December 18, 2014 | 855 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Bent Eyeliner Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard great reviews of this brush on the board and couldn't find it for the longest time. Finally I found it at another Target and bought an extra just in case I loved it.

I finally got around to using it. And it's a great brush: since it's already bent; and just maneuver the brush to the shape of your eye.

Extra bonus for getting in the really hard to reach eye area; (inner lid). And at a great cost this brush is a winner :)

I've used the SK brush on a fluidline; it did give me a basic idea of where to place the f/l. It does take a lot of practice so don't give up. Practice makes perfect :)

I wished the bristles were a tad firmer.

**update***
Thanks to a mua gal who suggested using e/s as e/l.

I've tried this method recently, using the SK bent eyeliner brush.

Get a bit of water, dab the brush in e/s, dip it in the water and line your eyes.

It stayed until i took it off later that night; which rarely happens with pencil e/l on my oily skin (which usually smudges or disappears) after application.

kudos to SK for creating a reasonably priced brush that's very useful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This came highly recommended by a respected member of the MUA community. I have several eyeliner brushes, a Clinique, a Prescriptives, a flat Sephora one, but none compares to this one. For $5.99 @ Target you get this little wonder of a brush that works beautifully at getting in close to the eye and drawing a perfect line of color. I have used this with my HIP cream liner and can't wait to try it with other products. I definitely will be investing in a backup(s). Well worth the money. All the hype is true!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by shesparkles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish my Target would get in more of these so I could buy a backup--I'm lazy about washing my e/l brush every night during busy work times and I wish I could use this every day. Anyway, this is the best eyeliner brush I have tried (compared to MAC 212, a similar flat Lancome brush with synthetic bristles, Fyrinnae's soft synthetic tiny angle e/l brush, SK's natural bristle angle brush similar to MAC 266, and a Utrecht art store pencil-type brush which is my current second favorite--yes, I've been on an e/l brush mission). I'm not a tightliner, and a wide flatline or angle brush is way too hard to control for normal lining, so it's definitely a pointy pencil type for me. SK's is perfect. The bristles are soft, the tip narrow enough for a delicate line and flexible enough to give a bolder one with more product and more pressure applied to it. The bend in the brush makes it easier to reach my eye comfortably without blocking myself in the mirror. I know Stila and SB make bent e/l brushes as well, but at 1/3 the price I cannot imagine why I'd depart from SK!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by indi214

Thanks MUA!! I picked up the Bent SK e/l brush while in Target because of the reviews I had read on MUA. I am sooo happy that I bought it! The brush has long thin bristles that are very soft. I was able to use the brush to go under my lower lashes to apply eyeshadow as a liner directly on the lash line. I always have a problem with my lashes getting in the way, so this was great and with the bent tip it was easier to manuver. The price was around $5-6 and I have easily seen the same brush for $15-20. I would recommend that you go out and purchase it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by cassetteonfire

Great product. I use MAC Fluidline with it, and it takes seconds to do and looks great. The bent shape seems intimidating at first, but it's actually really easy to use. It can produce some pretty thin lines, and thicker if you press it down. Cheap, too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by usernameeeeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked it for the most part. It was easy to put on my Fluidline with it, and it gave a nice thin line. I'm always making mine too thick, so this was nice.

I felt that it didn't pick up the eyeliner very well though. I had to dip it back in the jar before every stroke, and even then I had to go back over it to make the line darker, which was VERY annoying.

Also, I bought it yesterday, and there are already like 4 little hairs sticking out.

The bent shape makes application easier, but I ended up spending the same amount of time putting my eyeliner on because I had to keep going over it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I now want to return my MAC 209 eyeliner brush. This is a great brush. I always imagined it would be difficult to use this type of brush since it's bent, but it is so much easier then my MAC 209. I wish I would have found this brush sooner. Thanks to the reviewers @ MUA, I picked this brush up today and tried it with my MAC Fluidline, and all I kept thinking was WOW. Thanks MUA reviewers!

Edit: I won't be buying this again. I fell back in love with my MAC 209. I can't just get precise lining out of this like I can with my MAC 209.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by hanspeter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sunny35

I'm no slouch in applying gel eyeliner since since I've been using liquid liners on and off for about 15 years, but I hadn't found a brush that I really liked.

I tried two MAC brushes (266 and something else that looked similar) and found that I could only make a thickish line and it didn't always come out even so I returned them both. I also tried a "push" looking brush from the art store which was just okay for eyeliner (fabulous for concealer!).

I'd resigned myself to using a washed out brush from an old tube of liquid eyeliner. I saw the Smashbox brush, but didn't want to have to go through the hassle of plunking down all of that money and then returning it if I didn't like it. I saw this at target (which I go to way more often than the mall so returns aren't as much of a hassle) and tried it out.

It makes application so easy and about 10 times faster. The bend is really intuitive. I can even use after I've super-curled my lashes (which was always a problem with straight brushes). I just swipe a good bit of product on both sides and tap any gross excess on my hand. Next I just line away. I've used this brush at all angle (even upside down) depending on the look I'm trying to get and where there is product remaining. Overall, a pretty fantabulous brush.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by accentcc

What a great product! So easy for my fumbly fingers to handle and use. Makes me look great with beautiful dark full lashes at the base (naturally blonde). I use it with Bare Escentuals retro liner and my eyes look naturally lush. I would buy this again in a heartbeat! In fact, they are so inexpensive I may go ahead an buy another for a spare.