November 23, 2014 | 1884 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Magnolia46

I've always been on the hunt for a TRULY waterproof, smudge proof mascara. I bought this one based on the reviews here and am pleased with the results.

The only thing I found was that I had to really powder my undereye area well, but I have had to do that with all mascaras to keep the smudges away. So far so good, haven't been swimming with it yet but I'll update when I do.

I've been using Sky High Curves/waterproof and have really enjoyed it but it's a bit higher in price and when you go through a tube of mascara a month it adds up!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ilovemybandgeek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of Lash Exact, so I figured why not try out waterproof? This is the only waterproof mascara I've used that doesn't make my lashes look disgusting and clumpy. Definitley repurchasing when I run out ^__^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 11:49:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

I do a lot of pool-partying in the summer, and therefore need good tough waterproof makeup. The jury's still out on eyeliner (haven't found one that can withstand it yet), but this mascara is a winner. I purchased it in black-brown, which is an appropriate color for me (NW20 skin, warm-brown hair, dark brown eyes, long brown lashes). I generally don't need mascara, but when I do wear it, I search for a non-clumpy, lengthening formula that doesn't flake - my personal HG is Clinique Naturally Glossy. This does not clump. This does lengthen. And it does not flake. I got out of the pool today with graying eyeliner, but with my lashes still sexed out and dark. Waterproof test = passed. I got the MF Lash Perfection back in its first round, so I'm no stranger to the brush. The packaging is VERY sturdy for this brand, and the wand locks into place. Overall, I'm really glad I bought this -- I think it will come in handy, especially for events when I need my eye makeup to last longer than I myself can. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2006 3:00:00 PM More reviews by checkered_lily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After having missed out on Max Factor's Lash Perfection, (I've never seen it in stores) I stumbled upon this at my neighborhood CVS, and in a waterprooof formula no less! The special brush is impressive. I usually have to remove excess mascara with a tissue before applying, but not with this new fangled brush. While a lash comb is still a good idea, I used it straight out of the tube -- read wastes less product. My lashes looked long and defined and the curl held. I couldn't tell you if it stays on after swimming as I don't wear makeup in the pool, but I would buy this again for regular wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 2:29:00 AM More reviews by cupcakequeen

i have never been a waterproof mascara kind of girl. until now, that is. (i think i have found my hg!) this mascara is amazing, i swear. first, it doesn't have that gross wp smell. second, it holds a curl better than anything i have ever found. third, it stays in place when i go swimming. (i can float on a raft, jump in the pool like a little kid, swim underwater and pretend to be a fish - this stuff ain't moving!) my boyfriend was even amazed! i got out of the pool today smudge-free, clump-free, bunched-up lash free ... as long as cover girl makes this mascara, i'll buy it. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the regular lash exact and longed for a waterproof version of it. Thank goodness CG heard my call. This is the most wonderful waterproof mascara that I have ever tried. I needed a WP mascara for hot and humid days when the regular mascara would just not hold through the intense moisture. This mascara holds very well. It does not smudge, flake, or wear away. I have notice that it doesn't build as well as the regular lash exact. I can only get 2 coats out of this without my lashes looking spidery. With the regular version I could get 3 to 4 coats. Fair warning though....you will need a very good eye makeup remover because this stuff does not budge. My Avon moisture effective eye makeup remover workes very well with the regular lash exact, but this waterproof version requires something stronger. I use Lancome's bifacial with this and it removes the mascara very well. overall this is a great mascara and I will always purchase for the hot summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2006 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Valerie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really liking this one. It comes with a brush that has short little spikes all over it. This is the key to getting lashes separated. It really does separate lashes well. And it's very lengthening too. Makes lashes look very long and just perfect. It doesn't really thicken, but it's not too thin. Cute packaging too. Doesn't make my eyes water the way some waterproof mascaras do. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2006 9:29:00 PM More reviews by PINKSG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well this almost became my fav mascara but it has it's flaws. It's so easy to apply, the brush is fantastic. I can get my lashes really long and the best part is getting every tiny lash in the corners. It seems to be a little drying, hope that won't mean missing eyelashes. It does flake a little. The worst part is that it smudges onto my upper eyelid. I haven't had that problem before and I don't like black smudges even though it's easy to correct. Just would have to keep my e/s handy. I probably won't buy it again but I answered yes because I will try it awhile longer or until I find something better. I'm just testing the new mascaras but I would recommend trying this one. It's really an amazing brush which gives me the idea to try the brush with other mascaras. It's packaged so that the brush comes separate. Will update in a few weeks. UPDATE: Does dry my lashes and have a lost a few. Won't buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by teachaero

Well, I could not wait for MF or CG to come out with this mascara in a waterproof formula. I went and bought it at Ulta.

At first, I did like it. It does hold curl and gives understated definition to my sparse, light colored lashes. BUT, after about the third use, I noticed that it did not go on as smoothly, it did actually clump a bit, and I had to comb through my lashes with a dry spoolie.

It does hold up fairly well throughout the day. I teach Spin classes, and even after two hours of sweating, working out and toweling off my face repeatedly, it did stay on except for a little flaking. So maybe I just need to master my application technique with this new brush some more?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by blondie_whoot

I brought this product looking for the best waterproof mascara out there that a little money could by. this is good it deffinatly stays on but when put up to the water test i just wish it would hold up better a tiny bit.