September 30, 2014 | 1682 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by donna01010

This sunscreen made my face look dirty or like I had been in a tanning bed. It is tinted. Although it containes physical sunscreens and it did not burn my eyes, I will not re-purchase it because I dont like to look dirty. Nice packaging and full of antioxidants, but, again, I hated the tint. The price is very reasonable. If you have medium skin tone it would be great for you. I am too pale for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by codonohue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fair, oily, acne prone skin, and I really love this product. I love the slight tint b/c it evens out my skin and I can wear it w/o needing foundation. I wear moisturizer underneathe of it b/c it spreads better on my skin and at first it does feel like a lot and does have a glossy oily look to it, but once it dries I feel like i'm wearing nothing and there's no oil. If there is ever too much oil (i do live in a very humid climate) I just apply some powder and it's done. I haven't had any issues with it running into my eyes or coming off when it gets wet. I actually work out and play soccer with it on and I had to buy a special make up remover cleanser to help remove it from my skin. Anyway, over all the product works well for me and I don't plan on ever switching.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A reknown SPF for the face and very widely recommended for those with oily faces and combination skin.
Pros:
Good coverage against the sun but always remember to hydrate, wear a hat and carry-on one of those blotting sheets and re-apply if underheavy duty sun ray invasion.
Cons:
I love it but I fee my face heavy-loaded once I had apply it. I will recommended and probably by it under one condition only use it with out make-up . Another con is it that once I had apply it over my face if am not in front of a fan or somewhere template screw it my face starts sweating while my entire body is cool sweat-free. You know what it means re-applying again the CCBSS.

Overall like I sai before I will buy it again and wear itin occasion just when am only going probably to a place where am not require "my other face" or would wear it in a teplated weather not in the tropics. In addition I must say that I tend to have a red face after I been expose to the sun with this the counter efect are lesser. So be the judge.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by teddylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great sunscreen.I've been using it for 6 months now. My skin is easily clogged and acne prone.This product didnt break me out neither did it clog my pores. It gives an excellent glow to the face as well. And in a humid weather, it doesnt make your face oily! Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by AlexJean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this sunscreen in a try me of Clinique products on QVC. I didn't care for the rest of the products, but I LOVE this product. I have extremely oily skin and am breakout prone. I have been using this sunscreen for at least two months everyday and I have not broke out or gotten clogged pores. It has a nice tint to it and I usually do not even use foundation with it. I will never be without this product. Absolutely a HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This sunscreen doesn't cause me irritation but has one of the worst tints I've ever seen. If I apply the correct amount (1/2 teaspoon for face and neck) my face looks incredibly dirty. Clinique have no idea of the meaning of the word "sheer". I have even tried applying less of the product and rubbing it in more and it still doesn't look right. Such a shame.

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by joey_s

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 41 and have sensitive, breakout prone combo skin (oily t-zone, dry ashy cheeks - I'm an OSPW). This is by far my favorite (cosmetically elegant) all-mineral sunscreen. Non-greasy and non-drying. Contains more active ingredient (ZO and TD) than DDF Organic SPF 30 and you get 3.4 oz for $16.50 vs. the DDF 4 oz. for $28. P.S. Only gets (4) stars for the 25 SPF rating -- would prefer higher.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this multi-tasking product. First of all, I am breakout prone and usually have acne present somewhere, especially on my chin. I have been using this product since February and it has not broken me out at all. I do not usually like SPF products enough to be consistent but I am with this one! The texture is sheer and sinks into the skin with no greasy residue. The tint evens out my light skintone and minimizes pores. With little to no acne present, this is my "foundation." Otherwise, I can cover acne with a concealer after applying this. This is a GREAT primer and also contains antioxidants! This is a physical sunblock, so those sensitive to chemicals may love this as well. I will be repurchasing!
UPDATE 3/24/09 I still love this SPF. Have repurchased twice and will continue to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by VixenGT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never really like sunblock, and never really used it much, but i noticed some wrinkles slightly starting to show up, and i didn't want it to get any worse, so i got this stuff. It was a little heavier feeling at first than i had anticipated, but i really liked the glow it gave my face. I looked really healthy. i've had no problem w/ breakouts. (i use the clinique 3-step acne system) I've had it for about a month now, and still seems like i have plenty in the tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kahughes

This product = PIMPLES!
I should have read these comments first. I was excited when I found this at Sephora...oil-control sunblock? Too good to be true! ...so true. I was weary of purchasing it b/c some Clinique products that I have used that don't say "non-acnegenic" or "non-comedogic" make me break out, BUT, silly me, I bought it anyway.
This is yet another Clinique product that gave me zits...what a waste of $$ yet again. I have an oily t-zone and break-out occasinally (usually from prodcuts my skin doesn't like). I used it for a couple of days when I noticed I was getting weird random pimples...between my eyebrows and around the edge or my nose...so strange. I stopped using this and my face cleared up quickly. I thought maybe I was having a weird break-out time, so I tried it again...no good...I did a spot test on two areas of my face...and what do you know...weird, tiny pimples in those EXACT areas where I put the product. I have also noticed that my pores around my nose and cheek area look unusually clogged. I feel like this stuff just leaves gunks on your skin!
Ladies, don't use this if your skin breaks out easily.
Also, I usually weird a light foundation daily, and this made my make-up flake, especially around my nose.
Don't waste your money!