November 28, 2014 | 1897 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Loretta130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love Batiste. Have it for brunette hair. This is my third purchase and I bought three of Them. Rite Aid doesn't carry it so I got it thru Amazon. I told a friend about it and she loves it too. We sometimes use it for volume on clean hair. It smells great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by underage

Already bought a back up and just started my first can! I have the one for blonde hair and it is AMAZING at hiding roots. When I first got it I must not have been spraying enough because I didn't see the color but the second time I used it my dark roots instantly vanished! The smell is ok...kinda flowery, kinda old lady but it's nothing overwhelming. It does a good job of removing oil as well but my hair does not get greasy fast. I think it's about $8 at Urban Outfitters and they had lots of different versions. Definitely the best dry shampoo I've tried :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried everything low end and high end. To spare you the details, Tresemme sucks incredibly, and Oscar Blandi smells like lemon pledge. Suave- the silver can with yellow top- was OK, but I needed tons of it to get the desired effect.

I picked up Batiste on a whim. I got the cherry one.

Let me tell you what I need it for:
my hair is fragile because it's bleached to a platinum color. the less washing and re-styling, the better. I also need volume, and nothing works better than dry shampoo to create tons of volume at the top (oil weights hair down).

this stuff is POTENT. maybe 3 sparse sprays and it's done. which is incredible. the scent in it deodorizes my hair (smoker) and volumizes beautifully.

although the white mist won't show up on my hair, i still have to brush it out and shake it out (flip hair upside down and fluff) because this product is PACKED with oil absorbing goodness.

my new love.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, wavy dry hair but oily roots, wash every 2-3 days.

Dry shampoos are just a backup plan for me when I went 1 day too long between washings. My first can was Klorane but only got to use it 5-6x before all the 'aerosol' mysteriously disappeared over a period of a few months (common per the reviews).... there was no way in heck I was going to pay $15 for 5x for as infrequent as I use it. Also tried both the Oscar Blandi spray made the hair actually look oilier and their dry version which seemed ok but too much work to run and evenly mix thru the hair.

Great price and works just fine for my deep black brown hair (as faded by the Arizona sunshine). .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat226

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the oiliest hair on the face of the Earth. Unfortunately, I am an evening shower person; I am too tired and cold to shower in the morning and this means my roots always look oily all day. Not with this stuff. I spray it over my roots, leave it on for 2 minutes, then brush it through my hair, and the oil is gone. I still have to wash my hair everyday because of the oil, but this is enough to at least get rid of my oily roots during the day.

I am sure you could skip a hair wash using this if your hair isn't that oily; unfortunately mine is just too oily to ever skip a wash even with this product. But I never expected it to do that.

On the bonus side, the scent is quite pleasant too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised to find that this dry shampoo did the least oil-absorbing of all the brands I've tried so far. I have thick, light brown wavy hair that gets oily 2 days after washing.

When I applied this product in the same amount as I would other dry shampoos, I had no problem rubbing away the white, or brushing it through my hair. I looked good right after using it. 3-4 hours later, I looked greasy again, which doesn't happen with my other dry shampoos.

After only 4 uses, this one ended up in the bin. : (

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Fireball

Best dry shampoo I've used. It doesn't get heavy like some, and it absorbs really well into my dyed red hair. My HG dry shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by fallon4yoo

This is my favorite dry shampoo! It smells great and refreshes my hair when it is looking a little greasy. I have dark brown hair and this stuff absorbs great without leaving behind any residue! I highly recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I got the Blush dry shampoo as a free promotional gift. I had never bought dry shampoo before but since I got it for free in a small handy sample size I took it with me the last time I traveled and it's a great product.

After a long journey I felt that my hair was a little greasy so before going out I used it. My hair felt fresh and clean afterwards(obviously nothing can replace a proper shower but it came pretty close) and it didn't weight my hair down in any way. I also love the floral smell.

The only downside is that the dry shampoo is a white powder and if you have dark hair like me it might leave a fine white residue (almost like flour) on your hair. So for those with darker hair, you have to be a bit more light-handed with the use.
They do however have a dry shampoo for dark and deep brown hair with a hint of colour, which I'm going to purchase.

I definitely recommend this dry shampoo! It's affordable and great for traveling!

UPDATE:
So I tried out the new one for dark and deep brown hair and it's great! It smells good and works beautifully. The only thing I would be careful about is not to get the product on your clothes because it'll leave brown marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by LeilaBxo

Absolute lifesaver if you have to leave early without a shower! Can be a bit of a problem if you have hair product in from the night before as it creates a dandruff kind of substance in your roots so make sure there is no other product in your hair.