July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Andyjan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I was going to have a great experience for a second... :c

I recently have gotten very dry skin and some acne, after reading the reviews I thought I'd solve that problem (as well as looking for a new toner). Unfortunately it didn't.

I used a sugar and lemon juice scrub first (round cotton pad dipped in the lemon juice and sprinkled with sugar) to exfoliated. Then later that night I used the lemon juice as a toner. The next day I had little red bumps on my forehead and chin. I thought maybe I did something wrong but then I read some reviews with similar outcome. Either way I really don't want to try again, just in case it is...

Darn, I really wanted to use this. Oh well, guess I'm going to have to keep looking for something that works :\

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Lemons! Another great natural product. Squeeze the juice from a lemon and use a cotton ball to soak up the juice and apply it on your face, avoiding eye area. Leave it on for no longer than 2 min then wash away completely. It stings a little, but it shouldn't be that bad. I find that I have to use it once daily to notice results. I do notice that some scaring is slowly starting to fade, but mostly the newer scars. It evens out pigmentation and I do notice that my skin appears alot softer and brighter too. I took off a lippy because it can sting a bit, but other than that I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my fourth day on the lemon train and I have to say it really works. My problem is the instinctive attitude that if a little is good, a lot must be better, despite poor results from this philosophy (see also binge drinking, eating whole blocks of cheese in one sitting, eyebrow plucking etc) and in this case, the lemon juice resulted in a small rash around my nose and mouth. I had been enthusiastically squirting the bottled juice onto a cotton pad and rubbing it all over my face without rinsing it off. After two days of doing this morning and night, my poor face fought back and is now on the mend. However, what it has done in that time is bleach the blackheads on my nose out of existence. In this respect it is a complete triumph. The tip of my nose usually looks like a pincushion and nose strips only tore the top layer of skin off, leaving the offenders intact. The pores on my cheeks have also looked cleaner and less congested. Old acne scars have faded slightly too. But be prepared for a strong burning sensation - which I almost enjoyed, because it seemed like then it MUST be working - and potential rashiness if overdone. I think the best way is to be patient for results and use it before bed, either diluted or rinsed off afterward, to give your skin a chance to recover while you sleep.

30 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by emtee34

Using lemon juice stings my face a bit, but I did find some visible change of my skin using it. It also leaves a sticky residue, and it made my skin a bit itchy during the night..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cicifran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very pleased.

I've been using lemon every morning for the past week and the result is; my little bumps on my chin underneath my lip are ALL SMOOTHED OUT. Not only that, but my stubborn whiteheads and blackheads on the crease on my nose have literally come off as I was wiping down my face this morning. Excellent, excellent results, and I don't understand why people need to run and buy products they don't need and are very overpriced. Just look in your kitchen!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

ever since a large pimple on my cheek left me with a pigmentation scar i have been looking for something to lighten it. i was really mad at getting the scar as prior to that my skin was pretty much fully clear and no coverage was required day to day. i stumbled upon the usage of lemon juice here and decided to give it a go. for reference i use the bottled stuff as i cannot be bothered to squeeze a lemon daily (i mean c'mon, im lazy as hell) and although my scar has been lightened somewhat (i have been using this for a month now and really the lightening speed is sorta slow), the biggest difference i have noticed is that i didnt get anybreak out this month around that time of the month ( i used to get break outs all the time around then).i use my lemon juice in place of a toner and yeah, hopefully i will get rid of that damn scar soon lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

So I have used this about 4 different times on separate occasions over the last couple months. Just sorta randomly when i thought of it and had lemon on hand. The way i use it is i cut a quarter from the lemon and squeeze as much juice as i can into a little bowl and then completely soak a cotton pad and run it across my face for about 5 minutes or until it stops stinging, I might even dip it again and go over my face again. First it does definitely stings its lemon juice but it doesn't burn (redden and heat) like other acids or like benzoyl peroxide would, As for the results? they are pretty great for a product this natural and this cheap. I definitely notice my skin looks a little brighter and clearer the next day but I find its more of a difference in feel. The next morning my skin feels so smooth and tiny little bumps are totally smoothed out. My skin will also feel incredibly balanced like not oily, not to0 supple/ water logged and not to dry or tight. It just feels normal, soft but matte. I do however find that gylcolic acid peels give the same feeling and seem to do more for the look of my skin, marks, clarity and such. However If you really want to save money this is definitely, definitely the way to go as the results are very comparable. However I am trying to think of a way to work this into my routine for the vitamin c. (I use ether a mild bha, aha, or retinoid product about 5 nights a week alternating between them and then use a higher potency peel about once a week )

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Leesa123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So after reading this section and thinking vit C serum is ridiculously expensive, I decided to give it a try. I used full strength lemon juice (from a lemon, 39 cents each) on my face, neck, chest and arms. Oh, the ouch factor is there! But it quit after about 15 min. I left it on over night under my moisturizer and stuck to my pillow a bit. It did a nice mild peel and I'm none the worse for wear. I want to keep some brown spots at bay that have recently showed up so I will keep using, but maybe a bit diluted. Will post an update.
PS. someone wrote they have a lemon tree in their back yard, W"OW! I'm from Canada and we're buried in snow at the moment :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

not to be disrespectful in anyway to the prior reviewers here but i just had to giggle a little reading these. i've been using lemon juice both on my face and on my nails for years with great results. my grandmother did the same thing since i can remember., she always had beautiful natural white nails and great skin.

s@rew buying that $120.00 jar of overpriced, overhyped, fix everything that's wrong with your skin crap cream that never delivers at the cosmetic counter. they can keep it for the next sucker. i'll be getting mine at the grocery store.

welcome to the lemon juice party ladies!!! - where y'all been - you're late.......

23 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by katsubrtova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gee whizzzzz..... that's just a miracle. I am actually writing this after I was applying the lemon juice cca for 1 hour or 2...
I woke today and I nearly passed out when I saw myself in a mirror - there was a pimple of course. Not a really big one, but still...I go mad every time I break out. So I decided to use a pure lemon juice, which I applied with a cotton pad. And now, in the early afternoon, the pimple's almost gone. It' still a bit noticeable that the surface is not perfectly even, but all the redness has disappeared and I don't even need a concealer.
Great job indeed.
I'm planning to use lemon juice as a toner before I go to bed, maybe it will help with my acne scars (they're not so bad, but I want my skin tone to be more even though).
I'll update when I see the results or if anything goes wrong.

UPDATE: It works, that's true, but it's not such a miracle I thought it was. Overall it's a good alternative to some effective and expensive treatments. Nevertheless, I can't help but mention that it IS quite harsh indeed.