December 19, 2014 | 827 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2002 9:27:00 AM More reviews by kimbleB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't love this. I think this is one of those limited edition items that everyone feels they *must* have because it is elusive and will only be available for a short time.
I bought into the hype, but eventually swapped it as I just didn't use it.

As the other reviewers said, the shimmer gets everywhere. I put this on my cheeks and it seemed to migrate all over. Used as eyeshadow it's really pretty, but even as a shadow, the shimmer gets everywhere. Messssy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2002 3:43:00 PM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this compact! Maybe it is because I'm pale and shimmer doesn't show up on my skin as well as on darker skin, but this wasn't overly shimmery on me. It gives my cheeks a nice glow. All of the colors are very pretty and can be used on cheeks and eyes. I even used the pinkish one on my lips mixed with a little lip glass. A very versatile item with endless possibilities! Now if only they would make it permanent!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2002 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

OK, for months I've been searching and looking everywhere to get my hands on one of this famous compact and when I finally got it.. I am so totally not impressed =(
It is probably too shimmery to use on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2002 6:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupjnky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have noticed the problem with the shimmer going everywhere. However when used as an eyeshadow it doesn't crease and the colors work well with each other. I find it a nice addition to my collection and would recommend to anyone who feels they need some shimmer in their life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2002 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for blush (if your very fair like me) and an all over glow. I also use the individual colors as eye shadow. Too bad its discontinued, I bought mine on ebay and it was very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2002 5:51:00 AM More reviews by SunnyBunny

This is one of the most beautiful shimmery bronze shades I've ever owned. Each complements the other so nicely, and can be worn individual or mixed together as a bronzer. Lovely for evening. Works for day too, when paired with a matte colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2001 9:55:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I'm a big bronzer fan, and so ran out to get this as soon as I could. I love how I can use each color as eyeshadow too - the white is great for 'opening' eyes. When swishing your powder brush over it, be careful - if you do it too hard, the powder goes all over the place! It has very sheer coverage, but gives your face a very pretty sheen. Obviously, this isn't good if you're oily, but if you're not, the shimmer looks really pretty.

Overall, this is great as a bronzer for going out, I like it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2001 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great idea. Five shimmery colors that can be used separately as eyeshadows or blended with a blush or powder brush and swept all over the face. I was very excited when I first purchased this after the MA used it all over. However, it got too bronzy for me, so in pictures I look too shiny and bronzy. Another rant is when I brushed a powder brush in, shimmers went everywhere, including all over me. I never tried them as eyeshadows, I just got too fed up and returned it. Now, after hearing all the raves, I'm not sure if my choice was a wise one. The colors are very bronzy- a dark bronze, medium bronze, gold, pinkish gold and white. They just didn't work for my coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2001 4:33:00 PM More reviews by D-Girl

I am loving my BB Shimmer Brick. The product and packaging are both lovely and practical. You can use the colors individually or blended together for one truly magnificant color. Very shimmery (but not over the top) and very wearable (but not too subtle that you can't detect the color/shimmer). Its limited edition so I would highly recommend scooping these up quickly...you'll regret it later if you don't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2001 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must admit I was enticed to buy this product from a glance of a very tempting picture layout in Bazaar magazine. So, I went off to the Bobbi Brown counter to check it out and it looked so lovely. It really is quite shimmery without the chunks of glitter and I like that you can use it on face and eyes - I love multi-purpose makeup. Love this compact for it's all-in-one quality. I use the colors individually as shadows and sweep a powder brush across it for blush. I can totally work of this single compact for my entire face which is convenient. But I realize that there most certainly, must be other low-end products out there that can give the same effect because $35.00 for this compact seems a little steep. I like it for now, but would definitely not re-purchase.