Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25

3.8

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 9/2/2008 11:59:00 AM

Love this sunscreen! I am on a constant search for a good sunscreen and this one is my new fav! Goes on smooth and is a great primer for foundation. I used to use a moisturizer with sunscreen but that always seemed to greasy. This is great and on days when I dont want to add full foundation, it gives just a bit of coverage and then I add a bit of powder. It works great with Revlon Color Stay (my HG foundation), that I apply with my Beauty Blender sponge. With this combo, my makeup stays great all day!!!!

on 8/27/2008 5:54:00 PM

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this sun block... I've never been happy with Clinique products, but I needed a simple sun block with no fragrance and oil free. So I took it on my way to the cashier at Sephora. It's been one week and I'm getting this tiny pimples on my t-zone. And I can't say that my skin gets easily clogged, but this stuff definitely clogs my pores, because I can actually see the sudden increase of black heads on my face. Weird and disappointing. I'm done with Clinique. for good.

on 8/26/2008 10:54:00 PM

I love this stuff. im super sensitive to sunscreens (only physical's are ok on my face the chemical crap breaks me out). I was using this in spf 15 but using the acne solutions kit now it was recommended i go up to spf 25 since i was getting more sun sensititve and turning red the end of the day. the increase has helped! however I do have to be more careful when applying, its not quite as sheer to me as the spf 15 was. but it beats my face being sore from too much sun

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a great product and is what I would expect from Clinique who do some really great skincare. My skin is fussy: oily t-zone with seborrheic dermatitis, prone to acne breakouts, very mild rosacea. City Block Sheer SPF25 seems to cope well with all my skin's demands. It is winter here at the moment, and I have been using this solely as my morning moisturiser - my skin feels comfortable and protected. It is tinted and I am very pale (MAC NC15-20ish) but the tint is not noticeable at all. It does a fairly decent job at oil control without dehydrating other areas. (If you want supreme oil control, look no further than Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion - my summer staple). The packaging is portable and you can easily control how much comes out - but I dislike the lid because I manage to drop it every other day! A great product. I would repurchase.

on 8/9/2008 12:30:00 AM

OK, this is about the 10th oil free sunscreen I've tried and I need to keep looking. The minute I put this on my face it felt clammy & began to sweat. So you can imagine that after I put on my foundation, which is rather light, the feeling was even worse. It also made my face shiny and magnified every pore. I also look for a sunscreen that I can use on my face, neck & chest as they are sensitive to breakouts too. This is tinted and it rubbed off around the neck of the white blouse I had on.

on 8/3/2008 10:15:00 PM

Overall a nice sunscreen that even outs the skin tone. Above all its not sticky (greasy) and the best part is that its "oil free"!! Nice packaging ...can carry it around in your purse.

on 8/3/2008 12:16:00 AM

I recently got this with a hydration kit that I ordered. I first thought, oh boy, more stuff that will just sit on my makeup table and not be used. I was using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 for my face. I was pretty happy with it, other than the white marks it leave on my face sometimes. However, one day I gave this City Block Sheer a try. It went on nice and dry. The smell was ok... The best thing about it, is that it is sentative enough for my eyes. With my Neutrogena, I would have to go buy an eye cream with SPF. But with City Block Sheer, it is all in one.

The slight tint is a plus for me too. I've been using mineral foundation for evening my skin tone. I've noticed that after applying the CIty Block Sheer, I don't even need to apply my foundation!

The only change is that next time I will get the SPF 40.

*edit 8/4/08* nope, still need a foundation....

on 7/29/2008 9:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love this sunscreen! I have acne-prone skin that tends to break out with heavy sunscreens so I was leery of trying this product but I am glad that I did. For years I have been using La Mer SPF 18 and though it is an awesome product I have decided that I cannot justify spending $65.00 for a 1.7 ounce tube of sunscreen so I went looking for a replacement. I do not tend to use a lot of Clinique products anymore (just the alcohol free toner and bp spot treatment) but after reading reviews here and elsewhere I went for it. This sunscreen evens out my skintone so that I do not have to wear foundation and it does not break me out. Also I can use it under my eyes without burning and I haven't gotten the slightest trace of sun on my face since incorporating it into my routine. VERY economical and does a great job!

on 7/24/2008 6:57:00 PM

I am a little bit indifferent about this product-- over the time that I used it even when I wasn't in intense sunlight I still got a hint of burn when I least expected it.

Sunscreen is hard to judge when it's meant for every day wear, you won't know if it worked until the damage either appears or doesn't later on.

This sunscreen is great because it's a physical sunscreen and thus does not have the harmful ingredients that many do, but it's best for people who are not blemish prone or super-fair.

maybe try the spf 45 if you have sun-sensitive skin. In the time that I've used it, it has felt too greasy for my tastes and prefer to keep the sunscreen in my moisturizer or foundation where it isn't another layer on my greazy face.

on 7/24/2008 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

While I loved clinique when I was in middle school, I (as a late 20 year old) have moved on to greener pastures. While my other clinique products have met mr. trash can...or been passed on to my sister - This is the one thing that I will continually repurchase from them as long as they make it. For the last two years I have used it as my summer foundation and love it. I'm a foundation phobe, so the light tint in this is enough to even out my complection, keep me from looking like a grease pit (i set it with BE's MV) and keep my skin safe. It is sheer, but I like my skin to look like skin - I also freckle like crazy in the summer and I don't like to cover them up. It is thick, it does smell a bit like a band-aid (yes, yes it does) but it is my hero ;o)