Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 10/14/2002 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am so happy that I finally have this! I have been wanting it ever since last Christmas and I was so glad to hear that BB was going to put it out again for the holiday's. I mainly bought this to use as eyeshadows. Some have said that this is too shimmery to be used as that, but I don't find that to be true at all. It applies wonderfully and if I use it as an eyeshadow the result is beautiful. The shimmer is not over powering and it does not fall under my eyes, it stays put. This compact is simply stunning to look at and it is well worth $35. I'm so happy that I went ahead and ordered it!

on 5/29/2002 9:27:00 AM

I didn't love this. I think this is one of those limited edition items that everyone feels they *must* have because it is elusive and will only be available for a short time.
I bought into the hype, but eventually swapped it as I just didn't use it.

As the other reviewers said, the shimmer gets everywhere. I put this on my cheeks and it seemed to migrate all over. Used as eyeshadow it's really pretty, but even as a shadow, the shimmer gets everywhere. Messssy!

on 3/2/2002 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this compact! Maybe it is because I'm pale and shimmer doesn't show up on my skin as well as on darker skin, but this wasn't overly shimmery on me. It gives my cheeks a nice glow. All of the colors are very pretty and can be used on cheeks and eyes. I even used the pinkish one on my lips mixed with a little lip glass. A very versatile item with endless possibilities! Now if only they would make it permanent!!!

on 2/28/2002 2:10:00 PM

OK, for months I've been searching and looking everywhere to get my hands on one of this famous compact and when I finally got it.. I am so totally not impressed =(
It is probably too shimmery to use on my face.

on 2/10/2002 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have noticed the problem with the shimmer going everywhere. However when used as an eyeshadow it doesn't crease and the colors work well with each other. I find it a nice addition to my collection and would recommend to anyone who feels they need some shimmer in their life.

on 1/20/2002 3:47:00 PM

Great for blush (if your very fair like me) and an all over glow. I also use the individual colors as eye shadow. Too bad its discontinued, I bought mine on ebay and it was very expensive.

on 1/2/2002 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the most beautiful shimmery bronze shades I've ever owned. Each complements the other so nicely, and can be worn individual or mixed together as a bronzer. Lovely for evening. Works for day too, when paired with a matte colour.

on 12/27/2001 9:55:00 AM

I'm a big bronzer fan, and so ran out to get this as soon as I could. I love how I can use each color as eyeshadow too - the white is great for 'opening' eyes. When swishing your powder brush over it, be careful - if you do it too hard, the powder goes all over the place! It has very sheer coverage, but gives your face a very pretty sheen. Obviously, this isn't good if you're oily, but if you're not, the shimmer looks really pretty.

Overall, this is great as a bronzer for going out, I like it :)

on 12/5/2001 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is such a great idea. Five shimmery colors that can be used separately as eyeshadows or blended with a blush or powder brush and swept all over the face. I was very excited when I first purchased this after the MA used it all over. However, it got too bronzy for me, so in pictures I look too shiny and bronzy. Another rant is when I brushed a powder brush in, shimmers went everywhere, including all over me. I never tried them as eyeshadows, I just got too fed up and returned it. Now, after hearing all the raves, I'm not sure if my choice was a wise one. The colors are very bronzy- a dark bronze, medium bronze, gold, pinkish gold and white. They just didn't work for my coloring.

on 12/5/2001 4:33:00 PM

I am loving my BB Shimmer Brick. The product and packaging are both lovely and practical. You can use the colors individually or blended together for one truly magnificant color. Very shimmery (but not over the top) and very wearable (but not too subtle that you can't detect the color/shimmer). Its limited edition so I would highly recommend scooping these up quickly...you'll regret it later if you don't.