September 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by novbabycake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been looking for one primer for like months... when i read reviews about this product, i thought it will work for me but it does not.... does not help me with my oily T-Zone... maybe i can say my make up stay a little longer... not the whole day, more like midday... the worst part is i got very very small white bumps around the area i used... i am sure this product is the cause... I never change my daily regime for my makeup... so i stopped using it in a week... now i should move on to buy MAC Prep and Prime 50spf and see how it goes... sigh... waste my money.. =(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though I use this product everyday - I am NOT a fan of it! I can't wait to use it up so I can try Studio Gear Prime Objective. When I first started using this primer, my face broke out for the first time in months. I think my skin's gotten used to it now because I no longer break out, but it still doesn't seem to do much for me. I don't notice a tremendous difference in the lasting power of my foundation when I use it and when I don't. I will NOT be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cheersammy23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product in a swap. After reading rave reviews and watching countless you-tubes about how it would be the perfect base for foundation, it's just a no in my book. I've found that although I liked the extra moisturizing, I didn't see any difference at all. It just not worth the extra dough. Skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Gm619

I have an oily t-zone and wanted something to help keep the oils at bay for a while. This works pretty well. I do get oily after a few hours and need to blot with either a sheet or powder, but this definitley keeps me oil free longer than if I used nothing at all. I cleanse, moisturize (oil free), prime with this and then use MUFE F&B foundation. You only need a drop and the packaging is nice and sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by sydneyjs

I have recently bought my second bottle of this product and am happy with it. I tried Merle Norman foundation primer before, and this is a much better product.

Pro:
I find that it makes my skin look nice and smooth and does help my foundation stay on. It makes my skin look less blotchy. I don't have huge pores, but this does help my foundation not settle.

Con:
I do still get a little bit of shine on my nose, and on my forehead, but that's no big deal to me. It doesn't really look super greasy, just a bit shiny.

I do have problems this winter with flaky skin around my mouth, and this does not help to alleviate that. It is expensive, but it does last a fair amount of time. I think mine lasts me around 6 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by QuebecWP

I'm almost finished my first travel sieze of the light primer, I'm gonna buy it again in the travel sieze. It does a good job at making pores less noticable. My skin is pretty oily... even after washing my face, even if I put powder you'll see a shine in pictures... so far this is the best product I've found, but it seems to only keep my face matte for an hour :( I'm still looking for something better... but this will have to do until then!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My face was an oil slick all my life until about 2 yrs ago. I searched high & low for a good mattifier that would last more than 1/2 hr & I tried almost everything. Photo Finish Light is one of the best products I've ever found. The pump bottle packaging is excellent, although it's a bit bulky & clunky & could use some redesigning to streamline it for carrying around (in case you need a touch up later in the day).

Because it's so expensive ($34 at Sephora for 1 oz) I used it sparingly (small amount of product is all I needed--about 2 squirts for my face--but by sparingly I mean I didn't use it often & saved it for going out instead of every day). I even purchased some travel-size tubes from eBay for $10 (1/2 oz size) to carry in my purse. I made sure to stock up on my armour .....& wouldn't you know it that my face stopped being oily. It's not that the lotion dried me up, it's just that I'm getting older & I guess I'm losing hormones... took me by surprise. I thought I'd have greasy skin & pimples for life. I expected the greasies to return but it looks like they're gone for good. Now I don't need this primer anymore.. I don't know if I should be happy or sad ...& I have to redirect my focus to heavy moisturizing creams...but for problems with shiny oily skin this is a great product. If you like it or want to try it, check it out on eBay first for lower prices, b/c I think the $34 price tag is unacceptable. I'm keeping whatever I have remaining for summertime when my skin's a little less dry & mayyyyybe mighhhht need some mattifying for a special occasion or photos (although I think Revlon PhotoReady powder does a great job for that).

This lotion is opaque white & light textured, it feels refreshing like a gel, sinks in quickly & dries to a powdery matte finish. I love the diffused look of my enlarged pores after putting this on. It's like my face was airbrushed in the mirror. It doesn't feel tight or dry & isn't irritating (unlike some other products I've tried) or smelly (no noticeable scent). It feels like wearing nothing at all (also unlike some other products I've tried). And it's the longest lasting mattifier I've ever used. I've bought it several times & would recommend this product. If I still needed it I'd still be buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by emmyjay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did not perform any better than the $10 Avon Magix, so I see no reason to lay out the significantly higher price for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by thincspot

This product is great for those suffering from skin breakouts and dryness. I was given a sample as an alternative to the Smashbox Photo Finish original primer which kind of clogged my pores. My skin is combo/oily in summer and combo/dry in winter. So far, for winter use, this primer is a gem. Is sets my foundation and corrector without any added shine. It doesn't mattify my foundation but somehow "sets" it nicely so that I use less on my skin and I have no need for setting powder. My makeup lasts all day and my hydrating skincare doesn't compete with excessive build up. Price is decent (in comparison to other primers).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to figure out what in my makeup routine was giving me cystic acne-which is horrible b/c I also have hyperpigmentation. After posting on the makeup board and through a little trial and error, I've discovered that it is this product. Returned. Horrible product. Just horrible. It's taken months for these acne scars to fade.