September 2, 2014 | 1966 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Kemezaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot of different dry shampoos, and batiste dry shampoo is defintely the best. It is very effective: makes your oily hair "normal" again, and the price is very affordable. Furthermore, it smells great!! I recommend this product to all my friends :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MissEvelien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I'm not a fan of this dry shampoo, having tried the XXL Volume version. I wash my hair every second day and use dry shampoo on my second-day hair. Nonetheless, it doesn't make my hair feel cleaner, and didn't add much volume either. It actually made my hair feel sticky, and unable to comb trough, so I had to wash it anyway. The Schwarzkopf dry shampoo is a much better budget-proof product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My initial reaction to this product was negative, however it just takes some getting used to. This has turned out to be a lifesaver on oily hair days. I spray it on my roots about 6-7 inches away from my scalp, let it sit for a minute, then shake out or brush out my hair to get rid of the white residue. Also: sometimes the first few sprays won't work, so you'll need to spray a few "test" sprays to get the product flowing. You'll know it's working when you see white stuff on your hair.

PROS:
- Cuts down on oil substantially
- Restores volume and freshness
- Fairly inexpensive

CONS:
- Cheap perfume smell which can aggravate my allergies. This does fade after a while.
- Dulls hair a bit (true for any dry shampoo)
- Leaves tiny white flakes on dark clothing if you're not careful

Overall, the pros outweigh the cons. If you have very dark hair, make sure you shake out your hair a lot after spraying to avoid white residue. I usually shake my hair out over the bathtub so the flakes don't get everywhere. Also, avoid wearing dark clothing while you're spraying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an essential product. I've tried the more pricy Klorane dry shampoo, but Batiste works much better. I wash my hair every other day, and from time to time I'll oversleep or get lazy or be in a rush, and skip the hair wash on the second day (I know, gross). I love keeping some of this stuff on hand for when that happens. It'll extend my hair through that day so I don't have to look like a yucky greaseball (even though I'll know deep down that I am). I've tried the original, tropical, and blush scents, and the original is my favourite. It just smells citrus-y, but the scent doesn't linger too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

My hair routine has recently gone thru some drastic changes, and I no longer wash my hair everyday, I've started to wash my hair in alternative days. On the days that I do not wash my hair, I rely on dry shampoo (I've got oily scalp). I've tried those that comes in a bottle where you have to pour out the product and didn't like it, I personally prefer dry shampoo that comes in a can, it's easier to control.

Since I've started to use dry shampoo, and not washing my hair everyday, I've noticed a huge improvement on my hair texture, although I'm not a huge fan of the gritty texture, I'm willing to overlook.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Very affordable and effective dry shampoo! I'm using the original flavor and the smell is refreshing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by jadel6

such a great product! super cheap, super handy.
when you spray it on, itlooks a little white, but just rub it a little and it's gone.
seriously, my hair can go from oil slick tolooking freshly washed

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE IT!

i have extremely greasy hair, unfortuantely. i spray this on within a few hours of my hair drying and it helps prevent the spread of oil.

sometimes i also use it the next day if needed, but spraying it on pretty fast before my hair greases up a lot definitely helps keep it from getting overly greasy.

you can also use it on unwashed hair to freshen and revitalize, but it seems to have a better effect when you use it before the hair has a chance to turn all greasy and matted. (this way it will look fresher)

before i started to highlight my hair i used the blush which is no-color (although it leaves a slight white residue, but that brushes out if you use your fingers and a hairbrush)

now that i highlight i use the blonde version with a "hint of blonde" promised. it is great for anyone who dyes or highlights blonde because it blends with the roots. (but stay away if you don't dye or highlight because in that case it just leaves funny yellow tinges, it only worked well for me once i did highlight my hair blonde)

there is a good version of this stuff for everybody and it is amazing.

i use a bottle a month, roughly on estimate. this stuff is my miracle worker! i tried other DS brands and nothing compared. my neighborhood DS doesn't carry it but luckily i live close enough to a duane reade (only DS chain near me that seems to stock it) to get my hands on it.

it has a slight scent but it fades and isn't overpowering unlike other brands.

unlike other brands this leaves the hair soft , not crunchy and stiff.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cruellamcdrag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic stuff, like the reviewer below me, I can't use it when I'm super greasy (that's when I break out the Oscar Blandi) but if I get a blowout and I want it to last a week, I spritz some of this around my roots and the layers framing my face, fluff it up and no problem.

I'm a brunette and I definitely can't use tons of it, otherwise it does go gray. But go easy and everything should be ok.

Price can't be beat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I've used countless bottles of this, as I wash my hair every other day and in between I use this.
If my second-day hair is not too gresy, this does a good job and refreshes my hair. If I only use a little as needed, it doesn't leave a white cast.
However, if my hair is slightly more greasy than normal on the second day - especially my fringe - this dry shampoo does not work well enough on my hair. It does refresh it a little bit, but I still look like I need a wash!, and if I try to use a bit more to get a better effect, I get a white cast that doesn't go away no matter what.
The fragrance is a bit much (whichever one you choose), but it goes away after 5 minutes and I suppose I'm also used to it by now.
Don't get me wrong, I think this works fine and it is my dry shampoo of choice due to it being good value for money. Just don't expect miracles.