April 18, 2014 | 1835 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by scintilla1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

meh. I found the colour a bit cheezy. I'm liking Essie thigh-high for the same effect but a little less glitzy. Swapped it out already.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

The colour is gorgeous and you could get away with just one coat but I like to use two to get a more pigmented colour on my nails. I found this dried almost instantly and with a top coat it lasted for a week with no chipping...not even rubbing off the tip of my nail!

This polish is really hard to get off. I have a good nail polish remover but I think the sparkles in the polish like to stay on the nail when the red colour is rubbing away. I usually have to work twice as hard to get this polish off but that won't stop me from repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

a classic! THE red nail polish.. i wear it for christmas every year and sometimes as a summer pedi. i think i have one of the bad versions though.. mine shows up much darker than the swatches usually show and i know there is more than one version.
still i cannot stop looking at it when it is on! though sometimes the glitter turns silver on me, which i cannot stand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Chelseaaah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect Christmas polish. Super fine red and gold glitter in a red jelly base. This is THE red glitter nail polish. This is opaque in two coats, but I think a third adds depth. Over Nail Tek Foundation II and topped with a coat of Seche Vite and it looks flawless and is dry in minutes. You really can't go wrong with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a great nail polish! Love it! I wore this on Christmas Eve. It's super pretty. It's a red sort of creamy color with lots of red sparkles (fine glitter) in it. Very pretty and very Christmas-y. I got lots of compliments for my nails.

The staying power is amazing. Maybe the glitter is too much for office wear but this is a great nail polish for more festive occasions. I would definitely repurchase! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by CherryD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful color when it's first applied. Super dense sparkly red. Exactly what I think of when I think of ruby slippers. But even with a top coat it seemed to lose it's sparkle by the next morning and it became incredibly dull by the next night. It was also harder than most glitter polishes to remove. I won't repurchase only because I honestly won't use this often enough to get through the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the previous reviewers about the color--it's absolutely gorgeous! But I couldn't rate it a 5 since it just does not dry on my nails. Even if I use a rapid dry top coat and blast my nails with the hairdryer, I'll still get smoosh marks in my nail polish hours later. OPI's Smitten With Mittens is really similar (just a little darker) and dries very quickly so I'll wear that now when I want the look of Ruby Pumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

Such a gorgeous polish! Pictures do not do this polish justice. This polish had a true red jelly base with red glitter than sparkles amazing in low light. Soooo gorgeous. This is the perfect holiday polish!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsbookworm

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color for the holidays! It is so festive - in fact, the most festive red I've seen - makes me wanna go wrap a present or two. Such a sparkly red and not just your ordinary sparkles. Ruby pumps is such a perfect name for this polish because the sparkle is just as WOW-inducing as Dorothy's sparkly red shoes on the Wizard of Oz. It may be a little much for the office, but I've definitely found a winner for holiday parties & weekends for late November and all of December! Heck, I might continue wearing this throughout winter - it makes me that happy wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I was scared of Red Lipstick I used sheer reds lipsticks or stick glosses, well this is how I feel about Ruby Pumps, I love red nail polsih but the creams made my nails look just dirty and badly done.

This is an Idiot proof Nail Varnish that will win the hearts of all that love red and are scared of it.

I use this and I only sjow off my nails, get people in beauty counters staring at them too!!

Is maybe the best Polish ever made!