April 17, 2014 | 1902 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by ImaJedi

This is my absolute favorite highlight... ever. It's amazing. The gold shimmer works great w/ my NC30 skin. I have VERY oily skin so I use matte formulas for everything, but this helps give my skin get a gorgeous glow. This is perfect. <3

BUT I will not be buying this again because I found an exact dupe for $3 - ELF Studio Blush in Gotta Glow. :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is such a great higher color to contour the cheek, the top of the nose, and the brow bone. I have not really use anything else since i discover the usage for the shade. Its a nice bright tone that just wake up your look right away and make you look great and awake. I just love it and that is all that i can say about NARS highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This basically looks white shimmer in the pan but on my NC40-42 skin, it is gorgeous. It is finely milled and not too shimmery or glittery. It has a slight golden sheen to it that compliments my skintone. The only way you can go wrong with this is if you apply too much. I normally use a stippling/skunk brush and dab a tiny amount directly on my cheeks. I have a round face and this automatically gives me some cheekbones without having to contour my cheeks. I feel this is better than MAC Vanilla pigment (many people compare these two to each other) because it's easier to apply (no loose powder mess everywhere) and it goes on a lot smoother. Vanilla pigment can look slightly too shimmery especially in natural lighting. I would definitely rebuy this again. It is a must have...it should last you a long time as well. I find that it is really hard to make a dent in NARS blushes even with a lot of use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a gorgeous golden sheen on my skin....really subtle and a little goes a long way ...luv it and will buy again if i ever run out ...i was surprised to find it avilable in saudi arabia where i live.

edit : this a really beautiful subtle golden sheen ...but on my nc 40 / 42 skin ...it just doesn't look like a natural real glow i was looking for when i bought it.... but i tried it on my 4 years nc 25 skin daughter ..oh boy it looks gorgeous on her ... it was a 100% real stunning glow ...so if you are nc 25 ....you are lucky with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been on the hunt for a highlighter with gold undertones for some time; I used my MAC Lightscapade to the very last and have not found a suitable replacement.I think I have now.
NARS and its product names-I was drawn to this firstly for the name.Rime of the Ancient Mariner is one of my favorite poems,and I am a huge Monty Python fan (referencing Live at the Hollywood Bowl). So my geekiness aside,it is highly pigmented,not overly shiny,and works with my skin tones (I'm fair,warm,freckled.)I generally use it on the cheekbones over my regular blush (my favorite is Zen).I think it will last a long time,and it better considering the price! I have been lemming this for some time (over a year,I think) and finally picked it up; it's a great non glittery alternative for a little extra emphasis.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Bella08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far one of my favorite gold highlighters, adds a great glow and goes with any color blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lizchewy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Albatross is a gold toned white highlighter packaged in the signature NARS rubber casing which gets filthy so easily!! I initially used this on the top of my cheekbones and as a brow highlight, but felt a bit meh about it. It was good as the shimmer isn't disco ball chunky glitter, but it emphasised my pores. However last week whilst playing around with make up I applied this BEFORE my blush to my cheek area and then applied my blush on top - WOW!!! My cheeks had a beautiful lit from within glow which was very subtle and didn't emphasise my pores. It has gone from being a product which languished unloved in my make up stash to a permanent addition to my everyday make up bag! If I ever run out I will happily repurchase. For reference I am a cool toned PPP(paler than MAC NW15)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by littlemoonbeamm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is amazing! One tiny sweep on both cheeks can make you look like you're glowing and that you got 9+ hours of sleep. I will continue to repurchase this amazing item but since a little bit goes a long way, I'll probably have this for a while! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw Xtina's highlights on the MTV movie awards and had to have a complete highlight. I am in love! So much that I want to marry this product..lol! It really brings my foundation to life! I am not fond of matte finishes but with my oily skin matte is the best option if I want my MU to last throughout the day. WIth this product it takes that matte look and toss it. I get a glow that brightens up my face. A little goes a long way and the more I blend the better and more natural it looks. I gave PQ 4 lippies because I don't think this product should have a mirror..its pointless to me and it only adds to what it cost to make the product which hits me in the wallet.I returned MAC's Marine Life for this and I couldn't be happier. I would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by mistylovesnikras

I absolutely love this product! It's such a gorgeous highlighter! It doesn't leave any harsh edges which I love! It is shimmery but not "glittery" or "sparkly". It really creates a very beautiful, luminous effect. One of my favorite Nars purchases.