Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 8/30/2006 12:27:00 AM

I think this powder is just okay...not horrible but not the greatest either. It keeps my skin shine-free for awhile, but I definitley need touch-ups and I don't have extremely oily skin. I do like the smell and the packaging quality is nice, but I think there are betters powders out there. **UPDATE** I just bought this powder again, but in a lighter shade. I was using Stay Neutral before and now I have Stay Buff. I have to say I like this powder so much better now. My skin looked a little ruddy before, so I guess I just had the wrong shade. My skin looks fresher now. I still don't feel like I can give it 5 stars, but I can move it up from 3 stars to 4.

on 8/27/2006 8:10:00 PM

It doesn't have a very great amount of coverage and has to be reapplied often if you are an oily/combo gal. It's just a so-so product to me and would rather invest my money in other products.

on 8/6/2006 6:11:00 PM

I have been using the product in Stay Neutral for the last 5 years. It does it's job pretty well for me. I use it over a light moisturizer or tinted moisturizer and it takes away my shine and evens my skin tone without getting cakey. When I used to use it with the sponge that it comes with, my boyfriend could tell I had makeup on and said it would sometimes look streaky. Now that I use it with a big fluffy brush, it goes on smoother and lasts longer. Gives a flawless finish. I do have to repurchase about every 3-4 months though, it doesn't last very long in the pan.

on 7/21/2006 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This poweder is pretty good, bu definately not the best. It will turn a different shade on you once you become oily later in the day, but you can just touch up and it will look fine, It looks absloutely beautiful when you first put it on!

on 7/15/2006 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

In my opinion, this is one of the worst products Clinique has created. I love most of Clinique's Cosmetics, but trying this powder was a horrible experience. Since I have oily/acne prone skin, the sales chic informed me that this powder is best for my skin type. When I purchased the powder, I couldn't wait to get home and try it. I washed my face, applied a toner and moisturizer. I applied the powder to my face and ended up looking ashy and death stricken. I used Stay Honey. It looked like cheap funeral home make-up. My skin broke out on the forehead area. It used to be clear. My complexion was ruddy and very, very, very, very, very oily. I returned the "Stay Matte Crap" and got a refuned. This product needs to be reformulated or discontinued!

on 6/2/2006 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this powder in Stay Neutral, in a trial-sized compact. The powder bin was only about 1" in diameter, and the mirror was just about the same: freaking tiny. Kind of ridiculous... I don't know why they bothered putting that mirror. Not the best of designs. I guess it looks cute, but it's weird when you have to use another mirror to apply the powder when you have that little one staring you in the face. Oh well.

This powder compact also came with a small round sponge. In a word: YUCK. If you ask me, everyone should stop using sponges in pressed powder compacts. They grow bacteria like crazy. Maybe some people like using sponges because the texture is different, but you should throw or wash those sponges after every use and dry them well, otherwise you shouldn't use them at all.

Now, for the powder itself, it's a bit funny-looking. The color was all right, I guess, but it looks cakey on my skin and doesn't do much to blot out the oil. Maybe it's because I'm Filipino... like other Asians, I have a warmer, more yellow-toned complexion than Caucasians and have a more difficult time finding powders that "disappear" on my skin. Some powders make me look ashy and some make me look unnaturally pink. The Clinique Stay Neutral should have been the safest color, but it looked rather clumpy. It didn't do much to absorb oil, either... like some of the other reviewers, I found myself having to reapply several times. Eck. Such a disappointing product for the Clinique line. Definitely not worth the price, definitely not for me. continued >>

on 6/1/2006 1:40:00 PM

I have used this for some time without being totally in love with it. I am very hesitant to try new stuff cuz I hate getting product that ends up being total crap. I have fairly oily and breakout prone skin and i have to agree with some of the reviews that the oil fighting lasts for a very short time. I also don't like to re-apply because it can start to look a little patchy if your not careful. Also over time I do believe that the color does alter. Glad I found this website cuz it's nice to get true opinions from someone who isn't trying to make a sale. Let me know if you have any good powder suggestions!

on 5/22/2006 2:53:00 AM

I love this product so much, it is so light and sheer, it gives me a beautiful matte appearance but doesn't look cakey or heavy at all. i buy it brand new on Ebay, which means i get it quite cheaply and it lasts for ages aswell. my HC mattifying product

on 5/19/2006 11:03:00 AM

An okay product. It didn't control shine for very long and tended to look a bit heavy. It seemed to change colour on me throughout the day and gathered into lines when I sweated. Lancome Matte powder works much better for me and comes in nicer shades, and MAC blotting powder controls oil much more effectively. Like usual, had high hopes for a Clinique product and was disappointed.

on 5/17/2006 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For reference, I'm an AAB with NC35/C4 coloring and dark hair and eyes. I've used this for years in various forms both in the green compacts and also in the limited edition metal ones that come out for the holidays.

It's a good basic pressed powder that's nice for touch ups during the day - Stay Golden works well for me. I don't think it's anything spectacular though for the price. It has not caused me any breakouts, and has not gone cakey on me. Still continue to have this in my purse for touchups.