September 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by johnnycat

I have used this for some time without being totally in love with it. I am very hesitant to try new stuff cuz I hate getting product that ends up being total crap. I have fairly oily and breakout prone skin and i have to agree with some of the reviews that the oil fighting lasts for a very short time. I also don't like to re-apply because it can start to look a little patchy if your not careful. Also over time I do believe that the color does alter. Glad I found this website cuz it's nice to get true opinions from someone who isn't trying to make a sale. Let me know if you have any good powder suggestions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by becky5300

I love this product so much, it is so light and sheer, it gives me a beautiful matte appearance but doesn't look cakey or heavy at all. i buy it brand new on Ebay, which means i get it quite cheaply and it lasts for ages aswell. my HC mattifying product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

An okay product. It didn't control shine for very long and tended to look a bit heavy. It seemed to change colour on me throughout the day and gathered into lines when I sweated. Lancome Matte powder works much better for me and comes in nicer shades, and MAC blotting powder controls oil much more effectively. Like usual, had high hopes for a Clinique product and was disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

For reference, I'm an AAB with NC35/C4 coloring and dark hair and eyes. I've used this for years in various forms both in the green compacts and also in the limited edition metal ones that come out for the holidays.

It's a good basic pressed powder that's nice for touch ups during the day - Stay Golden works well for me. I don't think it's anything spectacular though for the price. It has not caused me any breakouts, and has not gone cakey on me. Still continue to have this in my purse for touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by beauty_addict1

better than any of the drugstore powders ive used

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my face isnt breakout prone but is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy oily and greasy so i was looking for a better powder to use since i was previously using drugstore brand. ok well this powder worked for like a week [i think it only worked because i was so excited about this and made myself believe that it worked] than just stopped working. doesnt break me out or anything but my face becomes reallyyyy shinnyyy and oily after like 2-3 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2006 5:48:00 PM More reviews by eyesbrown

I havent used a Clinique powder since high school, (I'm 25) and I'm sure this purchase will be the last time. I have acne-prone skin, yet dry patches as well due to fighting acne. It seemed okay when tested on my at the counter but I was pretty stunned with me first at-home use. I applied it over Estee Lauder Lucidity and it simply sat on my face. It didnt blend and become my skin (as good makeup should do, lol) at any point. Plus the shade was so unbelievable.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by AyeDavenita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product does what it promises but I do NOT like the colors... the don't enlighten my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2006 5:08:00 AM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

YUCKKKK !!!!!!!!!!! I'm confused of the review of this powder in MUA, cos there're 2 sheer matte powder, the 1st list is bas reviews and in here is good reviews. I did check Clinique's web site, but there's only 1 sheer matte powder. Anyway, I've been loyal to MAC Blot for years now and I have extremely oily acne prone skin, cystic etc. I'm 25 now and still suffer from this acne esp PMS time and at this age, I'm trying not to change skin care brands all the time as I liked to do except for makeup brands. Skincare is more serious stuff. Oh my goodness, I bought this powder in Stay neutral at first for my light-medium Asian yellow based skin tone, turned out to be TOO Neutral (pinkish n yellowish tone) not for me at all, it's more caucasian skin. So, I exchanged with Stay Golden and suits me the most. I wore this powder with my Bare foundation also other day w TARTE foundation and other day w Bourjois light found. This powder is HORRIBLE, it looks CAKEY and MASKY after 1 hr. I touched up 3 times in a day w this powder, I just can't wait to get home n wash my face right away. I looked so dark cakey(my Bf commented on me), very thick powdery look. It's like sticking in your face really bad. That kind of sponge also mainly used for powder foundation. I don't know why Clinique use that kind of sponge for pressed powder w/o found type. It's so wrong !!!

Ohya when I used it w Tarte n Bourjois foundation, I just looked really bad, something like red native Indian skin. I was so piss and I washed my face again after 30 mins putting on my make up. Cos, this powder is so GROSS looking on my face. With MAC Blot, the texture is so sheer, yet U see the coverage and makes u glowy not shimmery or shiny. I need to blot like 5 times if I go out the whole day to evening and MAC Blot really refresh my look, not cakey at all, totally natural, it just stops the oil. I had bad exp w T Le Clerk powder as well, so cakey. I don't why Clinique products never work on me for some reason. The skincare line doesn't do any benefit on me and the makeup line is horrible colors I think, the quality is not good compared to other brands, even drugstore brands is better than Clinique. Sorry Clinique !!!! I'm goin to return this powder tom and buy MAC Blot again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tanno123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing 'Stay Beige' for about 6 years and it is absolutely wonderful.
Makes my oily skin look nice and smooth. My sister converted too and now wears 'Stay Honey.'