February 26, 2015 | 1968 users online

Blush - NARS - Madly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by productguru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The reviews on this are so accurate - it's a color that is hard to describe but looks great on everyone. On me (i have olive skin) it comes out like a peachy bronzer - it is a color that is EXTREMELY easy to work with (which is great for those who find it difficult to accurately apply bronzer/blush). What I LOVE about this blush is that there is a VERY FINE sparkle to it...not HUGE in an Urban Decay kind of way...just a subtle sparkle that gives off a natural glow. It is certain to become one of my favorites and I am hoping that Nars adds it to their permanent collection of blushes :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Call me crazy, but I do not see any pink in this blush. In the pan it looks like a flat beigey brown. On me, it looks like a tawny beige, kind of a neutral but it does seem to have some slight orange or tawny tones. I have a very light olive complexion. I must say that I'm not all that impressed with this blush. I was expecting it to be a natural pinky beige. It is very pigmented, so I only need a little bit to get the look I want. I'm going to hang onto it but it's not one of my favorite NARS blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

This is truly the most neutral and flattering of all the NARS blushes imho. It gives my cheeks a beautiful pink natural flush that is super flattering. Madly is such an universal color that it would look great on most skintones. If you like Sue Deavitt's Koh Samui blush (my holygrail), you will probably love Madly too, and I highly recommend it. My only complaint is... I wish it was a bit more shimmery, but not enough to take off a whole point. I would give this a 4.75 if I could. It has some shimmer, but doesn't really show up on my nc42 coloring, and I find my self thinking, "If only this had more shimmer." Also, Madly looks fabulous and matches perfectly with NARS Sandpiper lipgloss, both are new items in the Spring 2006 NARS collection.

UPDATE 07/26/08: Still Madly Madly Madly...in love with this! My holygrail !!! I use it everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by tadpoleSYR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if a blush could be described as innocent, madly would be most suited to the compliment. it's quite perfect for a romantic, feminine look: bare eyes, flowing hair, brownish pink lip color, an eyelet babydoll dress, and a locket/charm necklace. like previous reviewers have said, madly has an adaptive quality to it. on some it shows up peach while others use it as a light bronzer. for me (nc40/ga lsf 7/lm almond/bb honey) it is an understated pale pink glow.

that's why it so difficult to peg what color it is exactly. nars's site calls it "seashell pink." that description is fitting for me, yet very far off for others. regardless, i absolutely love how healthy it makes me look. it completelty invalidates the myth that you need a little sunlight in order to look vibrant. the texture is comparable to nico; just a tap on the surface is more than enough. if you're looking for impact and color then this is not the shade for you, but if you want a natural and sweet springtime flush then rush to get madly before everyone else does. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

Just like the below reviewer said, this is a chameleon blush. On the SA, it was not anything special. But on me it developed into an absolutely stunning shade -a coppery blend of peach and rose that looked NOTHING like the beige shade in the pan! I'd second the suggestion to try before you buy, b/c this is very much a wild card as far as blushes go. NC30. ETA: While this looked great the first 2 times, it didn't so much the next 2 - and I somehow have a hard time getting it to look "right." As a result I find myself hardly reaching for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2006 9:03:00 AM More reviews by s_rae22

Sadly, I do not like Madly : ( For reference, I am an NW20 in MAC, NARS Deauville or LM Blush Ivory and cool toned. This blush comes out as a sort of brown/beige on my skin. I see absolutely no pink and only a tiny hint of peach which almost looks orange depending on how much I apply. I would definitely not call this a seashell pink, at least not on my skin. I've tried this with my skunk brush and the MAC 129 brush and neither way makes it look any better. As far as pigmentation and lasting power, it's excellent. I typically love NARS blushes, I have about 10 that I absolutely adore so this is more of an issue of the color just being wrong for me. Definitely try it before you buy it if you can because I've heard this is a chameleon blush and the color really does vary on each individuals skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

Colourings: Asian MAC NC25-30.

I am in love with this blush. In the pan it is a very pale beige shade, so i was worried it wouldn't even show up on me. But when you put it on, it really comes to life. It is very pigmented as almost all NARS blushes are. Applied, it is like orgasm with a tan. It is a very peachy rose, very natural and very polished. It is like bronzer but not quite. BUT..i can see how this could turn orange on some...so definitely try it on before buying!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, to start off I'm NC15 at the moment with brown hair and green eyes. Madly is exactly like Zen (plus shimmer of course) in the pan but goes on more peachy less beige. It's a great neutral blush & it workes on me but I have to use a very light hand as it's **Very** pigmented. I'm sure once I start getting some color back it'll be much more easy for me to work with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly do not understand all the raves for this blush... I love NARS blushes, Madly and Orgasm being the exception. I was sooo excited for the release of this color, which was described as a seashell pink. In the pan, it is a perfect dupe for Zen, but with shimmer. However, on my N3/NC15 complexion, it was very warm/orangey, with no hint of beige or pink in sight. Very dissapointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally I would wait a little bit before writing a review on a new product. I just purchased Madly last night, and I cannot stop gushing over this blush!! I went to the NARS counter to repurchase my Paris e/s duo and the SA then started to show me the new spring line. Madly looks like a brown pink with sparkles in the pan. My bad experience with Lovejoy made me wary of any blush with some brown and sparkles (orangey shiny dirt). The SA put it on and wow, what a color! Madly is a very natural flush on my cheeks, I look like I got a little sun or perhaps windburn lol. Madly goes on like a warm pink, with just a touch of beige. It could double as a bronzer as well but I'm not into bronzers. This blush is like a chameleon, it will look peachy on certain skintones. The Saks SA put this on herself and it looked peachy bronze on her. I didnt like it. But then she put it on me and it's more pink. Although I love my new Madly blush I do have to say that it's better to try this on before purchasing.

EDIT 2/2006: I've had foundation matching troubles so now that it's figured out, I can explain how Madly shows up on my skintone. When I originally wrote this review, I was wearing Armani LSF 6, which it turns out is too yellow on me. I looked green in certain lights and this shade was wayyyy too yellow. I got a sample of Armani LSF 7 which is more peachy than 6. On LSF 7, Madly was orange, straight up tangerine orange. Not good. LSF 7 was too dark for me it turn out, it might be better in the summertime if I get tan again. Sooo, now I'm Armani LSF 5.5 which is the correct match. Not yellow, more peach and not too light/dark. On my LSF 5.5 skintone Madly shows up as a warm peach, kind of on the tawney side. Almost like a tawney Orgasm if that makes sense. Although I'm not that fond of wearing peaches or tawnies, I'll keep Madly. I'm sure it will work better during the summer when I'm tanner.