Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

4.1

WATER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, GLYCOL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, STEARAMIDE AMP, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, CARAMEL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

on 8/9/2008 8:25:00 PM

This lotion moisturizes really well and is not greasy at all. The only thing preventing me from using it again is the smell -- I can't stand it. I don't understand why everyone else likes it and I don't, lol.

on 8/6/2008 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this lotion. I use it every other day after my shower (I alternate between this and Jergens Natural Glow). It absorbs SO quickly but is actually really moisturizing. The fragrance is great - somewhere in between beachy and chocolate. My DH has been commenting a lot more lately on how good I smell after my shower - and I think it's this lotion. Don't know if I'll repurchase because I get bored easily and want to try new lotions, but I'm sure I'll come back to this one soon.

Lovely! At first I wasn't sure about the smell, but now, I like it a lot. I took it with me on vacation in Hawaii, so now everytime I smell it, it reminds me of that beautiful place :). It's very moisturizing and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It makes my legs (and everywhere else, for that matter) very soft and smooth when I moisturize after a shower.
Last night, my lips were kinda chapped, and I didn't feel like digging through drawers to find some decent chapstick to leave on overnight. I slathered this lotion on my lips and woke up with smooth, shiny, full lips. Woohoo! My lips are still smooth :)
Also, when I get very dry patches on my face, I can use a little bit of cocoa butter and the dryness is completely gone. My face doesn't break out either. (like it usually does..)
I love that it's cheap, the bottle is HUGE, and it has a nifty pump. I think this will work as a winter lotion as well. If you don't think you'll like the smell, don't get it, because the smell does linger for a while.

on 7/7/2008 10:47:00 PM

Bought a large container of this and it has lasted for months so far. After exfoliating and shaving my legs, I moisturize with this cocoa butter and presto! smooth, touchable legs.

It takes a few moments to soak in, but is worth it.

Just last night, I was out dancing in a jean skirt and as it was rather crowded, one of my guy friends touched my leg and couldn't get over how smooth and soft they were.

It's a keeper :-)

on 7/2/2008 9:49:00 AM

Very effectively moisturizes my skin w/ a nice, but not overpowering coco butter fragrance that even my finicky husband (he hates ALL fragrance and has the most sensitive skin EVER - breaks out w/ almost anything) likes it and uses it every day! Love the convenient pump bottle and the reasonable price. Definitely a keeper!!

on 6/28/2008 11:50:00 PM

I Love this lotion, it keeps my legs so smooth, ive even noticed a nice glow to them. The smell is great, not overpowering. I am waiting to see if it will fade some of my strech marks and eczema scars. Overall, I will definitley repurchace!

on 6/26/2008 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

After trying the cocoa body butter of the same brand and being quite happy with the results, I wanted to try a lighter formula for summer. Bad choice. This lotion is not well absorbed into the skin, and I am left with residue that looks and feels awful. My skin does not feel moisturized, and it looks greasy (yuck). Definitely will NOT repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am on my third or fourth large bottle of Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion and I must say that I plan to continue purchasing this lotion. I have extremely sensitive skin that is also very dry, so it is a real challenge for me to find body lotions that moisturize adequately without producing an allergic reaction. Luckily for me, this lotion moisturizes pretty darn well and seems to agree with my skin. Having used products with a stronger "cocoa butter" scent in the past (like Palmer's cocoa butter lotion, another great product), I don't find the fragrance of this Vaseline product overwhelming. At any rate, my husband thinks this smells nice so that is good enough for me. As others have mentioned, this lotion is fairly inexpensive and comes in a convenient pump bottle. The lotion has a surprisingly lightweight texture IMO considering its moisturizing abilities, which makes it a nice refreshing product to apply. I plan to continue purchasing this product although I may have to switch to something more "heavy-duty" when cold weather approaches. Maybe I will try the Vaseline cocoa butter body butter!

on 6/26/2008 7:44:00 AM

This is a great little summer lotion. It dries quickly and has a soft, summery cocoa butter smell. I use it once a day after the shower, and the softness lasts without reapplying. It keeps the skins bouncy and soft, and my summer tan hasn't peeled once - I'm still golden brown, no flakes. Will repurchase for summer, but might switch to a non-cocoa butter vaseline lotion for winter. Try it!

on 6/19/2008 2:50:00 AM

This lotion is a great moisturizer, but the smell was overwhelming especially for day. When applied at night, I could still smell it the next morning. Too much.

Top Rated Vaseline Products