September 30, 2014 | 1597 users online

Blush - NARS - Madly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

Just like the below reviewer said, this is a chameleon blush. On the SA, it was not anything special. But on me it developed into an absolutely stunning shade -a coppery blend of peach and rose that looked NOTHING like the beige shade in the pan! I'd second the suggestion to try before you buy, b/c this is very much a wild card as far as blushes go. NC30. ETA: While this looked great the first 2 times, it didn't so much the next 2 - and I somehow have a hard time getting it to look "right." As a result I find myself hardly reaching for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2006 9:03:00 AM More reviews by s_rae22

Sadly, I do not like Madly : ( For reference, I am an NW20 in MAC, NARS Deauville or LM Blush Ivory and cool toned. This blush comes out as a sort of brown/beige on my skin. I see absolutely no pink and only a tiny hint of peach which almost looks orange depending on how much I apply. I would definitely not call this a seashell pink, at least not on my skin. I've tried this with my skunk brush and the MAC 129 brush and neither way makes it look any better. As far as pigmentation and lasting power, it's excellent. I typically love NARS blushes, I have about 10 that I absolutely adore so this is more of an issue of the color just being wrong for me. Definitely try it before you buy it if you can because I've heard this is a chameleon blush and the color really does vary on each individuals skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

Colourings: Asian MAC NC25-30.

I am in love with this blush. In the pan it is a very pale beige shade, so i was worried it wouldn't even show up on me. But when you put it on, it really comes to life. It is very pigmented as almost all NARS blushes are. Applied, it is like orgasm with a tan. It is a very peachy rose, very natural and very polished. It is like bronzer but not quite. BUT..i can see how this could turn orange on some...so definitely try it on before buying!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, to start off I'm NC15 at the moment with brown hair and green eyes. Madly is exactly like Zen (plus shimmer of course) in the pan but goes on more peachy less beige. It's a great neutral blush & it workes on me but I have to use a very light hand as it's **Very** pigmented. I'm sure once I start getting some color back it'll be much more easy for me to work with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly do not understand all the raves for this blush... I love NARS blushes, Madly and Orgasm being the exception. I was sooo excited for the release of this color, which was described as a seashell pink. In the pan, it is a perfect dupe for Zen, but with shimmer. However, on my N3/NC15 complexion, it was very warm/orangey, with no hint of beige or pink in sight. Very dissapointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally I would wait a little bit before writing a review on a new product. I just purchased Madly last night, and I cannot stop gushing over this blush!! I went to the NARS counter to repurchase my Paris e/s duo and the SA then started to show me the new spring line. Madly looks like a brown pink with sparkles in the pan. My bad experience with Lovejoy made me wary of any blush with some brown and sparkles (orangey shiny dirt). The SA put it on and wow, what a color! Madly is a very natural flush on my cheeks, I look like I got a little sun or perhaps windburn lol. Madly goes on like a warm pink, with just a touch of beige. It could double as a bronzer as well but I'm not into bronzers. This blush is like a chameleon, it will look peachy on certain skintones. The Saks SA put this on herself and it looked peachy bronze on her. I didnt like it. But then she put it on me and it's more pink. Although I love my new Madly blush I do have to say that it's better to try this on before purchasing.

EDIT 2/2006: I've had foundation matching troubles so now that it's figured out, I can explain how Madly shows up on my skintone. When I originally wrote this review, I was wearing Armani LSF 6, which it turns out is too yellow on me. I looked green in certain lights and this shade was wayyyy too yellow. I got a sample of Armani LSF 7 which is more peachy than 6. On LSF 7, Madly was orange, straight up tangerine orange. Not good. LSF 7 was too dark for me it turn out, it might be better in the summertime if I get tan again. Sooo, now I'm Armani LSF 5.5 which is the correct match. Not yellow, more peach and not too light/dark. On my LSF 5.5 skintone Madly shows up as a warm peach, kind of on the tawney side. Almost like a tawney Orgasm if that makes sense. Although I'm not that fond of wearing peaches or tawnies, I'll keep Madly. I'm sure it will work better during the summer when I'm tanner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kami

This has to be a potential HG blush. My cheeks are huge so I prefer subtle shades of blush, rather than bright ones. Previously I was devoted to Nars Silvana, but I may end up swapping that one away now. This color is like a mix of Zen, Silvana & Penny Lane. I have all of the previous blushes but each is missing something. Madly combines them all into my perfect blushing shade. For reference I am a Mac C35/40 light tan olive (HHH)with black hair and dark brown eyes. UPDATE: I recently tried Nars Sertao, and I am sorry but even though I still love Madly, Sertao is now my HG!UPDATE2: I have a slight tan and Madly no longer shows up on me! Too bad, guess I am going to end up swapping it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2006 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Papillon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really liking this blush! This is very pigmented like the other ladies said. It's very versatile too! For once, the SA that showed me this blush was correct in her suggestions. Now I'm very pale, but with a lot of pink in my skin. This blush is the PERFECT shade to tone down the pink, and balance out my complexion. It can be used as a "bronzer" for pale gals like myself. It's a very balanced beige color, and never leans toward being to "orange" or "brown". Just perfect. There is subtle shimmer, not overly sparkly at all. It gives a wonderful "glow" to the skin. I like this BETTER than Orgasm. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by baobao2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this new blush. It's actually quite pigmented, shows up well on my nc27 skin. Shimmer isn't too much either, just glowy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2005 2:45:00 PM More reviews by LucyBelieves

I have played around with this colour a bit before writing a review. This is a very versatile colour which looks bland in the pan but once you put it on it highlights your face while adding either a little bit of peachy-rose- nude or a lot. You can really build the colour on this one but you can also easily achieve a light dusting depending, of course, on the look you which to acheive. If you apply it lightly it appears like a nude shade, with a slight tinge of peachy pink. Apply it with a heavier hand and you have a burst of natural, yet bright burnished rose. It takes on a different appearance depending on what lip/ eye shades you pair it with. I guess I am trying to say it is a very unique and mutable shade.
I can't exactly describe which other NARS shades it resembles as it seems not to resemble any of them. Maybe if you mixed Silvana with a touch of Gina and the copper-rose from Lovejoy. It doesn't have as much sheen to it as Orgasm though. Well, it might, but you get more colour deposit with this than with Orgasm... so you aren't putting more and more on in order to acheive a heavier deposit of pigment. This also has itty bitty glitter particles, but they are so tiny that they don't look garish to me, just healthy. It simply illuminates and makes my NC 30 skin come to life. This was purchased on eBay for less than retail several weeks ago and I couldn't be more pleased! This also looks wonderful with the rest of the spring collection, and just about every colour combo you can imagine. I think this one would work for a lot of skin tones and shades.
Update: 07/27/07: Nice colour but I just don't find myself reaching for it that often.
continued >>