Like the woman in the picture, you can use this to get your back area, curves of your feet, everywhere!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you MUA for recommending this little gem! With all the great reviews and the cheap price, I couldn't resists trying this, even though I was skeptical after trying a similar product from the Body Shop that wasn't great.

As other posters have commented, this is lightweight, fast-drying, and long enough to scrub the back--yay! The texture is rough, but not painfully so. I have tried exfoliating brushes in the past and they are too painful to bear. It definitely increases the lather of bath products. I was amazed that when I use Cerave cleanser, which is not a lathering product, in combination with this, there is a slight lather.

This is an amazing product that I now can't live without!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAlee

I bought one of these puppies online and have been using it for a few weeks. Right after getting it, I came down with a nasty case of poison oak rash on my shoulders, arms and upper thigh area. I have had numerous cases of poison oak as I have grown up in the mountains hiking, biking, yard work etc... It's inevitable around here. But.... back to the Salux cloth. This is HUGE. because poison oak rashes have been known to ruin my skin for a whole summer because of the dry/scaley/bumpy mess that's left. Not this time thanks to the Salux cloth!! The dryness went away in half the time and summer skin is glowing and beautiful! My boyfriend has also been commenting a lot more lately on how soft my skin feels. I love it!! I decided to try and be even more economical and cut mine in 1/2 so I could have a clean one being washed. Well, my 9year old decided to use one of the halfs to scrub the birdcage with. ICK!!!! That half went in the garbage!! But at least I still have a nice big peace to work with, and well, my birdies got a REALLY clean cage!! lol