April 25, 2014 | 938 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have always been a fan of "flawless makeup", it doesn't have to be thick or heavy or whatever, but it has to be flawless, I know the current trend is about "light, air-like" makeup, but whenever I see girls in the street with makeup and still visible flaws, I tell myself I don't ever want to look like that.

I have pretty normal skin, I think, combination type, not particularly acne-prone, kinda sensitive, overall I think it's average skin, not too oily, not too dry, when my skin is in normal condition, I usually get compliments on my complexion a lot, but I do have the habit of wearing makeup daily since I was about 20.

I had a very nasty allergy to some product I was using a while ago, not sure which one is it that caused the allergy, but the result was really bad, my skin is full of very small bumps, which turn out to be very deep tiny pimples, it's very hard to clean them out (and the skin around the area usually "breaks" in the process), and they leave very red scars, needless to say, I was really sad, and the situation lasts a long time, I tried Coverblend in Ivory, which I raved about here in MUA, I still think it's a good product, and I still think I didn't get the right shade (well, I should say my boyfriend didn't get the right shade)

But as my birthday gift, my very loving boyfriend bought me two bottles of this foundation in Opal, he knows I am deeply troubled by my skin condition, and he wants me to feel better, I tried it on today, and I have to say that this is hands down the best foundation I have ever used.

It's quite liquid-like when you squeeze the content out, I think I used too much of it, but it was my first time so I didn't know how much is needed, the color is a perfect match for me, yellow-based, unlike the Ivory in Coverblend, which is pinkish, it covers like nothing I have ever used, even better than Coverblend, yet it feels really light-weight on your skin. I used very little Coverblend loose powder on top of it because some previous posters here complained about the "shining effect" of this foundation (and the surprising thing is, my skin didn't itch this time, it always did when I put this loose powder on top of the CoverBlend concealing treatment makeup), then I went out in the middle of the heat and the sun, I was walking and sweating and window shopping for about 5 hours, when I got home, my makeup is still flawless, I didn't retouch my makeup at all the whole day, and my skin doesn't look greasy at all, it just looks a bit, hmm, how should I say, "watery", but even right after I finished my makeup, it didn't look matt or cakey either, I am really happy about the effect it gives, even my boyfriend told me that it works very well for me, he said I look absolutely amazing today.

The color didn't change or turn orange for me either, and my skin looks fine after the whole day of makeup, it feels fine too, it has been months since the allergy started, and I am positive that today is the first time after the allergy started that my skin looks back to normal again, and that really makes me very happy. I like the package because I accidently dropped it on the floor when I was using it today, and nothing leaked out, plus, my Nars 3 in 1 blush Orgasm doesn't sit well on top of all the foundations I have tried but this one, the two products blend very well together, and after the allergy I become very careful about products I use on my face, this product is oil-free, allery-teseted,and non-acnegenic, which makes me feel safe, the smell is better than Coverblend too.

I know I will probably never change my foundation ever again, because this has everything I want, and I think the price is reasonable.

13 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whatever you have to hide, it can be hidden by this foundation. I found it to be more like a concealer because it went on with an opaque thickness and had to be spread. A small dime sized amount was a bit too much. I have mixed feelings about this product because it has so many positives but the ultimate negative for me.
pros: Excellent coverage, fair shades, super chemical - free sunscreen, does not irritate eyes, acts like a wonderful concealer around my eyes. Gives skin a smooth, radiant finish, for yellow undertones. Set well under my loose powder for a flawless finish and almost was my wedding makeup and/ or concealer.
Cons: yellow soon became peachy and borderline orangey as the little bit of oil in my skin surfaced. The little bit of oil that normally surfaces and can be retouched w/ powder, soon became a lot of oil or shine that separated my tried and true loose powder. But it was 90+ here all summer so I will give the product the benefit of the doubt in this review because of all of its positives. I returned the product since I am not going to use it for my wedding. I decided to continue using my too sheer for an old bride "almost makeup" under my loose powder, over some block and the dermablend concealer (not the dermablend foundation) because I can't run the risk of using something this heavy for photos yet being super shiny in my photos with separated makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by tinamarie4685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have EXTREMELY oily skin..... and acne scars now from bad pregnancy acne that i couldnt help but pop and pick at. But when i say my skin is oily, i mean like take a shower, wash my face and its oily 30 mins later. I have used EVERY oil control item possible, and MAC studio fix fluid, Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundations (those work best at controlling my oil, but they tend to irritate my skin and make acne worse for me). Well, I went to CVS to get diapers for my baby and the woman working in the cosmetics department was showing this to an older woman. She was saying how it was full coverage and hid acne scars.... but nothing about controlling oil. I asked her if it would be good for my oily skin and she said "yes!" and proceeded to read me the ingredients. She only said the sunscreen in it might make me look a bit more shiny. I dont think people understand just how oily my skin is.... i really dont think ANYONE in the world has as much oil on their faces as i do. I am only 118 pounds and 23 years old... i dont know why i am so oily.

Anyways, i couldnt wait to go home and try my new buy. It went on GREAT and i loved the packaging. I used my foundation brush to apply it, and then blended it in with a makeup sponge (my usual technique).. and then set it with my powder. Well, I have been blotting my shine about every 10 minutes ALL DAY - about 20 mins after i finished putting on my makeup i begab noticing how horribly shiny i was.

My husband doesnt know ANYTHING about makeup or just how oily my skin is, and said to me "babe, your skin looks a little greasy today". UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I am returning this crap as soon as i can... luckily i have the receipt ($30 this cost me) and the girl told me if i really hated it to return it and say i had an allergic reaction to it so they will take it back. I can't wait to return this stuff!

I would ONLY recommend this foundation to women who have dry/normal skin.

I wish i wasn't so freakin oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful foundation in every way. Love that i don't have to use a seperate concealer as this is an all-in-one product. Another bonus is my skin is in better shape since using this. Holy freakin' grail!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by MissBoop

Dermablend, I found this stuff about two years ago. I bought the entire line that SDM carried. They had this foundation, the concealer and the translucent setting powder. I can't believe how long I've use this for. Under my eyes are really dark and this stuff could cover it no problem without a concealer. My face looks flawless and the color matches. I wasn't convinced that it'd cover everything but it does. As for 12 hours of coverage ... Ugh I don't think so. Maybe it's because I should be using the powder with it or something but it does stay put for 5 hours now that it's extremely hot out. But in cool weather, it's on all day. As for the tube, it's great. You don't contaminate the foundation and you could carry it with you for touch ups. If you need something that covers all your blemishes, use this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by julstech

I'm on the fence about this stuff. I received a sample packet at CVS but the color is way too dark for me (Sand; I would need Opal probably). It feels lightweight on my face but appears to have settled in my wrinkles around my mouth and on my forehead. This may be more apparent only because the sample color is too dark. This is a liquid foundation which is pretty easy to blend (I used a sponge but a foundation brush would provide a more natural look I think). I'm willing to try this stuff in the right color because they say it would last 12+ hours. I can't give this stuff a true hot, humid day test unless I have the right color on my face. This retails $28 USD for 1 fl oz and comes in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by glitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a full coverage foundation that comes in a 30mL squeeze bottle.
The shade selection is unfortunately very limited.. I think there are only 5 or 6 shades?
I have oily/combo skin with some acne scarring. I have warm, yellow/olive toned skin (NC25-30). I can use the shade 25(nude) or 35(sand) depending on if I'm more tanned or not. My mother is an NC20 and she also uses shade 25. It blends out well and works well with yellow toned skin.
A little goes a long way. I don't find this foundation cakey whatsoever, but I also use it sparagingly since it is so pigmented. It doesn't feel very heavy on my skin at all. The thing I love most about this foundation is that I dont need to use any concealor with it. I use a little bit of this stuff blended out on any blemishes or uneven skin tones, and it looks pretty flawless after. I've searched high and low for a great foundation that will provide excellent coverage, minimal cakiness, and won't make me any oilier. I use this, set it with loose powder and I am good to go. I do, however, need to touch up with oil absorbing sheets/powder a couple times a day, but I've had a hard time finding any foundation in which I absolutely don't need any oil absorbing touch ups.

Overall I love the way this foundation makes my skin look. My skin looks even, smooth and blemish free. Price is considered expensive, but very reasonable for the amount you really need to use each time and for the quality of the product. I have been using this for a year and have not broken out purely due to this product.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Marisglady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually wear foundation as a concealer, because I donīt like the feel of it covering my hole face, so I just use it where nedded: around eyes and nose mostly.I recently discovered that I prefer a heavy coverage to use in those areas alone, than to use a light coverage all over .That way my flaws are hidden and the rest of my face can breathe better and doesnīt get so oily.Iīm using this in opal(15) and nude(25) mixed together and itīs perfect!!! This foundation has a great coverage, doesnīt get shiny, looks perfectly natural, invisible, actually.Perfect for what I want right now.I think I would find it too mask-like to wear all over, so when I realy want to use a foundation like that I wear Avene in Naturel, itīs lighter and more transparent.Also, it gives you a nice glow of healthy skin.I also agree that Vichy should make this in more colours, at least the colours in between the existing ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This is an excellent foundation. I have combo-acne prone skin with some hyperpigmentation and redness and this covers better than any other foundation iīve tried. I got it in nude 25 and is almost the same color as my beloved chanel mat lumiere in beige 40. This is very creamy but not oily, super spreadable and blendable, super pigmented. It has great coverage but doesnīt look like a mask or heavy. It stays super well, long wearing and beautiful true colors. It doesnīt make my skin oily and not accentuate dry areas. Not expensive for what you get and package is so hygienic and travel friendly. Def repurchase. I use the vichy setting powder on top of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I use this as an undereye & spot concealer--BUT I can see how it'd be an excellent foundation. For one, it offers amazing, pretty buildable coverage--my dark circles are COVERED, and so is pigmentation. Acne is pretty well concealed too. Plus, it's very light-feeling on skin, and it's looong-lasting. It dries quickly and does not transfer. The only thing is it DOES settle into lines a bit; and for such a high price, I would expect more color options: I use Bronze but it's a BIT too dark; golden is too light for me, but since bronze is like one billionth off my skin tone, I'll bear it. They should still have more shades!! (They have what, 8 shades, they could afford more)
And the price is horrible; but it's good stuff and a little goes a long way (especially if you use it as a concealer, like me :o) )