September 1, 2014 | 1997 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kittymadam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was browsing reviews and stumbled upon someone giving the Salux towel a review. After reading it, I went looking for it online and found it from the original seller at a little over $5 each.
I must say these are wonderful. The texture is not too rough and not too soft.
It's soft in the way that makes it excellent for you to bunch up in your hands, pour some body soap and lather up.
It's a little rough so it actually exfoliates your skin, but not so much so that it wears your skin down.
I have been using this around 2-3 times a week and one of the biggest improvements for me is my Keratosis Pilaris on my upper arms. (aka Chicken Skin.) My BF use to ask me if I was cold cause he could feel the bumps on my arms. But now that I use this a few times a week, followed up by Dermasil Dry Skin Treatment, you can't feel the bumps any more!
I have also found that regular use of this on my NON-shaving days eliminates in-grown hairs on my legs.
Lastly, the length is great too. Like the woman in the picture, you can use this to get your back area, curves of your feet, everywhere!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you MUA for recommending this little gem! With all the great reviews and the cheap price, I couldn't resists trying this, even though I was skeptical after trying a similar product from the Body Shop that wasn't great.

As other posters have commented, this is lightweight, fast-drying, and long enough to scrub the back--yay! The texture is rough, but not painfully so. I have tried exfoliating brushes in the past and they are too painful to bear. It definitely increases the lather of bath products. I was amazed that when I use Cerave cleanser, which is not a lathering product, in combination with this, there is a slight lather.

This is an amazing product that I now can't live without!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAlee

I bought one of these puppies online and have been using it for a few weeks. Right after getting it, I came down with a nasty case of poison oak rash on my shoulders, arms and upper thigh area. I have had numerous cases of poison oak as I have grown up in the mountains hiking, biking, yard work etc... It's inevitable around here. But.... back to the Salux cloth. This is HUGE. because poison oak rashes have been known to ruin my skin for a whole summer because of the dry/scaley/bumpy mess that's left. Not this time thanks to the Salux cloth!! The dryness went away in half the time and summer skin is glowing and beautiful! My boyfriend has also been commenting a lot more lately on how soft my skin feels. I love it!! I decided to try and be even more economical and cut mine in 1/2 so I could have a clean one being washed. Well, my 9year old decided to use one of the halfs to scrub the birdcage with. ICK!!!! That half went in the garbage!! But at least I still have a nice big peace to work with, and well, my birdies got a REALLY clean cage!! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kitkat88

OMGGGG!!!! I cannot believe I just found out about this product! This tops every single one of my high end products!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by lpheng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have just purchased this product and I like it very much. I bought the green one; one for myself and one for my brother. I am on the smaller side and it is perfect for me to scrub my back. It feels good too. I usually use a scrub brush with bristles to exfoliate but the cloth is a much more pleasant experience. I must also confess to being less than motivated to scrub and exfoliate in general because it's not really pleasant with a bristle brush...but the salux cloth has infinitely improved my bathing experience. I ordered mine online because I was too lazy to go look for it at stores haha. I would not use this for my face O_O

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by LinDo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great exfoliating cloth for cheap money. Ive never found better, and won't be without these again. You won't be disappointed, and if you have KP on your arms, this is the ticket. My DIL had it, and loves what this cloth has done for her. Great find! Five lip pies from me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

I Bought one of these yesterday from Japanese Beauty in J-town and so far Im really impressed. FIrst they are pretty cheap , about 4 dollars for one and i have a feeling if you took care of it one would last a while. I first used it gently on my face with a cream cleanse, my nose got kind of burnt and was peeling i would use scrubs (sugar, st ives) and even washcloths and my face felt smooth but as soon as it dried there would still be flakes. This leaves my face completely flake free and very soft and its great for the body too. used it in the shower on my back which has been kinda dry and a bit bumpy from the sun and it was like baby skin after.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by muffinftw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect exfoliator. It's long enough to reach the back, but it can easily be folded to exfoliate smaller sections. The texture is nice, especially with a shower gel. It foams up really well that it's a nice combination of scrubbing and foam. My skin is super smooth after the shower. I wish they had more color, but it's not a big deal. It's cheap and amazing, so this is a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by ginamused

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome exfoliation!!! I bought this after reading MUA reviews and I'm so very pleased with this product. It's what we are all looking for: something that works great and costs next to nothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I received this from a lovely MUAer as a gift. I had read the reviews. Little did I know how life changing this is. Like a previous reviewer said: "I can reach my back!".

This is a long towel with the texture of a bath poof. It causes the smallest amount of soap to lather up really well. It rinses clean under the spout, and dries really fast. The texture is rough, but not too rough if used with soap. My skin was instantly smoother after just one use.

I now look forward to my showers because they become a spa like experience with this thing. One thing I noticed is that they are marked 100 and 300. This review is for the 100, since I have not tried the 300 yet.

Get these, you won't regret it.