E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

I don't know how this product got so many good reviews.It does nothing for my lashes except make them look kindy watery and glimmery in a wierd but not very noticable way. My lashes look better bare! The brow gel side was wet and sticky and made my brows look strange and almost fake way. Maybe if you looked amazing in clear mascara you'd like this (but I don't think anyone would want their lashes to look sparkly and watery) so I gave it two stars. I think the price, $5CAD, is very expensive considering this doesn't work well and you can at 2 more bucks and get a good mascara that actually works

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I gave it a 5 but I won't be purchasing again. I only used it on my eyebrows and lower eyelashes and I can get the exact same effect with a mascara wand and one of those little travel size bottles of the clear Fruit Of The Earth 100% pure aloe vera gel. A lot cheaper and still small enough for my makeup bag and more sanitary because I wash my mascara brush every other day.

UPDATE 1.21.11
I've been using Ardell Lash & Brow for a while now and it works better than this because my brows look nicer with the Ardell and it has filled them out to where they were in my early 20's and got rid of a small bald spot one of my brows used to have.

on 8/3/2010 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My first ever clear mascara. I don't like wearing mascara since it tends to run, and also waterproof ones take forever to remove. I only bought this to try to mascara side. The brow side I don't use, but tried, the brush is so rough, it scrapes my brows and hurts. As for the mascara side, it actually makes my lashes look pretty nice, and natural looking. I layer it probably 3 times each eye, since the brush doesn't seem to pick up much product. So far my tube isn't dried out like other reviewers have mentioned. I've had my mascara for about 3 weeks already and it's still going!
Though, they should have made this separate, I have no use for the brow side.

on 6/21/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My mom bought one of those natural eye's complete look ELF kits from a discount store when we were on vacation because out luggage with her makeup bag got lost and she basically wanted the eyeshadow and the brush, and it had this product in it and she gave it to me because I've really been wanting to try a brow gel. I didn't even use the mascara and I don't really plan to but I have been using the brow gel everyday for about a month now because when I first wake up my brows can look a little crazy.

It's an okay product does the job, doesn't make my eyebrows look thick and hard or anything. The only thing I don't like is how the packaging is clear and it is getting dirty and disgusting looking because of my powder bow color I apply first...Worth a dollar though I guess : )

on 6/21/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love this for my brows!i use this to tame them and keep them in place after i fill them in.

on 6/20/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't want to sound elitist because I buy mu from the cheapie DS stuff to HE.

This product is just not usable unless you want caked on and stiff brows/lashes. The packaging is awful and will allow air and bacteria into the tube. The product dries up within one month.

I bought this because my niece asked me to and then she had questions about it and that is how I became familiar with it. I generally stay away from mu made in China -- I have a thing about melamin ..lol.

on 6/20/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Pretty good product. This was my first clear mascara, and it's really good as a brow gel and defining my lashes during the summer, which is when I like to wear clear mascara, because I don't have to worry about taking it all my makeup off before the pool.

on 6/16/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love clear mascaras, so I was pretty excited to try a cheap one. I was quite disappointed. It hardened on my lashes in a bizarre way, they stuck together every time I blinked, it was awful. Applying it was no picnic either, as the bristles were very hard/stiff and in abundance, so it was just piling on. Even stranger, I left this mascara on my bathroom counter (closed completely) for about a week and it hardened. I couldn't even pull the brush out to test it once more. I examined the tube for cracks and found none, and it hadn't leaked or anything. Both sides had hardened. Insane. This was the first E.L.F. product that I disliked, and I wanted it so badly to be just my bad luck, but customers at the store where I work(which is not where I bought mine) reported similar results. Don't know why this isn't mentioned in other reviews, maybe it's just LOTS of bad luck.

(I never used the brow side, as I hardly have any eyebrows to speak of. Certainly nothing to brush. They just grow in that way, never plucked or shaped them.)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had high hopes for this product, and it didn't disappoint! I thought it would be really hard when it dried on the brows but I was wrong. It tames your brows nicely without hardening up like hair gel. This is my first tube of clear mascara. I usually use black mascara but I hate it when it smudges when my lashes get the tiniest bit wet. I also dislike using waterproof mascara as it takes quite a while to remove. This lash+brow mascara is really wonderful. It's cheap and it does its job real well!

on 6/9/2010 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm someone who HATES wearing mascara. It wasn't until recently that I decided that wearing clear mascara would be a good way to hold a lash curl without having to worry about smudges, so I bought this on the ELF website. Super cheap. $1.00. LOVE E.L.F and their crazy cheap prices.

I also bought their mechanical eyelash curler (my first eyelash curler LOL) to use with this.

I really love the clear mascara. It doesn't feel goopy or sticky and it doesn't make my lashes stiff. I don't like wearing that much eye makeup, but I really do notice more length after I apply this. I was just looking for something to hold the curl without having to resort to regular black mascara. It does hold the curl quite nicely throughout the day, but I was also surprised to see that it actually lengthened my lashes. Not something I'd expect from a CLEAR mascara.

I think everyone needs to own a clear mascara. They're great for the beach, or theme park outings, when you want nice lashes but don't want to worry about racoon eyes.

The brow gel is just as good. Tames unruly hairs nicely. Doesn't make them hard or super shiny.

HIGHLY recommended. For a measly $1.00, it is worth a try.