November 24, 2014 | 1949 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mesosexy

This is the best foundation ever! Like to me it is the best foundation ever cuz i don't know if this ever happened to anyone but I had to big blemish on my forehead and this foundation like reduce it and I didn't do any thing but moisturize and but this foundation on and it covered everything and reduced my blemish! Great foundation! Definately will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

THis definately does cover everything!!! This product goes on smoothly (I have used my fingers and a damp sponge, brush was disasterous!) and leaves a very even finish, just a bit too uniform for me, I like to even out my skin tone but this was too much for my personal taste. It didn't break me out or clog my pores, it didn't even sit in my fine lines but it just felt way way too heavy for me. I was really aware of how much coverage it was giving and I just don't feel comfortable wearing it.
I love Vichy, I think the products are great and if you want a completely full coverage, no messing foundation then this is it. I will stick to using it as a concealer, which it does a great job as and it blends really easily into other products.
Packaging is OK, but a bit cheap and unimaginative, the price is reasonable. I think for some people this could be a godsend, worth trying if you need a great concealor or really like to know you have complete coverage of everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i'm in love! this covers evvvvvvvvvverything. i can't get over how flawless my face looks when i'm wearing this. in terms of coverage, it beats every foundation i've tried. others may find it a bit heavy - it *is* thick 'n' heavy (just how i like it :))

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by xsannex

I have been using Dermablend for years now. I have always repurchased it, I still love it!

This stuff covers really really well, even for scars, spots and severe redness. It's thick, but not heavy. You shouldn't use to much of it, a little dot of this foundation does the trick.
When you apply, you are done in just seconds, because it covers so well. I always use this with a moisturizer first, then the foundation, and after that I use a transparent loose powder, so it's fixed. If I don't use loose powder, it tends to melt off my face during the day, so it looks like a little layer of foundation 'on' my skin, that's a shame.
I apply with my fingers, but I think it also works great with a stippling/flat brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by giraffesintheair

I got this foundation because it was recommended to replace my Cover FX and had apparently the same effect and coverage but for cheaper. I have very acne prone skin and need full coverage for acne scars

It doesn't come in very many shades and I actually got a mismatch for this foundation. (I got nude 25, I am NC 30) When I bought it, I asked for samples to try out at home incase I needed to return it. When I found out that it was the wrong colour, the store didn't take it back because the inner seal was broken (it must have peeled off before I bought it)

Anyway, this foundation is okay. it gives close to full coverage, and a little goes a LONG way. I find that it doesn't blend very well though and leaves splotches on your face. It also leaves a powdery look and makes your skin flake if you get a tiny bit dry.

I don't recommend it and I won't be buying it again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by chrisstbg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is amazing! I have been using it for about a year now. I have extremely sensitive skin and it is the only foundation that doesn't make me itch and breakout. The trick is to use just a tiny bit=flawless! The dermablend powder does not work well with my skin so I have been using the Rejuva mineral veil, I swear it's been a dream come true.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by ava89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very oily, especially on my nose, and no foundation can stop that, even this one. I think its time to give up the hunt for a perfect foundation because no matter what my nose constently gets oily.
I also have lots of discolouration on and around my chin mostly (this is mainly because of the years and years iv spent poopping spots that havent healed well and has now left, dark red marks)

The texture of this makeup is very thick and even i didnt use alot of it on my face becaue alittle does go a loooong way. Usually i put alot of make up on, proably more than i relise, because with most foundations i have trouble geting a decent amount of coverage for my skin, but really wouldnt recomend using that much for this foundation. less is more.. if does also cling to the skin, i use my fingers to apply makeup and with most foundations im left with alot of foundation al over my hands that rubs off so easily onto anything i touch, but dermablend didnt rub off onto anything, so i was really excited to see if it could stay on all day in the heat (im in the uk and we're having a heat wave)

and it was alright my nose still got oily but the colourstay wasnt to bad. but i wore a powder foundation over it which goes tend to separte and 'dissolve' any foundation im wearing which it did with the dermablend to, so im hoping tomorow if i just wear the dermablend it will stay much better.

the last thing about dermablend is the colour of it, i ordered 25nude, which if u have a natural glow or very sight colour to ur skin should be fine, but im pale adams family white, so the colour doesnt match my skin at all which is a shame as i would like to use to for a week instead of a day and really see how well it works and although i recomend u try it im not willing to pay another 13pounds just to order the lightest colour (15opal) when iv just bought the 25nude.

overall i recomend u try this is u have bad scarring or just want a good coverage but u may have to try different ways of applying it to ur face, i think i may try a slightly wet spogne or cotton ball next time i use it.

hope iv helped

(oh im also going to try revlon colourstay this week, as iv heard alot about it and mac studio fix)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sp

This stuff covers EVERYTHING! I have acne prone and oily skin and am currently on 2 different topical acne medications which are supposed to break me out for the first few months and this foundation makes it look as though my skin is flawless (I even get compliments from my friends on how great my skin looks lol). The ingredients are all non-irritating and safe to use with me skin type which is a huge bonus (won't clog pores ect...). The only downside is that it can emphasize dry spots if you don't moisturize properly, but I have found that with a great moisturizer and applied with a wet sponge it blends really well. I havn't tried it with the setting powder yet but I definately plan to. My only advice to others who are considering or who have just purchased this stuff is to PRACTICE applying it first because it can be a little difficult to work with. I apply a thin layer all over my face with a wet sponge and then go over the spots that need more coverage (you only need a pea size to cover your entire face btw, less is more with this product!). Hope this review helps!

UPDATE: Although I loved this produce because of the coverage it just didn't have the staying power that I need. Like I mentioned earlier I have very oily skin and within a couple of hours this makeup was melting off my face:(....it's too bad though because I really like it. I have since switched to revlon colorstay which has been amazing (I don't think it's made me breakout or anything so hopefully nothing changes).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ra143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It`s the best foundation ever! Very good coverage, the best I would say, texture is just right, doesnt cake on, doesnt feel heavy, blend very well and most important stays on the whole day without clogging my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by persianeyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product but dont find myself using it too much... I think the fact that its so thick kind of stops me, except when im going out

i dont really like to use it all over, just a couple of spots

its REALLY not a full-face foundation. Use it more like a concealer. Way too thick to use as a foundation base for face

** Question

how do you ladies like to apply this product with a concealer brush or finger tips?