Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25

3.7

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 9/11/2008 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The tint actually works nicely on my face. But the texture is a bit sticky. I've tried putting this on top of just serum, and on top of light moisturizer, the end result has always been sticky. Not thick, just stick. So I always dust a layer of loose powder on top, and the result is great.

on 9/6/2008 7:28:00 PM

Edit - while I don't dislike this product, I don't use it anymore. I found it never really settled into my skin as much as I like and would leave a residue on my powder brush. Now I tend to use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer with SPF on normal days (living in the UK there isn't a hugh amount of sun exposure) and a higher-factor sunscreen if I'm in prolonged sunlight so I don't really feel this has a place in my routine now.

I've been searching for an everyday, broad-spectrum sunscreen for quite some time and I've found it in this product. It doesn't break me out, have a white cast or nasty texture. I'm happy wearing this everyday under my makeup. Some people have commented on the weird yellow tint, but for me it's a good match for my skin (about MAC N20) and it is a sheer tint. I can see for someone with very cool skin or a darker skin tone, it might not work. This goes on with a foundation-like texture, but the coverage is very much like a tinted moisturizer and absorbs quickly. I don't need anything more than concealer and powder after this, but those wanting a fuller coverage would want to layer a foundation on top.

The only drawback for me is the strong smell, but it's not a dealbreaker. A tube retails for 15 in the UK.

on 9/4/2008 1:39:00 AM

I am so disapointed with this sunscreen! I was really excited to try it becuase I have been looking for a good spf with physical blockers especially zinc oxide. What ruined this product for me was the 'tint'. I am fair with neutral undertones and it showed up an awful pale yellow-no where near a normal skin tone! I tried it alone-awful it just messed up my skin coloring, and under foundation-made the foundation look weird and yellow. I wish clinique would have not added the tint, it would have been better off w/ the white acast that has never bothered ,e like this yellow. Besides the tint I really likes it, has lots of antioxidants and doesn't appear to be as comedogenic as many toher physical sunscreens-which is one of the main reasons I wanted to try it. Well for me the search continues for a good non-comedogenic physical sunblock! Feel free to message me if you know of any.

on 9/2/2008 11:59:00 AM

Love this sunscreen! I am on a constant search for a good sunscreen and this one is my new fav! Goes on smooth and is a great primer for foundation. I used to use a moisturizer with sunscreen but that always seemed to greasy. This is great and on days when I dont want to add full foundation, it gives just a bit of coverage and then I add a bit of powder. It works great with Revlon Color Stay (my HG foundation), that I apply with my Beauty Blender sponge. With this combo, my makeup stays great all day!!!!

on 8/27/2008 5:54:00 PM

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this sun block... I've never been happy with Clinique products, but I needed a simple sun block with no fragrance and oil free. So I took it on my way to the cashier at Sephora. It's been one week and I'm getting this tiny pimples on my t-zone. And I can't say that my skin gets easily clogged, but this stuff definitely clogs my pores, because I can actually see the sudden increase of black heads on my face. Weird and disappointing. I'm done with Clinique. for good.

on 8/26/2008 10:54:00 PM

I love this stuff. im super sensitive to sunscreens (only physical's are ok on my face the chemical crap breaks me out). I was using this in spf 15 but using the acne solutions kit now it was recommended i go up to spf 25 since i was getting more sun sensititve and turning red the end of the day. the increase has helped! however I do have to be more careful when applying, its not quite as sheer to me as the spf 15 was. but it beats my face being sore from too much sun

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a great product and is what I would expect from Clinique who do some really great skincare. My skin is fussy: oily t-zone with seborrheic dermatitis, prone to acne breakouts, very mild rosacea. City Block Sheer SPF25 seems to cope well with all my skin's demands. It is winter here at the moment, and I have been using this solely as my morning moisturiser - my skin feels comfortable and protected. It is tinted and I am very pale (MAC NC15-20ish) but the tint is not noticeable at all. It does a fairly decent job at oil control without dehydrating other areas. (If you want supreme oil control, look no further than Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion - my summer staple). The packaging is portable and you can easily control how much comes out - but I dislike the lid because I manage to drop it every other day! A great product. I would repurchase.

on 8/9/2008 12:30:00 AM

OK, this is about the 10th oil free sunscreen I've tried and I need to keep looking. The minute I put this on my face it felt clammy & began to sweat. So you can imagine that after I put on my foundation, which is rather light, the feeling was even worse. It also made my face shiny and magnified every pore. I also look for a sunscreen that I can use on my face, neck & chest as they are sensitive to breakouts too. This is tinted and it rubbed off around the neck of the white blouse I had on.

on 8/3/2008 10:15:00 PM

Overall a nice sunscreen that even outs the skin tone. Above all its not sticky (greasy) and the best part is that its "oil free"!! Nice packaging ...can carry it around in your purse.

on 8/3/2008 12:16:00 AM

I recently got this with a hydration kit that I ordered. I first thought, oh boy, more stuff that will just sit on my makeup table and not be used. I was using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 for my face. I was pretty happy with it, other than the white marks it leave on my face sometimes. However, one day I gave this City Block Sheer a try. It went on nice and dry. The smell was ok... The best thing about it, is that it is sentative enough for my eyes. With my Neutrogena, I would have to go buy an eye cream with SPF. But with City Block Sheer, it is all in one.

The slight tint is a plus for me too. I've been using mineral foundation for evening my skin tone. I've noticed that after applying the CIty Block Sheer, I don't even need to apply my foundation!

The only change is that next time I will get the SPF 40.

*edit 8/4/08* nope, still need a foundation....