September 30, 2014 | 2063 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by chaovivi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I cant believe i didn't try this sooner.
I have acne prone skin with tons of acne hyper pigment.
i'm on BC for my acne and my body is still adjusting so i break out around my cycle every month...which makes it so hard for my skin to get even-toned.
I love yogurt, eat everyday for the last 2 years. it has helped alot for my digestive system. who knew it can do so much for the skin?

i brought a tube of DANNON plain yogurt. not nonfat or lowfat i heard those dont work as well.
added a teaspoon of lemon juice and a nice helping of honey. mixed it up and apply it to my skin.
I left it on for 45 mins and as it dried it felt so nice....felt like my skin was getting a fresh minty breeze blown at it. then when i went to wash it off the yogurt had dried almost completely transparent on my skin.
now as i was washing it off my skin felt so very smooth and plump. it was....amazing. =D
i usually dont write reviews for products. but this is both cheap and amazing. so i had to share.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just used this for the first time tonight after hearing rave reviews on it. Since it was only the first time, nothing spectacular happened. However, it does look promising. My skin looks a little smoother and my pores do appear to have shrunk a bit. Plus with others saying that it took them consistent use, and it's paid off to them having great skin, I'll keep using this daily and update regularly!

2/4/10 - Today, one day after I did this mask for just the first time, my skin looked nicer. It looked somewhat smoother and more even-toned. A few pimples that I had on my face have also gone down significantly.

4/8/10 - I've been using this consistently for the past two months now, with the exception of a few days here and there, and this seems to work pretty well for me. I don't really break out much any more, and when I do they heal pretty quickly. My skin also is more even-toned, which is nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I used this once but stopped right away when I noticed that it dried out my skin after I washed it off. I don't really have acne right now b/c I am on benzoyl peroxide and aha and I am clear but just thought that the yogurt could brighten or moisturize but nope, just dried my skin, which I really don't need b/c the bp already dries out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

The Asprin mask is great, but I have to say, not something I can personally do more than once a week and often less. I find, while at the right times the asrin mask is super, but man others, it's too harsh. So, I go for the yogurt mask. Ive experimented with many all natural homemade skin treatments, i am a big fan of VCO and Brown sugar as a body scrub...why buy something full of chemicals and plastic beads? I like to use the papaya pulp after I make juice as an enzyme mask and add it to a TBS of plain yogurt, but not all the time.
The yogurt mask does an excellent job at evening out my skin tone and getting rid of those dark little marks from break outs. Those marks tend to last on me as my skin is olive.
I recently discovered that yogurt masks are great for dehydrated, peeling skin. Amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by beautyisskindeep18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

22/01/2010: I stumbled across this today while on MUA and I thought I would give it okay due to all the wonderful reviews.
I tried the thick and creamy greek style yoghurt and slathered it on my face and sat around for about half a hour.
To be honest I was alittle disapointed after I washed it off! I was abit more red in areas on my face and my blemish marks seemed alittle more noticable. I'm defiantly the minority here!
However I am going to try it again because the reviews are THAT great, so next time I might leave it on for alittle less time or possiably try another brand of yoghurt?
I will update...Hopefully these ratings on here will change!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ChandraBaker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE it. Everything all the other reviewers said, calms down redness, smooth soft and hydrated skin that looks AWESOME after one try. I can't wait till I'm on #10 yogurt mask. My skin will be perfect!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really great. I used a solid Greek yogurt, and I only need a tablespoon and I didn't add anything, although I'm sure honey and lemon would have been good :)
I steamed my face for 10 mins white camomile but a white clay mask, let that dry, then put on the yogurt, and I can tell you that my skin is naturally softer and is GLOWING!!! :)
Try it! But buy the good yogurt.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by DeadNinjaPixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love doing the yogurt mask. I apply right after my bath or shower, before I apply my makeup then leave on for 25 minutes. I use plain fat free yogurt Great Value brand from Walmart. I don't love the smell but I do love the affect. It makes my skin soft and hydrated. I do this everyday. The only thing that I don't like is that if I skip or miss a day it makes a difference. I feel that to get the best results that I have to do this everyday. It's totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by sparrowoftheroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yogurt masks are great! Tried this out because I figured that lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid, and yogurt has lactic acid, so it should be a cheap way to get an AHA treatment.

Went to the store and got a tub of plain yogurt. Got the fat free version because that's all they had. Reading reviews here, it looks like some people strain it to make it thicker. I just put it on as it is, and that seemed to work pretty good. It is a little runny, but it didn't drip. The coldness from the fridge was a little shocking on my face, but once I got used to it, it was more soothing. I left it on for 10-15 minutes, or until it started to dry. The first few times it burned ever so slightly, but never approached the level of a benzoyl peroxide sting.

When I washed it off, I was surprised by how soft and glowing my face was. It is seriously great. I've had good results from exfoliation before, but nothing like this. Because it is a fairly mild chemical exfoliant, I can use it around my undereye area, which aside from my nasolabial folds, are my only problem spot as far as lines go. After using this mask, my skin plumps up a bit too and my eyes immediately looks a little better.

I started using this twice weekly, and as long as I'm consistent, I no longer have a problem with dry skin or breakouts. A while after I got into this routine, I was randomly approached by a woman who said I had such flawless beautiful skin! This amazes me because I was always that poor kid with acne and flaking skin. Sometimes I get busy with school and don't keep up with the masks, and inevitably I start to get a few red dots or rough looking skin. I will continue to use these yogurt masks for the rest of my life, and I recommend that anyone try them. If it doesn't work for you, you can always throw some berries in the rest and eat it!

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by urbandecaychick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As I am typing this, I have the wonderful yogurt on my face! I use raw organic grass fed full fat cream top yogurt. First, I wash my face with goat milk soap, then exfoliate with a loofah, and then spread the yogurt on my face. I make sure to combine it with the cream top. I leave it on for ten minuted max, rinse, and feel the amazing softness! You can't go wrong with this mask! My forhead is forever dry no matter what. My cheeks, good, but not my forhead. This stuff keeps moisture on my forhead! It's hard to find raw yogurt, so organic cream top yogurt is best. You need to include the fat to maximize softness. I once tried fat free yogurt and the results weren't the same. I enjoy eating it as much as using at as a mask. Please, try this during the winter we have now! You won't regret this all natural goodness you can eat!