November 26, 2014 | 1641 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Sugar_Foot01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is one of the worst products Clinique has created. I love most of Clinique's Cosmetics, but trying this powder was a horrible experience. Since I have oily/acne prone skin, the sales chic informed me that this powder is best for my skin type. When I purchased the powder, I couldn't wait to get home and try it. I washed my face, applied a toner and moisturizer. I applied the powder to my face and ended up looking ashy and death stricken. I used Stay Honey. It looked like cheap funeral home make-up. My skin broke out on the forehead area. It used to be clear. My complexion was ruddy and very, very, very, very, very oily. I returned the "Stay Matte Crap" and got a refuned. This product needs to be reformulated or discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2006 3:01:00 AM More reviews by stefleaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this powder in Stay Neutral, in a trial-sized compact. The powder bin was only about 1" in diameter, and the mirror was just about the same: freaking tiny. Kind of ridiculous... I don't know why they bothered putting that mirror. Not the best of designs. I guess it looks cute, but it's weird when you have to use another mirror to apply the powder when you have that little one staring you in the face. Oh well.

This powder compact also came with a small round sponge. In a word: YUCK. If you ask me, everyone should stop using sponges in pressed powder compacts. They grow bacteria like crazy. Maybe some people like using sponges because the texture is different, but you should throw or wash those sponges after every use and dry them well, otherwise you shouldn't use them at all.

Now, for the powder itself, it's a bit funny-looking. The color was all right, I guess, but it looks cakey on my skin and doesn't do much to blot out the oil. Maybe it's because I'm Filipino... like other Asians, I have a warmer, more yellow-toned complexion than Caucasians and have a more difficult time finding powders that "disappear" on my skin. Some powders make me look ashy and some make me look unnaturally pink. The Clinique Stay Neutral should have been the safest color, but it looked rather clumpy. It didn't do much to absorb oil, either... like some of the other reviewers, I found myself having to reapply several times. Eck. Such a disappointing product for the Clinique line. Definitely not worth the price, definitely not for me. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by johnnycat

I have used this for some time without being totally in love with it. I am very hesitant to try new stuff cuz I hate getting product that ends up being total crap. I have fairly oily and breakout prone skin and i have to agree with some of the reviews that the oil fighting lasts for a very short time. I also don't like to re-apply because it can start to look a little patchy if your not careful. Also over time I do believe that the color does alter. Glad I found this website cuz it's nice to get true opinions from someone who isn't trying to make a sale. Let me know if you have any good powder suggestions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by becky5300

I love this product so much, it is so light and sheer, it gives me a beautiful matte appearance but doesn't look cakey or heavy at all. i buy it brand new on Ebay, which means i get it quite cheaply and it lasts for ages aswell. my HC mattifying product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

An okay product. It didn't control shine for very long and tended to look a bit heavy. It seemed to change colour on me throughout the day and gathered into lines when I sweated. Lancome Matte powder works much better for me and comes in nicer shades, and MAC blotting powder controls oil much more effectively. Like usual, had high hopes for a Clinique product and was disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

For reference, I'm an AAB with NC35/C4 coloring and dark hair and eyes. I've used this for years in various forms both in the green compacts and also in the limited edition metal ones that come out for the holidays.

It's a good basic pressed powder that's nice for touch ups during the day - Stay Golden works well for me. I don't think it's anything spectacular though for the price. It has not caused me any breakouts, and has not gone cakey on me. Still continue to have this in my purse for touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by beauty_addict1

better than any of the drugstore powders ive used

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my face isnt breakout prone but is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy oily and greasy so i was looking for a better powder to use since i was previously using drugstore brand. ok well this powder worked for like a week [i think it only worked because i was so excited about this and made myself believe that it worked] than just stopped working. doesnt break me out or anything but my face becomes reallyyyy shinnyyy and oily after like 2-3 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2006 5:48:00 PM More reviews by eyesbrown

I havent used a Clinique powder since high school, (I'm 25) and I'm sure this purchase will be the last time. I have acne-prone skin, yet dry patches as well due to fighting acne. It seemed okay when tested on my at the counter but I was pretty stunned with me first at-home use. I applied it over Estee Lauder Lucidity and it simply sat on my face. It didnt blend and become my skin (as good makeup should do, lol) at any point. Plus the shade was so unbelievable.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by AyeDavenita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product does what it promises but I do NOT like the colors... the don't enlighten my face.