LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.3

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 1/3/2010 5:20:00 AM

This is my Holy Grail hand cream for the winter. My hands get super dry and crack and peel and before Lemony Flutter I'd go through tubes of hand cream all the time that just didn't seem to be doing anything. With Lemony Flutter once or twice a day I'm actually staying on top of it and my hands aren't cracking or hurting, it's amazing.

It is very greasy, so I keep a pair of cotton gloves on hand to put on after I apply it so it has a chance to sink in. (Just apply, put on gloves, read MUA for half an hour. :) ) During the day when I need a little extra help I just apply a very small dab of Lemony Flutter to the trouble spot and rub in well, and that seems to do the trick.

My cuticles are also looking quite nice and healthy, so I'll keep using this even in the summer, just limiting application to just the cuticle area and massaging it in well. (In the summer I also use it as a foot treatment - do a soak and scrub, then apply Lemony Flutter all over and a pair of socks. Doing that once a week keeps my feet looking decent in sandals.)

It also is a great lip balm when your lips are really chapped and dry, or on the skin around your nose. (I decant a little bit from my pot into a tiny travel jar when I get a new pot of Lemony Flutter just for this purpose. A small 5g sized jar easily lasts all winter used as a lip treatment.)

on 12/31/2009 12:35:00 PM

This stuff comes in a decent sized tub, and it lasts awhile, you only need a little. It smells like lemon frootloops, which is fine, I only apply it before bed because it WAY too greasy to use during the day. It does a good job on my heels and cuticles, I would buy it again.

on 12/31/2009 6:49:00 AM

I tried this product on my cuticles (fingers and toes), elbows and rough spots on my feet. I applied the product at bedtime and after 1 use, I can say I saw a significant change to all these areas. I think this product is too greasy to apply in the daytime unless you don't expect to be doing much. Great first impression!

on 12/28/2009 8:59:00 PM

I'm a big fan of LUSH products. I usually love the scents, the products themselves and the way I feel after I use them! However, I received Lemony Flutter as a gift and would never have picked this out for myself. It's a fantastic cuticle butter, although I tend to end up just washing it off because I feel that it doesn't absorb well enough for my skin, but it does what it's supposed to, so I use it as a night treatment for elbows and heels.
The only thing that really annoys me about this product is the smell. I've never really encountered a LUSH smell that didn't make me drool, and I generally like lemons, but it's SO STRONG. Too strong for me... I feel like somehow my tub of it got like extra scent or something, because no one else seems all that bothered!
Will use all of my tub, but won't repurchase.

UPDATE: Sooooo I ended up absolutely loving this! I've gone through a lot of my container already, love the scent and will buy again!

on 12/12/2009 6:49:00 PM

Wow, this is a great product! This year, after Iv taken a trip to a really hot country, and teamed with the Canadian cold, my feet were super dry, especially the cuticles on my toes. Doing pedicures was a nightmare, and my usual Rosebud salve routine just wasn't cutting it. I heard about LF from the ladies on the nailboard. Im glad I got this stuff. Within the next day of using it, my toes have started to go back to normal and you can hardly see any dry cuticles on them.

And I LOVE the smell! It smells citrusy/lemony, just like my favorite LUSH soap Sexy Peel! The only downside is the price. Paying $11.95 CND is a bit much for such a small tub, I wish they would sell us half the amount at half the cost. I use so little, and since it expires in a year, I hope it doesn't expire before I get to finish it. Great product overall!

on 12/6/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Ahhh lemony flutter, I love that name.

Duration Used: Aug 09 to current
Amount Used: not even half of the product, a little bit goes a LONG way

Pros:
-very moisturizing for the cuticle area
-I like to also use it on my heels and elbows
Cons:
-nothing to complain about really, it's a simple product that delivers what it says, somewhat expensive

Overall:
I really like this and use it about 3x a week and its lasted me a LONG time. The smell is ok, it's a very herbal lemon smell. When I run out I'd repurchase

on 12/6/2009 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I only have a sample size of this. I got it with the night in for toes package and I still havent ran out of the Lemony Flutter. It is great, does exactly what it is designed to do andlasts forever! Love this!

on 12/2/2009 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is given in my purse or pocket wherever I go. Also, in the winter my nose tends to get really dry and flaky, I just apply some Lemony Flutter that takes care of it in a second. When I use it in public people turns around to ask what smells so good. I love it!

on 11/20/2009 1:33:00 PM

I decided to buy Lemony Flutter after reading so much about it on the Nail Board. I like that you only have to use a tiny bit to get the full effect of the moisturization, and I like how it instantly sinks into the skin around my nails. I also noticed that it made my bare nails look shiny and nice after applying it. The only thing that bothers me is the smell... a friend of mine that tried it said that it smells like "dirty dishwater."

on 11/11/2009 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I'm constantly washing my hands or using hand sanitizer. With that being said my hands get really dry and itchy especially in the winter. This is a great product to help alleviate the dryness. Just a little swirl on the hands or cuticles goes a long way. I find that it absorbs pretty quick into the skin leaving me with no greasy residue. The fragrance in it does not bother me as I find it disappears after applying it. I keep one in the kitchen, in purse, and one on my nightstand to apply to my heels at night. Put socks on after applying and take off in the am results smooth as a baby's bottom feet. This is a must after a pedi and mani in my opinion.

Ingredients:Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum),Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii),Beeswax (Cera alba),Lanolin,Soya Oil (Glycine Soja),Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima),Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum),Mango Butter (Mangifera indica),Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil,Castor Oil (Ricinus communis),Perfume,Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare),Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum),Laender Oil (Lavandula hybrida),Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera)Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis),Sodium Borate,Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides),*Citral,Geraniol,*Citronellol,*Limonene,*Linalool,Methylparaben,Propylparaben.

Popular Lotions / Creams