April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Treatments - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

not to be disrespectful in anyway to the prior reviewers here but i just had to giggle a little reading these. i've been using lemon juice both on my face and on my nails for years with great results. my grandmother did the same thing since i can remember., she always had beautiful natural white nails and great skin.

s@rew buying that $120.00 jar of overpriced, overhyped, fix everything that's wrong with your skin crap cream that never delivers at the cosmetic counter. they can keep it for the next sucker. i'll be getting mine at the grocery store.

welcome to the lemon juice party ladies!!! - where y'all been - you're late.......

23 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by katsubrtova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gee whizzzzz..... that's just a miracle. I am actually writing this after I was applying the lemon juice cca for 1 hour or 2...
I woke today and I nearly passed out when I saw myself in a mirror - there was a pimple of course. Not a really big one, but still...I go mad every time I break out. So I decided to use a pure lemon juice, which I applied with a cotton pad. And now, in the early afternoon, the pimple's almost gone. It' still a bit noticeable that the surface is not perfectly even, but all the redness has disappeared and I don't even need a concealer.
Great job indeed.
I'm planning to use lemon juice as a toner before I go to bed, maybe it will help with my acne scars (they're not so bad, but I want my skin tone to be more even though).
I'll update when I see the results or if anything goes wrong.

UPDATE: It works, that's true, but it's not such a miracle I thought it was. Overall it's a good alternative to some effective and expensive treatments. Nevertheless, I can't help but mention that it IS quite harsh indeed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by silvercons

I was searching for a toner here to buy and stumbled across lemon juice as an option.

I thought "why not, it's not like I'm going to waste quite a bit of money on a product that isn't going to work".

Just a bit of background on my skin. I'm 30 and have combination skin, oily t-zone with blackheads on my nose and have acne troubles since highschool. I have some acne depressed scars. I still get the occasional cyst acne and those pesky small underskin pimples that don't always come to a head but sit there for sometimes 2 months or more arrghhh!!!

I've made my own lemon toner concoction of 1/3 strong green tea, 2/3 lemon juice and a few drops of tea tree oil and use it every night. In the 2 months my skin looks clearer, I haven't had a cyst pimple in a while (oh gosh now that I've typed that I hope one doesn't come up, fingers crossed!) and the texture of my skin seems smoother and looks more radiant.

I keep my toner in the fridge as I think it will keep the vitamins more potent and it feels refreshing when I put it on my skin.

I still get blackheads and some of my scars are still there. I'm thinking my next batch might have more lemon juice in it.

I'm very happy with the results so far and I'm hopeful that my skin will get better the longer I use it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using lemon off and on for over a year now as my toner in the evenings after cleansing and I can REALLY notice a difference when I get lazy and stop using it. It really cuts down on my acne and it is super duper cheap!! This might sting at first, but the small sting is definitely worth the pay off :-) Here are a couple of tips:

1. Buy a few small lemons (you only use a small amount at a time so the smaller the better as they tend to only last 5-7 days after they are cut into)

2. Roll the lemon on the counter before cutting into it, this will release some of the juices inside the lemon and make it juicer

3. I cut my lemon in half and use one small section at a time, I put a cotton ball right into the section and press down to get the ball wet

4. Store your lemon on a tupperware container and it **should** last 5-7 days

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

works great as a toner. helps clear acne, reduces oil, unclogs pores, helps w/ blkheads and overall brightens the skin. It does take time for lemon juice to hit its full potential, its not a 10 minute miracle. Also it does sting the first few minutes but goes away after, dilute w/ water depending on how sensitive you skin is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No matter how I try to dilute this +use lemon juice as a toner, my skin turns horribly red and sensitive. I would not suggest using this topically on skin for those who have sensitive skin, do a patch test, if you are not sure. Despite its benefits, my skin just cannot tolerate lemon juice...too bad.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by allymahvi

I've been using lemon juice for about a week now. I heard that it fades post acne spots, i have a few of them. So far I havent really noticed a difference. I'll give it a couple more weeks though. But what I have noticed is that my skin is less oily in my t-zone which is great! And my blackheads have been disappearing.. love it! I wash my face with St Ives green tea ance cleanser (amazing and dirt cheap). Then i put lemon juice on a cotton ball and apply it all over my face. Then I use Garnier skin renew serum. My skin has never been clearer. Now i just need something to fade my acne spots! Any suggestions??

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by happyhamstergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lemon juice, oh lemon juice, how I love thee! A lemon tree grows in my backyard and I never thought it was anything special until I started having acne and hyperpigmentation issues. I learned that lemon juice was good for fading scars, so I thought, why not? What's the worst it could do?
I have used lemon juice many times before a couple weeks ago, with no results. This is because I was not consistent. I have been using lemon juice for almost two weeks, and the results are amazing. I leave it on for one hour, right before I go to sleep at night. Then I rinse with water and moisturize well. Last week, this worked great. This week, not so much. My skin is peeling, flaking, and irritated by the lemon juice. Now, I have cut it down to every other day. I apply the juice with my fingers. Also, lemon juice stings like a mother. It makes you wonder if you just lit your face on fire. However, this affect only lasts for like 5 (or less) minutes. It's tolerable. Beauty can be painful, right?
So about the results. The scars on my chin are really fading. Some appear completely gone. My scars are pretty old, too (I'm on Differin and don't have major acne at the moment).
So here are my warnings: *Don't overuse, you can irritate your skin
*Wear at least 15 or 30 SPF during the day; lemon juice makes your skin sensitive to sunlight
*You may experience flaky, irritated, rash like skin in the process
I will continue to use until my scars have faded.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Kately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this has made the biggest difference in my skin. I've been using this for about a week in the form of a toner with green tea, aloe, basil, and acv. It has really improved my skin by lightening dark marks, balancing out my skin, reducing breakouts, offering a mild peel, minimizing the appearance acne marks, and reducing redness in my skin. I tried diluted lemon juice only before and that wasn't as effect as this tonic for my skin. Absolutely love this and can't wait to see the full results after a few more weeks.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am stunned at how well my skin responded to this. I'd been using Aqua Glycolic 11% toner with moderate results, but my skin still broke out around my chin periodically. First off, this stuff stings unbelievable bad. Like a chemical peel. I use it full strength and leave it on overnight because it feels slightly sticky on the skin. After one night I noticed the difference. In a week, my pimples are smaller, my pores are tighter, and my skin looks clear and radiant. I use it straight from the rind, it has to be better than the stuff in the bottle.

EDIT: So apparently this is too harsh for skin. I'll lay off and start using mandelic acid again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No