Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. F.I.L. D46895/1.

on 8/3/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have long thick straight asian hair. After moving from a humid area to a dry area for a year, I find my hair suffering tons of split ends. My hair tangles so badly every morning that i can't comb it at all. I put this product after towel-dried hair (as instruction), but unfortunately, no matter how little i tried to put, it still makes my hair feel heavy and glossy. Due to the heavy buildup, it adds much to body to my hair like i've put in an entire bottle of volumizer. I've tried Neutrogena triple moisture leave-in cream and that seems to be much lighter and less buildup. I'm still on the hunt of my HG leave-in.

Oh, btw, it does smell great. Such a shape it's a no keeper.

on 7/25/2008 7:38:00 AM

This is a very good leave in conditioner that leaves my dry, frizzy hair managable but not gross and greasy. Just use a little though -- if you use too much you might be a bit weighed-down. Very inexpensive, good value.

on 7/4/2008 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

my first time using this, i was walking in publix, spotted this, put some in my hand (heheh), and applied it to my hair. It smelled great and i noticed how touchibly soft my hair was!! so i bought the whole bottle. At first i was using it on towel dried hair and then i'd blow dry, but i noticed my hair was not soft like it was at the store. So i started using it AFTER i'm done blow drying and it works better! the blow dry kinda burns most of the product off, that's why i wasn't gettting results. Instead, i use tresemme heat tamer before i blow dry, and this cream after.... :)

on 6/21/2008 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This product does an outstanding job on my daughter's hair- which is very soft, curly, and tangles easily. It makes her unruly hair manageable, just like it advertises on the bottle. This is one of those rare products that I will contine to buy over and over. I just hope it's never discontinued. It does everything it says it will do on the bottle for my daughter's hair. When I wash her hair first, I get great results. If I don't wash it, I still get really good results. I can't wait to try it on my own hair which is naturally kinky, curly. The only reason I didn't give this product all 5s is because, when I get down to the last drop, it's going to be very difficult to use every last drop. If the product was in a jar instead, I would be able to wipe every bit up with my fingers. I guess I just have to cut open the bottle. (*_*)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have curly hair which unfortunately means that it's prone to frizz, especially when my hair is wet. I use this on my wet hair right after I get out of the shower and it works great. My hair is alot easier to deal with and it doesn't make it feel greasy, Will repurchase!<3

on 6/18/2008 4:02:00 PM

Thanks, ladies! I bought this based on reviews here and it really does work. I was using Kiehl's leave in and found that it didn't help with frizzies and seemed to make my wave/curl pattern off (straight on bottom, spirally on top). The Garnier leave in really does help with frizz and shine! It seemed like my hair dried a little faster too-- meaning the waves didn't dry all wonky. My hair is really soft, much less frizzy, and super manageable.

on 6/7/2008 2:11:00 PM

I really like this product. I use the entire line of sleek and shine products. I have baby fine hair, but its curly. So I need weightlessness, and lots of moisture for my ends, as well as frizz control and softening. This does it all for me. True, if you apply too much, it will leave your hair heavy. You only need a little bit. And if you read the bottle, it recommends that it be used on clean, damp, hair. For me this works best on slightly damp hair and air dried. I don't generally straighten anymore and I get great, frizz free, shiny curls like this. I've also used this on dry hair and sprized my ends with a little distilled water to refresh. Great stuff. If you're using more than a dime size, you probably won't like the effect you get. And my hair is bra strap length. As far as build up, most styling products build up over time which is why everyone switches around so much. If you clarify once every 2-3 weeks, and not overdue the amount of stylers you use, you wouldnt have that problem. Granted there's a lot of crap out there, but I found this to be better than the majority of the salon products I've used. And I'm a hairdresser!

on 6/3/2008 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my recent HG leave-in. I like it a little bit better than the curl and shine leave-in (which was recently discontinued) because this one seems to help better with reducing frizz. This helps smoothe out my hair cuticle, helping to provide slip and shine. Sometimes I use this as a mild curl cream for my 3a/3b, slightly dry, prone to frizz hair.

on 4/10/2008 10:23:00 AM

I really like this product as it makes my hair tangle free after washing. I use it every other day and it does not weigh down my hair or cause build-up, but it does give it extra moisture. For the price, the product is awesome. Anything that makes me able to comb through my hair without getting caught on snarls is a winner.

on 2/21/2008 11:51:00 AM

This is a pretty nice product for when you don't want to spend too much money on a leave-in or a styling product. In my area, this is half the price of Sunsilk or Dove or any other comperable product.

I use this after I shower on my damp (usually towel-dried) hair before I blow dry. This adds moisture and reduces frizz. It also helps my hair shine, and prevents the split ends that would come from heat styling. The smell matches my Fructis shampoo/conditioner combo, which is nice. I wish that I could use this on my dry hair with success, but I think it would build up too easily because it is a cream rather than a spray (I like sprays for every day).

I have two complaints about the product (other than the spray thing). The biggest one is that it can be really easy to overuse on the scalp, causing build-up and flakes. People with really oily hair (who probably shouldn't be using the product anyway, as it's not for their hairtype) might want to use a clarifying shampoo every week. My second complaint is that when the bottle is close to empty, I can't stand it upside down because it falls over. Also, the product smooshes on the side after use, leaving behind a gross white crust.

I'd repurchase, though, as it's a good, basic product for a low price.

Popular Styling Products