July 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by teddylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great sunscreen.I've been using it for 6 months now. My skin is easily clogged and acne prone.This product didnt break me out neither did it clog my pores. It gives an excellent glow to the face as well. And in a humid weather, it doesnt make your face oily! Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by AlexJean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this sunscreen in a try me of Clinique products on QVC. I didn't care for the rest of the products, but I LOVE this product. I have extremely oily skin and am breakout prone. I have been using this sunscreen for at least two months everyday and I have not broke out or gotten clogged pores. It has a nice tint to it and I usually do not even use foundation with it. I will never be without this product. Absolutely a HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This sunscreen doesn't cause me irritation but has one of the worst tints I've ever seen. If I apply the correct amount (1/2 teaspoon for face and neck) my face looks incredibly dirty. Clinique have no idea of the meaning of the word "sheer". I have even tried applying less of the product and rubbing it in more and it still doesn't look right. Such a shame.

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by joey_s

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 41 and have sensitive, breakout prone combo skin (oily t-zone, dry ashy cheeks - I'm an OSPW). This is by far my favorite (cosmetically elegant) all-mineral sunscreen. Non-greasy and non-drying. Contains more active ingredient (ZO and TD) than DDF Organic SPF 30 and you get 3.4 oz for $16.50 vs. the DDF 4 oz. for $28. P.S. Only gets (4) stars for the 25 SPF rating -- would prefer higher.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this multi-tasking product. First of all, I am breakout prone and usually have acne present somewhere, especially on my chin. I have been using this product since February and it has not broken me out at all. I do not usually like SPF products enough to be consistent but I am with this one! The texture is sheer and sinks into the skin with no greasy residue. The tint evens out my light skintone and minimizes pores. With little to no acne present, this is my "foundation." Otherwise, I can cover acne with a concealer after applying this. This is a GREAT primer and also contains antioxidants! This is a physical sunblock, so those sensitive to chemicals may love this as well. I will be repurchasing!
UPDATE 3/24/09 I still love this SPF. Have repurchased twice and will continue to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by VixenGT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never really like sunblock, and never really used it much, but i noticed some wrinkles slightly starting to show up, and i didn't want it to get any worse, so i got this stuff. It was a little heavier feeling at first than i had anticipated, but i really liked the glow it gave my face. I looked really healthy. i've had no problem w/ breakouts. (i use the clinique 3-step acne system) I've had it for about a month now, and still seems like i have plenty in the tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kahughes

This product = PIMPLES!
I should have read these comments first. I was excited when I found this at Sephora...oil-control sunblock? Too good to be true! ...so true. I was weary of purchasing it b/c some Clinique products that I have used that don't say "non-acnegenic" or "non-comedogic" make me break out, BUT, silly me, I bought it anyway.
This is yet another Clinique product that gave me zits...what a waste of $$ yet again. I have an oily t-zone and break-out occasinally (usually from prodcuts my skin doesn't like). I used it for a couple of days when I noticed I was getting weird random pimples...between my eyebrows and around the edge or my nose...so strange. I stopped using this and my face cleared up quickly. I thought maybe I was having a weird break-out time, so I tried it again...no good...I did a spot test on two areas of my face...and what do you know...weird, tiny pimples in those EXACT areas where I put the product. I have also noticed that my pores around my nose and cheek area look unusually clogged. I feel like this stuff just leaves gunks on your skin!
Ladies, don't use this if your skin breaks out easily.
Also, I usually weird a light foundation daily, and this made my make-up flake, especially around my nose.
Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by beefjerky

I have to begin this review by saying how much I loathe sunscreen. I'm allergic to chemical ones, and physical ones make my face look ghastly. So i've gone almost every day of my life relying on the minimal protection contained in tinted moisturizers or even foundation. When a friend suggested I try this, I was hesitant. However, it was a nice surprise how the formulation did not make me look ghastly. What it did do, is make me look like I have a nice "glow" in the same way as mineral makeup. This in fact, is a GREAT base for when I use mineral m/u. I don't find the price too expensive, since the tube does last a while. After cleansing, I apply a light moisturizer (Dr. Hauschka or Kiehl's) then wait a few minutes for it to absorb. Once absorbed, I apply the City Block and let absorb some more, then brush on some mineral m/u bronzer - and that's all I need for a dewy, healthy glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by namooshie

Two words: GREAT MULTI-TASKER.
I'm always in a rush during weekdays so there are times when I just don't have time to do my face. I just use this and it does all the stuff that my other products would do:
*It evens out my skin tone.
*It moisturizes.
*It protects (SPF 25).
*It can double as liquid foundation but with light coverage, so it's perfect for daytime.
I'm definitely buying this again (if I could just save up..haha)!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Received this as a bonus sample. The SA told me that it wasn't a tinted moisturizer, but it is. At first I was disappointed, but the tint is light and unlike other sunblocks, it doesn't leave my face with a white, pasty sheen. I also like that it's SPF 25, stronger than most others on the market. I find most Clinique products to have a chemical scent and this one is no different, but it's not overpowering. Overall, a good product.