Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have curly hair which unfortunately means that it's prone to frizz, especially when my hair is wet. I use this on my wet hair right after I get out of the shower and it works great. My hair is alot easier to deal with and it doesn't make it feel greasy, Will repurchase!<3

on 6/18/2008 4:02:00 PM

Thanks, ladies! I bought this based on reviews here and it really does work. I was using Kiehl's leave in and found that it didn't help with frizzies and seemed to make my wave/curl pattern off (straight on bottom, spirally on top). The Garnier leave in really does help with frizz and shine! It seemed like my hair dried a little faster too-- meaning the waves didn't dry all wonky. My hair is really soft, much less frizzy, and super manageable.

on 6/7/2008 2:11:00 PM

I really like this product. I use the entire line of sleek and shine products. I have baby fine hair, but its curly. So I need weightlessness, and lots of moisture for my ends, as well as frizz control and softening. This does it all for me. True, if you apply too much, it will leave your hair heavy. You only need a little bit. And if you read the bottle, it recommends that it be used on clean, damp, hair. For me this works best on slightly damp hair and air dried. I don't generally straighten anymore and I get great, frizz free, shiny curls like this. I've also used this on dry hair and sprized my ends with a little distilled water to refresh. Great stuff. If you're using more than a dime size, you probably won't like the effect you get. And my hair is bra strap length. As far as build up, most styling products build up over time which is why everyone switches around so much. If you clarify once every 2-3 weeks, and not overdue the amount of stylers you use, you wouldnt have that problem. Granted there's a lot of crap out there, but I found this to be better than the majority of the salon products I've used. And I'm a hairdresser!

on 6/3/2008 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my recent HG leave-in. I like it a little bit better than the curl and shine leave-in (which was recently discontinued) because this one seems to help better with reducing frizz. This helps smoothe out my hair cuticle, helping to provide slip and shine. Sometimes I use this as a mild curl cream for my 3a/3b, slightly dry, prone to frizz hair.

on 4/10/2008 10:23:00 AM

I really like this product as it makes my hair tangle free after washing. I use it every other day and it does not weigh down my hair or cause build-up, but it does give it extra moisture. For the price, the product is awesome. Anything that makes me able to comb through my hair without getting caught on snarls is a winner.

on 2/21/2008 11:51:00 AM

This is a pretty nice product for when you don't want to spend too much money on a leave-in or a styling product. In my area, this is half the price of Sunsilk or Dove or any other comperable product.

I use this after I shower on my damp (usually towel-dried) hair before I blow dry. This adds moisture and reduces frizz. It also helps my hair shine, and prevents the split ends that would come from heat styling. The smell matches my Fructis shampoo/conditioner combo, which is nice. I wish that I could use this on my dry hair with success, but I think it would build up too easily because it is a cream rather than a spray (I like sprays for every day).

I have two complaints about the product (other than the spray thing). The biggest one is that it can be really easy to overuse on the scalp, causing build-up and flakes. People with really oily hair (who probably shouldn't be using the product anyway, as it's not for their hairtype) might want to use a clarifying shampoo every week. My second complaint is that when the bottle is close to empty, I can't stand it upside down because it falls over. Also, the product smooshes on the side after use, leaving behind a gross white crust.

I'd repurchase, though, as it's a good, basic product for a low price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i luuuuuv this product! it smells incredible and works like a rich creamy dream. it helps any lil dandruff disappear and adds a lil shine to my hair when straightening it. it also does NOT weigh my hair down when applied properly. all in all a great product.

on 1/28/2008 3:18:00 AM

It's great for taming annoying fly-aways and smoothing hair off the face into something sleeker and more manageable. As for conditioning, I didn't really notice any difference and it didn't seem to untangle or nourish my hair. I didn't like how it sometimes made my hair feel heavy, sticky, and somewhat hard to brush through and look sort of greasy and flat. Other times, it worked wonderfully in making my hair more manageable and styling it into a neater, sleeker, and more polished look. I think it works better if applied to wet hair. The thing that I really don't like is that I have to use the anti-residue shampoo more frequently when I use this leave-in cream because of the residue and product build-up. I initially liked the fruity smell, but it later turned sour and I now find the scent nauseating and unbearable.

on 1/25/2008 5:19:00 PM

For the price I bought it at, it worked decently. I wanted something that would tame my hair when it gets frizzy during cold weather and it worked well enough. The smell is very nice- a citrus-like scent. It detangles hair pretty well and if you want something that does the job fairly well at a cheap price, this is it.

I really like this product however I had to dilute it alot and put it in a different bottle because I like spray bottles better. I use it after I get out of the shower and brush it through and then if I feel like my hair is feeling dry during the day i'll spray it on dry lightly and brush it through. I straighten my hair and doing this doesn't mess up my straightened hair at all and makes it feel extremely soft. It's cheap and effective! would buy again but since I dilute it so much I dont see myself needing anymore for a very long time!

Popular Styling Products