September 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by VanessaAmanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have acne, and when I applied this powder, it would leave dark brownish spots on my problem areas and the rest of my skin would be normal. The lady at the counter chose the color for me. She said I was fair, but this product runs very light so I would be "Deep". I was skeptical because I'm usually "Light" or "Sandy" according to other lines. All my friends agreed it looked like I had gotten a tan after I applied the make up.

I believe this product made my acne worse. It's a shame because it claims to be healthy for your skin. I used to have a few here and there, but since I've used this, every part of my skin is bumpy with under-the-skin whiteheads that are impossible to get rid of. I switched from BareMinerals to Clinique, I hated BareMinerals coverage but it wasn't until I used Clinique that my acne became severe. I would not buy either again.

Everytime I bought the Almost Powder, the pressed powder would crack! I treated the package very gently, I never dropped it, and it would still fall apart. I had to clean the mirror of the case everyday because the powder would always leave a circle around it and make the mirror ashy.

It did nothing for my oily skin. I had to re-apply often. Made me look like I was wearing too much make up even when I tried to apply as little as possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by xox_GirlieGirl_xox

Best powder I've ever tried. Absolutly flawless finish under foundation. HG

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by cheerinjus4fun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a little more than half a year, and i could go either way on repurchasing. (it's no way near empty).
I use this everyday, using a brush instead of the sponge it comes with, after using some coverup.
It covers shine for awhile but its best to re-apply throughout the day (something I do not do). I have bad skin so I am really looking for something that can cover a lot.
I think it would be best for someone with better skin who's just looking for a little cover and even-ness in their skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I a big fan of Clinique but not this foundation. It is very drying and cakey. I also found that it does not wear very well. After a couple of hours, it tends to melt off in blotches. Will not repurchase. IMO, the Stay Matte powder...even though it is a pressed powder....works better as a foundation (or regular type of powder) than this powder foundation. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Leslies18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Was going to try this powder for a more natural look, not sure why but it ended up making my face look very ashy and weird in certain spots. Made my face look like I had on too much makeup even though I had applied it lightly with a fluffy brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the idea of a powder foundation. Easy to wear & touch up, extremely portable, should be able to handle the oilies, etc. The one thing that most powder foundations fail on is coverage. I'm pale, but have naturally flushed cheeks - I want an even tone, or at least, as even as I can get. I also have normal/dry cheeks with an oily T-zone, so whatever foundation I use must be able to stand up to both conditions.

Almost Powder does everything I want it to. I can use it lightly as a finishing powder over TM's, but I can also wear it as a foundation. It does need a oil-blocking primer (MAC's P+P w/ spf) to last all day, but that's not unusual for me. It doesn't aggrevate the dryness I have (you know, when a foundation finds all the dry patches and sticks to them), covers reasonably well, and mutes the redness in my cheeks. Bonus: it doesn't look powdery!

I apply this with my BE Full Flawless Face brush or MAC 150.

The only thing I wish were different: I have that marbled green and white compact. I mean, c'mon. I have noticed there's a hole in the back of the compact so you can remove the pan easily, but I don't have something else to put the pan in.

For reference: I have this in Fair, I also wear Studio Sculpt/Stick in NC 15, Chanel Mat Lumiere in Porcelaine, BE Fair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by mvenusrec

liked this product at first and then i started noticing that my face was getting really oily throughout the day. My face isn't usually too oily, its at the point where i need to use three blotting sheets to get the oily-ness go away. so i probably wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by pammac5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder comes with a sponge to apply, however I use a nice fat high quality brush. I apply it on evenly and then smooth a little with clean fingertips. I get many comments on my complexion, especially when I have just used a good scrub on my face. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product to keep in my purse to do midday touch-ups. I normally use Bare Minerals foundation and Mineral Veil and sometimes get shiny and have the foundation cake around my nose and under my eyes. I don't like carrying the BM around with me, so I opted for this. I have always liked Clinique and used it exclusively before trying Bare Minerals, and liked the BM foundation better. Not anymore! After purchasing yesterday and applying over BM, I fell in love at how my skin looked! When I got home, I washed everything off and applied only the Clinique. It looked beautiful! It made my very pale skin look healthy and creamy, and not powdery at ALL. I have a few minor reddish looking areas and this made everything blend together beautifully. I didn't mind the sponge that came with the compact. I wash my sponges and brushes on a regular basis, so I'm not too worried about the sanitary factor. So far, so good!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

basically ended up being a $20 mirror to add to my make up bag. I thought almost make-up would describe the look and feeling, but it provided almost coverage and was not good for my oily skin.(as other reviewers mentioned.) usually do like clinique, but i wouldn't recommend this one.