April 17, 2014 | 1491 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Bent Eyeliner Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by indi214

Thanks MUA!! I picked up the Bent SK e/l brush while in Target because of the reviews I had read on MUA. I am sooo happy that I bought it! The brush has long thin bristles that are very soft. I was able to use the brush to go under my lower lashes to apply eyeshadow as a liner directly on the lash line. I always have a problem with my lashes getting in the way, so this was great and with the bent tip it was easier to manuver. The price was around $5-6 and I have easily seen the same brush for $15-20. I would recommend that you go out and purchase it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by cassetteonfire

Great product. I use MAC Fluidline with it, and it takes seconds to do and looks great. The bent shape seems intimidating at first, but it's actually really easy to use. It can produce some pretty thin lines, and thicker if you press it down. Cheap, too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by usernameeeeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked it for the most part. It was easy to put on my Fluidline with it, and it gave a nice thin line. I'm always making mine too thick, so this was nice.

I felt that it didn't pick up the eyeliner very well though. I had to dip it back in the jar before every stroke, and even then I had to go back over it to make the line darker, which was VERY annoying.

Also, I bought it yesterday, and there are already like 4 little hairs sticking out.

The bent shape makes application easier, but I ended up spending the same amount of time putting my eyeliner on because I had to keep going over it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I now want to return my MAC 209 eyeliner brush. This is a great brush. I always imagined it would be difficult to use this type of brush since it's bent, but it is so much easier then my MAC 209. I wish I would have found this brush sooner. Thanks to the reviewers @ MUA, I picked this brush up today and tried it with my MAC Fluidline, and all I kept thinking was WOW. Thanks MUA reviewers!

Edit: I won't be buying this again. I fell back in love with my MAC 209. I can't just get precise lining out of this like I can with my MAC 209.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by hanspeter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sunny35

I'm no slouch in applying gel eyeliner since since I've been using liquid liners on and off for about 15 years, but I hadn't found a brush that I really liked.

I tried two MAC brushes (266 and something else that looked similar) and found that I could only make a thickish line and it didn't always come out even so I returned them both. I also tried a "push" looking brush from the art store which was just okay for eyeliner (fabulous for concealer!).

I'd resigned myself to using a washed out brush from an old tube of liquid eyeliner. I saw the Smashbox brush, but didn't want to have to go through the hassle of plunking down all of that money and then returning it if I didn't like it. I saw this at target (which I go to way more often than the mall so returns aren't as much of a hassle) and tried it out.

It makes application so easy and about 10 times faster. The bend is really intuitive. I can even use after I've super-curled my lashes (which was always a problem with straight brushes). I just swipe a good bit of product on both sides and tap any gross excess on my hand. Next I just line away. I've used this brush at all angle (even upside down) depending on the look I'm trying to get and where there is product remaining. Overall, a pretty fantabulous brush.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by accentcc

What a great product! So easy for my fumbly fingers to handle and use. Makes me look great with beautiful dark full lashes at the base (naturally blonde). I use it with Bare Escentuals retro liner and my eyes look naturally lush. I would buy this again in a heartbeat! In fact, they are so inexpensive I may go ahead an buy another for a spare.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

I don't have much to add to what's been said about this brush already. I use this for gel eyeliner and occasionally with shadow, and it's great. This brush is what helped me to master winged eyeliner and it's much easier to use than an angled eyeshadow brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

At first I wondered if I would be able to get the hang of using this (looks so awkward), but the brush angles perfectly. Draws a fine or thicker line depending on how much pressure is applied. I love SK brushes - you can't beat what you get for the money. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this brush. Before I bought it and had only read about it on the boards I wondered how I would master using a bent brush. It seemed like it might be awkward. However, once I got it in my hand it made perfect sense. It just works! I use it for gel eyeliner and it applies a nice even line. It's reasonably priced and made well.