July 23, 2014 | 1322 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

though i really like the price and container and the amount you get, this stuff is just like dumping some wax on your head. another crap product for garnier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jdianne86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I don't see how anyone could NOT absolutely love this product. I think the smell is wonderful and whenever I need to detangle my hair fairly quickly, this is the only leave-in conditioner I trust to get the job done! Also, I have very fine, thin hair that is color-treated. It's funny because I know this stuff works. Whenever I use it, my boyfriend notices how shiny and smooth my hair looks and feels, and the few mornings I tried not to use it, he never said anything.. just that my hair wasn't as shiny as it was! I use this in conjuction with my Beyond the Zone Straight Shot Straightening Balm (I flat iron my hair about 3-4 times a week).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2006 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sdaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell of this stuff could wilt flowers. But, I like the results and the smell doesn't linger. I used to use Matrix Sleek & Shine leave-in lite even if I was air drying my hair, but it became too heavy. This works just as well and is less expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by xt73

A real dissapointment. I love the Sleek and Shine serum, but this stuff does not work. It has the same fruity Garnier Fructis scent, but almost a little too strong. It is sticky, and feels waxy after hair dries. Didn't make my hair shiny; in fact, maybe a bit duller. I have fine straight hair, so it might work better on someone with coarser/curly hair (especially if you want a little definition.) If you are looking for "sleek and shine", go for the serum. It's much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jcyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this conditioner after I get out of the shower and before I barrage my hair with irons and blowdryers. It is a little thick, and I have to be careful because my hair is a bit on the fine side, but for the most part my hair actually looks and feels much, much healther than when I was using FF. Very silky and shiney. This is an awesome replacement because it costs less than $5 and comes in a HUGE container. The only downside is it smells god-awful, but that fades pretty quickly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I am really sad that this did not work for me. It was a bit too thick and although, my hair is thick and can be coarse, it made it unmanageable and actually frizzier than norm. That said, I am really disappointed. I am going back to my dear Johnson's Buddies leave-in spray (for chidlren).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 3:09:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My 3rd Garnier product I have ever tried. Garnier products are not nearly conditioning enough for dry damaged colored hair like my own. The only reason I got this was because it was buy 3 of their products for only $8 at Walgreens the other day. Plus I used it in Hawaii while on vacation so the scent reminds of that time. But then this other lady's review mentioned that the scent closely reminded her of bugspray. I can see what she is saying. *sigh* back to my HG Herbal Essences for me. This leave In conditioner does nothing for my hair. It can't even help me comb it out. Not the best I have tried. So far the scent is the only thing going for it if I can get the thought of bugspray out of my head.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2006 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Jujubegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried this when I was trying to manage my very long, very thick permed hair. It's had a tendency to frizz lately, and is hard to control. It was very havy and flattened out a lot of the curl, leaving it an ugly wavy sort of mess.

So I put the stuff aside.

Now, I am so frustrated with my hair and waiting for the perm to grow out, and I am trying to flatten out the curl enough that I can braid it. This stuff works okay for that. I dampen my hair slightly, then run some of this goo through my hair, and then braid.

It's good enough, for someone who refuses to use an iron or other heat to straighten out her stupid perm. (I did love the perm, but it's too much to maintain, and instead of a re-perm, I'm opting to grow it out.)

The bottle stinks. I have to really mash it to get any product out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UGH, I just can't get past the awful smell. This is a leave-in conditioning cream, similar in texture to L'Oreal Studio Line Anti-frizz cream (but the L'Oreal cream smells great). It smells so bad, I had to return it. I wouldn't wish this bad smell on my worst enemy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 11:20:00 PM More reviews by bethany117

Looks like it's just me..but this stuff was horrible on my hair. Made it very weighed down..very heavy cream. And my hair seemed frizzier after using it too. Will not repurchase and will most likely put this up for swap.