LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 12/6/2009 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I only have a sample size of this. I got it with the night in for toes package and I still havent ran out of the Lemony Flutter. It is great, does exactly what it is designed to do andlasts forever! Love this!

on 12/2/2009 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is given in my purse or pocket wherever I go. Also, in the winter my nose tends to get really dry and flaky, I just apply some Lemony Flutter that takes care of it in a second. When I use it in public people turns around to ask what smells so good. I love it!

on 11/20/2009 1:33:00 PM

I decided to buy Lemony Flutter after reading so much about it on the Nail Board. I like that you only have to use a tiny bit to get the full effect of the moisturization, and I like how it instantly sinks into the skin around my nails. I also noticed that it made my bare nails look shiny and nice after applying it. The only thing that bothers me is the smell... a friend of mine that tried it said that it smells like "dirty dishwater."

on 11/11/2009 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I'm constantly washing my hands or using hand sanitizer. With that being said my hands get really dry and itchy especially in the winter. This is a great product to help alleviate the dryness. Just a little swirl on the hands or cuticles goes a long way. I find that it absorbs pretty quick into the skin leaving me with no greasy residue. The fragrance in it does not bother me as I find it disappears after applying it. I keep one in the kitchen, in purse, and one on my nightstand to apply to my heels at night. Put socks on after applying and take off in the am results smooth as a baby's bottom feet. This is a must after a pedi and mani in my opinion.

Ingredients:Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum),Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii),Beeswax (Cera alba),Lanolin,Soya Oil (Glycine Soja),Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima),Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum),Mango Butter (Mangifera indica),Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil,Castor Oil (Ricinus communis),Perfume,Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare),Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum),Laender Oil (Lavandula hybrida),Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera)Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis),Sodium Borate,Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides),*Citral,Geraniol,*Citronellol,*Limonene,*Linalool,Methylparaben,Propylparaben.

on 11/10/2009 11:14:00 AM

Like the reviewer before me, I didn't expect so much product. It's a fairly large tub (at least for me) considering I only use it for my cuticles. I dab the tiniest amount on each nail and rub in - within one use, my ragged cuticles seem to disappear into my nails and they look perfectly manicured, even bare.

However, the smell is a little overpowering. It's very reminiscent of lemon Pledge, so I couldn't begin to use this regularly as hand cream - I would offend the entire office. I keep a tub of Lemony Flutter at my desk, right beside a tub of Smitten, and the scent of Smitten (yummy almond goodness), applied all over my hands, overtakes Lemony Flutter. The combination of both makes my hands and nails perfectly soft, smooth and moisturized.

on 11/9/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this stuff A LOT, I was expecting a smaller tub but this thing is really big and so much product in it. I use it on my dry feet, especially my heels, and my cuticles, I love it. It has a lemony fruit loop smell that isn't really noticeable after awhile. It is really good value, I recommend it to everyone.

on 10/23/2009 6:18:00 AM

Lush used to be my go-to shop for all things creamy and bubbly (no animal testing: check - no breakouts: check - great scents: check), until I found out their shampoo (ao) was packed with Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulphates. Commonly used stuff, which my skin does not like al all. Hence exit Lush.These days I'm on a SLS/SLES free routine, but I was not too happy about my hand cream solution. I get my hands wet all the time, so I really need a good hand/cuticle cream that is not too sticky (like all those great foot creams) but sufficiently moisturizing. After some research I found that Lemony Flutter has almost HG status among nail polishees, and being a bit of that myself, I trekked to Lush once more. I have been using it for a few months now and I am happy about every aspect of this cream: it's very moisturizing yet does not leave a sticky/squishy feeling, it smells nice, it's not too expensive and no furry creatures were hurt. In fact, this Review could have been a lot shorter:
Buy. This. Stuff.

on 10/19/2009 10:04:00 PM

wow, it's super greasy, + it never seems to get absorbed, so i use it as a night treatment. also, after a couple months, the product gets grainy. the SA says this is normal, that the lemon starts to separate. still works i guess, but it's not as nice when it's grainy.

on 10/15/2009 2:04:00 PM

Mmmm...smells yummy. It works well and unlike most LUSH products it's actually really good value for money. I only need the tiniest amount on my cuticles to soften them. An absolute essential for the perfect manicure.

on 9/29/2009 1:49:00 AM

I love lemony flutter! I've been practicing better hand and nail care for some time, but a recent change at work has me changing 500+ price tags every night which KILLS my hands. They end up so dry that sometimes my cuticles even crack. I got lemony flutter a few weeks ago at LUSH in SF and it's been love ever since. The smell is fantastic, and I love that it absorbs so well. I have noticed so much improvement in my cuticles in a short time.. One of the aforementioned cracks on my thumb healed after about 2 days of using lemony flutter and it hasn't come back! I feel like LUSH gives you a ton of product for the money, hence why I only gave it a $2 for the price. I think that my tub, even with using it generously 2-3 times a day, will probably last me past the expiration date in 11/10. Repurchasing definitely won't be a problem as lemony flutter has already become indispensable.

Video Reviews & Tutorials