September 18, 2014 | 1385 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by smgallo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first sunscreen I've used on my face that doesn't break me out or cause an oil slick on my face. It is great for people like me who are in and out all day. Will definitely repurchase.

The sales girl did tell me, though, not to sunbathe in this product, despite its SPF 40. She said that it's not meant for intensive exposure to the sun, but rather for daily use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very nice product. I got a sample from the Clarins counter in Nordstrom (they have tons of ready-made samples of their products, btw! pick up a few!). I may buy the full size, but I am going to try to find something cheaper first. The price is the only negative thing I see for this though. It has a great feel, no pore-cloggers, and is broad spectrum. Don't forget to shake it really well before use. It is an all-mineral sunscreen; therefore, you won't get the protection you need if the titanium dioxide doesn't get mixed throughout the product (it has a tendency to settle to the bottom).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Rod775

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ME TOO! Hated City Block, love this one. You can even put it around the eyes. wooooo really good stuff here. Small Portion, but HEY! quality not quantity. There are not too many things I don't like from Clarins. I wish I could find out more about the rest of their products. Make Up Alley to the rescue......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best chemical free sunscreen I ever used. I am allergic to chemical sunscreens so I can only use sunscreens with titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.this is oil free, very lightweight and doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. I love this product! I was using clinique super city block before I discovered this. the clinique one was thick and sometimes caused breakouts and was tinted so it felt like I was wearing foundation. this new sunscreen from clarins is the answer to my complaints.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No