MAC Up The Amp

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a very pretty lipstick. It isn't in your face vibrant like Girl About Town, but it *almost* like that. It is a medium lavender-pink that looks nice on fair and olive skintones. It goes great with a tan.

on 12/4/2008 11:28:00 AM

I cannot believe I waited so long to get this lipstick as I love MAC's amplified cremes. This looks amazing against my skin tone (I'm an NW30 with pink undertones). It looks like a plummy pink colour and is very unique. I have tones of pink lipstick and none look like this. Try it with blue or purple eyeshadows and you will love the results! Will definitely pick up a new one when I run out, I heart this lipstick!

on 10/30/2008 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It's a really fierce color, I love it! Im NC42/medium beige so I've alway wanted a deep yet vibrant color, since alot of red shade turn me off.And this colors staying power WOW, I love it smooth application =MUAH.

on 9/17/2008 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've been contemplating this product for some time, and today I finally went into a MAC store to try this out. WOW, simply amazing! I think this color is even more striking than Pink Nouveau (which is a barbie doll pink); I would describe this unique color as kinda pinkish-lavender but leaning more towards lavender. You gotta try it on to see for yourself, and be prepared to be amazed because it's an unusually great color! ;) I love it so much, I'm gonna have to go back to the store soon and grab a tube of it (I bought Viva Glam VI l/s during this visit). For reference: I'm a yellow-skinned Chinese, with cool undertones.

on 2/14/2008 6:16:00 PM

this is probably the lipstick i wear the most. i pretty much adore mac amplified creme because of the texture and the fact it doesn't dry my lips out and isn't glittery. this is a violet pink and i think it is very unique and pretty. it is pretty intense, i like to wear it with no other makeup (maybe some mascara) or a little rosey-bronze eyeshadow. it will definetly be noticed and i have discontinued wearing it to work after some stares in meetings. i am pretty fair and have green eyes and the violet really makes my eyes stand out. love it, will repurchase.

on 1/18/2008 10:18:00 PM

A MAC sa recommended this to me when I was at a loss for a good lippie to wear with purple e/s. I am glad I took a chance on this one, the color is unusual, I think it really is pretty unique. I would describe it as a creamy, milky, medium lavendar with shine.

I like to apply it straight with a lip brush, to get the true color without altering it with liners or gloss.

on 12/27/2007 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've passed this at the Mac Store so many times. The color just jumps out at me from all the other l/s they have on display. Really it is just such a unique color in the tube. What I failed to realize is that, it is a beautiful color on. If you are light olive, Asian, or have yellow- golden undertones try this. It is beautiful.
It's rosy violet. Packs the impact you'd expect of a blue red, but in a light violet instead. Staying power is surprisingly decent for Mac (I'm more of a Nars girl) I wore this with light blue eyeshadow and it balanced nicely. This color works good as a contrasting color. Not so MLBB.

Maybe I'm crazy, but this isn't bright enough for me. Usually MAC amp. cream formulas go on my lips the way the look in the tubes, but this one seems a bit more sheer. On my pigmented lips, it's a slightly plum pink-based violet cream. I like that it stays on very well and wears evenly throughout the day. Try pairing it with VGVI lipglass.

on 5/22/2007 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A pinky-mauve shade. very eyecatching and will suit any skintone. It may look bright in the tube but can be applied sheer. I have diorkiss lipgloss in lychee rose which is an exact shade of this l/s and i use this on top to get a more intense colour.

on 5/4/2007 10:10:00 PM

A truly beautiful and unique shade that can be worn day or night. I've never seen a shade like this and that can look great on a wide range of skin tones ! At first I thought by looking at it in the tube,it would be blah or just plain weird looking but once I put it on I was just in awe-so pretty ! I wear this with clear lipglass on top. I will keep repurchasing !

Recommended for Medium Skin