July 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by carrieb85

I love this foundation. My skin used to be very acne-prone-- I've since cleared up, but I have a lot of scars. This formula is very thick and can accentuate dry spots, so I usually apply it with a wet makeup sponge and blend into the areas that need coverage. I find that it doesn't make me oily when used with a loose powder over top. Overall, this foundation is decently priced and does its job! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation, but I can't wear it. It's way too thick, and blending it isn't very easy. The lightest shade didn't match me skin tone either; it has a pink undertone, whereas I'm more yellow. And the next shade up is way too dark and orange for me. It went over all my dry spots and emphasized them. Even on the smoothest part of my face, the texture of the foundation looked rough and noticeable. Maybe, I'm doing all wrong, but I just don't want to have to spend an hour applying make-up just to get out the door. I'm looking for a simple foundation that goes on smoothly, and evenly - this foundation did neither. I don't mind paying more for make-up, as long as it works. Suffice to say, I'm quite disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Lily325

I am 25 years old and so that means that I´ve been wearing makeup for like 10 years...I used to have acne..not the very bad one...but still I hated it,I dont have it anymore, but I do have the marks, some of them more noticeable than others...but since my skin is fair, you could easily see some of them...I started wearing foundation looking for a way to cover the scars...I also have kind of big pores...I went through every foundation you can think of,from drugstore brands to more expensive brands and nothing helped much...until I found Dermablend Foundation...for me it is just perfect...it covers my scars,makes my pores look smaller, lasts all day...it also has a great texture...though I do put it on just about a minute after moisturizer,before my skin is dry...otherwise it doesnt blend as easy,but still,its just the best,I am sticking to this foundation forever, lol....and well, its kinda worth the price, I pay about $30dlls for it....but it lasts for months and months since you only need a drop...anyway,I highly recommend it!

*UPDATE*
It's been a long time since my review and I still use this foundation only, I'm surprised when people say it leaves your skin oily, that doesn't happen to me, maybe you just applied too much, you only need a drop of this for your whole face! You should just know that this product is NOT for you if your don't have skin imperfections, if your skin is flawless and you just look for foundation to even out your tone or whatever, this is not for you. This is a Corrective foundation, If you have imperfections, scars or any redness, this covers it completely! and they are offering more shades now!

****Also, if you buy it, make sure you cut the top of the package once nothing comes out anymore when squeezing, because you have no idea how much stays in the package, I have been able to use it for more than a month after I cut it! I just put plastic wrap on top and put it inside a ziploc bag so it doesn't dry.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this after briefly trying the Marcelle tinted moisturiser foundation, which was too dark for my very fair skin tone (especially since it is winter!). It has great coverage, and like other reviewers have noted, you only need a very small amount to have moderate coverage. I find it works well when you mix it with some facial moisturiser, that way it looks more natural. It blends very nicely, and it has such a great finish, I usually skip using my loose translucent finishing powder by Marcelle because it really isn't necessary. This certainly provides a moderate to full coverage, so for those who don't want it to look too much like a mask, please keep my tips in mind. Prior to using this I tried a foundation by Estee Lauder called double wear light. It's a pretty good foundation, but I defiantly like this one better. I found this foundation to look more natural, and blended much better. As well, in dry areas it makes little flakies of dry skin not nearly as noticeable as with the other foundations I have used. So far, this is one of the better foundations I have used, and I am very pleased with its results.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite foundation ever. I only use it if I'm going out, otherwise I use Marcelle tinted moisturizer. For Vichy, I buy Opal and that's fine for the winter time. In the summer, I add a pump of Smashbox seamless foundation. It darkens up my dermablend well. This is the only thing that covers my dark circles. Also, when I was pregnant, it was the only thing that hid my breakouts and didn't cause new breakouts. This is the only foundation that I 've bought multiples of. The Best!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by lammtron

My HG concealer (though I'm always on the look out for a 'green' version). Nothing covers under-eye shadows or blemishes more effectively and the shade G12 is perfect for me. In the UK it comes in a pot (not a tube like the photo suggests) and although it's called foundation I do not use it all over my face. It is extremely good value for money and is great for acne-prone skin like mine as it's both non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me tell you girls,this stuff is amazing.I've never got complements on my skin,until this {plus:aspirin mask :D}.Yes,it is a bit heavy texture,but You don't need a lot of it,just tiny bit of Dermablend to cover entire face.As well,this is miracle for dark circles arround eyes{im on diet and very skinny,and that cause hughe dark circles arround my eyes}.I'm just glowing with this.I've also used Vichy Norma Teint {that caused my pores look even larger than really are},it is ok,but not even close as this one.It is also easy to put it on face,great texture.I'm saying again:You shouldn't put large amount of this,just tiny bit.Great stuff,I stick with this. Oh yes,it doesn't give my face sensation of heavyness + didn't broke my out,at least not yet.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by vedrana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

thanks to the good experience with the norma teint i have decided to buy dermablend because i have needed full coverage.what a mistake! this is one of the worst foundations i have ever used.i have very oily skin and only after half an hour my take looked cakey,oily,yuk! i would also add it has that 'mask' effect indeed.the whole time it was on my face i had a feeling i was swetting all over my face,very unpleasent feeling. I WOLDN'T RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE,EXPECIALLY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE OILY SKIN.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 5:41:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a heavy duty foundation for those with "less that perfect" skin that want to hide multiple imperfections. It is really thick and heavy and you only need a few small dots to cover your whole face. Another thing is the shades on offer: I am fair skinned with neutral/warm undertones and the lightest shade-opal-was a little too light and really yellow toned. The next shade was really dark,though. But the worst part is that within a few hours my oily/combination skin became really shiny and uneven in texture-the foundation just did not seem to sit well on my skin. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A couple of years ago, I was going through a pretty bad depression which really showed on my skin. It looked tired and because of my bad eating habits I broke out regularly, which caused some nasty scars on my face. I had to pick up some medication at the pharmacy when they were promoting this foundation. When I heard 'full coverage' I was a bit in doubt because it made me think of the pancake-like crap I used on my face when I was a teenager. The sales assistant assured me it wouldn't look like that at all and I bought this foundation in 'Opal'.
At first, I found it a bit hard to blend (it dries pretty quickly) but once I mastered to blend it well (using a moist sponge) I was very satisfied with the result. No blemishes showed through and I didn't even had to use a concealer to hide some scars. I use a translucent powder to set and is stays put. It doesn't even look or feel unnatural. It works well as a base for bronzers and blushes and the colour doesn't change during the day. Currently I'm not using it because my skin now looks good enough with a light foundation but I still keep if for those bad skin days when you just want to hide under the duvet. Most definitely a keeper!