September 16, 2014 | 1503 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by fudgebrownie19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this duty free as a duo with Orgasm and the Orgasm l/g, so it wasn't as expensive as buying the standalone highlighter. Love the color, but I have to use it sparingly on my combo/oily skin to avoid the disco ball effect in the daytime (no such issues at night :D ). If I'm in a rush, I'll swipe Orgasm on cheeks, Albatross under my brows, Orgasm l/g and black eyeliner. I find the glitter slightly gritty in the packaging, but overall no issues with it. Lovely golden shimmery color that prob works better on medium skin tones or darker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this yesterday....So glad I did....Its the perfect golden highlighting powder. Its pressed so now mess with loose powder and the gold is very finely milled so there are no huge glitter pieces...Definitely need to use sparingly as coverage builds up quickly!
Could easily become a HG product...
Edit: This has become a HG product for highlighting...Love it..Matches my MAC NC20 skintone perfectly!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Kipper8588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Makes my nc20 skin look like a disco ball even after blending it out with a kabuki. MUCH prefer my MSF in soft and gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by splatternatum

This is probably my favourite highlighter for so many reasons. At first appearance, the whiteness of the product is deceiving. However when you swatch it, and or apply it to your skin, it has a gorgeous warm gold undertone to it! The shimmer is very finely milled so there is no glittery appearance, but just a lovely glow. It is fairly pricey, but because I have to use so little to get great payoff, I think this will last for a while! I use it everyday and will definitely re-purchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by cremednude

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nars Albatross is simply amazing... when i first got it I was a little afraid at the white colour and when I 1st applied it I looked a little scary haha.. The trick with this is ''less is more''. A simple sweep of this with a MAC 168 Angled Brush above your blush and your ready. The light reflecting powder is a shimmery golden colour. It gives you such a sexy refreshing glow.. I dont think my makeup would look as good without it. It looks so god on anybodys skin. I am NC20/25 with blonde hair...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ambrnazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Albatross is a really nice golden highlighter. It really really stands out on my NC42 skin. It gives a really nice golden glow that would look amazing with a tan. I never leave the house without it. It's HG for when I go out at night. I think that this might be a little too golden for the really fair skintones. So try on it store before you buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sindiosity

I only have 2 highlighters in my collection but I love it! It gives you an amazing glow and just make you look more healthy and awake. I like the packaging also but the thing I don't like about it is that it gets dirty very fast and there's no way to clean it. If there is let me know because it looks a bit gross. This is my HG item for every day. If i'm in a hurry I just put this on my cheekbones, add some mascara and lipgloss and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by emmio10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my HG highlighter! i love this so much on my medium/tan skin. This is a true candlelight glow, and is so beautiful along the cheekbones. It may look white in the pan, but when swatched it is a warm golden sheen. The powder is so finely milled and there are no chunks of glitter. I think this looks great everywhere; down the bridge of your nose, cheekbones, brow bones, and in the inner corners of your eyes for that bright-eye look, definitely multi-purpose. I don't think i'll be finishing it for a LONG time as you really don't need that much at all. I've had mine since last winter, and it still looks brand new.. considering i wear it most days since i've purchased it. The packaging sucks though, as with all the rest of NARS packaging.. as it picks up your fingerprints so easily so makes it looks dirty and i have to constantly wipe it down with baby wipes. Would've expected me as it is on the pricey side! but despite that, if i ever ran out.. i would repurchase in a heart beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by elib067

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PREFACE: I am cool toned about NW20 at the moment (I range from 15-30) but I prefer more neutral colored face products.

REVIEW: I love albatross. It has a nice golden sheen to it which can look more natural (on me) than a pink sheen ie benefit high beam. I love NARS packaging and the mirror really is nice because I end up using it a ton! If you love copacabana but the cream formula doesn't really work for you definitely give this a try. I don't really have oily skin...I would say more on the dry to combination side by the end of the day...but powders just work better for me and don't slide. The powder lasts a long time on the skin and actually matches well with many (maybe not all) NARS blushes.

STARS: I gave it 4 stars because it is nearly perfect. I think it is a bit on the pricey side so that knocked half a star off and the color knocked half a star off (total 4 stars). Although I said I loved the color I think if it was a little less golden it would have been more universally flattering which is what I am looking for in a product (meaning it would match all of my makeup). Overall still absolutely lovely product and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Albatross is unusual because it gives a warm glow, not cool and silvery. I personally love it and use it where I want to catch the light upon my face. Light application is the way to go and I love it for a sheer eye wash or over all eye shadow to give an unusual blending effect, brightening the eye.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No