Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

I like this scrub, but I just don't get that I love this scrub feeling. I don't feel like it really cleans but after reading other reviews maybe I need to use purity first, I was using this as my main wash. It does foam which I like. THe bottle (8 oz) lasts forever and it's paraben free. I'm still on the fence whether or not I will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After using this product for an extended period of time, I've come back to re-write my review and change my rating. This has gone from a 4 to a 5+++ to me. I have dry/sensitive skin, so finding an exfoliant to keep my flakies away while at the same time not irritating my skin has always been a challenge. Until now, that is. I can use this every day without irritation. It is so gentle, but incredibly effective. My skin is glowy, and the difference in how much better my makeup applies is astounding. I'd been using baking soda mixed in with my cleanser, but this is much more convenient and does a superior job. Along with their regular cleanser, Purity Made Simple, philosophy's MDEW is definitely a holy grail!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a very nice product from Philosophy, whose skin care products I love or hate. It's just Real Purity with scrubbing grains, but they did it right--not too scrubby, not too liquid-y, just right. It's perfect for a light exfoliation that won't leave your skin red, flaky, or traumatized. I love using it in the morning--my moisturizer absorbs better and my skin looks very smooth under makeup. I started with a sample of this, but have bought the full size. Thanks, Philosophy!

Update: after having used this for two weeks, I have to say that my skin looks fabulous. Between this and using PTR's UnWrinkle Peel Pads 2-3 times a week, even my melasma is less pronounced. My skin is smoother, softer, and more even toned. Hooray!

I received this as a sample from sephora, a quite generous sample mind you so I probably wont have to buy a full size bottle too soon. I love scrubs and exfoliaters (but I don't use them often), I usually use st.ives just because its inexpensive and does the job...I'm not too picky. Anyway, I feel this scrub is definitely a good few notches above my normal st.ives, it really does a great job of scrubbing! The granules in it are VERY fine in comparison to anything else I've used, but they do the job better than the larger grains. You can FEEL it working while you scrub. My skin feels super soft after, which I love, and the pores on my nose seemed smaller...yes! I used this a few times when I received it and then it gradually was forgotten and I don't know why! I found it today and I'm wondering why I haven't been using it all this time (I think I've forgotten the benefits of a good scrub). I have not used any other philosophy products, this is my first, and I am impressed. ****UPDATE**** I bought the 16 oz. bottle from sephora for 37 USD an I'm still in love with this stuff. It's my favorite scrub ever! It exfoliates better than anything.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have always craved smooth, dewy skin - and have since been on the lookout for an exfoliator that works. I'm a facial product junkie, so I have tried just about everything, but Philosophy's Microdelivery Wash is the only exfoliator that I would use.

My skin tends to be very dry with small blackheads on my nose. I use this every morning, and it literally takes away the need for a primer. My face feels completely smooth and looks even. I cannot say enough about this product. It is definitely worth the price, because a little goes a long way. I don't even think twice about ever buying another product. It also works great if you use the Microdelivery in the morning and Purity at night.

I've used sooo many scrubs, and they've all been ehh--decent, but this one is amazing!
It's doesn't have use beads like others where you feel like you are rubbing seeds on your face, but rather a fine, sand like, consistency. AND IT FOAMS. And we all know how much we love the foam.

It made my skin so damn smooth, it's amazing! My skin is pretty sensitive and turns red often, but it didn't react at all tot his scrub. I love it. After I wash my face with a gentle cleanser(Cetaphil or purity, whichever is handy), I follow with this for 30 sec and my face is soft like a baby's. Will buy again and again and again and again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've been using this so far for two weeks and I have to admit that out of all the scrubs that I've tried (mostly d/s or mid-end priced) I love this one the best.

First of all, what I typically do is use this twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays at the end of the day. I'll wash my face and makeup off with Purity, Scrub with this exfoliating wash, moisturize with Clinique's Moisture Surge Moisturizer, and then finish off with Biore's Preservationist eye cream. I prefer not to use it in the morning, even though this was suggested by the beautician, because I'm too afraid of exposing newly exfoliated skin to the sun, makeup, dirt, etc. In addition, even though it says on the bottle that you can use it everyday, I already know that my skin is too sensitive to be exfoliated everyday, at maximum I think you should only exfoliate three times a week.

I have to admit, there is a smell, but I only notice it initially when I first apply the product to my face, after that I can just continue with the scrubbing. I love the results I've gotten for my sensitive, dry, somewhat temperamental Asian skin--my makeup has been applying better with less of the dry patches and even when I'm not wearing makeup I don't have to worry about peeling on my nose/cheeks/forehead. What I like most about this is that it is non-drying (even if I choose not to moisturize after) and the granules are just enough for me to get the results I want (not too big or too small).

I highly recommend this product if you want to be able to use something intermittently throughout the week. I don't really want to risk trying to scrub my face everyday since I don't know how my skin would react and I'm already happy with the results I have now. Perhaps after I move to Norway this year and I've used this in a true, snowing winter I've give this product an update.

This is a gentle yet effective scrub that can be used every day. it has improved tone and texture for me. Make sure your face is clean before using - you really don't want to scrub in grime/makeup into your skin. I use this after Philosophy Purity cleanser - The absolute best IMO.

I have had good luck with Philosophy products before and thought I would try this. I am in early 40's, and does a great job for me. I have combo skin and I use this in the AM. Have purchased this several times and am VERY happy. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.
The smaller flip top bottles are pretty easy to use. Have not had the pump.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is not a bad product. It worked ok, but its just not any different than any other otc microdermabrasion product. So- with that said, I will not buy it agai simply because of the price.

I can get the same result...for a lot less $$$