NARS Madly

4.3

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake) CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake) CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake) CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide) CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) CI 75470 (Carmine) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

on 3/15/2006 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was very excited about the new shade "Madly," as the description gave a "Seashell pink" for the shade. Sounds perfect, right? The swatch also looks perfect, a realistic warmish pink. What a disappointment. Goes on very muddy. The ladies who have already described this shade as such aren't exaggerating. Madly wears like as if one were applying cocoa powder, with orangish undertones. Rather shows like a strangely matte bronzer. Avoid this dud.

on 3/12/2006 5:40:00 AM

I quite like this blush. I would have never picked it out based on the way it looks in the pan but a SA at Nordstrom suggested it and I tried it on my wrist and decided it was perfect for what I was looking for. I was looking for something different to my daily staple Orgasm and this is perfect. I would say it is great for someone with fair skin that wants to create a monochromatic look. It is a neutral beigy color in the pan but turns pink on me picking up the pink undertones in my skin and when paired with a nude lipcolor (I use the Stila vanilla lipglaze, i think the NARS chelsea girl lipgloss would also be great) = understated sophistitation. A great summer look in my opinion. However I do think it might look muddy on some complexion though. *EDIT* I have been using this blush for a few more weeks now and I like it more and more. Although on the NARS website it doesn't say so but it does actually contain some shimmer. Also beware of the picture on the sephora website for this particular color. It is very misleading. I think the NARS website has a better presentation of the color of this blush.

on 3/9/2006 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this. I went to Sephora today to pick up BeneFit Dallas and fell in love with this instead. It works perfectly as a bronzer for me, not to dark, not to brown, and slightly peachy. Layered with a pinky blush, this should be perfect for summer. EDIT: This seems to be turning orange on me. Not good. Boo.

on 3/6/2006 12:33:00 PM

In the pan, Madly looks like the toned down sister of Lovejoy. It has no discernible pink about it – I would say it’s a light bronzed or tanned peach with shimmer particles. I almost returned it upon comparing it with Lovejoy, but I wore it the other day and I’m rather pleased that I didn’t. It gives me the prettiest, faint, lively glow. Very akin to a healthy summer barely-there flush, not like a “blush” from doing anything strenuous or what have you. I can see this being questionable with anyone with pink undertones, but if you’re warm complexioned you should definitely try this out at least. Pretty happy with this blush, not quite sure if I would repurchase as I prefer Lovejoy over this.

I was madly excited (hehe!) to hear that NARS was coming out with a new blush, so I quickly ran out to get it once Sephora started carrying it. I had to go to 2 different stores before I could get my hands on it, and when I went home and tried it on, I decided that I looked like I had really bad bronzer on my face!

I tried it again the next day, and wore it to work. Later that day, my husband asked, "What do you have on your face? It looks dirty!" I promptly took it back to Sephora... luckily, they have a good return policy!

But then, the lemming came back again, and for the next few weeks, it was OOS at Sephora, so I forgot about it. Then, earlier this week, they suddenly had two in stock, so I decided to buy it again. And this time, it looks fine!

For reference, I am LLL/NC25 with dark hair and eyes. On me, this looks like a light-pinky brown with subtle gold shimmer, and helps with the "glowy" look that I'm always trying to achieve. It's less shimmery/shiny than Orgasm, but has enough shimmer to add a bit of dimension to the face. It just looks natural, but better.

I also tried layering some shimmer powder over it, and have used a bit of MAC Belightful iridescent powder on the cheekbones to add more contrast. It looks really beautiful this way!

The quality of this blush is like all other NARS... pigmented and soft, and easy to blend. I would definitely repurchase (in fact, I already have!) continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is right now my favorite blush. I was just browsing at nordie's and bumped into the new NARS collection. I'm a big fan of NARS's blush and had been waiting until they came out with a neutral color. Well, here it is!! I love it. The glitter is not even that noticeable like in Orgasm. I use this blush with almost all my looks.

on 2/23/2006 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had such high hopes for this one....and it is just too dark and muddy on me. Verrry brown (I'm NC30-35 Nars Santa Fe foundation)...

on 2/21/2006 3:28:00 PM

Another great blush from NARS..I really like this one b/c it is such a great neutral tawny peach with brown undertones. Perfect for the very fair(it tones down some pink tones in my cheeks) as well as for darker complexions. I love that it gives a great neutral look, but their is enough shimmer to keep it interesting. I also find that i don't need a bronzer when i wear this which is ideal for summer when i like to par down the routine. For reference, I am a PPP, redhead with blue/green eyes,

on 2/18/2006 8:05:00 PM

Okay--I'm sad to report that I really don't love this blush. I don't understand how Nars gets "seashell pink" from this? This is straight up brown on me. I swiped it on my finger and applied to wrist and even then it was a muddy/peachy brown. On my cheeks, it kind of makes me look dull b/c of the color. In my opinion, blush should light up your cheeks with radiance. Madly is sort of the opposite--it's very low key and may work for some but for me, it did not. I was really really hoping for a nude pinkish/beige with slight shimmer. I think I'm going to bring it back for Penny Lane. :(

on 2/17/2006 1:21:00 PM

The reviews on this are so accurate - it's a color that is hard to describe but looks great on everyone. On me (i have olive skin) it comes out like a peachy bronzer - it is a color that is EXTREMELY easy to work with (which is great for those who find it difficult to accurately apply bronzer/blush). What I LOVE about this blush is that there is a VERY FINE sparkle to it...not HUGE in an Urban Decay kind of way...just a subtle sparkle that gives off a natural glow. It is certain to become one of my favorites and I am hoping that Nars adds it to their permanent collection of blushes :)

Popular Blush Products