NARS Madly

4.3

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake) CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake) CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake) CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide) CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) CI 75470 (Carmine) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

on 2/21/2006 3:28:00 PM

Another great blush from NARS..I really like this one b/c it is such a great neutral tawny peach with brown undertones. Perfect for the very fair(it tones down some pink tones in my cheeks) as well as for darker complexions. I love that it gives a great neutral look, but their is enough shimmer to keep it interesting. I also find that i don't need a bronzer when i wear this which is ideal for summer when i like to par down the routine. For reference, I am a PPP, redhead with blue/green eyes,

on 2/18/2006 8:05:00 PM

Okay--I'm sad to report that I really don't love this blush. I don't understand how Nars gets "seashell pink" from this? This is straight up brown on me. I swiped it on my finger and applied to wrist and even then it was a muddy/peachy brown. On my cheeks, it kind of makes me look dull b/c of the color. In my opinion, blush should light up your cheeks with radiance. Madly is sort of the opposite--it's very low key and may work for some but for me, it did not. I was really really hoping for a nude pinkish/beige with slight shimmer. I think I'm going to bring it back for Penny Lane. :(

on 2/17/2006 1:21:00 PM

The reviews on this are so accurate - it's a color that is hard to describe but looks great on everyone. On me (i have olive skin) it comes out like a peachy bronzer - it is a color that is EXTREMELY easy to work with (which is great for those who find it difficult to accurately apply bronzer/blush). What I LOVE about this blush is that there is a VERY FINE sparkle to it...not HUGE in an Urban Decay kind of way...just a subtle sparkle that gives off a natural glow. It is certain to become one of my favorites and I am hoping that Nars adds it to their permanent collection of blushes :)

on 2/16/2006 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Call me crazy, but I do not see any pink in this blush. In the pan it looks like a flat beigey brown. On me, it looks like a tawny beige, kind of a neutral but it does seem to have some slight orange or tawny tones. I have a very light olive complexion. I must say that I'm not all that impressed with this blush. I was expecting it to be a natural pinky beige. It is very pigmented, so I only need a little bit to get the look I want. I'm going to hang onto it but it's not one of my favorite NARS blushes.

on 2/12/2006 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is truly the most neutral and flattering of all the NARS blushes imho. It gives my cheeks a beautiful pink natural flush that is super flattering. Madly is such an universal color that it would look great on most skintones. If you like Sue Deavitt's Koh Samui blush (my holygrail), you will probably love Madly too, and I highly recommend it. My only complaint is... I wish it was a bit more shimmery, but not enough to take off a whole point. I would give this a 4.75 if I could. It has some shimmer, but doesn't really show up on my nc42 coloring, and I find my self thinking, "If only this had more shimmer." Also, Madly looks fabulous and matches perfectly with NARS Sandpiper lipgloss, both are new items in the Spring 2006 NARS collection.

UPDATE 07/26/08: Still Madly Madly Madly...in love with this! My holygrail !!! I use it everyday!

on 2/6/2006 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

if a blush could be described as innocent, madly would be most suited to the compliment. it's quite perfect for a romantic, feminine look: bare eyes, flowing hair, brownish pink lip color, an eyelet babydoll dress, and a locket/charm necklace. like previous reviewers have said, madly has an adaptive quality to it. on some it shows up peach while others use it as a light bronzer. for me (nc40/ga lsf 7/lm almond/bb honey) it is an understated pale pink glow.

that's why it so difficult to peg what color it is exactly. nars's site calls it "seashell pink." that description is fitting for me, yet very far off for others. regardless, i absolutely love how healthy it makes me look. it completelty invalidates the myth that you need a little sunlight in order to look vibrant. the texture is comparable to nico; just a tap on the surface is more than enough. if you're looking for impact and color then this is not the shade for you, but if you want a natural and sweet springtime flush then rush to get madly before everyone else does. continued >>

on 1/27/2006 10:55:00 AM

Just like the below reviewer said, this is a chameleon blush. On the SA, it was not anything special. But on me it developed into an absolutely stunning shade -a coppery blend of peach and rose that looked NOTHING like the beige shade in the pan! I'd second the suggestion to try before you buy, b/c this is very much a wild card as far as blushes go. NC30. ETA: While this looked great the first 2 times, it didn't so much the next 2 - and I somehow have a hard time getting it to look "right." As a result I find myself hardly reaching for it.

on 1/27/2006 9:03:00 AM

Sadly, I do not like Madly : ( For reference, I am an NW20 in MAC, NARS Deauville or LM Blush Ivory and cool toned. This blush comes out as a sort of brown/beige on my skin. I see absolutely no pink and only a tiny hint of peach which almost looks orange depending on how much I apply. I would definitely not call this a seashell pink, at least not on my skin. I've tried this with my skunk brush and the MAC 129 brush and neither way makes it look any better. As far as pigmentation and lasting power, it's excellent. I typically love NARS blushes, I have about 10 that I absolutely adore so this is more of an issue of the color just being wrong for me. Definitely try it before you buy it if you can because I've heard this is a chameleon blush and the color really does vary on each individuals skin.

on 1/24/2006 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Colourings: Asian MAC NC25-30.

I am in love with this blush. In the pan it is a very pale beige shade, so i was worried it wouldn't even show up on me. But when you put it on, it really comes to life. It is very pigmented as almost all NARS blushes are. Applied, it is like orgasm with a tan. It is a very peachy rose, very natural and very polished. It is like bronzer but not quite. BUT..i can see how this could turn orange on some...so definitely try it on before buying!

on 1/23/2006 1:53:00 PM

Ok, to start off I'm NC15 at the moment with brown hair and green eyes. Madly is exactly like Zen (plus shimmer of course) in the pan but goes on more peachy less beige. It's a great neutral blush & it workes on me but I have to use a very light hand as it's **Very** pigmented. I'm sure once I start getting some color back it'll be much more easy for me to work with.

Popular Blush Products