Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

d5d

on 3/25/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this product does not work for me at all, maybe it's cause my skin type is more on the oily side, but when u test it on your hand it's obvious that it's easy to smudge. i apply it on my bottom lash line, and blink a couple of times it smudges alrdy. it came with a mascara that i wanted so it was a deal. i do like the how dark it is, i have it in black onyx, i also am surprise how it got a few good reviews

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

for some reason, after only minutes, this liner loses it's lust. (five times fast?) it instantly washed off my water-line and smudges into my lower lash-line, which is normally a pretty look, but then it all washes down my lower lid and looks icky. so no, i will not be repurchasing this, as it blows as a liner. on the top, it's fine, though. makes a great smoky base for a darker shadow. it just doesn't stick. a beautiful, rich black, a soft application, and looks great for a few minutes and then nothing. would be an amazing liner if it would last.

another strike for cover girl. =]

I have this in "Charcoal". Black eyeliner is always too harsh for my light skin, but this shade is perfect and much more subtle. The formula is creamy and nice and it's self-sharpening, which is a must for me because I hate sharpening eyeliner. My only problem is that when I use it on my waterline it smudges like crazy!

on 2/25/2008 12:34:00 AM

(This review is for the Black Onyx one, though I'd be surprised if it didn't apply to all colors this product is available in.) It takes a hell of a lot for me to throw out any item of makeup - I keep EVERYTHING for some odd reason, whether it works as I'd like it to or not - but with this item, I pretty much had no choice. I consider myself to be damn good with an eyeliner pencil, but this stuff absolutely would not stay put. Not only did it smudge, it essentially *disappeared* into gigantic gray pools beneath my eyes that turned my relatively insignificant undereye circles into something like those of a heroin addict. Now I know I could use primer or do this or that to combat this problem, but honestly, if I can find dozens of other eyeliners that don't require my investing huge amounts of time and money to make them work, why should I bother with this one? Honestly, I'm very surprised to see the rating this gets - are my eyes especially smudge-prone? Doubtful.

Just thought I should share my experience before this "perfect" item goes in the trash.

I have repurchased this eyeliner many many times. It's pretty much all I use. It goes on smooth and easily and rarely smudges. If it does smudge I just take it off with my finger without a problem. It lasts all day long as well. I use charcoal for my hazel eyes and it looks great. The packaging is great and I love the fact that I don't need a pencil sharpener. I rarely use the little sponge at the end, but it's nice to know it's there if I need it.

on 2/11/2008 3:10:00 PM

These are one of my holy grails! The smudger is perfect for softening the lines, the pencil is creamy and easy to apply, and it has never irritated my eyes when I use it on my waterline. It lasts all day too.

The only bad thing I can think of is that the automatic pencil tip is a little thick for certain looks so I fall back on my MAC fluidline for a thinner line.

I have the color called "black envy."
I must say it's one of the darkest, but you can still barely see it.
When you put it on, it really doesn't show up, it just sort of brings out your eyes.
Which is a good thing, but it only stays on for 5 minutes!
After you blink a couple of time, it's gone.
Oh, and if you try putting it on the bottom of your eye, it smudges a lot.
It's really hard to put it on.
I wouldn't buy it again. =/

on 2/5/2008 10:07:00 PM

I really like the PerfectPoint-- the little sponge on the end is perfect for smudging, and the pencil end is always exactly right. The eyeliner is soft, and goes on really nicely. It doesn't have a ton of staying power, but it's not terrible.
I bought the "charcoal" color, and I'll probably buy a darker one next time, as the charcoal isn't as dramatic as I like.

on 1/29/2008 4:05:00 PM

Smudges like CRAZYYYYY.
Enough said.

on 1/22/2008 2:04:00 PM

This is my HG liner... in Espresso with the smudging too end. I love this color. For an everyday look I like the nudes and nuetrals like most women. This makes a great bold line if you want and a nice soft like with a light touch and little smudging. I have never had a e/l running issue even with cheap brands like WnW so I cannot comment on that. Hope this helps.