July 30, 2014 | 1131 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Makamae97

First of all let me tell you I have very sensitive, acne prone, oily t zone skin,and mediocre pores. I have been battling acne/cystic acne for over 20 years. For the last 6 months I have been researching product for acne skin without all the synthetic stuff in it. I break out with almost all otc products. On youtube found alot of good reviews on this product and on MUA. So for the great reviews/ awesome cheap price/ nice ingrediant decided to get it.

I have been using Aztec Indian Healing Clay mask for about a month and a half and I have noticed these major differences...

1) pores are drastically smaller
2) pulls blackheads/whiteheads out or to the surfaces
3) skin looks/feels sooo much smoother
4) acne(regular pimples) is/are a little better (30 %)
5) when I have a pimple it does heal it alot faster
6) cystic acne gets dried up much faster, sometimes half the size
7) skin is soooo soft

I usually leave mask on for 30 mins then take a shower ( easier to take off ). Then I moisturize- one time I forgot and face was dry in the morning. Face is red for a little under an hour but that is nothing compared to the pros....

FYI- daily routine is as follows...
morning/night- face wash with st ives green tea cleanser
moisterizer with cetaphil
organic extra virgin olive oil around eyes

3x week- exfoliate with st ives green tea scrub or st ives apricot scrub for black heads

2x week- aztec mask with organic acv

I use organic extra virgin olive oil as a makeup remover and after face wash...

So far I like this product...I will see how is works after 6 months and if it keeps on working as it does with better results I will probably buy again. I will try to update after New Years....

Hope some info works for someone else ;P

Update 8/23/13

LOOVE this stuff!!! Got my family using the mask now.

My daily routine has changed a little:

Face wash: St Ives Green Tea Scrub/ St Ives Apricot Scrub
Moisturizer/ Makeup Remover: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

Mask I use once a month or when I get breakouts/acne

This is definately a HG in my cabinet Forever!!!!

This also works on bug bites & eczema!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Aztec Secret

Forget any so-called silly ready-made ďmaskĒ you have ever bought. Nothing can compare.

As a full-blown beauty enthusiast & product junky, Iíve tried me some masks Ė many of which I liked Ė but I was not ready for what I was about to learn: that every ďmaskĒ I ever ďlikedĒ has NOTHING on this, baby! Nothing.

So, lets talk QHMJM, the most talked about mask. Good stuff, except it contains irritants like methyl, as do many other masks. And do you know what itís main ingredient is? Well, itís THIS! So with this you basically get the same mask, on turbo charged and minus the irritants. Most masks are chalk full of all kinds of ingredients, and this only has one: pure bentonite clay (volcanic ash). Itís simple. And it works so much better. The best part of itís simplicity is that you are able to customize it to fit your wants/needs.

I use it to shrink and purge more pores and to treat occasional acne as I get it. I mix mine with apple cider vinegar (ACV) and the more natural/pure the form, the better. (I suggest organic, w/ the mother Ė even though it looks nasty). I donít mix mine 50/50 as the instructions suggest. To me it always turns out way too watery, so I just mix in a bowl, little by little, until it becomes creamy. I donít like it to be too thick, but not too runny either. I think it is best to use a dropper to add the ACV and make very little, and add more powder/liquid as necessary. You really need a lot less then you think you do, and so itís best to air on the side of too little Ė not only save product, but because it is a pain to clean if you have a bowl full you need to wash!

I do not put it on anywhere NEAR as thick as they suggest. I put on a rather thin layer, just thick enough so that I canít see my skin. Otherwise, it will take a million years to dry. Even when I do this, it still isnít fully dry in 30 minutes. I try and leave it on as long as I can stand, but itís rarely long enough for it to dry all the way, but itís still effective. If you didnít feel it pulsate, you didnít leave it on long enoughÖ sometimes I donít feel until about 20 minutes into the process. I recommend doing something that will distract you so you donít sit there an think about how weird it feels and how badly you want to itch or chip it off. Do not go and watch something hilariousÖ when you laugh or smile it will crack off you face and itch more! Donít talk on the phone, donít try and eat, drink through a strawÖ do whatever you need to do to stay as stationary and expressionless as possible!

Also, keep it far away from your eyes & mouth. When it tightens it will become very uncomfortable if you donít, especially around the sensitive skin around the eye sockets. What I do is after Iíve smoothed it out everywhere, I take a damp Qtip and clean it up anywhere that got too close before it dries.

When itís dry, & Iím ready to remove, I start moving my face around and let as much of it crumble off as I can get. Then I take a damp warm washcloth and hold it onto the face until the mask softened and GENTLY wipe it away. You skin will be very sensitive, red, and blotchy, so please be nice to it right now. Then follow up with a basic moisturizer for sensitive skin (no fragrances, no special ingredients like chemical exfoliants or lighteners) and donít try and do any other treatments right after. Give you skin the night to recover, because this stuff is intense! I have tried using moisturizers with BHA/AHA and it just burned really bad! A lot of people complain about it being too drying, but I find a nice night cream (I use olay for sensitive skin) takes care of that. Sometimes I reapply it a couple times in the night. It you still have a issues, try adding some honey to your mixture. Also, donít over use it, either. Only use it when & where you need it!

This stuff really does tighten on the skin. You can feel it; thatís the pulsing they are talking about. You can also tell because if a piece chips off the skin under that area kind bulges out around the drying mask and you can see it pulling at the edgesÖ itís the weirdest thing ever. Honestly, it kinda creeps me out. Itís worth it though. After I take it off my skin is smooth, firm and inflammation is reduced. My pores are visibly smaller and cleared out. Overall skin looks healthy and glowy.

You can do variations of this mask using things like tea, honey, etc Ė so make sure you read as many reviews as you can so you can see the options. For me an occasional mask w/ this + ACV works wonders.

If acne is in the early stages, this will bring them to the surface and make it look a little worse. This pimple has now ďcome to a headĒ and it will now heal faster. If you are into extracting, then a lot of times after this mask a pimple that was too deep to extract before ready for purging. If not, then just keep doing the mask as a spot treatment until it dries out. Healing acne, inflamed acne or recently picked at acne looks much less inflamed after this mask, but the areas are still very sensitive and need to be left alone to heal.

Overall, I am very happy with this mask, and I donít see myself using anything else in a tube ever again. I forget about it for a while, and then when I try it again I am amazed all over. Nothing has cleared up my skin so quickly & effectively. $6 a tub is an amazing deal and it will last ages! I have used it so much and I am not even half way through it yet!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZING!!! I heard about this from a friend and then came on MUA and saw that people generally love it. So, I was in a Sprouts Market the other day and bought a tub for $7.68. It's basically an extremely finely milled dry clay. Per the instructions, mix it with Apple Cider Vinegar or water until it's a paste and then slather it onto your face. On the label, it says that your face will "pulse" and that happens about 20 min. in. I didn't have a lot of trouble getting this off...I mean, it takes some time, but it came off pretty easily for me. And I was left with red (this goes away) but very smooth, clean skin. I did this last Sat. night and have used it twice since then and I truly believe it has improved the texture of my skin and it seems to be evening my skin tone. I can't say enough how much I love this stuff -- it works beyond my expectations and it's very inexpensive (the tub will last FOREVER....I only needed a spoonful for my face). Oh, the instructions say this, but make sure you use a non-reactive (i.e., NOT metal) bowl to mix this in and use something other than a metal spoon to mix it (I used a plastic spoon). Five lippies for sure and if I could, I'd give it more! The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's not widely available -- I have only seen this in Whole Foods, Sprouts, Vitamin Shop. I'm sure it's in other stores, but I could not find it in any regular supermarket or drug store. But that's almost a non-gripe because like I said, one tub of this stuff will last you months and months and months!! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by alovelyjessture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ohhhhhh this stuff. I can't sing the praises enough! I'd been to the Vitamin Shoppe plenty of times to get multivitamins and always passed by this stuff thinking it was hoakey. The label, the promise of "the world's most powerful facial," everything about it just screamed "waaasstte of money!!!" However, this one day I just caved, becuase I was dying of curiosity and OMG I'm glad I did. Bentonite clay is a gem. It's natural healing properties are incredible, and it's great for acne prone skin. My only suggestion is that after you use it to moisturize moisturize moisturize, and also leave it on for longer than it says on the label and to apply more than a thin layer to get the ultimate drawing properties out of it. Great stuff, and a whole tub for $8? Can't beat it. Really, you can't. Everybody needs this in their skin care arsenal, even guys! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ieatyourcake

I bought this product along with some Apple Cider Vinegar at my local Vitamin Shoppe, but it's also available at Whole Foods. It was $7.95 USD + tax. I've used it twice in the last week and it's been keeping my face pretty clear of acne and accelerates the healing process. It smells awful when mixed together, but I don't mind the smell of something as long as it works. I think it hurts when it dries on my face and I really don't like the pulsating. However, my face feels super clean and soft afterwards. I usually eyeball it so I'm not sure how many tablespoons I use. It bubbles up when mixed with the ACV and is a dark green color. I use a plastic spoon and mix it in a plastic container since it indicates that you should not use anything metal. I apply it with a flat foundation brush because I just don't like touching it. It gets quite messy so it's best to lay down some paper towels. Also, I like to shower right afterwards so it's easier to get all of it off. I haven't tried it on anything but my face because the packaging is intimidating. I feel like I'll get cancer from sniffing too much of it...but that's just me being paranoid, I suppose. I've never had a mask like this one and it's great if you don't mind having to mix it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a great product for those seeking treatment for the skin without heavy duty chemicals and other nasties. i find this mask to be wonderful for clogs, blackheads and whiteheads. it seems to almost suck the junk out of your pores, and it certainly feels like it is doing just that, as this sucker hurts when it dries and tightens up. i mix with acv and leave on until dry, about half and hour. my skin is red as all hell after for an hour or so, but my skin feels smooth as a babys butt when i wake up in the morning :) this stuff is a pain in the butt to mix together and clean the tools you used to mix it afterwards, but i suppose its a small price to pay. even my hyper-masculine SO loves it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by LovelyRiri

So I've been using this product for about 2 months. It works great on blackheads!! They literally clear up my blackheads overnight. I spot treat them with just a dab overnight.But for acne not so much...just a minimal difference for me. I've tried this brand, but I also tried another brand which was much superior to this aztec one. Its also great as a mask...really cleanses the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by span29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this Indian Healing Clay. I didn't have apple cider vinegar so I tried mixing the clay with water, tea, and milk. Mixing with water and tea results in a clumpy mess so it was hard to spread on the face. The milk provided the best consistency. I spread the mask on my face with a foundation brush because I can get an even application.

Using the clay has helped get rid of so many blackheads on my face (especially my nose). It has also helped the eczema on my cheeks! I am so happy because a lot of the redness and itchiness is gone.

The clay also works great on eye milia. Since the clay worked out so well for my other skin problems, I thought it would work for this as well. It wouldn't hurt to try. I mixed a pinch of clay with milk and applied it to the spot. After two times of doing that, the milia is gone!

During the summer when I get mosquito bites, I mix some clay with water and apply it on the bites. Let it dry and then wash it off. After that, I rub a banana peel on them and they are magically gone. I promise it works!!

I love this clay and I would recommend everyone to try it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is ok. I use it twice a week, on my t-zone. I don't really see much of a difference, except that it is the only product that actually takes the blackheads on my nose COMPLETLEY. I would/will keep buying it just for that.
I got 2 angry pimples when I purchased this (not related to use of the product) and I spot treated them with it... and to be honest, I felt like it made them worse. I put it on one pimple that was reluctanty to heal, and it was gone the next day. So I will update if anything fantastic comes of this, but for now, it gets a 3 on my scale. Also, I didn't have a hard time removing this at all... a little warm water and it comes right off. I mix mine with ACV and coat iton pretty think and it still washes right off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A staple in my skin routine! It reduces my acne and I can see the results right away. I use it about once a week. I took one lippie off since it even though it works, it doesn't clear up all my acne. I purchased it from Vitamin Shoppe for around $8. I will repurchase.