April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by lilsweetkaz

OK, everything I use is waterproof, so its all pretty hard to remove completely. I always wake up with black stuff oozing out of the inner corners because usually it's so hard to remove.
I've used normal eye makeup removers and extra virgin olive oil. They both worked OK, but never cleaned my eyes completely. However, baby oil dissolves all my waterproof mascara, gel eyeliner in seconds. No rubbing needed. I use a soaked cotton pad followed by a qtip dabbed in baby oil and my makeup is ALL gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by clsp88

I love this product... one medium sized bottle lasts for so long. i use it to remove all my makeup (mostly eye and blush cos i don't use powder/concealer etc), to moisturize my hair ends if i'm in a rush and can't find a spray, and to remove wax when i'm doing the at home waxing things. it leaves wax residue sometimes so i use baby oil to remove it. the only thing that i don't like about the product is the bottle tends to get a bit gross after awhile but a quick wipe with the tissue will work. this is THE product to remove eye product because it doesn't sting your eye like most removers do . i tried loreal oil based removers and i couldn't see for awhile because it stinged so badly and i STILL had racoon eyes. i also put it on my legs if i'm wearing a short skirts to get a lil sheen on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ima_blondie

Over the years I have used several different eye makeup removers. I am always disappointed that they don't do the job as well as I'd like and some even sting. I used to use baby oil in high school but abandoned it in search of something better. I recently gave up and went back to baby oil. I'm not sure why I ever tried anything else. It removes my makeup completely, even the most long lasting eye liners and mascaras. It doesn't break me out and even seems to help my eye area stay hydrated. I wash my face after using in my eye area with a gentle face wash and follow with moisturizer. As for the claim that mineral oil is dangerous, etc., mineral oil is a common ingredient in many cosmetic products, it can be ingested orally (it apparently has laxative qualities. It is only dangerous if it gets into the lungs according to a government web site), and it is used in some livestock vaccines. I feel that if it is safe enough to be ingested or injected, it is probably safe enough for my face. The safety of this product will probably be debated for some time, but I have not had any adverse reactions to it and my optometrist says it is safe to use around my eyes and I plan to use it until he says otherwise.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by rosan671

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

first of all the brand, has been used in my family for a long time. always as a moisturizer for the skin, and adds shine to the hair. granted, it dries out later, and let's your hair become greasy.. but it suffices. i have been using it to remove eyemakeup. i can't directly wash my face full of makeup with just cleanser. i'll end up looking like a raccoon. so i take all my eyemakeup off with a cottonball with babyoil. plus there's no harsh chemicals to sting my eyes, and i believe it doesn't stress the skin around my eyes. i haven't used it as an allover makeup remover because i'm oily and i think any extra oilage/ moisture needs to get off my face. but i may have to try it, to see if it'll work. why spend alot of makeup removers, this is cheap, and it's good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Life saving! Well almost. I have Seborrheic Dermatitis which means my oily t-zone also flakes and can also get very sensitive. After doing my research (a big thank you to BarbiH and her notepad!), mineral oil seems to be a good thing for SD skin. And baby oil is just that - mineral oil. So I have been using my once neglected bottle of baby oil on a daily basis for the past few weeks with fantastic results. I use it to pre-cleanse my skin at the end of the day then follow with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. My skin gets so clean yet never dry or tight. I've also been using it in the morning during my shower - I splash my face with water, then apply a couple of drops to my face. Meanwhile, I wash the rest of me then remove the excess oil with a washcloth. My skin is left soft, glowing and more or less flake-free. My SPF and makeup apply and feel better on my skin. I've even been using baby oil on my legs after shaving - add it to wet skin instead of lotion and see the difference! A fabulous beauty staple which I will never be without now. I only wish the bottle had a stopper which let out a little less oil at a time. Aside from that - perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by sbilokonsky

I always keep small bottle of baby oil to remove "late night" overpowering makeup. It really seems the only thing to remove it, over my make-up removers. However, it is best to wash face afterwards with your normal cleansers and use a toner, to avoid clogging your pores
Perfect for removing waterproof makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by boogie4life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I usually use generic versions and they work just as well. I use it for removing excess wax after waxing and it works great. One of my friends has started using it as a moisturizer and has had great results--I need to get her on here to write her own review. All I want to say about it is that I did makeup on two of my friends and with the first one I used a regular moisturizer and Smashbox Photo Finish primer. Well when it got to the second friends turn we were running behind schedule and I skipped the primer, but she had moisturized with baby oil. The makeup went on so much smoother and nicer with just the baby oil! Now, I don't know if this is for all skin types, so I'm going to try it on myself and the first friend to see if it works well. I was just so excited I had to tell everyone about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by anoukk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is pretty slick as a moistrizer and it clogged up my shower. Hated the packaging because the output is difficult to control. But this can all be disregarded because the fact remains: Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil is basically mineral oil. I would not recommend this to anyone because of the harmful ingredients. Stick to olive oil or a natural oil for the sake of your own health.

Also -- this is a general warning. I love MUA but if you're making any purchase, try to be as well-informed as possible. Look into the ingredients and be cautious with what you're putting in and on yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaDRead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for 5 years now. My High School swim coach reccomended this for our chlorine-dried skin because it soaks in and, when applied before swimming, helps protect. I pour this into a tiny travel-sized spray bottle and use it right after I shower. I spray it on and rub it in before I towel off. I try to wait as long as I can while it sinks in (while I brush my teeth or something). I can't get it on my face or it makes me break out fiercely, so I always wash my hands after applying it and use a seperate towel for my face, but the way it takes care of scaly-aligator-winter-skin outweighs any negatives. The best part: the generic brand is just as good, and dirt cheap!! I also love how the clean-scent doesn't interact or conflict with any perfumes i might wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by KiuKiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My aunt came over to visit, and she told me she had been using this to remove makeup ever since she started using makeup. I had already wanted to try it so it was "perfect timing." This stuff is excellent! It removes my makeup in one (max. two) swipes. In the end, I do not have a trace of makeup on my face. I've been using Shiseido's makeup remover for a while now (excellent stuff) but it is much more expensive than dirt cheap baby oil. After I finish my Shiseido I am going to buy this, but in aloe. I am so glad my aunt let me try her stuff!

***UPDATE*** My rosacea reacts to this stuff. I get really itchy hives every single time. The hives go away after a while, but they are so annoying. Also, after I use this and wash it off with my cleanser, my eyes get really dry and uncomfortable. I am going to try something else or go back to my Shiseido.

***UPDATE***I found a new favorite...Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover. This stuff is amazing.