October 30, 2014 | 1416 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by snoopy126

This is expensive compared to drugstore brands but I like that it doesn't have an overpowering scented (it is practically unscented) and I can use it often without it stripping my skin which is combo to oily. I can even use it in the winter months. I wish they'd sell whatever the buffing beads are suspended in alone because it doesn't irritate my skin in any way. A little goes a long way so a bottle usually last me many, many months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this recently as a cheaper alternative to the microdelivery 2 part kit. I received a sample of the 2 part kit and tried it one day out of curiosity. It left my skin feeling smooth and soft while still being very gentle. I was impressed but was disappointed to find out it was $65 for a moderate amount but I saw this for less than half the price so I bought it. I really like how it smooths out my skin and seems to exfoliate well. I have the type of skin that refuses to go through the normal renewal process on it's own, resulting in dull skin and clogged pores. I have been having good luck with the Clarisonic but after a month it seems to have lost some of it's efficiency so I bought this to help. So far so good, I seem to have the radiance back that I had when I first started using the Clarisonic so I hope I continue to have good results. Will update if anything changes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Charlie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this with high hopes from reading the rave reviews. Unfortunately this clogged up my skin and was too harsh for every day use as it is an exfoliating product. I also couldn't stand the smell which is like putting raw egg on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

EXCELLENT face exfoliating wash, my skin is sensitive and this exfolaiting wash lather's well, without eye irritations, my face felt smoother and healthier in appearances, a definite BIG THUMBS UP!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this product yesterday at Sephora and I can tell you, I will NEVER let myself run out of this stuff and this is just after ONE use...I have great skin anyway, but I am getting older (37) and wanted to use something that would take away the years of "stuff" I've put on my face and skin...My skin literally glowed after I used this.....I didn't have to put on half the makeup today to get that matte flawless look...I already had it....

This stuff is awesome ! ! !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've just started using my second bottle of this stuff and didn't intend to repurchase until near the end of my first bottle when I shook it up before dispensing it. It made so much of a difference for the better that I feel shaking the bottle well should be included in the directions for use. The consistency of this wash is that of very, very fine granules which I find gentle enough to use daily on a wet face. My skin can be quite sensitive but I've experienced no irritation or any other problems with this product, just happier skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by bcolei

I don't know what it is with Philosophy products, but pretty much anything I have tried with this line makes my skin worse. Much worse. The Purity cleanser didn't do enough, so I thought I needed a deeper cleaner, but this caused me to break out even more. Along with the H20, On A Clear Day, and The Supernatural, I ended up giving all of my stuff to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lgcamper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An excellent mild "everyday" exfoliator for oily to normal skin. If your skin is very sensitive then I would use it less often but the micro beads (of whatever the little scrubbies are) are so finely textured that to miss out on trying this product would be a shame. Very nice clean feeling without feeling over-stripped.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by lilly116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this about a year and, starting about a month after first trying it, I finally have the "makeup optional skin" promised by Philosophy! I have suffered from break-out prone skin since my 20s and after 40 it gets very old. : ) Since I am very fair, the red post-breakout marks would linger on my skin a long time. I started using the Aveda shammy at night (which I have reviewed and highly recommend), which helped remove any lingering dirt/debris/makeup from my skin at night and seemed to help the breakouts some. I then added this product in the a.m. and the combination has GREATLY reduced my breakouts. I follow the instructions and dampen my face, (first make sure I shake up the container first so the product does not separate), then gently massage for 30 seconds to a minute. I don't use in the shower as I think it would be too diluted. I think the MILD daily exfoliation is the key to clearing my skin as some scrubs I have tried break me out even worse. It's so easy and is not an extra step so I stick with it. When I do see a blemish popping up, which is rare, I use the Bare Escentuals blemish therapy, (which I have reviewed). Sometimes the opening gets a little caked, and I would prefer a bottle that lets you see how much is left. While it is a little pricey, it lasts a long time, particularly since I use purity at night, and it is much cheaper than some of the peels I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

I received this as a sample and really liked it. I'm always reluctant to try new cleansers. I break out easily and I feel like my favorites get discontinued too often. I liked the Eucerin that was in the green containers. The last year, I've been using the Noxzema. Blackhead Clearing Cleanser, but I can't find that now.
I agree with a previous reviewer that this is a good morning cleanser. I want something more like the Noxzema to take off makeup. Besides, this will irritate your eyes. But this has been making my skin glow for daytime. It's a good exfoliator, without being too harsh or drying.
Everytime I go to Sephora, I keep asking for samples of this.
Now for a new night cleanser/scrub... .