October 31, 2014 | 859 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I ditto the review above. I dab some onto a spot when I get them and it dries it up in hours. If you keep applying it it will cause your skin to peel and new fresh skin will appear underneath. It's great as an all natural face peel.
The first time you apply it may sting a bit but it works better than all those drug store pimple creams and lotions put together AND it's all natural. I use either pure lemon or lime juice (I prefer the smell of lime) in the little plastic bottles you can get at any supermarket and have chosen this over Apple Cider Vinegar as an ointment/drink with water as ACV stinks. I also prefer it over the stink of tea tree oil as lime/lemon juice works the same on skin.
I have beautiful brown skin and have no intention of using anything to lighten my shade and gratefully this doesn't do that.

The first time I tried it I rubbed it all over my face and neck for 2 days to see what it would do. On day 2 my skin started peeling. I was peeling long strips off my face and lips like a sunburned lizard. You could see the peeling skin through my make up which wouldn't apply properly and it took about another 3 days before my skin returned to normal but once it did it was clearer as it peeled off a lot of the scarred skin from spots.
I wouldn't advice this for dry skin though as it will really dry you out. For greasy skin it works to mattify the skin great.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by eddiecatt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently got back from a sun vacation and was a lot browner than I wanted to be (especially on my nose, sigh), so I mixed up some lemon juice and turmeric and applied it as a mask for half an hour, then rinsed it off. I didn't see an immediate lightening, but the next morning when I got up I did a double take in the mirror. Never spend money on skin lightening products! You can achieve the same or better results with kitchen ingredients ... The reason I give this 4 our of 5 is that lemon juice does irritate the skin when overused, so you can't just slap it on with abandon. Otherwise, it is great.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ewallace619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I read the reviews on here I thought no way lemon juice could be the cure all for my face....after 2 weeks of using it I think it is. I have very oily skin...after washing it my face is really dry and tight and within an hour its so shiny and oily. Ive also had what I call resident blackheads in my nose and chin that I could never get out....EVER! I recently bought the pores no more cleanser, vaccuum cleaner, and moisturizer which all work very well. I added the lemon juice in at night too, and now my 'resident' blackheads are almost entirely GONE....my skin is not oily as all! No excess oil! My skin is softer and cleaner looking and less oily! I think I have found the cure-all for my facial problems!! Thank God for lemons!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used lemon juice on my face before but not as consistantly as I have recently, and in only 3 days of using it every morning and night, I can't believe how my skin looks. I started using it because I had a large pimple on my cheek that wouldn't go away. It took this away, took away a ton of redness in my cheeks that I thought I just had to live with, made my blackheads almost nonexistent, and cleared up some bumps I had on my jawline/cheek (not pimples just rough skin). I literally can't believe it. At night I squeeze some juice into a bowl, and rub it all over my face, leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off. Then I put a small amount of coconut oil on my face as my moisturizer. In the morning I do the same routine, but after I wash off I use Nivea's "soft" moisturizer (white tub) on my face before makeup. Yes, I've had a few whiteheads come up, but I know that's just a small purging. I am so amazed, and with these results I'll continue to my routine until it no longer works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ncw1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Below is my review of using lemon juice prior to becoming pregnant. I am re-reviewing this product with a message of high caution. I have not a tiny single stretch-mark on my enormous baby belly. However, in the areas I have applied lemon juice, my skin is completely full of them. From using it on my decolatage, my growing boobs are full of stretchmarks. So are my thighs from using it there. So is my bum from using it there. Why? because lemon juice completely strips the skin's natural oils, and the surface layer of skin, depleting it's elasticity. I haven't used this for some time now. Instead I am increasing protein and fats in my diet to avoid spots from insulin surges, and being very gentle with my skin.
I have re -visited using lemon juice a good few times in the last couple of years. It is the one thing that i go back to time and time again. Cheap, more effective than anything I've tried and assists me extremely well when i decide to do a skin detox from products, which always have their negatives. The lemon juice makes my skin taut, smoothes it, immediately makes blemishes look less obvious, making it easier to leave my skin free of foundation. And it's cheap. A no-brainer really. I use it on my decolatage and upper back and even my bum, as there areas of skin are very similar to my facial skin for me, and are prone to congestion with the use of a lot of cosmetic products out there areas. I use a body brush after I've applied the lemon juice to my body to really get it to penetrate. I use a whole lemon for my face and body standing up in the bath before i lie in the bath and relax.this avoids the mess of the juice and pips going on the floor. I find the worse the state of my skin, the more it stings. After regular use it doesn't hurt much. It feels like tiny insects biting. The results are more than worth it. Lemon juice. My saviour really.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Andyjan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I was going to have a great experience for a second... :c

I recently have gotten very dry skin and some acne, after reading the reviews I thought I'd solve that problem (as well as looking for a new toner). Unfortunately it didn't.

I used a sugar and lemon juice scrub first (round cotton pad dipped in the lemon juice and sprinkled with sugar) to exfoliated. Then later that night I used the lemon juice as a toner. The next day I had little red bumps on my forehead and chin. I thought maybe I did something wrong but then I read some reviews with similar outcome. Either way I really don't want to try again, just in case it is...

Darn, I really wanted to use this. Oh well, guess I'm going to have to keep looking for something that works :\

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Lemons! Another great natural product. Squeeze the juice from a lemon and use a cotton ball to soak up the juice and apply it on your face, avoiding eye area. Leave it on for no longer than 2 min then wash away completely. It stings a little, but it shouldn't be that bad. I find that I have to use it once daily to notice results. I do notice that some scaring is slowly starting to fade, but mostly the newer scars. It evens out pigmentation and I do notice that my skin appears alot softer and brighter too. I took off a lippy because it can sting a bit, but other than that I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my fourth day on the lemon train and I have to say it really works. My problem is the instinctive attitude that if a little is good, a lot must be better, despite poor results from this philosophy (see also binge drinking, eating whole blocks of cheese in one sitting, eyebrow plucking etc) and in this case, the lemon juice resulted in a small rash around my nose and mouth. I had been enthusiastically squirting the bottled juice onto a cotton pad and rubbing it all over my face without rinsing it off. After two days of doing this morning and night, my poor face fought back and is now on the mend. However, what it has done in that time is bleach the blackheads on my nose out of existence. In this respect it is a complete triumph. The tip of my nose usually looks like a pincushion and nose strips only tore the top layer of skin off, leaving the offenders intact. The pores on my cheeks have also looked cleaner and less congested. Old acne scars have faded slightly too. But be prepared for a strong burning sensation - which I almost enjoyed, because it seemed like then it MUST be working - and potential rashiness if overdone. I think the best way is to be patient for results and use it before bed, either diluted or rinsed off afterward, to give your skin a chance to recover while you sleep.

30 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by emtee34

Using lemon juice stings my face a bit, but I did find some visible change of my skin using it. It also leaves a sticky residue, and it made my skin a bit itchy during the night..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cicifran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very pleased.

I've been using lemon every morning for the past week and the result is; my little bumps on my chin underneath my lip are ALL SMOOTHED OUT. Not only that, but my stubborn whiteheads and blackheads on the crease on my nose have literally come off as I was wiping down my face this morning. Excellent, excellent results, and I don't understand why people need to run and buy products they don't need and are very overpriced. Just look in your kitchen!