Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.3

on 2/23/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this since high school and I've loved it since. Beautiful color and consistency. I have switched to other kinds of eyeliner but ALWAYS come back to this one. Thank you Bobbi Brown!

on 2/7/2008 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

It worked amazingly. That's all I can say =]

The package is a tinyyyy little tub, and it costs 20 bucks USD. It's expensive compared to the MAC Fluidline, but heck, it works super! Never smudges!!! I put it on during the morning and it didn't smudge or budge 9 PM!! Amazing.

Will def repurchase again!

on 1/21/2008 11:01:00 PM

Ok i haven't tried blacktrack or any fluidlines by MAC but i think the general consensus is that these are smoother and longer lasting than the F/Ls. This is sad, since these melt off in a matter of hours. it is ok for the upper eyelid since there is nowhere for eyeliner on the upper eyelid to melt to, but i have to wear udpp on my lower lashine (talk about uncomfortable!) in order for this to stay throughout the day. I am also putting this on in the thinnest of layers so as not to create that smudged, melted crayon look. Asian oily thin-eyelids for reference
EDIT: ok I was clearly a n00b when i first wrote this review. This is not the perfect eyeliner, but it's the best one there is. until i find my favorite one, I am going to keep using this...

on 1/6/2008 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this gel liner. After trying every eyeliner I could, for years, I was searching for something that I wouldn't have to reapply during the day at work, or while out at night. This stuff lasts me all day without one touch up, doesn't smudge and stays really well on the inner rim when I wear it like that at night. It also doesn't give me panda eyes like a lot of liners can do. I use it with the Fine Liner Brush, and the only thing that annoys me about it is that you need to wash it after every single use or else the gel dries on it and it doesn't work as well. This is the only gel liner I've tried, but overall it is a lot better than a traditional pencil or liquid eyeliner.

on 1/5/2008 11:14:00 PM

These gels are the best! I have many & find the black and granite to never disappoint. They work well if you dip a small eyeliner brush into the gel & then work it out of the top. Won't be too thick or harsh. Doesn't run in the hottest weather & stays on through sports or a hard day at work. Highly recommend.

on 12/28/2007 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Forget the Stila Smudgepot, this is my HG product. It stays on my lower eyelid rim for about 6 hours before it starts to fade. Its easy smudge. The cost isnt bad since I got it in a kit with the Chocolate Shimmer Ink and the Black Ink, brush and the Everything mascara . For less than $40 I dont think it was that bad

on 12/16/2007 9:54:00 PM

This eyeliner is alright in my opinion. I would probably hate it if I actually had to pay for it but It was given to by a friend. It's kindof hard to apply and when I smudge it by accident it's hard to fix. When I don't mess up it's a realllly nice line and it stays for awhile! I think i'll stick to pencil eyeliners as they are easier for me to use!

on 12/14/2007 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Not only does the ink gel itself costs a BOMB, the eyeliner brush adds another hole to my pocket. I really don't get all the raves about this product. The brush gets out of shape after awhile, and sometimes the eyeliner smudges on my upper and lower eyelids. I have never had this upper eyelid smudging problem with other gel/liquid eyeliners. But it is indeed lasting. I'll give it that...otherwise....over-rated.

on 11/21/2007 10:34:00 PM

rich black, never smudge. i love this eyeliner!

on 11/18/2007 9:25:00 PM

This is the only eyeliner I've found that is truly waterproof. It really is pitch black. The cost is a little expensive for eyeliner but it does last a long time. Mine has dried out around the edges but there's still plenty, though I don't wear it on a daily basis because I prefer something quicker and more natural looking. It also takes a while to get used to applying this with a brush, especially if you're used to liquid and pencil liners.