December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holiday polish, a beautifully glittery - but not at all garish or cheap looking - holiday red polish

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by moppie2005

Brought this based on all the recs and reviews. I thought it would be the perfect red for me but unfortunately didn't work out.

The color is a very sparkly dark red. Somehow, the color made my pale feet looks very dirty. Also one of the harder colors to remove with normal cotton balls. The glitter does not budge. You need to use craft felt to remove it easily. And because of the color, if you don't remove all the nail polish from side of your nail beds, it looks like you had a bloody accident.

I have since then found my perfect red and it is Essie Jag-U-Are.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

A classic red that everyone should own, it flatters all skin tones and is gorgeous. It's a mid tone red with red and gold shimmer. The formula is sheer-ish, it took 2 coats for opacity and 3 coats for depth. Nice drying time with Lippmann's Addicted to Speed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by cossard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is so beautiful! I had wanted a bottle for months and I'm glad I finally bought one. The glitter is perfect, I can't stop stop staring at my nails! This color would be really great for the holidays or Valentine's Day - for some reason it reminds me of cute little homemade Valentine's cards - or just whenever you need a little sparkle. This is the best red glitter I've ever found.

Also, a tip for people who had trouble with getting it to dry: let your nails air-dry for about 5 minutes and then soak them in a bowl of ice water for about 3. They'll be hard in no time :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by SPOILEDkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It's a deep sparkly red that doesn't look too glittery from far away. Up close and in the sunlight it sparkles like crazy. As much as I love the color, the formula sucks. I use mostly CG polishes and I've never had a polish take so long to dry. In fact, it never really hardened. Two days later when I stuck the corner of my fingernail on top of my other nail, it left a little dent. I follow the same application technique every time I apply polish so it has to be something off about this shade's formula. Unfortunately I don't have hours to spend waiting for polish to dry, so I'm not sure I'll use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am usually not a fan of glitzy or glittery nail polishes, I usually get them for my daughter. But I tried this and the whole line on my nails at Sally's Beauty Supply and fell in love. Its such a beautiful deep red, and I LOVE good red polishes. The sparkle didn't bother me at all. I think it helps that it is a red sparkle rather than a silver or gold. I like the red on red effect. I feel the same way about the whole Wizard of Oz line but this is my favorite.
It gives great nail coverage and can be applied in one coat of you are in a hurry. It looks best with two coats but one would work. I plan on buying the whole line and I will probably buy a few bottles of this in case it gets DC'd.
Really recommend this to anyone who loves reds and even those who love a little glitz and glam!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by scintilla1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

meh. I found the colour a bit cheezy. I'm liking Essie thigh-high for the same effect but a little less glitzy. Swapped it out already.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

The colour is gorgeous and you could get away with just one coat but I like to use two to get a more pigmented colour on my nails. I found this dried almost instantly and with a top coat it lasted for a week with no chipping...not even rubbing off the tip of my nail!

This polish is really hard to get off. I have a good nail polish remover but I think the sparkles in the polish like to stay on the nail when the red colour is rubbing away. I usually have to work twice as hard to get this polish off but that won't stop me from repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

a classic! THE red nail polish.. i wear it for christmas every year and sometimes as a summer pedi. i think i have one of the bad versions though.. mine shows up much darker than the swatches usually show and i know there is more than one version.
still i cannot stop looking at it when it is on! though sometimes the glitter turns silver on me, which i cannot stand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Chelseaaah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect Christmas polish. Super fine red and gold glitter in a red jelly base. This is THE red glitter nail polish. This is opaque in two coats, but I think a third adds depth. Over Nail Tek Foundation II and topped with a coat of Seche Vite and it looks flawless and is dry in minutes. You really can't go wrong with this.