September 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This came in an ELF makeup set I purchased at ROSS. I love ELF, I use a lot of their products on a day to day basis. I was planning on using this product just to set my eyebrows. I figure both sides are basically the same so I started to use the brow side first for my brows and man was it painful, the brush is really rough on my skin beneath my brows. So I decided to try the eyelash side and same thing. The wand bristles are really stiff and rough on my brows. I'll stick to my LA Colors clear mascara to set my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLilies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I only use this on my lashes.

Unlike other clear mascara's I've tried, the formula for this is rather waxy/sticky, so it actually holds my curl instead of weighing my lashes down.

The formula for both sides are the same, the only difference is the brush. Which means, if you only use it for one purpose (lashes or brows), you can just untwist both sides and switch out the tubes.

The only thing I hate about this is that I can never find it locally, and the one time I was able to get it was when I picked it up at a dollar store on vacation. Oh, and I finished this in about a month or two. The amount of product you get is very minimal.

Note to self: stock up like crazy the next time you see this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by plumsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for something like the brow end of this and I'm glad I found this one because it was dirt cheap, and the wand/tube is such that not too much comes out (an issue I've had with others); it's just the right amount of product to set my eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It really combs out the brows and can help give the illusion of fuller, thicker brows if that's what you want. I won't use this on my lashes unless I need to get rid of clumps of mascara but if I run out of the brow side, the ingredients are exactly the same for the lash side, so I can just use that afterwards. It does hold the brows in place, it's not a super strong gel or anything, but it works. I will definitely be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's cheap and does what its suppose to do :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by angelmagno

this wasn't really my fave. product from elf but i use this before i curl my lashes. (i let it dry before i curl! which is really effective btw, especially for people with short asian eyelashes like mine. then you apply black mascara after. :D) but yeah. i don't really use the gloss for the eyebrows. (i think it's gross.) but i the clear one is an okay product for setting my eyelashes. (lol, did that even make sense?) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by livinggood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this product for my brows only!great buy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product! And it's of course only $1! I had some Revlon eyebrow gel before I think and this works way better! Sets my brows all day and doesn't flake at all. Haven't tried it on my eyelashes so i think I will use both ends for my brows. Will absolutely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great price! Love the product but it gets dirty very quickly, well, all do... I would totally recommend this!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by lgbnaf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Neither product has any lasting effect. Kinda pointless to waste time carefully applying. Thought I would at least repurpose the applicator but trashed it after never using it again. This is my first real disappointment with E.L.F. though, at least it was cheap. (I really haven't used their cosmetics that much though, mostly I have been interested in their brushes, which I am currently(lol) loving.)
Gloss lash would need to be reapplied too often during the day.
Brow doesn't hold brow hairs and can look super flakey if over-applied.