October 21, 2014 | 1628 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love lemony flutter! I've been practicing better hand and nail care for some time, but a recent change at work has me changing 500+ price tags every night which KILLS my hands. They end up so dry that sometimes my cuticles even crack. I got lemony flutter a few weeks ago at LUSH in SF and it's been love ever since. The smell is fantastic, and I love that it absorbs so well. I have noticed so much improvement in my cuticles in a short time.. One of the aforementioned cracks on my thumb healed after about 2 days of using lemony flutter and it hasn't come back! I feel like LUSH gives you a ton of product for the money, hence why I only gave it a $2 for the price. I think that my tub, even with using it generously 2-3 times a day, will probably last me past the expiration date in 11/10. Repurchasing definitely won't be a problem as lemony flutter has already become indispensable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by missriss2012

I love this cuticle butter! Not only do I use it for my cuticles, I use it to smooth down fly aways and to moisturize my elbows and knees. It is super moisturizing and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, like a lot of other cuticle moisturizers. I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by laylaanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not religious about using this product, however, whenever I use it, my cuticles feel smoother and stronger and prepare my nails for the perfect manicure. Recommend in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is fantastic... wow. I got this when I was overseas, freezing, and my hands were falling to bits from the harsh cold and wind. The moisture in this cannot be underestimated. Only use this is your hands are REALLY dry. This is definitely not for semi dry hands, as it will grease up. The smell is amazing, the texture is about the thickest I have ever seen in a hand cream, and the packaging is cute and purse worthy. I couldn't go past this. Great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by alicia2kate

I received a sample as a gift, but I will probably purchase some more eventually. I like the scent, it is almost like lemony candy. It did a great job of keeping my cuticles from looking terrible. I would suggest that you get a sample before investing in a large container.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While I really like Lemony Flutter cuticle butter, and feel it is one of the better LUSH products I have tried, I don't feel it is as multi-purpose as it claims. I do not think it's the best body butter I've tried. But it is nice to have in the at-home pedicure arcenal.

The smell is strong, but not bad. I guess it can be overpowering if you're constantly cleaning as it smells exactly like lemon dish detergent, or like a weaker version of one of those lemon-scented cleaning sprays for wood coffee tables. Co-workers - of whom I've done a survey, as I tend to use this mostly at work when I've been making up paperwork - were divided. One said [male, if that matters] that it smells really good. Another [female] said it was ok, not great but it wasn't overpowering or bad or nauseating - just not that great.

It is average as a hand cream. It is a little bit greasy, but not horribly so. Definately leaves the palms looking a bit shiny. I haven't used it on my elbows, as they generally don't get too dry. It excels as a foot cream - completely soothes cracked heels, dry toes and other foot ailments.

I would reccomend this butter, but only as a foot cream. There are superior body butters & hand creams for the price IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been carrying this around in my bag with me, I love it. I use it on hands and elbows mostly and I plan to use it on my feet eventually. It's super moisturizing and it sinks in pretty quickly. A little goes a LONG way and the amount is pretty generous, so I don't think the $14 is too much at all.

I actually bought ocean salt online earlier so I can do the hand/foot treatment at home. Smooth lemony flutter over the hands and then use ocean salt. The SAs showed me how to do this in the store and my hands were so soft for the rest of the day. I already use philosophys hot salt scrub on them but this is an improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! Works like a charm on dry skin. I not only use it on my cuticles, but my feet as well. A teeny tiny bit goes a long way so I just take a little dab and start rubbing into my feet. A tiny dab will cover my whole foot. I then place socks on and leave them on overnight and my feet are super-duper soft in the morning. The scent is definitely a "natural" lemon scent, not a super sweet artificial one. I also love how I can rub it into my fingers and go and it doesn't leave a slimy film like a lot of other cuticle creams. The tub appears small, but will last for a while. Will definitely re-purchase......if I ever run out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by sneakattack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT! This stuff lasts forever, and really really works. I have the worst dry cuticles (or I did before I started using this stuff). I apply a generous amount to each fingernail before I do my makeup in the morning, then when I wash my hands, my cuticles are good to go. I have stopped biting my nails because of this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy Lemon Pledge! Is the first thing that came to mind when I used this. The smell isn't bad but it isn't good either. If they could cut the undertone that caused that fragrance or add something to make it less bitter this would by HG. That is why I took a lippie off.

The cream itself is wonderful. I just use a dab and it covers my hands and makes it so soft and smooth. It is on the greasy side- but that doesn't bother me since I have ubber dry hands.

I bought this on the UK site for about $7.00 US- so price wise- it is reasonable. However I noticed on the US site it is $13.25- yes I would re buy for $7.00 not $13.25- it needs to smell good for much!