July 30, 2014 | 1206 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by muffinftw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect exfoliator. It's long enough to reach the back, but it can easily be folded to exfoliate smaller sections. The texture is nice, especially with a shower gel. It foams up really well that it's a nice combination of scrubbing and foam. My skin is super smooth after the shower. I wish they had more color, but it's not a big deal. It's cheap and amazing, so this is a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by ginamused

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome exfoliation!!! I bought this after reading MUA reviews and I'm so very pleased with this product. It's what we are all looking for: something that works great and costs next to nothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I received this from a lovely MUAer as a gift. I had read the reviews. Little did I know how life changing this is. Like a previous reviewer said: "I can reach my back!".

This is a long towel with the texture of a bath poof. It causes the smallest amount of soap to lather up really well. It rinses clean under the spout, and dries really fast. The texture is rough, but not too rough if used with soap. My skin was instantly smoother after just one use.

I now look forward to my showers because they become a spa like experience with this thing. One thing I noticed is that they are marked 100 and 300. This review is for the 100, since I have not tried the 300 yet.

Get these, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 5:27:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank God for MUA- Where else would we get rec's for such obscure yet awesome, life-changing products!? I love it! Someone was mentioning these towels on the boards one night and i immediately ordered 3 online. I LOVE how long and huge these are! I can finally scrub/wash/exfoliate my back!! Oh my goodness it felt SO nice to be able to do this! It also does make any body wash go a long way- It lathers up SO much! Then you can scrunch it up and use it to buff your arms/legs/whatever.... It has just enough texture to give you a really good exfoliation but nothing too harsh... The perfect texture IMO! These things will always be a staple in my bathroom. They're so cheap and so amazing! UPDATE- Using this to exfoliate before using self tanner has been amazing- I notice my self tanner goes on MUCH more smoothly and evenly than before when I used an exfoliating wash type of product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can not take a shower without this. In fact there have been times when the scrub was in the bathtub and even though I'm in the shower thoroughly soaked, I'll get out of the shower no matter how cold it is to retrieve this scrub.

It makes your body cleanser foam like nothing else, smooths your skin, gets rid of all your dead skin cells and leaves you feeling invigorated. The scrub never seems to mildew or smell and dries really fast.

For those with those bumps on your upper arms, this will get rid of those bumps within a few weeks if you scrub hard enough.

My only complaint, after using this for close to 40 years, is that I wished they offered an "extra strength" product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I try to use this as often as possible but I gotta say it's not that amazing. I prefer the luffa . Although being able to wash my back is nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by chanaka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. MUA turned me onto it, I was skeptical but how can you go wrong for the price? I've been using mine for about 4 months on my back, where I have moderate acne problems. For a long time I didn't think it was doing anything, but now I'm starting to see real improvement! It's definitely helping my back more than anything else has. Plus, it does a great job exfolating everywhere else!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Salux bath towel ( $2.49 to $4.49 usd) is a Japansese nylon body cloth. The size is 11 inch x 35 inch or 28 cm x 90 cm and contains 60% nylon and 40% polyester. I found mine at Los Angeles Chinatown in the Wing Hop Fung Ginseng store on the 2nd floor for $3 usd which I was so excited because it is very difficult to find Salux. The package said Salux have also won the Invention prize award in Japan for this cloth. Salux is one of the best body cloth in the market, it does makes my body feel softer just like a bath scrub does. It is very easy to use, just like using a puffy body nylon sponge, but Salux comes in a light long towel that makes washing a body easier especially the back. Salux bath towel feels a little coarse in texture, but it does not scratch or pull the skin in a painful way, the finely coarse texture makes my body softer and cleans my body really well. Also, the coarse texture does provides a nice little massage to my body. Salux towel allowed me to use less bath soap than normally because it foams really well. The drying time is faster also, it is faster than my regular puffy body nylon sponge. Overall, Salux is a great bath cloth providing a soft and clean body but is quite difficult to locate the product, be sure to check most Asian markets.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by PakM

This product has been in my household ever since I could remember. Used it up until I was a teenager and kind of forgot about it, until now. I'll have to go to my local asian stores and get some. I love the feeling of really scrubbing your back and getting every part of your back. Feels refresh and purifying afterwards. Thanks MUA for such a great and cheap product reminder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thanks again MA reviewers. Read the review on these last week, ordered directly from Salux and received them in 3 days. Got 3 for me and 3 for hubby. I have always exfolliated (either scrub brush with stick handle or nylon scrubber on stick) but this is the best -- stretch it out like a towel, put soap or body wash in center and scrub back like drying it then I scrunch it up and do arms down to feet. Use exactly half the amount of body wash (counted the pumps) and actually get more lather. LOVE THIS! Just a comment for the user who had problems using this on areas other than her back -- once in the shower, I wet the Salux then put body wash in the center area. Then I scrunch it up and scrub arms and torso, stretch it out and scrub back, scrunch it up again and do legs and feet. It really does scrunch up well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No