Clarins UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40 [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Active: Titanium Dioxide 8.1%; Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Corn Starch Modified, Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Butyl Phenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

on 6/7/2005 12:36:00 AM

I tried the sample of this sunscreen, loved it, returned to the store the next month to purchase and OUCH! The price is high - $36.50, although I purchased it anyway, as I really love this stuff. I live in the Rocky Mountains and need a good sunscreen for this altitude. It is easy to apply, non-greasy, and works. I have used this almost everyday since, alone and under foundation. Over the years, I have tried many different brands, most recently Clinique, but still tended to get too much sun on my nose and cheeks. The two best things about this sunscreen is the SPF 40 and it doesn’t break my face out.

Glad to be the first review. This is a new product from Clarins this summer. It protects face from the sun (SPF40) and environmental pollution. I normally don't use sunscreen of such a high SPF since I have combo/oily skin prone to breakouts. But I swim alot in the summer and I really don't want to end up with wrinkled skin in my 20's. This sunscreen is perfect! It is feather light, gives matte finish, goes great under foundation and did not give me any breakouts! Nice light scent. Though it's quite expensive for such a small bottle...Oh well, I'd rather pay $$ now than have dried up fish scale skin later...

on 5/22/2005 1:29:00 PM

While this is a good product, put it down and buy DHC's new Anti-wrinkle white sunscreen SPF 25 instead. It's the same exact thing and it's only $23 instead of Clarins' $36.50, which when you think about it, is absolutely ridiculous for 1.06 ounces. Plus DHC's sunscreen is on sale right now for just $17...(thru 6/30/05)you can't beat that! It comes in the same type bottle (it's 1 ounce)has the same feel and consistency, the same active ingredient; titanium dioxide, and also has zinc oxide. It also has vitamin E, alpha arbutin (for skin lightening) it IS NOT greasy AT ALL and goes on completely matte and invisible, your skin is ready for make-up. It is SPF 25 instead of Clarins 40 but from what I've read and been told once you get over SPF 15 it becomes redundant. I urge you to at least try DHC before shelling out $36.50 for the same thing in Clarins. Let me know what you think!

on 5/19/2005 10:13:00 AM

I've been using it for two weeks. It does not break me out so far. Unlike other sunscreen products, this one make me feel like to wear it every day since it's very light and non-oily. Thank you for those great reviews.

on 5/2/2005 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I agree with all these reviews. I was shocked at the super tiny bottle I picked up at Sephora (despite reading about this on MUA) but bought it b/c of the great reviews and am very happy I did.

I have combo/oily skin but it can get dehydrated because of my acne medication. Anyway, this goes great over my moisturizer, has not broken me out (and most things do), and doesn't give my skin that slick oiliness that other suncreens do. I had been using Remede's Translucent UV coat, but realized it probably wasn't providing as much protection as I should use. But I liked the fact it was tinted because I don't wear foundation or powder for the most part. (I do hate Clinique's city block because of the oiliness, broke me out, plus the tint was way too much). So now, I mix the Remede with the Clarins on days I want a tint or just use the Clarins on its own. For right now, this appears to be an HG everyday sunscreen (definitely would not use this if I were going to beach or hiking or something). Worth the bucks.

on 4/20/2005 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the first sunscreen I've used on my face that doesn't break me out or cause an oil slick on my face. It is great for people like me who are in and out all day. Will definitely repurchase.

The sales girl did tell me, though, not to sunbathe in this product, despite its SPF 40. She said that it's not meant for intensive exposure to the sun, but rather for daily use.

on 4/20/2005 12:40:00 PM

This is a very nice product. I got a sample from the Clarins counter in Nordstrom (they have tons of ready-made samples of their products, btw! pick up a few!). I may buy the full size, but I am going to try to find something cheaper first. The price is the only negative thing I see for this though. It has a great feel, no pore-cloggers, and is broad spectrum. Don't forget to shake it really well before use. It is an all-mineral sunscreen; therefore, you won't get the protection you need if the titanium dioxide doesn't get mixed throughout the product (it has a tendency to settle to the bottom).

on 4/18/2005 4:17:00 PM

ME TOO! Hated City Block, love this one. You can even put it around the eyes. wooooo really good stuff here. Small Portion, but HEY! quality not quantity. There are not too many things I don't like from Clarins. I wish I could find out more about the rest of their products. Make Up Alley to the rescue......

on 3/15/2005 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is the best chemical free sunscreen I ever used. I am allergic to chemical sunscreens so I can only use sunscreens with titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.this is oil free, very lightweight and doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. I love this product! I was using clinique super city block before I discovered this. the clinique one was thick and sometimes caused breakouts and was tinted so it felt like I was wearing foundation. this new sunscreen from clarins is the answer to my complaints.

Top Rated Clarins Products