September 18, 2014 | 1727 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by poppyyap

ok, this is either u luv it or hate it product.

i first tried it 3 yrs back, it did nothing for me. nothing at all. it smells bad and its so exp for 'water'. certainly did no miracle for me.

3yrs later, ive decided to give it a try again.
I gt this product after i complimented a SA complexion and she mentioned shes using this FTE. mind u, shes nt even in the skincare industry.
initially this FTE gave me terrible little bumps all over my face. (especially on my forehead/cheeks and nose) i thought i had an allergy reaction and rushed to the counter, only to realize its part of their 'purging effect'. the sa gave me sample of the toner (which contains AHA) and told me to use together with the FTE.

viola! my skin became clearer and smoother, and definitely controlled my oily t-zone area. even my surrounding frens have commented on my improved complexion. will i buy this pdt again? yes, but only this FTE and only in the duty-free area (its way too exp)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ahjinezz

I've been using this product for months... It did no miracle to me so far... Quite disapponting result as I spent so much on such a big bottle with no result...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by NYAPPY

This was very moisturizing I have to admit, it kept my skin baby soft.
BUT it broke me out after 3 days and the smell was just off to me.
Well the smell didn't really bug me because it does go away after you put it on your face, but the blemishes I got on my cheeks as a result of using this (and I NEVER break out on my cheeks) was just disappointing.. especially for the price of this as well ~

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Oildy

SKii has been in my mind for 5 years. My skin is very sensitive and most of my skin care and cosmetic are from Japanese companies (I am asian).

I tried FTE 5 years ago with cleansing foam that comes in the trial kit. However, it was not work on me and my face looked like I got 7-8 mosquito bite all over my face and it was itchy!

But I have been tempted by good review and recommendations from my friends over this 5 years. Finally, I decided to give SKii another try.

I bought FTE together with the two new Cellumination line. After no allergic reaction from the Cellumination (start with the deep surge for a few days and then the essence for few more days), I started using FTE.

It was unfortunate that my skin had some reaction, not significant notice but it bothered me when I saw myself in mirror or touch my face and found that it was not smooth like my skin wanted to break out but it was not ( I rarely has any pimple or uneven skin except I allergic to something).

After a week, I can't stand that uneven skin anymore so I used my anti-allergic cream for 2 nights. Then, I try FTE again.

This time, no allergic reactive (it has been 4 days now) and my skin becomes brighter and look so smooth and clear. It likes I am having a baby face!!! TIP; The effect is better once I start using SKii cleansing gel.

I decided to keep using FTE and other SKii prodyct. Will cross my figure to make them become my HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by neko82

I love this!! I have oily skin and my face would break out every now and then. When I start to feel the pimple forming, I apply this to the pimple and the next day it's gone (or dying)! Sometimes I get the cyst forming and it always takes 2+ weeks for it to shrink, but I'd apply this product and it goes away in a few days! I swear! It's worked on several pimples so I swear by this now. I'm so happy I found this! I also use the aging cream (forgot the name, but it's in the red jar) all over my face. I have scars and uneven skin and after consistent use of this product, I do notice a difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Sab29

I cannot live without this product. When I lived in Shanghai, my skin had a lot of breakouts because of the polution that I was not used, I have tried absolutely everything, and this lin including this essence were my salvation.
Love it, would definitly recommend all SKII products, its worth th money I think :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by ikki1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the facial treatment essence for 6 months. i purchased it after reading many reviews and the idea of crystal clear skin. In a way i feel like it has made a difference to my overall complexion but when i use it at night my face feels a little dry in the morning. I have not seen a major difference to my skin, its just clearer but my pores are still visible. Overall i would recommend this product as part of a beauty regime not on its own, this is no 'holy water'.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Facial Treatment Essence is the linchpin of the line, the "holy water", a cocktail of humectants arranged around Pitera, the fabled ingredient that provides the gravitational pull for this particular planetary system. The legend, if you haven't heard it, of the workers of sake factories and their exposure to the fermenting broth, supplies great charm. SK-II makes no effort to disguise the distinctively yeasty odor, a masterstroke of consumer psychology reinforced by the SAs who urge the consumer's indulgence. I can report nothing whatsoever on Pitera's efficacy as an anti-aging, sebum-balancing, texture-refining, super-brightening panacea—treatments are best reserved for problematic skin—mine simply registers it as a mild irritant. Otherwise, the Facial Treatment Essence behaves in much the same manner of other Asian "softeners", in texture akin to the western "toner" but functionally a different breed. A toner clears the skin of leftover residue, a service rendered obsolete by the double-cleansing method (an oil-based makeup remover followed by a dense foam cleanser) espoused by most Asian brands; a softener by contrast is a high concentration of moisture-binding agents, applied in surfeit, to saturate the top layers of the skin and improve the penetrative capacities of pricey treatments and moisturizers. Hence, there is a trick to manipulating the Facial Treatment Essence: I saturate strong, gauze-thin cotton tissue (an entire teaspoon is recommended), less messy than fingers alone but far less absorbent than regular pads, to pat in gently (including eyes), and layer the next product while the skin is still damp. The packaging, matte glass in counterpoint to red lettering and shiny silver metal, is almost demure.

On my skin, this is a softener-that-irritates-at-a-hefty-price. Meh.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by MarilynMonroeMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely. Gives a glowing effect under my mineral makeup. I use it under my primer, and it helps control my shine even more than the primer did alone with just Avene spring water spray as base. Now I layer the 3 and it is the best makeup effect I have achieved so far.
Thrilled. I did have a breakout after 2 wks of usage, but worth it in long run. I think it is related to the skin detoxing. Like when you do a health kick, you body clears out the toxins.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kayum6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EDIT: 05/18/10:
So, after using this a month, I've decided to stop. It worked great for the first 2-3 weeks, but after that, my skin started to change. I started to break out in small clusters on my lower cheek area. I can only assume it's this or the SK-II toner I bought, because the only makeup I wear is blush and it doesn't go near where I'm breaking out. It's mostly just congestion. I just don't think I've got the skin for it. I have also read that it's mainly for mature skin, so I think I should have just stayed away.
-------------------------
I've only been using this for 3 days, but I have noticed a big difference. It made me break out a bit (I was expecting it) but it settles down after a little while. The minor breakout aside, it has made my overall complexion more clear and even. My skin, despite the few bumps here and there, look a lot smoother~! I've used a good bit of "luxury" skincare lines, but this is by far my favorite. I haven't had such immediate results before. I've also been using it on the back of my right hand. I'm a hairstylist and washing hair has left my hand really dry and almost wrinkly, but using this has helped moisture and smooth it out. Great stuff<3